Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Awww...

Five of the Avengers got matching tattoos — see exclusive images
CLARK COLLIS   May 07, 2018 
http://ew.com/movies/2018/05/07/avengers-tattoos-robert-downey-jr/

How did five of the original big screen Avengers mark the release of Avengers: Infinity War? By getting matching tattoos of the superhero team’s logo from New York-based inker, Josh Lord, and by jointly giving Lord a rather less steady-handed version of that tat.

“Five of the original six Avengers got a tattoo,” Robert Downey Jr. exclusively tells EW. “And the sixth was the tattoo artist, who gave it to five of us, the one who opted out being Mark Ruffalo. It was (Scarlett) Johansson’s idea, and she and (Chris) Evans did it in New York. Then, their New York guy, Josh Lord, who is amazing, flew out to LA, he did me, did (Jeremy) Renner, and then we just bullied (Chris) Hemsworth into doing it, and he got it. And each one of us drew a line on the artist with his own tattoo gun and it was a total massacre. Each of us contributed to giving the tattoo artist the sixth tattoo that he designed for us. By the way, he’s got another one on him that Scarlett did, which is beautiful, which is crazy, because the line she drew on him, which was just supposed to be a straight line, looked like a lightning bolt. It was a mess.”

img_1820.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

'Smallville' Fans Petition For Live Action Season 11
By RUSS BURLINGAME - May 7, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/08/smallville-fans-petition-for-live-action-season-11/

Fans of the long-running CW series Smallville are petitioning Warner Bros. Television to adapt Bryan Q. Miller's Smallville Season 11 comic books into a season of live-action TV.

Of course, series star Tom Welling has repeatedly expressed no interest in returning to the role of Clark Kent, and one of the other major players in the series was recently arrested for human trafficking and faces more than a decade in prison if convicted, but that does not seem to factor into the thinking here.

"Clark finally became Superman and then it carried on as a comic book into Season 11 and ended with the miniseries," the petition observes. "This is just not right. Smallville should have ended as Live Action."

The Season Eleven comics carried on from six months after the season finale -- and a time-jump in the series' final scene would have taken place in 2018, which plays into the petition as well.

"Also at the end of Smallville Season 10 Finale Part 2, it is set in 2018," the petition reasons. "Which would actually make sense, if it was to be released back on TV in 2018."

That would, of course, only make sense if it were to be released in 2018, which would require the series to be scripted, cast, filmed, and fully produced in time for the fall TV season.
The petition currently sits at a little over 200 signatures, with a goal of 500. It seems unlikely that even 500 signatures would signal enough enthusiasm to encourage Warner Bros. TV and The CW to consider a revival.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

That would be difficult, I would think two have no interest in it (TW and MR), JH is on a hit tv show, and AM was arrested and awaiting trial for human trafficking. KK left before the show was even finished. So maybe they'd get ED to be on the show. 

The E True Hollywood story got more interesting though.  

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5

It's simple: just have them be in the crossover and team up with the Arrowverse. Fans get their update, easy way to leave out Chloe (would they have Oliver divorce her and get with Dinah? Lol) and get JH for a bit.

It's possible Justin H could do a guest spot if it fit in with This is Us and those producers were as ok with it as the Chicago Med ones are with CD, but like former Superman actors showing up on other Superman related projects he'd probably be playing another character with a few in jokes. 

But as for a crossover TW doesn't want to go back (and frankly wouldn't be what fans remember if his Lucifer appearance is anything to go by. MR, I guess never say never but he's never been enthusiastic about returning when asked. Obviously AM is out, ED is obviously already involved in the Arrowverse so maybe. Alaina Huffman (SV BC) is local and doesn't seem to be doing much but she and SV Ollie had even less of a connection than Oliver and E1LL. I don't think KK has any interest in coming back but then if they wanted a S11 update she doesn't need to be involved anyway. I'm really not sure what the point of a "crossover" like that would be, unless Oliver had a dream about being a happier, still rich, quippier Ollie. 

(edited)

*sigh* Those Lucifer #s are not good, even though they went up a tiny bit. This season has been somewhat meh, but I still love the show as a whole and last nights ep was really good. Hopefully fox will give it another season.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Featherhat said:

It's possible Justin H could do a guest spot if it fit in with This is Us and those producers were as ok with it as the Chicago Med ones are with CD, but like former Superman actors showing up on other Superman related projects he'd probably be playing another character with a few in jokes. 

But as for a crossover TW doesn't want to go back (and frankly wouldn't be what fans remember if his Lucifer appearance is anything to go by. MR, I guess never say never but he's never been enthusiastic about returning when asked. Obviously AM is out, ED is obviously already involved in the Arrowverse so maybe. Alaina Huffman (SV BC) is local and doesn't seem to be doing much but she and SV Ollie had even less of a connection than Oliver and E1LL. I don't think KK has any interest in coming back but then if they wanted a S11 update she doesn't need to be involved anyway. I'm really not sure what the point of a "crossover" like that would be, unless Oliver had a dream about being a happier, still rich, quippier Ollie. 

