Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

eek, I was kind of looking forward to Iron Fist because I love seeing amazing martial art fights. But I like having compelling characters first. From that review it looks we get neither. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm a little surprised that it appears that they've dropped the ball so badly with IF.  The other three series have been generally critically well received.  Personally, I only made it through two episodes of Daredevil and an episode and a half of Jessica Jones, but it always seemed like, while they might not be my particular cup of tea, the Netflix Marvel shows were pretty well done.  I'm surprised, in particular, that they apparently have botched the casting so badly.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

I loved Daredevil S1/2 and have more fondness for S2 because of The Punisher (can't wait!). 

I couldn't make it past 4 episodes of Jessica Jones

I haven't watched Luke Cage yet but I've been looking forward to both Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Sad to hear the bad IF reviews. 

• Love 1

I enjoyed Daredevil s1 but couldn't make it all the way through s2.

Adored Jessica Jones and haven't tried Luke Cage yet but never really felt excited about Iron Fist so with the bad reviews, I'll probably never get around to it now. 

I'm intrigued about the Defenders though, turns out I like the idea of a team up when it's not being done at inopportune times and messing up the one show I care about aka DCTv's yearly ep8 extravanganza and the myriad ways its managed to mess with Arrow over the seasons. 

• Love 1

Loved S1 of Daredevil, S2 was good because of the Punisher. I did finish JJ but i found it to be just ok and I haven't yet watched the last 4 episodes of Luke Cage because it's just not that interesting. 

Huh, i expected the Flash 0.9, HH numbers were really low. I am surprised by the drop in LoT, their HH numbers looked up from last week. I'll never figure those out.

In any case, it does seem to show that LoT is dependent upon Flash's ratings . It seems to fluctuate based Flash's lead in.

I'm so glad Iron Fist isn't great. No offense but I just knew people were going to compare to Arrow and I don't need more people saying oh look! Iron Fist is sooo much better

#Petty

What's up with the low ratings? Did anything go on last night that made it take such a big hit?

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I had to laugh Joe being unhappy with Barry not asking permission. Remember when Joe was a dick to Eddie when he wanted to propose to Iris.

Honestly goes to show that even though Iris/Barry knew each other longer, Eddie knew Iris better. 

Eddie was always more honorable and respectful. *sigh*

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Huh, i expected the Flash 0.9, HH numbers were really low. I am surprised by the drop in LoT, their HH numbers looked up from last week. I'll never figure those out.

In any case, it does seem to show that LoT is dependent upon Flash's ratings . It seems to fluctuate based Flash's lead in.

Ouch. :(

Series low for Legends.  Series low in viewers for Flash and matching their series low in the demo.  

Legends has also been doing an on-again-off-again scheduling the last three weeks.  They were off a week, aired a new episode, and were off again for another week.  I wondered whether that might effect their ratings at all.  

But Flash doesn't have that excuse so I don't know.  But ouch.  Barry proposes and the ratings drop. :(

• Love 1

People may just be reaching their saturation point in terms of Flarrowverse, especially with Arrow going down this season.  It's the old "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" thing.  It's a pity about Lot because I like it the best of the shows in terms of sheer enjoyment.

7 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

But Flash doesn't have that excuse so I don't know.  But ouch.  Barry proposes and the ratings drop. :(

LOL

I don't come to The Flash from the comics so to me in terms of Iris Eddie is >>>>>>>>>>Barry.

If I had to say two things that spoil The Flash for me, the first is Barry's special snowflake status in spite of being stupid and needing constant pep talks, and the second is how badly they do in terms of writing female characters who rarely have more than propping the men.

• Love 5
(edited)

I was waiting for unrounded numbers. And i am surprised that Flash went that low. Also LOT

The Flash .........................       0.891 ... (0.899 ... 0.883)
Legends of Tomorrow ...... 0.532 ... (0.573 ... 0.491)

http://www.spottedratings.com/2017/03/spotted-ratings-tuesday-3717.html

These were the unrounded numbers for 3x14 for the Flash

The Flash .............................. 1.060 ... (1.083 ... 1.036)
Riverdale-r ............................ 0.342

http://www.spottedratings.com/2017/03/spotted-ratings-tuesday-22817.html

Edited by Velocity23
35 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Moving to Quiver....I believe this is supposed to be for Superheroes/Comics shows/movies only. I think Searchers and The Lost Boys probably belong in Quiver.

