Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I is confuddled! How is that bad?

It would be kinda cute! And I like the GA Suit......

You all liked the kiss in the GA suit!!!!!!

Well for one, kind of hard to frame and display that wedding photo!

And while I can just manage to be ok with Oliver in his green leathers, the idea of Barry getting married in that ridiculous lighting encrusted suit (it's ridiculous for anything but crime fighting) just makes my face heat up.  

• Love 3

I'll get over it if it happens.  As "someone" (?) pointed out to me, it would be a hoot if Felicity (aka not the comic love interest) married Oliver when he's about as decked out as the Green Arrow as possible.   

I do always enjoy when the show proudly goes it's own way from the comics.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 14

Oh, and I've solved the wedding photo problem!  They'll just have to decorate the Bunker with them!  And Star Labs too!  That way Barry and Iris will never forget sharing their special day with their good friends and I'll get to see my babies on the Flash all the time as well.  Win win!

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6

I'm actually giggling over the idea of an Olicity wedding with Oliver in his GA suit. I can actually see them doing it. It's not what I prefer, nothing about this is but, the idea that they just stopped another world ending event, after almost getting blown up (twice) I can kind of see it. At the very least I can totally see Oliver proposing in the GA costume.

Of course there's always the reverse. Maybe Felicity proposes after saving the world while Oliver is still in costume. ??

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, bijoux said:

If anyone can doctor the photos to be safe to display publically, it's Felicity.

Maybe she could photoshop her mom into the picture and then convince her she HAD been at the wedding and can't remember because she just had a bit too much fun at the reception.  ;)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'll get over it if it happens.  As "someone" (?) pointed out to me, it would be a hoot if Felicity (aka not the comic love interest) married Oliver when he's about as decked out as the Green Arrow as possible.   

I do always enjoy when the show proudly goes it's own way from the comics.  

Yeah that would be one reason I would enjoy it, having Because Comics!! Only! fans seething. I kind of doubt anyone is getting the Big White Wedding unless after everything calms down they get dressed back up and Barry/Iris invite Olicity to join them, weird but I can't see Olicity just crashing that wedding where they were sitting as guests. So spur of the moment thing for everyone during/right after their big win against the Nazis?

They'll put them in the traditional garb first to get those pics like they had Olicity dress up formally to fake their wedding for Cupid and then marry them both in their costumes with every other mask in theirs.

1 hour ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

It would also explain Diggle officiating instead of calling back the person they hired..

Yep. Since I don't want a actual joint wedding I'd prefer Dig officiating Olicity's firstly and then being on hand for WestAllen's later but I'm now convinced they'll want the double wedding in costumes. I'm just gonna have to go with the cheese on this. Hey apparently they're even including the "hook up at a wedding" cliché with Alex/Sara so.....

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah but, in the end Olicity will end up getting all the Social Media and Media attention.

Like KenP Said Olicity will totally steal WA's Thunder. ??

The only thing that would make a crossover nazi wedding a tiny bit bearable :P But still not a fan.

Sure WestAllen will get the promotion leading into it because everybody already knows that's happening no surprises there but afterwards all the media will talk about is the 'shock twist' that Olicity got married too and that will likely play a big part in driving the post crossover headlines. Not to mention that Olicity/Arrow trends online far more then WestAllen/Flash. 

Which is why I could see this happening in the last week or so, because I could see the writers patting themselves on the back thinking they are so clever having the WestAllen wedding promotion play as a diversion/ploy tactic to hide the 'twist' of Olicity getting married too.

• Love 2

Well a double wedding solves any debate of who deserves a wedding first. Plus gives the fans a comic couple and a non comic couple. I can see how this felt win win for the EPs.

Alex and Sara hooking up does makes me think maybe Sara might be getting a male love interest. But since Ava has been cast she does seem like who Sara will date. I still wouldn't mind Rip especially now that he's off the waverider. 

Poor Stein and family :(

• Love 3

If we are keeping a tally, put me down as two separate weddings. I think they will finish WAs wedding and then someone will convince Olicity that's it's a great time to get married. I'm thinking Iris. 

