Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Who knows, maybe they're shortchanging the WA wedding because this wont be the one that sticks. I'm not saying they'll get divorced but this is CW, something will happen... either he changes time, or they're separated for some reason, leading to a reconciliation and a real wedding. I'm hoping O/F will at least have some sort of celebration on Arrow but I am not counting on it. 

Edited by JJ928
16 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Is Wally even in the crossover?

Keiynan is back in Vancouver, so he should be.

24 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Who knows, maybe they're shortchanging the WA wedding because this wont be the one that sticks. I'm not saying they'll get divorced but this is CW, something will happen... either he changes time, or they're separated for some reason leading to a reconciliation and a real wedding. I'm hoping O/F will at least have some sort of celebration on Arrow but I am not counting on it. 

Eh. People have been saying they're doomed because of the network for a while now. They've already had their breakup, separation, and multiple love interests, so they have to stick for a while at least, before the next major thing that challenges them.

Having to share the spotlight sucks, but in general I don't think Barry & Iris are being shortchanged. (I guess we'll see when the marketing comes out.)

Edited by Trini
Pronouns are important people
  • Love 1

Ummm isn't the tease when promoting the WestAllen wedding "can they stay married?" Since The Flash producers have put that hook out there I don't think it's too much of a leap to assume a temporary separation/divorce could be in the cards for WestAllen.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Trini said:

Keiynan is back in Vancouver, so she should be.

Eh. People have been saying they're doomed because of the network for a while now. They've already had their breakup, separation, and multiple love interests, so they have to stick for a while at least, before the next major thing that challenges them.

Having to share the spotlight sucks, but in general I don't think Barry & Iris are being shortchanged. (I guess we'll see when the marketing comes out.)

I think drama is gonna happen regardless, because that's just how TV works. Also, IMO, Arrow & Flash follow a very similar formula (which most Berlanti shows do). They don't need to bring in a third party, but if the EP is already using the 'whether or not they can make it' talking point, I'd expect some bullshit along the way. Doesn't mean they won't be fixed, just means that the same untalented, uninspired, small minded men run these shows. I can see something like them having issues in the back half of 4B, only to fix them and reunite again in their 100th ep. Just saying, this may not be the only hurrah for WA. Both shows should have given their couples either midseason finales or premiers for their weddings, instead of trying to balance 80 characters, nazis, death, and who knows what else in the crossover.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Maybe Iris will be switched with a frog-eating clone!

I'm sorry - I can't resist. :) I'll try to stop now.

Really every wedding should be judged on a scale next to frog eating clones.  

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Maybe Iris will be switched with a frog-eating clone!

I'm sorry - I can't resist. :) I'll try to stop now.

The real wedding that happened eventually in that show was literally titled "Swear to God, this time we're not kidding!"

I've no idea what drama they've got in store for Olicity in 6b but I do think they'll do some 4b or 5a BS with WA ala Arrow 4b, though hopefully not with the secret love child, probably more with Barry messing with time again or something.

• Love 2

Before the latest crossover spoilers got released, someone on another forum mentioned this Flash comic (The Flash Vol 1 165) as a possible hiccup for the Westallen wedding. According to the summary, "Professor Zoom changes places and identities with the Flash on the eve of Barry Allen’s wedding to Iris West." Not exactly a frog eating clone, but something in that vein.

The_Flash_Vol_1_165.jpg

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What is this clone you keep speaking of?

Lois and Clark. When they first got married Lex Luther replaced her with a clone and brainwashed the real Lois into thinking she was someone else so that she would be with him and not Clark.

The was a show in the 90's called Lois and Clark, The New Adventures of Superman (an hour long romantic adventure comedy drama that lasted four seasons).  

Spoiler

In their first attempt to get married Lois is replaced with a clone that eats special frogs for their enzymes or something.

I'd actually highly recommend the series.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

Lois and Clark. When they first got married Lex Luther replaced her with a clone and brainwashed the real Lois into thinking she was someone else so that she would be with him and not Clark.

Yeah so Clark married the clone instead of Lois.  And for some reason I can't remember, she had to literally keep eating these little frogs. 

• Love 2

I'm so... unexcited for this season of everything thanks to spoilers on Tumblr.   My favourite characters are dying , olicity is sharing the wedding buzz,  Thea is comatose.   I was so psyched last week and now I'm like meh. 