Yes, thank you. I was just dropping in to note that this is not a catch-all topic, it's for the superhero genre. Searchers, Lost Boys and even Riverdale do not qualify for discussion. 

• Love 1

A little late to the convo but I'm snickering over Iron Fist's bad reviews. I wasn't gonna watch anyway. Still on the fence over The Defenders. Liked Daredevil S1 well enough, enjoyed S2A with the Punisher very much but fast-forwarded through much of S2B with Elektra. Watched Jessica Jones and appreciated what they did with the character but it was tough to watch. Liked Luke Cage well enough, but then that's mostly because Alfre Woodard can read the phone book and I'd watch. 

• Love 1

Damn! I knew casting this guy was the wrong move. I mean I could have told them based on what I saw of him on GoT, he lacked charisma and presence to hold people's attention. I know I never cared for his character. 

Anyways, I loved Daredevil season 1, couldn't get into season 2. So, I never finished season 2 of DD. I loved Luke Cage. I liked Jessica Jones but was really bored throughout most of it. I am probably gonna try to watch Iron Fist cause I want to watch The Defenders but what a bad casting. 

(edited)

The only Marvel show I've loved is AoS. Love it and love the cast.

As much as I whine about Flarrowverse I find it much more watchable and there is always someone in the cast who can sell me the show no matter how poor the writing is. 

I couldn't make it through one episode of Jessica Jones, Daredevil etc. Was so dour and boring and unappealing cast.

Edited by Mellowyellow
8 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

Alan Sepinwall watched the first 6 episodes of Iron Fist, and... HAHAHAHALOL:

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/iron-fist-review-netflix-marvel/

That sucks to hear about Iron Fist, but even if it was well-received, I probably wouldn't have watched it because the character simply doesn't interest me. Shows like Daredevil, Jessica Jones and SHIELD aren't perfect by any means, but I generally find the Marvel fare a lot more enjoyable than the DC/CW-verse because their female characters tend to receive better writing/development. 

• Love 1

I loved Jessica Jones, and really liked Luke Cage because Cottonmouth and Mariah were awesome, and I loved both Misty and Claire.  Luke couldn't have carried the story on his own--he was a little blah.  Also, as an ex New Yorker, I love how these two shows have such a great street level feel.  I fast forwarded through the first season of Daredevil to watch the Wilson Fisk episodes and dropped season 2 in episode 3.  Iron Fist looks bland and is on the skip list for me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

The only Marvel show I've loved is AoS. Love it and love the cast.

Agent Carter is the only one I liked. Wish Netflix had it.

• Love 5
(edited)

I loved Agent Carter. :(  I do wish Netflix had it.

AoS - I lost interest in it last year, when Bobbi and Lance were written out.  I finished out the season but I haven't watched this season at all.  I'll probably watch it once it hits Netflix, but I can't guarantee that.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Agent Carter is the only one I liked. Wish Netflix had it.

Amazon has it if you just want the convenience/instant gratification of streaming video, but you do have to purchase it. I caught up with S1 on Amazon before S2 started airing. 

21 minutes ago, MariaHill said:

Amazon has it if you just want the convenience/instant gratification of streaming video, but you do have to purchase it. I caught up with S1 on Amazon before S2 started airing. 

I have Amazon prime but sadly, that doesn't cover Agent Carter. I'll be patient, it'll show up somewhere. 

7 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

I have Amazon prime but sadly, that doesn't cover Agent Carter. I'll be patient, it'll show up somewhere. 

It might show up on Cable in April when they have the Watch-a-Thon. Lots of networks put on old series. Definitely worth the binge :)

8 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I loved Agent Carter. :(  I do wish Netflix had it.

AoS - I lost interest in it last year, when Bobbi and Lance were written out.  I finished out the season but I haven't watched this season at all.  I'll probably watch it once it hits Netflix, but I can't guarantee that.

Yeah, losing Bobbi was a blow.  I watched a couple episodes at the start of this season and "plan" on catching up but I'm not missing it at all.

15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

People may just be reaching their saturation point in terms of Flarrowverse, especially with Arrow going down this season.  It's the old "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" thing.  It's a pity about Lot because I like it the best of the shows in terms of sheer enjoyment.

LOL

I don't come to The Flash from the comics so to me in terms of Iris Eddie is >>>>>>>>>>Barry.

If I had to say two things that spoil The Flash for me, the first is Barry's special snowflake status in spite of being stupid and needing constant pep talks, and the second is how badly they do in terms of writing female characters who rarely have more than propping the men.

