Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

30 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

Selina/Bruce from TDKR (unpopular opinion lol)

Really? Selina/Bruce is unpopular? I didn't know that.  I liked them - Selina was (for me) about the only saving grace of that movie.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

TV Favorites....hmmm, let's see. How to do this. Let's try this (again, feel free to change up anything you like - it's just for fun).

-------

........aaaaaaand go.  Feel free to add categories - I felt like I was having a harder time with categories on this one than on the movie one.

FAVORITE DC LIVE-ACTION SHOW(S) - Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow

FAVORITE DC ANIMATED SHOW(S) - Never seen any

FAVORITE MARVEL LIVE-ACTION SHOW(S) - Jessica Jones, Daredevil

FAVORITE MARVEL ANIMATED SHOW(S) - Never seen any

FAVORITE COMICS SHOW(S) NOT IN ANY OF THE ABOVE CATEGORIES - Legion? Does that count?

FAVORITE TV BATMAN/BRUCE WAYNE - Never seen any

FAVORITE TV CLARK KENT/SUPERMAN - I've only seen Smallville so that one

FAVORITE DCTV CHARACTER(S) - Felicity Smoak, Oliver Queen, John Diggle, Martin Stein, Moira Queen, Thea Queen

FAVORITE MARVEL TV CHARACTER(S) - Peggy Carter, Karen Page, Trish Walker

FAVORITE PAIRING(S)

1. Oliver/Felicity
  2. Diggle/Lyla
  3. Barry/Death

NEW COMICS SHOW YOU'RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN 2018 - Black Lightning

COMICS SHOW YOU WANT TO WATCH BUT HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO YET - Punisher

• Love 1

I'll do the TV one first.

FAVORITE DC LIVE-ACTION SHOW(S) - Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow

FAVORITE DC ANIMATED SHOW(S) - Batman: The Animated Series (almost every episode is a classic. Such a great series)

FAVORITE MARVEL LIVE-ACTION SHOW(S) - Agent Carter

FAVORITE MARVEL ANIMATED SHOW(S) - X-Men: The Animated Series

FAVORITE COMICS SHOW(S) NOT IN ANY OF THE ABOVE CATEGORIES - Big Guy and Rusty, the Boy Robot 

FAVORITE TV BATMAN/BRUCE WAYNE - Adam West (for the cheese and nostalgia factor)

FAVORITE TV CLARK KENT/SUPERMAN - Dean Cain

FAVORITE DCTV CHARACTER(S) - Felicity Smoak, Oliver Queen, John Diggle, Oliver Queen (Smallville)

FAVORITE MARVEL TV CHARACTER(S) - Peggy Carter

FAVORITE PAIRING(S)

Oliver/Felicity- Arrow
Oliver/Chloe- Smallville
Lois/Clark - Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

NEW COMICS SHOW YOU'RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN 2018 - Black Lightning

COMICS SHOW YOU WANT TO WATCH BUT HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO YET - Legion

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, WindofChange said:

Selina/Bruce from TDKR (unpopular opinion lol)

1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Really? Selina/Bruce is unpopular? I didn't know that.  I liked them - Selina was (for me) about the only saving grace of that movie.

Count me in as another fan.

• Love 2

FAVORITE BATMAN MOVIE - Batman (The Nolan series might have been better quality-wise overall, but the first movie was iconic in a way none of the others can be) 

FAVORITE SUPERMAN MOVIE - Man Of Steel (Mostly because Lois was portrayed as smart and capable and there wasn't the usual subplot of her not being able to tell the difference between Clark and Superman because of a pair of glasses)

FAVORITE SPIDER-MAN MOVIE - none

FAVORITE IRON MAN MOVIE - Iron Man

FAVORITE CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE - The First Avenger

FAVORITE THOR MOVIE - Thor 1

FAVORITE X-MEN MOVIE(S) - X-Men (the first one, before the whole movie-verse became all about Logan and then all about Mystique. Bitter? Me? Nah.)

