Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Sanctuary

Not bad... Cleans up the storyline... Sets up the final episodes... Marianna still making rash stupid decisions... Poor AJ... I'm still holding out hope for u... Aaron is still a jerk in my book... Good on Callie for ending that

I thought for a moment when Brandon told Lena that his girlfriend has cancer, she was just going to laugh out loud. Not because its funny at all, but because what are the odds of this much shit happening to one family in just a few years?!?! And she doesn't even know that Mariana is texting with her crazy stalker whos evil dad is trying to kill the school! It must be exhausting. 

Pretty good episode, for another "Callie Saves the Day" meets "On a Very Special Fosters" episode. I do hope that we continue with Ximena and her family, and they dont just disappear after talking about an important social issue as tends to happen on this show. Plus, I like her and her sister, and the Adams-Foster kids need more friends they arent related to. 

I was with Grace on the treatment thing. She already has cancer, why not try something new, even if it has risks? It might kill her? So will cancer! I mean, certainly think about and know what your getting into, but I hope she does it, and sticks around, because she is the first girl Brandon has been with who I liked (and wasn't related to him) and if they keep insisting on giving Brandon love interests, at least they have a nice relationship. And no annoying kid. 

Hopefully this means the end of Callie/Aaron, and she eventually finds her way back to AJ. AJ is a nice guy and he and Callie work better together, and Aaron always rubbed me wrong with how hard he flirted with Callie when he knew she had a boyfriend, and Callie pretty much just lost interest in AJ. But, I hope she doesn't date anyone for awhile at least. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4

Word.. I do hope Callie finds her way to A.J if anybody... They just work well especially if shes not wrapped up in some saviour mission.. And i think A.J would out his foot down on a second go round with Callie... But as long as it ends with Aaron.. Who the show just gave Callie to after some pretty shitty behavior and def creep movements blatantly and constantly hitting in a girl who's got a man

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Pretty good episode, for another "Callie Saves the Day" meets "On a Very Special Fosters" episode. I do hope that we continue with Ximena and her family, and they dont just disappear after talking about an important social issue as tends to happen on this show. Plus, I like her and her sister, and the Adams-Foster kids need more friends they arent related to. 

Well, seeing as Poppy's living with the Fosters now, I have no doubt it'll continue. It's actually cool that they're getting another foster kid. I always wondered what would happen if a new foster kid moved in with the Fosters. 

I, too, liked the premiere, especially for a Callie episode. I did end up caring about Ximena, which is a nice change from me not caring much about Diamond earlier this season. 

I still love Grace/Brandon, and Grace is a really good character. I think I'll actually be angry at the show if she does end up dying. It would feel like it was done more for drama and for Brandon's grief than anything. 

Not liking Mariana at all. She's such a self centered spoiled brat. Yelling at Lena for daring to think about another job all because she thinks Lena is abandoning them? No, girl, don't talk shit about things you are clueless about. And who's surprised she decided to text Nick back? Anyone? Anyone? Yeah, didn't think so. I knew as soon as Nick texted last season that she'd get involved, but my suspicions were only confirmed when Emma asked Mariana to not get involved. Also, part of me hopes that it isn't even Nick, but his dad. That would be on Mariana for stupidly texting back.

Some good Stef/Lena moments, but there needed to be more.

I'm super glad Aaron and Callie broke up, even if they're not completely shutting the door on their relationship. Also, what helped make this episode good was Callie listening to people and not doing dumb shit. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Hopefully this means the end of Callie/Aaron, and she eventually finds her way back to AJ. AJ is a nice guy and he and Callie work better together, and Aaron always rubbed me wrong with how hard he flirted with Callie when he knew she had a boyfriend, and Callie pretty much just lost interest in AJ. But, I hope she doesn't date anyone for awhile at least. 

AJ's a good guy but I have a hard time thinking that he's a good love interest for Callie when he's both Brandon's brother and the soon to be step-son of Jesus and Marianna's mother.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Perfect Xero said:

AJ's a good guy but I have a hard time thinking that he's a good love interest for Callie when he's both Brandon's brother and the soon to be step-son of Jesus and Marianna's mother.

I checked to see if I remembered correctly, and I did: AJ doesn't want Mike to adopt him; he wants to live with his brother Ty when he gets out of jail (04x17).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ShortyMac said:

I checked to see if I remembered correctly, and I did: AJ doesn't want Mike to adopt him; he wants to live with his brother Ty when he gets out of jail (04x17).

I thought he changed his mind on that? I guess not. Even so he's still Mike's foster son.

3 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

Yeah, it isn't perfect, as AJ is still a part of her family, but at least he isn't her brother, and she met him before he was fostered/adopted by Mike. 

Speaking of brothers, I hope that Brandon and AJ get a story together soon. I know that Brandon was apprehensive about Mike adopting AJ (he was also kind of resentful about him dating Callie) but he seems ok with it now, but thats about it. They're brothers now, I would like to see them develop a relationship.*

*Even if Mike didn't officially adopt AJ, he is his foster dad and considers AJ to be one of his kids, so it still stands.  

I'm glad Callie and Aaron broke up, and I hope they stay broken up.  I also hope AJ and Callie stay broken up.  I want to see Callie on her own two feet, confident in and comfortable with herself and being on her own.  Can that ever happen, show? Why does Callie need to hop from guy to guy constantly?

• Love 2

Stellar police work,  Stef and Mike. An entire group of protesters assemble and it doesn't even wake you. 

Buh bye Aaron. The possibilities were endless with this character and they decided to just make him sooo unlikable.

I need coffee.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Gulftastic said:

Showing Mariana and Emma's snog in the 'previously' montage made me wonder if they are going to revisit this? Seemed oddly pointless to feature it as it had pretty much zero relevance to the episode.