Eta:  I think the tiny frogs were like the only thing that actually sustained the clones... because 90s.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Before the latest crossover spoilers got released, someone on another forum mentioned this Flash comic (The Flash Vol 1 165) as a possible hiccup for the Westallen wedding. According to the summary, "Professor Zoom changes places and identities with the Flash on the eve of Barry Allen’s wedding to Iris West." Not exactly a frog eating clone, but something in that vein.

The_Flash_Vol_1_165.jpg

What the hell is Iris wearing in her head in that picture??  She has antennas!

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I think drama is gonna happen regardless, because that's just how TV works. Also, IMO, Arrow & Flash follow a very similar formula (which most Berlanti shows do). They don't need to bring in a third party, but if the EP is already using the 'whether or not they can make it' talking point, I'd expect some bullshit along the way. Doesn't mean they won't be fixed, just means that the same untalented, uninspired, small minded men run these shows. I can see something like them having issues in the back half of 4B, only to fix them and reunite again in their 100th ep. Just saying, this may not be the only hurrah for WA. Both shows should have given their couples either midseason finales or premiers for their weddings, instead of trying to balance 80 characters, nazis, death, and who knows what else in the crossover.

Of course there will be drama; but history shows Barry/Iris can't stay broken up for long. I don't think they'd break them up (in the same season) after spending a 3 seasons and a third of the 4th getting them to the altar. (If they were written more as a 'will-they-won't-they' couple, they wouldn't be able to get through this wedding at all.) My point was that they have to be together for a while before the next separation.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3
Just now, LeighAn said:

Yeah, it's funny now but even watching the reruns in the UK as a kid that arc went on for soooooo long because then she got amnesia, right? They finally got married for real the next season and the showrunners literally promised that in the title of the episode.

1 hour ago, Trini said:

Blegh- Why would you want to tack on a major milestone for your couple on the special day of another couple? I'm just still baffled about why Berlanti let this happen. Even if you wanted to try and parallel the relationships -- it's not the time to do it.  And then since one will be following/emulating the other, it's not an equal comparison.

But I'm still in 'wait and see' mode (although my expectations are lowered) since we don't have the full context of these spoilers.

Yeah I think it's going to be a clusterfuck even if the scenes themselves work out ok because the fandoms are already complaining their favourite couple is short changed (both) out of their big day and I think there's a strong chance no one comes away really happy and it gives the anti Felicity crowd more ammunition about how she takes over everything.

1 minute ago, Delphi said:

I'm so... unexcited for this season of everything thanks to spoilers on Tumblr.   My favourite characters are dying , olicity is sharing the wedding buzz,  Thea is comatose.   I was so psyched last week and now I'm like meh. 

Oh there there! *huggles*

Can't be as bad as 5A! Do you remember pantry moth and Mayo?

I'm cheap and easily pleased though =p

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ahh thanks guys! 

You should watch Lois and Clark. The special effects, action and storylines are cheesy as hell (probably because it was made for kids to watch as well) but the romance is the kind of fluffiness you would like. 

• Love 4
Just now, Featherhat said:

Yeah, it's funny now but even watching the reruns in the UK as a kid that arc went on for soooooo long because then she got amnesia, right? They finally got married for real the next season and the showrunners literally promised that in the title of the episode.

Yeah I think it's going to be a clusterfuck even if the scenes themselves work out ok because the fandoms are already complaining their favourite couple is short changed (both) out of their big day and I think there's a strong chance no one comes away really happy and it gives the anti Felicity crowd more ammunition about how she takes over everything.

See I'm so cool with this. Girl is popular and drives people gaga both ways. She should rule the universe! 

• Love 12
Just now, Delphi said:

I've moved on to the glass Half Full stage I think at this point.  At least the wedding(s) are confirmed and 607 looks great and I think 405 will be super fun and I still have the 604 probably a date to look forward to plus all the other good storylines.  I always am a bit disappointed by the crossovers so I'd rather know ahead of time and adjust my hopes ahead of time.  I am lucky since I actually watch and mostly like all the shows so there will be lots to enjoy now that I have worked through my normal level of crossover frustrations.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I think there's a strong chance no one comes away really happy and it gives the anti Felicity crowd more ammunition about how she takes over everything.

Isn't this like the BEST part? Haha. 

Its only jealousy afterall.