FAVORITE MCU MOVIE(S) - Captain America 1, Guardians of the Galaxy 1, Ant-man, Avengers 

FAVORITE DCEU MOVIE(S) - none

FAVORITE COMICS-BASED MOVIE NOT IN ANY OF THE ABOVE CATEGORIES - Big Hero 6, Deadpool

FAVORITE MCU CHARACTER(S) - Steve Rogers, Peggy Carter, Sam Wilson, Natasha Romanov

FAVORITE DCEU CHARACTER(S) - um...

FAVORITE X-MEN CHARACTER(S) -Does Deadpool count?

FAVORITE COMICS MOVIE PAIRING(S)

Steve Rogers/Peggy Carter
Natasha Romanov/Clint Barton (what?)

FAVORITE CHRIS (Evans, Hemsworth, Pine, Pratt) - Evans over all the others by a country mile

COMICS MOVIE YOU'RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN 2018 - Black Panther, Deadpool 2

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

Onto episode 208... This was such a fun episode and I have to say I really love the villain team up. They're just so fun together and have such different personalities. I'm not really sure why Darhk was brought into the equation though and what he brings to the table, but otherwise this was a great episode!

Ray/Nate: The bromance between them is really sweet lol They're like the annoying brothers who you don't like a lot of the times but love because they're your brothers lol. Them mocking Sara in the beginning was great but I feel like Caity can never pull off being 'stern' so it doesn't work as well on her end. It would've worked WAY better if that scene was with Oliver. Also them saying "We're right here" to Mick/Amaya who were about to ditch them was hilarious. 

Also Nate was utilized well in this episode. He provided valuable historical information to the team when they needed it. They should continue this trajectory.

Also them calling Dahrk/Eobard/Malcolm the "Legion of Doom" was hilarious. It was reminiscent of Roy/Felicity calling the bunker the "Arrow Cave" much to Oliver's annoyance.

Sara: Uhhh Sara? Martin giving his younger self relationship advice not really knowing it'd cause an aberration is WAY different than you wanting to bring Laurel back fully knowing the harm and issues it would cause with time so you can't judge him for that... I found that judgement to be quite hypocritical on her part too considering she's done her fair share of meddling (sleeping with that woman in 201, telling Damien what happens in the future so he then could change his plans, etc.) That part really annoyed me, she was equating two things that should never have been equated. Also I'm not really sure why Sara changed her mind on grilling Martin by the end. Her change of mind was kind of jarring. 

It also pains me to see Sara get the best lines like how she'd rather take a nightmare that's real over a dream that's a lie... Because she never does those lines justice. That entire scene was written so well... It just didn't hit me like it was supposed to because of the acting. Because I'm glad Sara knows who she is and what she's meant to be and has accepted reality for what it is. I really liked seeing that character development... It was supposed to be poignant but I guess I wasn't very moved. Basically I think Sara is a great character, it's just the actress doesn't do her justice which is a shame.

Martin: It's really sad that he has to live with knowing his daughter is an aberration and not really real. I'm really curious where this will take him in future episodes and what it will force him to do in order to protect her. Because it honestly seems like this has only brought him pain and desperation to the point where he messes up in missions because he's so side tracked. 

Mick/Snart: So.... this is the first time I've seen Snart and I'm so annoyed by him? I just can't stand the accent and the way he speaks. But I wonder why Mick is seeing visions of Snart? Although it was really heartwarming to hear Mick actually tell someone he loves them (lol at Martin thinking he was talking to him). Honestly I'm not really sure what's going in in Mick's head right now. I am really curious though. And I love that Amaya is Mick's confidante. Her kissing his cheek was actually the cutest. I LOVE AMAYA OK. 

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 1

OK I have a question... How in the world does Barry build such a complex, high tech, sophisticated AI like Gideon? Because based on what we see on The Flash today that makes no sense whatsoever considering Barry has zero interest in computer science... Or any kind of science in general. It actually makes more sense that Felicity/Cisco/Caitlin made her. Felicity built the software, Caitlin helped with her biological knowledge, Cisco helped with her scientific knowledge... That makes much more sense than Barry.

And I don't buy that just because he's fast and can retain information quickly he can be more of an expert in computer science/biology/engineering than Felicity/Cisco/Caitlin.

I feel like this aspect needs to be retconned in order to make sense because otherwise it really doesn't.