Well, there was a reference back to it when Emma told Logan's girlfriend about the ex thing not being real. But other than that, no, I'm not sure why they needed to show it.

I finally caught up. I liked this episode a lot more than I thought I would. I particularly liked Stef telling Callie that it was time for her to come home -- and that the issue was not up for debate. I never warmed up to Diamond and think that the difference is that Ximena has a past with Callie so it was understandable that Callie would want to help her. I'm glad that the Fosters are fostering Poppy so that the Ximena sanctuary story will continue. Nice to see how Noah's permissive mother finally came in handy. 

I also liked Grace and Brandon more than I thought I would. Grace is the first girlfriend of Brandon who has been decent and nice. The storyline shows Brandon in a very positive light - which he needs after his recent past. 

Mariana never seems to learn; the last time she kept secrets involving Nick, many people suffered. Here we go again. 

Points to Lena for thinking about her family and keeping her job options open. Being a co-principal would be a step forward for her as well career wise.

I hope that this is the first step towards Callie showing Aaron the door. I've never liked him and his comments to Callie at the prom about stealing her from AJ really soured me on him. She can do so much better. 

More Moms, please! 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, morakot said:

Where is Poppy going to sleep? Will they put another bed in Mariana and Callie's room? Poor Mariana -- she once had a bedroom to herself...

How about in the garage which Gabe just vacated? 

I hope they put Poppy in with Mariana and Callie. I think it would be lonely for her out in Gabe's former residence.

Mariana should really have told Lena about the text from Nick. I'd think Lena would want to know who smashed the model, and it would help her, Jesus, and the school if Nick could actually tell them. But even if he can't, the moms need to know he's texting Mariana. People complain about Callie, but Callie has gotten better and Mariana is getting worse.

Drunk Emma was funny to me.

I was surprised Noah was allowed to sleep over in Jude's room. Is Jesus still sharing? It didn't seem like he was there.

8 hours ago, possibilities said:

I hope they put Poppy in with Mariana and Callie. I think it would be lonely for her out in Gabe's former residence.

Wasn't Brandon wanting to live out in the now renovated garage-turned-room? Maybe he'll end up moving there and Poppy will take his room.

8 hours ago, possibilities said:

Mariana should really have told Lena about the text from Nick. I'd think Lena would want to know who smashed the model, and it would help her, Jesus, and the school if Nick could actually tell them. But even if he can't, the moms need to know he's texting Mariana. People complain about Callie, but Callie has gotten better and Mariana is getting worse.

I think that Mariana was dead wrong in her decision, that's for sure.  With her decision to text Nick, I think it was a little about wanting to help Lena save the school, but also so Lena wouldn't leave for another, as well as being upset that she was planning to leave without telling them....even though that's not at all what happened and Jude completely misread the conversation he overheard. I think Mariana could have helped matters by telling Lena first instead of texting Nick. But no, she seemed more upset about Lena "abandoning" the family, despite not knowing the entire situation. She's a young kid so it's understandable, but oh so annoying at the same time. 

I really don't get why Mariana likes Nick so much, anyway. He's caused her nothing but problems, his dad is the major contributor to the problems, and though Nick didn't know about Jesus' TBI, he still inadvertently caused Jesus further brain damage. I would have liked to think that Mariana would have put some subconscious blame on Nick in order to protect her brother. Although I do think that Nick is not really at fault for what happened because it was clearly an accident on both ends, Nick did try to shift the blame onto Jesus for that fight, and Mariana has no idea how Jesus might feel toward Nick and how he might put the blame on him for what he's been going through for the last few months. Sure, Nick needs help and he may not be the worst guy in the world, but Mariana doesn't need his drama in her life. She already brings the drama wherever she goes. 

It's just a shame that Mariana is willingly opening that door to Nick again. Like it's been mentioned above, Callie's gotten better but Mariana's gotten significantly worse. I've been frustrated at Callie being stuck with her character progression, but at least she's finally changing that. Mariana's still about as self absorbed as she was three seasons ago and there's been zero change on her part as she blames everyone else around her. I remember Callie calling her out early this season on that, and it's sad when Callie's right in doing so. 

Isn't Jesus in Brandon's old room? He definitely has his own room now. Where IS Brandon sleeping? (I'm spending WAY too much time thinking about this...)

Also, yes, having Noah staying over in Jude's room is a double standard. He's Jude's declared boyfriend, isn't he? The others don't have their significant others staying all night. (Not that they don't have sex in their rooms...)

Since nothing surprises me anymore . . . I wouldn't be shocked if Callie/Ximena happens and Callie marries her the instant she turns 18 to give her a green card. It would be a new way for Savior Complex Callie to shock/disappoint the moms and make Jesus trying to get Emma to marry him relevant again. "You are too young! Just like Jesus was too young!" 

Mariana makes me want to crawl through the television and smack her. Seriously? Can she really be so dumb that she never ever ever learns a single lesson in life? And I really don't want another Nick storyline at all. Not even a little bit.

Aaron can go and I'll be happy about it. 

• Love 2
On 1/15/2018 at 1:20 PM, morakot said:

Where IS Brandon sleeping? (I'm spending WAY too much time thinking about this...)

Got a new DVR and didn't get this transferred to the season pass list so totally didn't realize it was back until tonight.   Catching up over the next few days.   

But I thought that when Brandon offered up his room he moved into Jesus's old room with Jude.

I like AJ especially when he called Callie out on being the drama.   But I don't need them back together.  I don't mind them back together if they come at it from a more mature more trusting place but I really, really don't need it.  

I like how the Callie and Aaron break up went down.