I was looking at positives and I realize that Olicity is going to need groundwork laid for the surprise wedding. WA won't in the crossover because it's already the event that gets everyone there. So I'm thinking more Olicity than we realize (life and death conversations, conversations about their own aborted wedding,  maybe Iris and Felicity talk or Oliver and Barry).

• Love 13

UGH. Did they think, "well, this way neither couple gets married on their own show"? That's a terrible idea. 

I really do wonder if they planned out the crossover (at least the big moments) before Arrow was moved to Monday for it - so The Flash would have been second and when the WA wedding should have taken place and then Arrow would have ended the crossover with an Olicity wedding - and then once it was moved, they just went, "whatever, it's a four-hour movie! Of course everyone will watch even though we can't guarantee that! No one will be mad!" 

Maybe they think this way they win with those who like Olicity - they get married! - and those who don't - but it's not on Arrow!

• Love 1

Now I'm expecting that after the weddings, Felicity and Iris basically disappear and Oliver and Barry/Oliver and Sara/Barry and Kara/etc. have their team leader conversations to end the crossover, just like last year. 

NGL, part of me really wanted a nice, quiet wedding for O/F before the craziness (which would explain why Diggle can officiate the WA wedding later) so that we wouldn't have their exes present.

Oh well, time to focus on the positive: Olicity will be married. 

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm confused! So who gets married after someone died?

They both do?

Did I misinterpret it wrong ? I thought she was implying two seperate weddings/ceremonies? Is that wrong? Booo!

10 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

They're putting both their weddings in another show so we have no choice but to watch the whole crossover. Evil but kinda clever. ? ?

My spec, WA wedding on Supergirl, gets busted up by Evil EarthX people. Stein dies at the end of Flash? Then they have the the funeral at start of LoT and maybe the weddings bookend the crossover?

Or maybe Stein dies on Flash and the funeral ends the Flash episode and then LoT opens with the weddings before facing off against evil EarthX?

At least if they just had a funeral it's likely they are kind of dressed up? Im really hoping there is a bit of a time jump not yet accounted for.

I suppose they'll say "so and so would have wanted us to seize the day and live to the fullest, blah, blah, blah".  And then the WestAllen wedding is thrown back together.  Then maybe hit the reception part still and Olicity has their ceremony.  I wonder if they do it really low key kind of secretly off to the side.  

I can see how Stein and his wife and him leaving and regretting missing out on Time could inspire life is short (even when you have all the time in the world) weddings. Also with them knowing that there are worlds where freedom is even bleaker than now. I can see how that could inspire. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, tarotx said:

I can see how Stein and his wife and him leaving and regretting missing out on Time could inspire life is short (even when you have all the time in the world) weddings. Also with them knowing that there are worlds where freedom is even bleaker than now. I can see how that could inspire. 

Yeah, I can definitely see that scenario playing out - "Life is short and I don't want to miss any more time with you."  Let's just hope they don't do the ceremonies right there in the cemetery.  :/  "Beautiful location.....". Eeeeeee. 

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yep both weddings happen after the funeral, one after the other but at least it's a beautiful setting?

Are they getting married in a graveyard?

I can see them having a ceremony on a cliff and then scattering Stein's ashes over the water.  Or a mountain top close to the stars.  Poor Lily and Mrs. Stein who don't get to say good bye.

9 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Mon El is eating Supergirl and I don't mean in the good way. Bleh

Why I stopped watching last season.

9 hours ago, LolaRuns said:

Maybe Oliver sees his evil nazi doppelganger married and that inspires him, he might as well do it, too! 

Wouldn't that be more likely to put him off legally marrying her?

In terms of finally getting Olicity married off, I'm all in favour of a quick, on-the-spot ceremony because they've already had the public proposal, engagement party, big white dress and the ceremony two years ago.  And it means that William won't have to be a part of it.

But it doesn't seem fitting for Barry and Iris.