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 3

FAVORITE BATMAN MOVIE - The Dark Knight

FAVORITE SUPERMAN MOVIE - I've only seen Man of Steel

FAVORITE SPIDER-MAN MOVIE -  Spider-Man

FAVORITE IRON MAN MOVIE - Iron Man (the first one)

FAVORITE CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE - Winter Soldier

FAVORITE THOR MOVIE - Ragnarok

FAVORITE X-MEN MOVIE(S) - Logan

FAVORITE MCU MOVIE(S)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

The Avengers

Thor: Ragnarok

FAVORITE DCEU MOVIE(S) - Wonder Woman

FAVORITE FANTASTIC 4 MOVIE - I guess the first one.

FAVORITE COMICS-BASED MOVIE NOT IN ANY OF THE ABOVE CATEGORIES - the Teenage Mutuant Ninja Turtle movies from the 90's. They are campy and cheesy but a lot more fun then the recent ones. 

FAVORITE MCU CHARACTER(S) - Steve Rogers

FAVORITE DCEU CHARACTER(S) - Diana

FAVORITE X-MEN CHARACTER(S) - Logan

Peter Parker/Gwen Stacy

Diana/Steve Trevor

FAVORITE CHRIS (Evans, Hemsworth, Pine, Pratt) - I'm not picky I'll take all of them. Lol.

ETA: COMICS MOVIE YOU'RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN 2018 - Avengers: Infinity War.  

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

FAVORITE BATMAN MOVIE - The Dark Knight, fantastic Film Noir with some deep moments of what defines humanity

FAVORITE SUPERMAN MOVIE - Not really a fan of the character so I'll just got with the First Superman movie I saw which left a massive impression on me as a child. Superman II

FAVORITE SPIDER-MAN MOVIE - Spider-Man 2 (Rami's second movie)

FAVORITE IRON MAN MOVIE - Iron Man

FAVORITE CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE - The Winter Soldier. Fantastic Espionage Thriller, brilliant character study and it actually made me like Black Widow which was a first.

FAVORITE THOR MOVIE - Thor Ragnorok. First Thor was boring, Jane/Thor had no chemistry and Jane/Natalie Postman was dull as dish water. Didn't bother with Dark World but Ragnorok was funny.

FAVORITE X-MEN MOVIE(S) - X2 X-Men United, was their best movie IMO (last really good own too...haven't seen Logan so can't comment on that)

FAVORITE MCU MOVIE(S) - Winter Soldier, GotG1, Civil War, Iron Man/Ragnorok (tie) GotG2

FAVORITE DCEU MOVIE(S) - none

FAVORITE COMICS-BASED MOVIE NOT IN ANY OF THE ABOVE CATEGORIES - Deadpool

FAVORITE MCU CHARACTER(S) - Steve Rogers, Clint Barton, Bucky Barnes/Sam Wilson (tie), T'Challa (freaking loved him in Civil War), Wonda and Pietro (surprising since I don't like either in thh comics), Nebula

FAVORITE DCEU CHARACTER(S) - none from the movies

FAVORITE X-MEN CHARACTER(S) - Scott/Cyclops, Jubilee, Kurt/Nightcrawler, Wade/Deadpool

Natasha Romanov/Clint Barton (I agree with @lemotomato on this)

FAVORITE CHRIS (Evans, Hemsworth, Pine, Pratt) - Evans hands down even if he is a Red Sox/Pats fan

COMICS MOVIE YOU'RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN 2018 - In order of release: Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, Deadpool 2

• Love 1

FAVORITE DC LIVE-ACTION SHOW(S) - Legends of Tomorrow

FAVORITE DC ANIMATED SHOW(S) - Young Justice

FAVORITE MARVEL LIVE-ACTION SHOW(S) - Agent Carter

FAVORITE MARVEL ANIMATED SHOW(S) - X-Men: The Animated Series

FAVORITE COMICS SHOW(S) NOT IN ANY OF THE ABOVE CATEGORIES -  iZombie, Lucifer

FAVORITE TV BATMAN/BRUCE WAYNE -  David Mazouz from Gotham

FAVORITE TV CLARK KENT/SUPERMAN -  Dean Cain

FAVORITE DCTV CHARACTER(S) - Sara Lance, Mick Rory, Leonard Snart

FAVORITE MARVEL TV CHARACTER(S) - Peggy Carter

FAVORITE PAIRING(S)

