Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Does ANYBODY care about Rosewood? I mean, I tend to at least have a general idea of most popular shows, but everything I know is that it's some generic low-rated procedural on FOX that somehow got renewed. Does it have a fanbase?

• Love 1

Not sure if Rosewood has a fanbase or not, but FOX is really invested in it. They probably paid for the write up and the full page spread.

I remember it looking like an interesting show, the main guy was talented on Nurse Jackie, but it's on at the same time as Arrow & then never inspired me enough to watch it later.

Fox also seems to be low on the creativity for next season - esp the dramas, considering their new shows are basically all old shows. Maybe they just wanted to get back on some of their investment. Some shows grow in their s2. I wonder if they see an opening after the upfronts to pick up some new audience.

(edited)

I have to say that Gotham while it's finale was only so so (it did more to set up next season than anything else), it had an over all great season and I can't believe how good that kid has done playing Bruce Wayne. 

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 7:59 PM, ruby24 said:

The whole thing behind getting rid of Henry seemed obvious to me. The show has clearly wanted Joe to be Barry's more important father figure from the start, and yet they also thought it was too cruel to leave Henry in prison forever for something he didn't do.

All they had to do was come up with a more logical reason for him not to be around after he got out. I can come up with something right here. How about he was terminally ill and he didn't want Barry to worry about it, and then when he shows back up again he willingly sacrifices himself because his life was ending anyway. There you go. Then it doesn't even have to be as unnecessarily grim as having him get murdered by Zoom right in front of him was.

This is exactly what a lot of people thought was going on due to how it was filmed and acted.  I still feel like they had one idea but ran out of time. 

Oh re Flash killing metas, I swear they were flat out killing them in the first couple episodes this year, not oops they accidentally died, but here's the plan and they will die. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4
(edited)

If the network is the one who pays for full-page spreads in TV Guide, then what does it say that The CW paid for a full-page spread on The Flash's season finale - which is already its highest-rated show - but did nothing to promote Arrow's season finale (or any of its other shows)?

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I simply see no reason why the full-page spread in TV Guide couldn't have featured the season finales for both Flash and Arrow - both occurring this same week.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Flash seems to have an actual marketing budget. Arrow clearly doesn't. Now, the WHY wouldn't they use the Flash's budget to also advertise Arrow in this instance is something we'll never know for sure. Network mandate for older shows? Chico hates Arrow? TV Guide editorial decided Flash-only? But there are bts reasons. We just don't know them.

• Love 6
(edited)

The last quoted sentence below might explain why The Flash has higher ad rates but earns The CW less ad revenue than Arrow (re previously posted articles and discussion) - advertisers are willing to pay higher rates to air their ads during a show that features fewer ads (and their willingness is due to the show's higher ratings); then the CW can use the other commercial breaks to run promos of their lower-rated shows...

After Snagging Supergirl, The CW Will Devote 40% of Its Fall Schedule to Superhero Shows DC Comics series kick off Monday through Thursday
By Jason Lynch  May 19, 2016, 9:44 AM EDT
http://www.adweek.com/news/television/after-snagging-supergirl-cw-will-devote-40-its-fall-schedule-superhero-shows-171570

While Pedowitz expects Supergirl's ratings will be "a little less" than they were on CBS, he added, "We believe it may be one of our top three performers in terms of ratings next year." Supergirl's arrival also means the annual December crossover between Arrow and The Flash will be "the biggest one ever" this year, involving all four shows.
While other networks like TNT, truTV and National Geographic Channel have announced plans to reduce ad loads in the fall, The CW won't follow their lead yet. "We've discussed it. If the right opportunity happens, we would think about doing it," said Pedowitz, explaining that only certain shows can support reduced ad loads.

"Not every show can take a smaller commercial load. Advertisers will push back. If you have the right show to do it with, it will work. If you do not have the right show, you will pay the price for it," said Pedowitz, noting that Fox's reduced ad load experiment with Fringe lasted just one year. "It becomes a question of economics at some point" if advertisers refuse to pay a higher rate to appear in a less-cluttered environment.

Edited by tv echo

Oh Jesus, as if opening up a singuarlity after not saving his mom is enough, Barry wants to race Zoom to win (which he hasn't yet) to save the people he loves even though if he loses, like, every single earth is destroyed? 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, nksarmi said:

s this time remnant thing on Flash a real comic book thing? Because I cannot figure out how you are still alive after you die in the past. I just can't.

Somewhere, The Doctor is flipping the fuck out.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Oh Jesus, as if opening up a singuarlity after not saving his mom is enough, Barry wants to race Zoom to win (which he hasn't yet) to save the people he loves even though if he loses, like, every single earth is destroyed? 

I know, right? I'm all like "Wait a minute, how does you winning stop Zoom from getting your energy? Ok, I'll go with if you win, you stop him, but holy cow - that's a big risk if you lose! I thought you liked Kara!?!?!!?!"

But what Team Flash just did to Barry might be my favorite moment of the entire season.

• Love 3
Just now, nksarmi said:

I know, right? I'm all like "Wait a minute, how does you winning stop Zoom from getting your energy? Ok, I'll go with if you win, you stop him, but holy cow - that's a big risk if you lose! I thought you liked Kara!?!?!!?!"