We have a multiverse. It'd be big to have the Arrowverse crossover with the Smallville-verse.

Unrounded preliminary and half-hour numbers:

Supergirl .................................... 0.442 ... (0.454 ... 0.430)
iZombie ..................................... 0.273 ... (0.292 ... 0.254)

Source: RJK @ SpottedRatings.com

I can’t see them making Smallville part of the multiverse unless they go meta and make it a show on another Earth about our characters. They’ve been consistent with the idea that the different Olivers, Barrys, Karas, etc, all look the same so it stands to reason that this is true on all Earths. 

Plus I was never a Smallville fan, and blame Welling for infecting Lucifer with his shitty “acting”, so I want him far away from this verse. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I can’t see them making Smallville part of the multiverse unless they go meta and make it a show on another Earth about our characters. They’ve been consistent with the idea that the different Olivers, Barrys, Karas, etc, all look the same so it stands to reason that this is true on all Earths. 

Plus I was never a Smallville fan, and blame Welling for infecting Lucifer with his shitty “acting”, so I want him far away from this verse. 

It's something I think they could explain away fairly easy. The further the Earth is from one another the more drastic the change. 

(edited)

Arrow can't get its writing together for its own show and characters. They need to fix that before even thinking about delving into another show's universe.

Edited by calliope1975
apostrophes are hard
  • Love 9

Here were the FINALS for last week's CW shows in Live+ Same-Day:

The Flash .................... 0.622
Supergirl ...................... 0.460
Riverdale ..................... 0.415
Supernatural ............... 0.413
Arrow .......................... 0.355
The Originals .............. 0.354
The 100 ....................... 0.334
iZombie ....................... 0.215
Dynasty ....................... 0.130*
Life Sentence .............. 0.119*

* did not air in #1 market New York (6.3% of the country)

Source: RJK @ SpottedRatings.com

(edited)

CW Live+7 ratings for the week of April 23 (week 31).

• The Flash 1.32, 3.507M
  • Supernatural 0.88, 2.494M
  • The Originals 0.80, 1.816M
  • The 100 0.79, 2.337M
  • Supergirl 0.77, 2.468M
  • Riverdale 0.75, 1.973M
  • Arrow 0.60, 1.741M
  • iZombie 0.46, 1.248M
  • Life Sentence 0.21, 0.687M

Source: Programming Insider

Edited by Starfish35

I'm really curious as to why ppl stopped watching the Flash live but it seems like their Live+7 numbers are double most of the show in viewership and almost double in demos. 

I am nervous they will cancel The Resident! I keep seeing people worry about Lucifer and the Resident is not that far ahead in ratings!!!! Noooooo it's the best show right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cleanqueen said:

I'm really curious as to why ppl stopped watching the Flash live but it seems like their Live+7 numbers are double most of the show in viewership and almost double in demos. 

It's still dropped though, even in delayed viewing. The Live+7 numbers for the season premiere were 1.8 and 4.773M viewers.

(edited)

Disney's Bob Iger Won't Rule Out More Avengers After 'Avengers 4'
MAY 08, 2018 2:35pm PT by Aaron Couch
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/avengers-movies-will-continue-beyond-avengers-4-1109931

Little is known about Marvel's plans following 2019's Avengers 4, save for sequels to Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-Man: Homecoming, but Disney CEO Bob Iger teased the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Tuesday during an earnings call.

"We meet on a regular basis with our Marvel team, and we've plotted out Marvel movies that will take us well into the next decade," said Iger. "I'm guessing we will try our hand at what I'll call a new franchise beyond Avengers, but that doesn't necessarily mean you won't see more Avengers down the road. We just haven't made any announcements about that."
Iger said that the goal with Avengers 4, which filmmakers Joe and Anthony Russo shot back-to-back with Infinity War, was to "have a significant conclusion" to the story that began with 2008's Iron Man. But he wouldn't rule out more Avengers movies down the road. 

"Given the popularity of the characters and given the popularity of the franchise, I don't think people should conclude there will never be another Avengers movie," Iger said.

One of the challenges with Infinity War was the scale of its cast, noted Disney CFO Christine McCarthy.

"I think the outstanding performance is nothing short of stellar," she said, adding "there is one difference in this movie … that's the size of the cast. ... Because of the size of the cast involved and the cost of the movie, the scale, the magnitude, while this film is going to be very profitable, it may not be on the same return level as some of the other films, because of the sheer scale of it."
Infinity War has made more than $1.1 billion worldwide. Here's what's officially on the docket for Marvel: Ant-Man and the Wasp (July 6), Captain Marvel (March 8, 2019), Avengers 4 (May 3, 2019), and a Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel (July 5, 2019). It also has carved out nine dates for untitled Marvel movies: May 1, 2020; July 31, 2020; Nov. 6, 2020; May 7, 2021; July 30, 2021; Nov. 5, 2021; Feb. 18, 2022; May 6, 2022; and July 29, 2022. 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

TV shows renewed, cancelled in 2018-2019 season — Complete list
WRITTEN BY SONYA FIELD | EDITED BY BRANDI DELHAGEN | 10:30 AM EDT, MAY 9, 2018
https://www.hypable.com/2018-tv-shows-renewed-cancelled/