Oliver/Chloe- Smallville
Sara/Leonard - Legends of Tomorrow
Bruce/Selina - Gotham

NEW COMICS SHOW YOU'RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN 2018 - Black Lightning

COMICS SHOW YOU WANT TO WATCH BUT HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO YET - the Runaways

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WindofChange said:

OK I have a question... How in the world does Barry build such a complex, high tech, sophisticated AI like Gideon? Because based on what we see on The Flash today that makes no sense whatsoever considering Barry has zero interest in computer science... Or any kind of science in general. It actually makes more sense that Felicity/Cisco/Caitlin made her. Felicity built the software, Caitlin helped with her biological knowledge, Cisco helped with her scientific knowledge... That makes much more sense than Barry.

And I don't buy that just because he's fast and can retain information quickly he can be more of an expert in computer science/biology/engineering than Felicity/Cisco/Caitlin.

I feel like this aspect needs to be retconned in order to make sense because otherwise it really doesn't.

I have no idea why they said Barry invented Gideon, when he's a CSI. He doesn't do any computer work for Team Flash. I'd buy Cisco, Harry and Caitlin inventing Gideon. They could've just went with Barry had the Gideon tech and Eobard stole her at some point. She seems to follow whoever is in charge, while still being loyal to her original commander. Also Gideon seems to be the name of the program, since we've seen the Time Masters all have different voices for their AI's. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I have no idea why they said Barry invented Gideon, when he's a CSI. He doesn't do any computer work for Team Flash. I'd buy Cisco, Harry and Caitlin inventing Gideon. They could've just went with Barry had the Gideon tech and Eobard stole her at some point. She seems to follow whoever is in charge, while still being loyal to her original commander. Also Gideon seems to be the name of the program, since we've seen the Time Masters all have different voices for their AI's. 

It makes no sense whatsoever. 

The only possible thing I can think of is they all built it and Barry took credit because he's awful that way.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, WindofChange said:

Martin: It's really sad that he has to live with knowing his daughter is an aberration and not really real. I'm really curious where this will take him in future episodes and what it will force him to do in order to protect her. Because it honestly seems like this has only brought him pain and desperation to the point where he messes up in missions because he's so side tracked. 

Does it mean she’s not real? In a year’s time from this episode, she’s had a baby, was telling Mick not to walk around the house naked, and married her dad? I don’t follow LoT, so this is an honest question for everyone who does.

1 hour ago, quarks said:

Does no one other than me have kind memories of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends?

Oh, right. I'm old. Carry on!

I do and I love it. That was my introduction to Spider-Man and the X-Men (complete with Australian Wolverine). Firestar and Iceman's origin stories and the one at the X-Mansion where they fight the Juggernaut.

In fact, a few years back they did a reunion in one of the X-Books. Firestar was a new teacher at Jean Greg Academy and, she kind of had the hots for Bobby/Iceman (my little Spider Friends shippy heart was so happy). Then a few issues later Bobby/Angelica went on a Grocery Run and ran into Spidey who was chasing some evil alien baby (I think). We had a 2 issue team up for Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends ?❤

ETA: Pryde of the X-Men was my introduction to Kitty Pryde, my hated has never abated.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

It makes no sense whatsoever. 

The only possible thing I can think of is they all built it and Barry took credit because he's awful that way.

Well Cisco and Harry took all the credit for the breaking up Firestorm serum that Caitlin helped with. So I can see that happening. 

Of course until stated otherwise I'm blaming Barry for Meta's and heroes being outlawed in Zari's future. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

And didn't Barry take the credit for Eddie's sacrifice? lol

Yep, and he keeps crapping on Eddie's sacrifice by letting Eobard go all the time.  He's a psycho that doesn't hide the fact he's going to keep hurting and killing people Barry cares about as well as random innocents to get what he wants. Others have sacrificed a lot to get rid of Eobard and Barry's like, "Bye, have fun killing more people" 

I can't wait to hear what you think of LoT 2x10. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

He's a psycho that doesn't hide the fact he's going to keep hurting and killing people Barry cares about as well as random innocents to get what he wants

It's ok though. Barry will forgive himself for it and that's the most important thing.

