Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

(edited)

BvS wasn't the worst film I've ever seen but it was a bit boring and far too long and, IMO, poorly written. It's like they didn't understand story structure at all. And I still maintain that I felt like I'd missed a movie or two between Man of Steel and BvS. It's like they skipped a ton of storytelling. Strange.

I don't have much hope for the other movies, tbh, but that's not a reflection on the DC movies being dark or whatever. It's just that I think they skate by on the fact that people will probably go see them regardless of them being good because it's Superman and Batman and Justice League.

Edited by Guest

Snyder can't do "fun." As long as he's directing this movie it's not going to turn out well. I don't have hope for any of these films until he's gone. That includes WW and SS because they were already made under his producing influence.

• Love 1

Wonder Woman is ALL ABOUT matching the color of her costume to the congealed blood of her many victims.

What, Wonder Woman basically being Jeffrey Dahmer is a problem now?

(Snyder is a truly stupid man.)

• Love 2

Well Super family actors tend to return to the family in way form or another. usually playing a parent or some other stunt casting, i'd say by now it's almost a form of tradition.

I reckon Welling will be cast eventually as some role, if not in this round of super shows than the next one.

7 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Arrow and Flash never mention things like the president. This makes me wonder if they're keeping Supergirl on a separate earth after all.

They mentioned the president in S4 but did not assign a gender.  I have some vague possible memory of Amanda mentioningthe president back in S2 but, I can't be sure

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Password said:

I wonder what Arrow would've been like if they kept The Flash separate. 

I think the Flarrowverse thing has a lot of appeal. But overall, I think Arrow would have suffered way more than The Flash, ratings/production-wise (take note I'm far from The Flash fan). Arrow got a huge boost from crossovers last year, the ratings would probably be around 0.6-0.7 now if not for that.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't know if this article was posted already, but it was new to me (though SA says the same stuff he's said before in recent interviews)...

Stephen Amell Addresses Whether Flash Finale Affects Arrow Season 5
Lucas Siegel- 05/25/2016
http://comicbook.com/2016/05/25/stephen-amell-addresses-whether-flash-finale-affects-arrow-seaso/

But while The Flash will certainly have to deal with those issues, it doesn't sound like it'll spread out to the other DC Comics-based shows on The CW, or at least not Arrow.

"I don't know," Arrow star Stephen Amell frankly told Comicbook.com in an interview. He reiterated what he told us at the CW Upfronts, that he's ready for Arrow to go back to a more grounded world. "I do know that we’ve done a lot of work on Arrow to introduce the other shows, for lack of a better term, and now that that’s all done, we’re focused on doing the things that we do well for Season 5."

When asked if that meant bringing it "back to basics," Amell said, "Yes, that's exactly right. Arrow is at its best when we’re dealing with problems in Star City. We’re not a time-travel show, we’re not a multi-Earth show, though obviously [we do that] with crossovers and stuff like that. We’re Arrow, we deal with Star City, and I feel like we’ll be better off focusing on that."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I really dont think Flashpoint will go beyond the premiere or 2nd episode. Especially with how quiet things have been with new characters.

It makes me wonder if they blew the budget on one really impressive actor/actress and are waiting to announce it?

Edited by wonderwall

It just seems weird because shows like Supergirl who starts filming almost 20 days after the Flash is already gathering some impressive casting. We didnt even hear anything about that new guy that is supposed to come in (a bit older then Barry, that questions the Flash).

• Love 1

I had this really odd thought the other day. Wouldn't it be funny if that whole Flashpoint Paradox thing turned out to be wrapped up in one Epsiode? Especially all the fans/media seem to think it's going to be this huge season long, or at least 8 episode+crossover long event? ?

• Love 11
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

It just seems weird because shows like Supergirl who starts filming almost 20 days after the Flash is already gathering some impressive casting. We didnt even hear anything about that new guy that is supposed to come in (a bit older then Barry, that questions the Flash).

Here's my bummer theory for the day. SG saw some budget money & gravitas hole open up when they realized they won't be able to keep Calista Flockhart for all the episodes. Excited they nailed another good Easter Egg actor, but really still not sure the move to the CW will be good for the show.

Edited by kismet

Yeah, what's with the complete lack of casting news for The Flash, compared to the other shows? I find that weird, even with the FP story taking up the first (couple) episodes.