For The Flash, there's something about this storyline that puts me off.  I pretty much always record both The Flash and LoT to wathch later in the evening, but last night I started The Flash but before they could even get through the "previously on The Flash" I just got this yuck feeling and couldn't bear another round of Savitar and WILL IRIS DIE!  Popped on LoT instead.  I did just watch The Flash and it was just so dreary.  And frankly Iris, if my life being saved might hinge on whether or not I wore an engagement ring, I would get over if fear prompted Barry to propose more than  mushy swells of love and just wear the damn ring.  You could have always just dumped him later.  

And also, how is it that Joe didn't know that Barry was going to propose when in Barry's proposal part of it revolved around Barry having just gotten it from Joe to give to Iris?

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, I heard that in the LoT thread earlier.  It just feels like they are asking for trouble moving the finale to an hour earlier just for that night.

Edited by BkWurm1

Good thing the shows already been renewed or I'd be concerned. 

Meanwhile at CW headquarters: "Why do our ratings keep fluctuating...I guess we'll never know."

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Good thing the shows already been renewed or I'd be concerned. 

Meanwhile at CW headquarters: "Why do our ratings keep fluctuating...I guess we'll never know."

Ignorance is bliss, right?

Perhaps its a self-sabotaging thing the network does. They know they'll never pull in the big numbers of the big networks. So they move the shows all around, so that if the numbers tank it was a scheduling issue. They could change the behavior, but then they might have to accept that their ratings are what they are.

Or its a fun little game they play with fans, like those boardwalk magicians that perform the Shell Game. Find the ratings or find the show. It certainly keeps everyone on their toes trying to keep up with the shows. Promotes a stronger fandom, if we have to find the show. Why make it easy?

• Love 1

Friendly reminder: this is a spoiler-friendly topic. Note this little iconCapture.JPG.d14b20784ff7b5bcb48a24777b002849.JPG at the top and bottom of all pages, plus next to the topic title on the main Arrow forum pages. No tags necessary.

Maybe Barry runs back in time again. If he does, hopefully it brings back Sara Diggle. I don't even care if it doesn't make sense for Sara to come back (since he'd run back in time to a point after the baby has been born). I just want baby Sara back. 

• Love 9

Couldn't it be something where Barry runs to a future point where he sees Iris's funeral (or maybe Cisco vibes it or some other such thing), so he knows he still hasn't managed to change anything? Or he's changed where or how it happens?

42 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Couldn't it be something where Barry runs to a future point where he sees Iris's funeral (or maybe Cisco vibes it or some other such thing), so he knows he still hasn't managed to change anything? Or he's changed where or how it happens?

Absolutely, no doubt they'll continue to tease "will Iris die" for the rest of the season.

(edited)

Jumping in with my theory :) 

A while back the writer for episode 19 (directed by Tom Cavenagh) said her episode is about the importance of Iris West...with a twist. Iris fans were getting really excited that Iris would have a big role and she emphasized again that there was a twist. We don't know what that twist is of course, but a lot of us speculated that we might get a glimpse of a world without Iris. Tom is the one that directed the scene from the grave today (according to yvrshoots) so it's probably episode 19. They did have a table read for ep 20 on Tuesday, but I'm not sure if a director has ever filmed 2 consecutive episodes. But even if they already started 20, Matt from TVLine just tweeted that they're filming a super intense two-hander so it could still be part of that storyline. That's my theory :)

Edited to clarify just in case: I think this episode might be a it's a wonderful life type thing where we get to see a world without Iris, or with no more Iris. But it goes back to normal the next episode. So that spoiler about Joe and Barry visiting a grave together could fit into that. 

Another edit: I just checked IMDB and they have another director listed for ep 20

I love The Flash, but I couldn't watch it anymore if Iris dies. And that would probably mean dropping the three other shows as well, because It'd hurt to much to watch stories set in the same universe :( 

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

I love The Flash, but I couldn't watch it anymore if Iris dies. And that would probably mean dropping the three other shows as well, because It'd hurt to much to watch stories set in the same universe :( 

I honestly don't think they'd kill her. Or it they did it would just be for a few eps for drama.

As a non comics person who watches the show with a pretty neutral attitude, she's one of the leads. They can't kill her off forever it wouldn't make sense! Unless the actress wanted out. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 4
Just now, way2interested said:

Something focusing on two characters.

Oh, It thought he meant a storyline stretching over 2 episodes. In that case scratch my last comment! But since Tom is still directing I'm guessing they're finishing up 19.