11 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I can't wait to hear what you think of LoT 2x10. 

I'm likely gonna watch it tomorrow! 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah, I recently rewatched the first Avengers movie, and found myself disappointed again that Whedon didn't put them together.  I mean, I know that's a classic Whedon move, but still. 

• Love 1

I was more Nat/Steve from Winter Solider, I really like their dynamic. Because dating the grandniece of your former girlfriend just doesn't sit right with me. Plus Sharon in no where near as awesome as Peggy. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Because dating the grandniece of your former girlfriend just doesn't sit right with me.

Oh no, Steve/Sharon was a complete no for me.  I mean, I like Sharon alright on her own, but no no no to her with Steve.  That kiss in Civil War was sooooooo awkward.  It was like "ok, I guess we're supposed to kiss now.  Right.  Let's see if we can do this with as little touching as possible." Lol.  

Plus Sharon in no where near as awesome as Peggy. 

To be fair, few people are. :)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

Supposedly Sharon's role in Winter Soldier was supposed to be much larger but Marvel was concerned about Van Camp not being a big enough name and gave most of her stuff to Nat.  I don't know how much of that is true but it would explain a few things (why she was there at all, Nat's lack of anger over Fury not letting them in on him being alive, Nat pushing Steve to date his cute neighbor) so I'm inclined to believe it.  It would also make their relationship stuff from Civil War (including Sam's and Bucky's reaction grins to the kiss since both would have interacted with her in WS) make a lot more sense if we'd seen a whole movie of the two working together against Hydra.  Winter Soldier was great for Nat and Steve friendship development but it was terrible for Sharon and Steve romance development.  Once they scrapped the romance stuff they should have just kept Sharon as a trusted ally in Civil War. 

I get that Sharon is Steve's big comic love interest but, if they still wanted to show that they were into each other (even if it goes nowhere since I doubt Van Camp is in either Avengers movie), they could just remove the family connection to Peggy.  If it was meant to be a big character conflict, then sure, but Steve didn't show any reaction other than surprise so it wasn't necessary. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Supposedly Sharon's role in Winter Soldier was supposed to be much larger but Marvel was concerned about Van Camp not being a big enough name

Marvel should have been more worried that Van Camp and Evans didn't have any chemistry at all. That kiss in Civil War was uncomfortable to watch. And a surprise in that both Evans and Van Camp usually don't have problems sparking with their co-stars. I didn't need raging chemistry but to borrow a description used on this board for Amell and Benoist: It was like two cardboards rubbing against each other. Did no one chem-test Evans and Van Camp?!?!

Nat sparked with both Clint and Steve — hell, Nat sparked with Sam, too — and I wouldn't have minded any of those pairings.

• Love 3

Assuming Bucky and Nat both live through the next two Avengers movies, it might be interesting to see how a pairing between those two might work.  I've seen it in fanfic occasionally, but I'm not sure if it has any comics canon basis.

4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Assuming Bucky and Nat both live through the next two Avengers movies, it might be interesting to see how a pairing between those two might work.  I've seen it in fanfic occasionally, but I'm not sure if it has any comics canon basis.

Bucky and Nat were romantically involved in the comics, yes.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

NO

But it's COMIC CANON.

Also when they're together (the second time. The first time was when they were Russian spies.) is when Bucky takes over the Captain America mantle after Steve dies, so technically it's a Black WIdow/Captain America ship. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2

I could see Bucky/Nat, anything is better than the random Bruce/Nat we got in Avengers AoU. Although it will be interesting going forward if Bruce is gone and only Hulk remains. I wonder what Nat will think of Hulk's bestie Valkyrie. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

It has a basis in comics, but I'm not a big fan. 