Yeah, wouldn't Zoom be able to harness Barry's speed or whatever just by him racing? Seems like it wouldn't matter if he won or lost.

• Love 1

Reading this thread when you don't watch The Flash is pretty entertaining. 

Don't mind me guys. Continue. ;P

BA should really just call OQ for some little tough inspirational speech, since the Flash writers are bringing down BA emotional health to pretty low levels. Two parents killed in front of him, threatening loved ones. If I see that staircase, I might think they ran all the way to SC.

Also does anyone feel like this is like the big epic finale race in Grease only with running instead of cars? I half expect Iris or Caitlin to stand out there in all leather waving the start flag.

• Love 6

Wait, so Barry didn't really do anything, it's really the time reaper things??

8 minutes ago, kismet said:

BA should really just call OQ for some little tough inspirational speech, since the Flash writers are bringing down BA emotional health to pretty low levels. Two parents killed in front of him, threatening loved ones. If I see that staircase, I might think they ran all the way to SC.

Also does anyone feel like this is like the big epic finale race in Grease only with running instead of cars? I half expect Iris or Caitlin to stand out there in all leather waving the start flag.

Well now I feel ripped off that Grant didn't sing "Greased Lightning".  :(

• Love 4

Man the Flash is so predictable and really has trouble letting go of its actors.

Also look Barry is crying again. They really need to find a way to get power out of those tears. It could save the world.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Seriously. This is so dumb. LOL I'm sorry, like, the Flash is mildly entertaining. Is it wrong that I want Usain Bolt in the middle of this?

There is always next year... I think Usain is training for the Olympics this summer. At least it would be another PoC, which would be good.

• Love 2
Just now, apinknightmare said:

So...did they just undo the entire series? 

that's what I'm trying to figure out. Barry vanishing had to be the Flash that went back end of S1? 

Barry saving mom and killing  (?) Thawn should reset everything, or cause some sort of AU. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

So...did they just undo the entire series? 

HAHAHAHAHA. This is hilarious. They can just keep doing this over and over when particular SL flop.

• Love 5

Seriously the Flash knocked off a lot of Arrow. Cmon guys get your own depression inducing hero's journey. You have the money for it.

At least OQ goes and cries on Lian YU, he doesn't mess with the time space/speedforce thingy. At least they cast BA's mother well, wince it looks like we might get more storytime, I recommend "Run Spot Run" it might be very insightful.

If the Arrow has to pay for this, I will be pissed. At least they opened up a way to get SG into the universe.

• Love 7
Just now, kismet said:

If the Arrow has to pay for this, I will be pissed. At least they opened up a way to get SG into the universe.

I swear to Gods if this is some way to bring Laurel back to Arrow, I think SA will finally give up. I mean how can they reset Barry's life without the ripple effect to ALL the other shows??

• Love 6
(edited)
16 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

If they did undo the entire series... 

... Watch it be praised for how 'brave' it is lol

I've already seen a tweet saying how "gutsy" the storytelling on Flash has been and how this development is going to be so awesome because it's exactly what happened in the comics.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

If they did undo the entire series... 

... Watch it be praised for how 'brave' it is lol

How is it brave though? If they did just undo the whole series and it isn't rectified in the first episode of next season, they just made a whole season pointless. I don't get it.

Just now, apinknightmare said:

Theoretically it should.

Hide contents

Doesn't seem like it will, though. At least not based on spoilers. 

As they're concerned with crossovers and keeping the shows in sync, it makes sense it would affect Arrow. I don't know how they're gonna do that though. Color me confused! 

I think if anything I think it will just lead to a crisis on infinite earths type situation that easily brings Wells and Jesse back into the fold while allowing Kara to leave what is probably now Earth 4.

• Love 1

The only thing I can think of that will make this work is that somehow before it's done Zoom shows up and murders her. I mean, I don't get it. I already have to accept this incredibly stupid time remnant thing where somehow dying in the past doesn't f-ing kill you in the present. I'm also still steaming about the idea that Eddie f-ing died and it didn't reset season one (because it should have - if he dies, Thawn should not have been born!).

But now somehow Barry is going to save his mom and NOT reset the whole Flarrowverse? How is that possible? Again, WTF!

• Love 3
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

I'm just interested to see if they have the balls to actually follow this through "long term" and not revert completely back to the way things were. I doubt this will do anything to Arrow though.

How can it not though? It's resetting everything.  If Barry's life is a do over, then shouldn't EVERY life he touched be a do-over too?

• Love 1

Ok so maybe the first part of season three of Flash will be out of alignment with Arrow and LoT? I mean, that's all I got. Everything should be really freaking different but it has to be an AU. Then maybe somehow Barry has to travel back in time and let his mom be killed again. I mean that would bring all the show back into alignment but it means Flash fans have to watch the same f-ing plot, again. Because I quit I tell you. People make fun of LoT's time travel but Flash is f-ing nuts!

Also, Barry is the most selfish hero ever.

Oh yea and they managed to make his "I love you but I can't be with you" even lamer than Oliver's was to Felicity. Poor Iris - she deserves so much better. I hope Eddie comes back for her somehow.

• Love 7