• Love 1

The Flash does need anybody they have Barry to save the Day! If that fails maybe they can just go to the local high school and find a track athlete that can RUN (bonus points if his name is Larry).

Their villain will probably just be one of their friends again, no need to waste the budget on casting.

• Love 1

Has there been any further news about Calista for season two of Supergirl?   I'm starting to think that their not mentioning anything about her absence  so that viewers don't automatically assume that season two isn't going to interest them.

(edited)

Here's the last news report I read about Calista Flockhart on Supergirl...

The CW Boss On the Future Of ‘The Vampire Diaries’, Plans For ‘Supergirl’
by Nellie Andreeva •  May 19, 2016 6:39am
http://deadline.com/2016/05/the-vampire-diaries-final-season-supergirl-season-2-crossover-1201759504/

Pedowiz said the CW’s discussions for Supergirl started a week and a half ago. In addition to the move to the CW, the series also is relocating production to Vancouver. Pedowitz was asked whether co-star Calista Flockhart will remain on the show as a regular with the location change. “We are very happy to have her,” he said. “There are ongoing discussions. We are thrilled that she wants to continue on the show, and we are thrilled to have her in whatever capacity.”

I had heard that there was an idea for Flockhart to fly to Vancouver periodically, filming scenes for multiple episodes at a time.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Wait. What? Since when were they recasting Vixen?!

The new Vixen is the Grandmother of the one who guest on Arrow. So not exactly a recasting. The original actress couldn't commit to LOT so they decided to bring in an ancestor.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

Is she good? 

So, I...*whispers* watched The Originals *unwhispers* and I've seen her act. For CW standards, she's actually good. To other standards, she can be iffy, but her character on The Originals was a reincarnation of the sister, Rebekah, and she did a really good job embodying Claire Holt, the actress who plays Rebekah. I think she has a lot of potential. She can show range if she's given good material. 

• Love 9

I have a feeling if ME's availability opens up, she will be welcome on LoT whenever they can fit her in plotwise. I think the recasting was purely an availability issue. Doesn't ME do a lot of stage work?

(edited)

I shouldn't say this until I actually see her, but....I think we might actually have gotten the better actress with Maisie.  I haven't watched Originals since early season two, but I've heard nothing but good about her, and that's unusual for an actress replacing someone as popular as Claire Holt was.  (Of course I haven't exactly been hanging out in Originals fandom either, so perhaps my impression is incorrect.)

Megalyn, on the other hand, didn't impress me.  She wasn't terrible, but I wasn't really impressed with her acting either.  So we'll see.  But this may actually be better.  Of course, that also depends on the writing, but sometimes it seems like they do better with original characters and not so well with the comics "names".

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 6
(edited)

I have no idea whether I liked Megalyn as Vixen because it was the worst episode of all time of everything ever, so I wasn't paying attention to her so much as I was wishing I had acid with which to bleach my brain.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 15

Out of the 2 Actors I prefer Maisie, because she was a very good Rebecca in The Originals. I've seen ME's early stuff like The 4400 and she was...adequate. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Genki said:

I've seen ME's early stuff like The 4400 and she was...adequate. 

Adequate.  That's exactly it.  Neither good nor bad, just...adequate.  

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what Maisie does with the role, even though I wasn't thrilled about having Vixen on the show.  

• Love 1

I also heard good stuff about her, but we'll see. I'm more interested in her being Vixen's actual grandmother. If she didn't bear her child yet, it would repeat that uncomfortable "destiny" thing I got so sick of with Kendra.

On 6/21/2016 at 5:53 PM, Starfish35 said:

That is too awesome for words.

Regarding Suicide Squad - the trailer looks amazing and what I've seen of WW does as well. My big concern is if he blows Justice League. I don't care much about the individual movies so he needs to impress me with the team up one to get me to go to the others.

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

This is an interesting read...

The New Nazi Captain America Is the Hero That Bigoted Comic Book Fans Deserve
By MaNishtana  June 15, 2016 • 12:00 AM
http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-arts-and-culture/204647/nazi-captain-america

Well I'm not overly happy because my son loves Captain America but I will just buy older comics for that. On the upside, he also loves Falcon so I just won't let him know about the Hail Hydra Steve Rogers and all should be fine lol. I'm sure they'll say it's a fake out at some point - but yuck. Of course, it's also yucky that people rejected Sam as Captain America but whatever. Another reminder that racism isn't dead - just hidden.

• Love 2