In the MCU, Bucky is already in the title of one Cap movie. He's probably going to take on the mantle after A4. I can't trust that the relationship doesn't become all about him. During TWS, I liked the idea of Steve/Nat together, but after seeing the way they handled Bruce/Nat, I'd rather they stay away from any primary romances including Natasha for a while. I don't think the MCU is very good at romance. I like Steve/Peggy, but they don't actually get a shot at a relationship (Steve is also very shippable with so many characters!). Paltrow/RDJ have really good chemistry, but the relationship is mostly about Tony, IMO. 

I'd really like to see them develop some female relationships with Nat going forward. We only got one scene with Nat/Wanda interacting in CW, I want more. I want some good female interactions! 

Especially with this news:

Marvel’s Standalone ‘Black Widow’ Movie Gains Momentum With Jac Schaeffer Writing

7 hours ago, bijoux said:

Does it mean she’s not real? In a year’s time from this episode, she’s had a baby, was telling Mick not to walk around the house naked, and married her dad? I don’t follow LoT, so this is an honest question for everyone who does.

She is an anachronism because she exists because of the Legends getting involved in the life of a younger Professor Stein.  To everyone but them, its like she existed the whole time, but to them and the audience, she only existed by the time of the second season. They're supposed to get rid of anachronisms, but they decide to ignore that when it comes to Lily, after some angst, when they realized her existence didn't hurt anything. She found out about it eventually, but she got over it, because she is a real person now, and her dad loves her even if he just now met her. So, she is real, but she is "new" to the timeline, even if she has her whole memories like she has been there the whole time, and she was here to the whole time to everyone but the Legends. She married the father of her child.

FAVORITE DC LIVE-ACTION SHOW(S) - Legends of Tomorrow, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.

Oh, this looks like fun! 

FAVORITE DC ANIMATED SHOWS: Justice League  

FAVORITE MARVEL LIVE-ACTION SHOW(S) - Agent Carter/Daredevil 

FAVORITE DC LIVE ACTION SHOW: LoT, Arrow

FAVORITE MARVEL ANIMATED SHOW(S) - I haven't seen any actually. 

FAVORITE COMICS SHOW(S) NOT IN ANY OF THE ABOVE CATEGORIES - I zombie

FAVORITE TV BATMAN/BRUCE WAYNE - Adam West. It takes a real pro to say such goofy lines with such sincerity. 

FAVORITE TV CLARK KENT/SUPERMAN - Dean Cain.

FAVORITE DCTV CHARACTER(S) - Sara Lance, Felicity Smoak, Mick Rory, Oliver Queen, Ray Palmer, John Diggle, John Constantine, Thea Queen...I have a lot actually. 

FAVORITE MARVEL TV CHARACTER(S) - Peggy Carter, Leo Fitz, Jessica Jones, Mack Mackenzie, Matt Murdock...I have several of them as well. 

FAVORITE PAIRING(S)

Oliver/Felecity, Barry/Iris, Snart/Sara (DCTV), Jessica/Matt (MCU)

NEW COMICS SHOW YOU'RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN 2018 - Black Lightening 

COMICS SHOW YOU WANT TO WATCH BUT HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO YET - The Punisher 

Edited by raven
removed spoiler tag, not needed in this thread
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Marvel should have been more worried that Van Camp and Evans didn't have any chemistry at all. That kiss in Civil War was uncomfortable to watch. And a surprise in that both Evans and Van Camp usually don't have problems sparking with their co-stars. I didn't need raging chemistry but to borrow a description used on this board for Amell and Benoist: It was like two cardboards rubbing against each other. Did no one chem-test Evans and Van Camp?!?!

Its actually kind of hilarious, considering Steve and Nat have chemistry with basically every person they interact with...except for their respective love interests, Bruce and Sharon, respectively. Bruce and Nat were especially random and awkward. It just came so out of nowhere, and while Bruce and Nat had decent chemistry as friends, they had literally no romantic chemistry at all. It was like Whedon was just screwing with us, like "oh, you thought Nat was being set up with literally any other person in the cast who she would make more sense with? Or that she didn't need to be in a romance at all as the one girl in the group? Well screw you, heres her new romance with the one guy she has no romantic chemistry with!" for the sheer dickery of it all. 

