Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Grey Areas

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

Bull takes a psychologist friend, Dr. Donovan Benanti, as a client when the therapist is sued for malpractice following a patient’s deadly rampage. As Bull worries a trial loss could set new precedent regarding doctor-patient confidentiality, he aims to convince the jury that clinicians aren’t directly responsible for their patients’ actions.

• Love 1

I found this one to be surprisingly "nail-biting" (that term might be a smidge of an overstatement, but in that direction, at least). At the least, it totally got me with the turns in the plot. I thought the premise of Bull defending a client who (spoiler) actually turned out to be guilty but getting him caught in the end, was a nice change-up.

I surely do hope that I am never in a situation where I'm asked to be part of a "sting" like that widow was because there is absolutely no way in the universe that I would be able to pull it off, especially within what seemed like days after my husband were murdered.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Netfoot said:

So, seeing as Bull is not a lawyer, how can Lawyer/Client confidentiality be invoked?

Bull is part of the defense team, confidentiality covers anyone working with the attorney.  Donavan himself mentioned that.

• Love 1

So, is Bull a very very bad judge of character - or a very very good judge of character?
The fact that he had no inkling of his former partner's dark side - constantly gushing over him at the beginning of the episode - makes it look as if Bull is pretty gullible. 
Bull's 'gotcha' speech at the end did not hold up very well. He repeatedly emphasized that his former partner would have a hard time mounting a case from jail. Sorry, but prisoners have nothing but time, and this guy probably has plenty of money - -  and despite his heinousness ,  I would guess that the law is on his side. 

But, no worries, just like Marissa's con artist boyfriend, I am sure this plot will vanish into thin air. 

This season seems to be dredging up a lot of Bull's former girlfriends, roommates, partners, etc. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, shrewd.buddha said:

Sorry, but prisoners have nothing but time, and this guy probably has plenty of money - -  and despite his heinousness ,  I would guess that the law is on his side. 

Not to mention the fact that he is a master manipulator, and has a large crowd of potential accomplices willing to arrange things on the outside (for a price), both of which could combine to Bull's serious disadvantage.

• Love 2

I kind of liked this one.  It was a good premise, and the actor playing the twisted psychiatrist was suitably affable at first, but his descent into malicious manipulation and narcissistic obsession was delicious.  Michael Weatherly's quiet desperation as he observed what was happening was also awesome.  The actress playing the grieving widow and subject of obsession also knocked it out of the park.  Kudos to all.

• Love 7

I kind of liked this one.  It was a good premise, and the actor playing the twisted psychiatrist was suitably affable at first, but his descent into malicious manipulation and narcissistic obsession was delicious.  Michael Weatherly's quiet desperation as he observed what was happening was also awesome.  The actress playing the grieving widow and subject of obsession also knocked it out of the park.  Kudos to all.

ITA, and well-worded.  Probably the most engrossing episode I've seen, with enjoyable plot twists the whole way through.  Also liked Chunk and Dani's quick thinking at the restaurant.

But it does bring into question Bull's perceptive abilities by having been fooled by his colleague for all these years... 

• Love 2

I generally liked it.  Mostly for MW's performance.  You could see his angst on what to do about this once that little twist in the story was revealed.  Though I didn't really think Bull's little "spit take" on the suit of that guy was in character.  After all the years of study and all the cases you've been through and all the accomplishments you have achieved, the only thing you could think of doing in that moment was spitting on someone?  Like, really?  But other than that, I thought his anger and his conflict was very well done.

The "confession" scene seemed a bit hokey to me.  I just didn't see something like that happening basically on the first date.  But I can excuse that a bit by the fact she was a patient and they knew each other pretty well anyway.  Just seemed a bit too contrived though.

• Love 2

Not to mention the fact that he is a master manipulator, and has a large crowd of potential accomplices willing to arrange things on the outside (for a price), both of which could combine to Bull's serious disadvantage.

Yeah, I kept thinking, "Uh... Bull? You might not want to poke the psychopath too much. He's got nothing but time, for plotting how to get back at you for this. Don't be so smug."

• Love 2

I was surprised that Dr. Donovan Benanti fell for the meeting with Annabelle Harper. I know he is psycho and thinks he is above everyone else, but just like with other cop shows,I would think he would suspect and lay low for awhile.  You have a person of interest interrogated by the police, This person flaunts that there is no evidence, or they didn't do it, then the police follow them to somewhere where they can get caught and things can be used against them. She did play her part well. Also Chuck and Dani did play theirs well also.

Bull does seem to have problems with old associates and like the rest of us, he doesn't always pick or know the best people.

It was interesting that he pushed Lex Booker to kill his bosses. This fits in with the so called brain wash that was thought in the Kennedy Brothers Assassinations.

I did like how Bull helped him be caught. But in prison he can work on his defense more. i bet this story and Marissa's BF will come up again.