1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

I've moved on to the glass Half Full stage I think at this point.  At least the wedding(s) are confirmed and 607 looks great and I think 405 will be super fun and I still have the 604 probably a date to look forward to plus all the other good storylines.  I always am a bit disappointed by the crossovers so I'd rather know ahead of time and adjust my hopes ahead of time.  I am lucky since I actually watch and mostly like all the shows so there will be lots to enjoy now that I have worked through my normal level of crossover frustrations.

You forgot Oliver asking Felicity to move in or vice versa 

• Love 6

Yeah, even if there wasn't a wedding the anti crowd is going to be unhappy just by her being alive.  I'm not going to worry if something I like is upsetting them.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Isn't this like the BEST part? Haha. 

Its only jealousy afterall.

In terms of fandom it's actually quite funny, but when they scream loud enough bigger entertainment outlets start writing anti Felicity/Olicity stuff which bugs and starts to become a semi accepted thing and then we get 5a where the writers basically try to pretend they've never been anything but work colleagues.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

In terms of fandom it's actually quite funny, but when they scream loud enough bigger entertainment outlets start writing anti Felicity/Olicity stuff which bugs and starts to become a semi accepted thing and then we get 5a where the writers basically try to pretend they've never been anything but work colleagues.

We can make just as much noise in a reasonable non banshee way!!! Hehe we have the numbers after all!!!

All hail the Queen of DC TV!!!! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7gTSwHMvLsjssGr_9lgr

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Trini said:

Who would have thought that six seasons in, Felicity would be a step-mom?

I know! Don't know if you saw the pics we were squeeing over but they had them in a matchy match colour scheme and they looked pretty cute!

All that's missing is an Olicitot *dodges bullets by other forum members*

That's my last Olicitot comment for the week I promise! =p

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

In terms of fandom it's actually quite funny, but when they scream loud enough bigger entertainment outlets start writing anti Felicity/Olicity stuff which bugs and then we get 5a where the writers basically try to pretend they've never been anything but work colleagues.

I think Craig from GATV is a good measure he is not a big Olicity fan even less of a fan of Olicity fans but he liked 4A Olicity and was pretty positive towards them as were a lot of the entertainment sites. It was only the drama and the fake weddings and hidden love children that turned Craig off and Matt (tvline) Chris (screener) were also pretty positive and welcoming of Olicity until 4x08 when they got pissed at the writing for giving Felicity an over dramatic reaction and for Oliver lying to her. 

Any legitimate entertainment sites reacted more to the forced drama then the anti-Olicity Reddit LL Stan crowd. And they've been shown that they can be won back over when the writing is good because at the end of the day nobody in the Arrowverse/Flarrowverse has chemistry as good as Stephen and Emily. Look at Natalie she is the biggest Lauriver fan and she loved 5x20 and the Olicity interactions. I think all the entertainment sites loved 5x20.

So its not like the anti Olicity crowd have influence it's just that the writing on the show during the Olicity drama phase got the entertainment sites to be critical of the writing conveniently at the same time anti Olicity fans were blaming Felicity and friends for everything.  But that didn't last long and that crowd are going to be very lonely voices in the crowd.

Plus the really negative articles about Olicity didn't even come from legitimate sites but from comic book sites and fan contribution sites. The only truly negative Olicity article from a legitimate site was the Forbes article and that was still a fan contribution since the guy who wrote doesn't actually work for Forbes and Forbes has that disclaimer that they don't claim those views. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I know! Don't know if you saw the pics we were squeeing over but they had them in a matchy match colour scheme and they looked pretty cute!

All that's missing is an Olicitot *dodges bullets by other forum members*

That's my last Olicitot comment for the week I promise! =p

Hey, the season is not over yet!  Who knows about a tot.  (And no, it's not nice to stir up Mellow but it is fun!)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Ugh, I just got a load of the call sheet in the spoiler thread that the paps are getting their info from. That sounds TERRIBLE. 

WA is definitely getting the short end of the stick here. This totally cheapens their marriage and wedding, lol. 

You have seen the actual call sheet? I always wondered what they look like. Why do you think it cheapens them, is the WA wedding shorter than the Olicity one? 

4 hours ago, LeighAn said:

You should watch Lois and Clark. The special effects, action and storylines are cheesy as hell (probably because it was made for kids to watch as well) but the romance is the kind of fluffiness you would like. 

I recommend it too.  I loved the show.  And I shipped them hard, before I knew what shipping was. :)

(Yes, that is a much younger Alex's dad and Mon-El's mom)

IMG_0538.JPG

• Love 11