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Yep, and he keeps crapping on Eddie's sacrifice by letting Eobard go all the time.  He's a psycho that doesn't hide the fact he's going to keep hurting and killing people Barry cares about as well as random innocents to get what he wants. Others have sacrificed a lot to get rid of Eobard and Barry's like, "Bye, have fun killing more people" 

I know right? Eobard is a totally psycho who has shown again and again that he will keep trying to kill Barry and his friends, family, fellow heroes, and innocent people, why not at least TRY to imprison him, if its that important not to kill people? He might escape, but he could try to do something beyond just telling him "see you next murder!" or something. Hell, Eobard killed alternate versions of most of the Legends team just last season, and the ones that didn't get murdered sacrificed themselves to get rid of the guy, just like Eddie did. So, thanks Barry, you continue to make the deaths of your friends and fellow heroes mean nothing! Have fun explaining this to the loved ones of his next victims! And considering he spends so much of his time screwing with/killing the heroes of the Arrowverse, Barry will probably be at the damn funeral!

Although, I blame the writing more than I blame Barry I guess. I know most people freaked out about the wedding because the biggest mistake of the crossover, but to me, that was the laziest bit of writing by far.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I know right? Eobard is a totally psycho who has shown again and again that he will keep trying to kill Barry and his friends, family, fellow heroes, and innocent people, why not at least TRY to imprison him, if its that important not to kill people? He might escape, but he could try to do something beyond just telling him "see you next murder!" or something. Hell, Eobard killed alternate versions of most of the Legends team just last season, and the ones that didn't get murdered sacrificed themselves to get rid of the guy, just like Eddie did. So, thanks Barry, you continue to make the deaths of your friends and fellow heroes mean nothing! Have fun explaining this to the loved ones of his next victims! 

I just watched the crossover again when it aired this week, and I was so disgusted at the way Barry let Eobard go with just a resigned "Get out of here" like he's a mischievous teenager that got caught egging a house, and not a crazy murdering psycho Nazi collaborator. I really hope Eobard comes back and makes Barry pay.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Clintasha 4eva! 

I really thought that was what the movies were setting up until they got Joss-ed in Age of Ultron. Especially with the Easter Egg of Nat wearing an arrow necklace in Winter Soldier. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Clintasha 4eva! 

I really thought that was what the movies were setting up until they got Joss-ed in Age of Ultron. Especially with the Easter Egg of Nat wearing an arrow necklace in Winter Soldier. 

Yeah i think they were totally going with Clint as ha but, Joss ignored everything but what he wanted and we got Clinton/Wife.

• Love 1

FAVORITE BATMAN MOVIE - The Dark Knight Rises

FAVORITE SUPERMAN MOVIE - Man of Steel

FAVORITE SPIDER-MAN MOVIE - Spider-Man: Homecoming

FAVORITE IRON MAN MOVIE - Iron Man

FAVORITE CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE - Captain America: The Winter Soldier

FAVORITE THOR MOVIE - Thor: Ragnarok

FAVORITE X-MEN MOVIE(S) - X-Men 

FAVORITE MCU MOVIE(S) - Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Avengers, Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy

FAVORITE DCEU MOVIE(S) - Wonder Woman

FAVORITE FANTASTIC 4 MOVIE - none

FAVORITE COMICS-BASED MOVIE NOT IN ANY OF THE ABOVE CATEGORIES - ?

FAVORITE MCU CHARACTER(S) - Steve Rogers, Thor, Tony Stark

FAVORITE DCEU CHARACTER(S) - Diana Prince

FAVORITE X-MEN CHARACTER(S) - Logan

FAVORITE COMICS MOVIE PAIRING(S) - Steve Rogers & Peggy Carter, Diana Prince & Steve Trevor

FAVORITE CHRIS (Evans, Hemsworth, Pine, Pratt) - Hemsworth > Evans > Pine > Pratt

COMICS MOVIE YOU'RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN 2018 - Avengers: Infinity War

FAVORITE DC LIVE-ACTION SHOW(S) - Arrow 

FAVORITE DC ANIMATED SHOW(S) - Vixen

FAVORITE MARVEL LIVE-ACTION SHOW(S) - Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter

FAVORITE MARVEL ANIMATED SHOW(S) - ?