The CW shows renewed or cancelled:
Renewed:
The 100
Arrow
Black Lightning
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
Dynasty
The Flash
Jane the Virgin
Riverdale
Supergirl
Supernatural
Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Cancelled:
Life Sentence
The Originals
Valor

TBD:
iZombie
Penn & Teller: Fool Us

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

How can Tom Welling appear as Superman on Arrow when they already have a Superman? What would be the point? Except to appeal to Smallville fans who are probably already watching Arrow/Flash/Legends/Supergirl anyway I don't need to be pulled in. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

How can Tom Welling appear as Superman on Arrow when they already have a Superman? What would be the point? Except to appeal to Smallville fans who are probably already watching Arrow/Flash/Legends/Supergirl anyway I don't need to be pulled in. 

Multiverse. 

• Love 1

From TV Grim Reaper, final predictions for shows relevant to this thread:

• ABC  Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)   likely canceled
  • ABC  Marvel's Inhumans (ABC)       likely canceled
  • CW   iZombie (WB)                            likely renewed
  • Fox   Gotham (WB)                            likely canceled
  • Fox   Lucifer (WB)                              likely renewed

Source:  Final Renewal / Cancellation Predictions

(edited)

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Once Upon a Time, Timeless, Grey's Anatomy, and more
NATALIE ABRAMS May 10, 2018 at 12:15 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/10/spoiler-room-once-upon-a-time-timeless-greys-anatomy/

Can you tell us if we can expect any scenes between Marlize and Iris now that Marlize left DeVoe on The Flash? What kind of dynamic will they have now? — WestAllenBi
Now that the team realizes Marlize is DeVoe’s kryptonite, in many ways, Iris will put it upon herself to track her down, hoping to possibly sway Marlize to their side. Suffice it to say, Barry will be apprehensive about this turn of events. “When Iris wants to find Marlize and send citizens after Marlize, that seems sketchy to Barry,” Grant Gustin says. “Now it feels like we’re having people do our job for us a little bit. But Barry, as he tends to do with Iris, eventually comes around and sees it from her point of view, that Marlize is probably the only good thing left about DeVoe, and maybe that would benefit us, and we’ll be able to use that to get through to him.”
I know we’ve got a while to wait, but any early scoop on the Supergirl finale, especially now that the other Worldkillers are gone? — Shana
Just because two Worldkillers died, that does not mean Kara can take a breather. In fact, she may find that her Worldkiller troubles are far from over. As for the finale, Melissa Benoist says the season-ender will be a big growth moment for the Girl of Steel. “With decisions she makes and how things transpire to wrap it up, she’s really taking ownership of herself,” Benoist says. “She’s maturing, which is what I’ve always wanted for her since season 1. I wanted to see a natural arc of a girl coming into womanhood, because she was almost naïve at the beginning, and just charging ahead not really knowing what she was doing. And now, I think she really does, and she is slowly chiseling out her place, wherever she wants to be.”

Edited by tv echo

Well, this may not exactly be the Smallville crossover people were looking for...... ;)

Corbin Bernsen And Annette O’Toole Join Marvel’s ‘The Punisher’ At Netflix

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel’s The Punisher has added two new cast members to the roster. Marvel Television and Netflix said today that Corbin Bernsen (American Gods, Psych) and Annette O’Toole (Cat People, Smallville) will join the second season of the comic book vigilante action drama.

Details about their roles at the link.

• Love 2

If GG does leave The Flash after the 6th season, I would actually like them to have Wally take over full time. Have Barry disappear into the Speedforce, have Starlabs blow up, maybe get rid of Cisco or Caitlin and bring in some new blood.

• Love 1

Here is that GG interview if anyone can stomach listening to him for an hour. I wish I could link the acct that live tweeted it and posted clips on twitter, but she's private. I didn't listen to it, other than the clips she posted, so I don't know if it contains spoilers but she didn't tweet any.

Just now, ruby24 said:

He sounds like a real piece of work, tbh.

What's wrong with him (besides the dubious stuff I've been told about him liking nasty articles about Candice). Has he done something else? Is he problematic generally? 

Curious minds want to know! 

• Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What's wrong with him (besides the dubious stuff I've been told about him liking nasty articles about Candice). Has he done something else? Is he problematic generally? 

Not like in his views or anything, but remember how I said I'd heard he was reclusive? Well he basically admits that here, says he doesn't have many friends and just likes to hole up and be alone. And some of the other stuff he said..I feel like I can just totally see him being controlling and spoiled on set (and in life), kind of like that cameraman said about him on instagram (before he deleted it).

I guess I mean he sounds like a piece of work to deal/interact with personally. (I remember some of those fits he used to throw on social media seemed to indicate that too). Like he needs to be catered to/placated constantly.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I just don't like him at all.  He's just always doing some sneaky messed up shit, then pretending like it wasn't him & plays the victim. I can't stand SA either, but at least he knows he's an assh*le.

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 7.51.22 PM.png

• Love 2