Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

So anyone else thinking that probably

Jay is Zoom? [/spoiler]

I am the more this episode is moving..

The only question is: who is the man in the mask, it looked like he had blonde hair.. like, Jay.  

So i wonder has zoom been playing a double act? Jay by day Zoom by night?

I completely forgot it was on but, please oh please tell me that E2!Barry delivered the weekly "Run Barry Run" Line!

I need this to happen.

Sadly, I don't think there was a "Run other Barry, run" line (I can't remember), but there was an, "If you believe you can do it, you can do it!" 

• Love 1

Sadly, I don't think there was a "Run other Barry, run" line (I can't remember), but there was an, "If you believe you can do it, you can do it!"

He was encouraging Barry to believe that he could go fast enough to phase. I count it.

• Love 2

No, that makes sense. I agree with you. Only in my living room was I yelling at my tv for Barry telling himself to believe that he could go faster so in the moment I was like "not this again".

• Love 1

No, that makes sense. I agree with you. Only in my living room was I yelling at my tv for Barry telling himself to believe that he could go faster so in the moment I was like "not this again".

HA, I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Much like Oliver needing constant pep talks, so shall Barry. "Run, Barry. Run" is The Flash's "find another way." 

• Love 3

Also depressing is that along with Barry's incessant need for approval, Caitlin is once again defined (in Cisco's words) by her love for a man, even in an alternate reality when she's playing a villain. That is the extent of her characterization. That and... she's a doctor? Bad at karoake? 

I used to like DP! This is frustrating. The terrible writing and the awkward acting is like KC repeat for me -- especially because I also liked KC in other roles. 

• Love 5

I haven't seen either of the Earth-2 episodes yet, but personally I enjoyed Caitlin a lot more last year than I have this year. This season has been terrible for Caitlin. To me, it felt like they started losing track of her as a character toward the end of last year, and this year when she's not around Jay, she's basically been a glorified extra. I don't know what's going on there. It occurred to me today that I wouldn't be shocked if they wrote her out this year, but that would leave them with only one female regular in the cast, unless they bring someone new in.

• Love 1

I consider "run faster, Barry" to be tantamount to  "Run, Barry, run" since basically they're telling Barry the same thing, that if he runs and runs faster, he can do anything.   Oliver needs to be told there has to be another way about three times a season, but Barry has to be told to run Every. Single. Episode.  Is there a drinking game to go along with it?

Along with Earth2 Barry, I'd like Earth2 Iris to accompany him.  Earth2 Iris was so kickass and had so much better storyline than Earth1 Iris, it just proves again what a mistake it was to make her a journalist instead of a cop or someone who could work with Team Flash.

Why would they bother to write Caitlin out?   They don't need to write her in. She's just a handy body in science scenes and now that Jay is gone, they don't even have to write anything for her specifically.  If they brought in another character, they would actually have to write a story for her or him.

• Love 3

If they brought in another character, they would actually have to write a story for her or him.

Unless they brought in another male father figure for Barry... no story needed! All he has to do is cheer on Barry and tell him to run faster when it REALLY matters. 

• Love 2

So far, Jesse hasn't impressed me. Yes, I realize that was partly because she's spent most of her screentime imprisoned, but her "you can't do anything Barry" followed by "I can't leave my friends!" uh, Jesse, the guy that just tried to kill you is still alive and coming after you was not a good start to her life of freedom. At least Iris, Caitlin, Patty, Linda and yes, even Laurel have all had moments where I could go YAY!  So far, I'm not confident that Jesse will be giving me those moments.

But, but, have you forgotten that she's smarter than her father, who is the smartest person on two Earths?

I'm worried that she'll replace Caitlin as the Female Person at Star Labs and then poor Caitlin will have even less to do.

• Love 1

Caitlin is not my favorite, But why are they bringing more females on whn they barely write ananything (never mind anything good) for the current females they have now??

It makes no sense. I wish they would let some of the e2 characterizations influence the e1 ones. E2 felt more lively at times.

• Love 1

I especially prefer E2 Iris. Journalism was clearly a bad choice for E1 Iris' career. This week it just felt like a Supergirl rehash. 

I'm impressed that s2 of The Flash actually managed to create a somewhat compelling mystery with Zoom's and the Iron Mask's identity. There are probably 2 sets of Jay twins on 2 Earths or clones, but still, intriguing, compared to s1.

• Love 1

Caitlin is not my favorite, But why are they bringing more females on whn they barely write ananything (never mind anything good) for the current females they have now??

Because they have 256 men and just two women. 

• Love 2

Because they have 256 men and just two women.

Totally agree they need to balance the genders better. But lets actually write quality stories for the two main female characters they do have.

I liked Patty because I thought she could blend into police portion of the show& show a different side of BA. But a lot of scenes that used to go to Iris or Caitlin got moved to her leaving them with nothing.

By mid s2 in Arrow, all 4 female characters had rcvd at least their own storyline & not just about who they like or related to their LI. I'm all for female stories & characters but the Flash needs to start with the 2 they ignore before just adding more females to fix the problem.

Edited by kismet

I am the more this episode is moving..

The only question is: who is the man in the mask, it looked like he had blonde hair.. like, Jay.  

So i wonder has zoom been playing a double act? Jay by day Zoom by night?

Which is very confusing  since they made a point of the portal not being open so Jay couldn't be in two places at once... unless earth 3 & 4 comes  into play.   I still swear Grodd was sent to a Planet of the Apes Earth.  We did see him in the wormhole.

Edited by BkWurm1

LOL I so thought of you guys when Earth 2 Barry was giving Earth 1 Barry his weekly pep talk.  I might have laughed a little more than I would have otherwise - because really, it was funny.  I wanted to smack Jesse and her "you want me to leave my life" crap, but I won't give up on her being half-way decent at some point.

I would have sworn the guy in the iron mask was black and therefore Earth 2 Wally West. 

But yea I totally thought he was going to tap out Jay is Zoom.

At least Iris and even Caitlyn had more to do these last couple of episodes.  And the women got to interact on both Earths.  So, um progress?

• Love 1

Not progress unless Earth1 Iris and Caitlyn still get to have their own storylines.  Iris might with her new boss (ugh, an inevitable relationship) but now that Jay is gone and Jesse is there to do science stuff, poor Caitlyn may as well pack it up.

Since the guy in the mask was tapping out a military code, I thought it was Diggle. Too tall to be Andy.

• Love 2

Not progress unless Earth1 Iris and Caitlyn still get to have their own storylines.  Iris might with her new boss (ugh, an inevitable relationship) but now that Jay is gone and Jesse is there to do science stuff, poor Caitlyn may as well pack it up.

Since the guy in the mask was tapping out a military code, I thought it was Diggle. Too tall to be Andy.

My step son thought of Diggle as well.  I'm not ruling that out - I just figured they had to make Wally more useful somehow and they could not have possible had the actor on set just to film that moment with Joe at the police station, could they?

• Love 1

I saw a glimpse of blond hair on Iron Mask Guy, so it's almost certainly Jay, or some variation thereof.

I saw a glimpse of blond hair on Iron Mask Guy, so it's almost certainly Jay, or some variation thereof.

hence why i'm thinking Twins!! they will literally be ripping off the man in the iron mask (if I remember the plot correctly), lol.

What was the reason again that Jay gave for why his E1 counterpart has a different name than he does?

Edited by foreverevolving