FAVORITE COMICS SHOW(S) NOT IN ANY OF THE ABOVE CATEGORIES - The Walking Dead

FAVORITE TV BATMAN/BRUCE WAYNE - Young Bruce, Gotham

FAVORITE TV CLARK KENT/SUPERMAN - none

FAVORITE DCTV CHARACTER(S) - Felicity Smoak, Oliver Queen, John Diggle

FAVORITE MARVEL TV CHARACTER(S) - Peggy Carter,  Jemma Simmons, Leo Fitz

FAVORITE PAIRING(S) - Oliver & Felicity, Arrow

NEW COMICS SHOW YOU'RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN 2018 - Black Lightning

COMICS SHOW YOU WANT TO WATCH BUT HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO YET - Marvel's Runaways

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I didn't like Bruce and Natasha for several reasons, and yeah, it was random and awkward.  

Honestly though, I have to admit that my primary reason was that, having previously seen both Hulk movies, I had gotten rather attached to Bruce/Betty, and I liked that Betty was someone special to both Bruce and Hulk.  (Although the MCU has pretty much ignored her existance since then.)  

I also really hated the whole "lullaby" thing.  To me it felt like it was something that they'd deliberately programmed the Hulk to respond to (with Bruce's consent I'm sure), so....that made the relationship feel a little....gah.  I'm not sure what the word is.  

And then, yeah, Whedon jossed Clintasha, which I wasn't excited about, but Clintasha hadn't been as much of an OTP for me as Bruce/Betty had been.

She is an anachronism because she exists because of the Legends getting involved in the life of a younger Professor Stein.  To everyone but them, its like she existed the whole time, but to them and the audience, she only existed by the time of the second season. They're supposed to get rid of anachronisms, but they decide to ignore that when it comes to Lily, after some angst, when they realized her existence didn't hurt anything. She found out about it eventually, but she got over it, because she is a real person now, and her dad loves her even if he just now met her. So, she is real, but she is "new" to the timeline, even if she has her whole memories like she has been there the whole time, and she was here to the whole time to everyone but the Legends. She married the father of her child.

Thanks.

They decide to leave more anachronisms be, don't they? Like the Helen of Troy. Are there others? Or is she called something else, since she was out of her time and not someone who didn't exist anymore like Lily?

Edited by raven
removed spoiler tags, not necessary in this thread
  • Love 1
Just now, Starfish35 said:

I also really hated the whole "lullaby" thing.  To me it felt like it was something that they'd deliberately programmed the Hulk to respond to (with Bruce's consent I'm sure), so....that made the relationship feel a little....gah.  I'm not sure what the word is.  

Maternalistic? Oedipus Complex?

There were four other men on that team, one of whom Bruce is established friends with, but the only woman gets the 'lullaby'. And that is used as a stepping stone to draw out a potential romantic relationship.

5 minutes ago, Vera said:

but the only woman gets the 'lullaby'.

Yeah that part is...not good. 

I guess I'm just uncomfortable with it because I felt like, to a certain extent, Bruce is programmed to respond to her, and that just makes me uncomfortable with the whole relationship.  

But that's just my perception and how I felt about it - I'm not saying it's necessarily accurate. *shrug*

10 minutes ago, Vera said:

Maternalistic? Oedipus Complex?

Well the movie also revealed that apparently the greatest source of Natasha's angst is that she cant have kids and that makes her a monster akin to the Hulk, so I  guess that makes sense. Give the girl the mom stuff! Thats what they do, right?  

• Love 1

James Gunn shoots down Reddit Guardians theory

No, Rocket never exposed himself. Yes, James Gunn had to make this clear, because — the Internet. 

The Guardians of the Galaxy director took to social media on Thursday to clear up a rumor that had been gaining traction on reddit. 

In the first film, while our heroes are in prison, their jumpsuits have stripes on them relating to their previous crimes. This is accurate and a detail of which the meticulous Gunn gave great thought. But, it is not true that the stripes on Rocket's pants mean he exposed himself, Gunn wrote in a Facebook post Thursday. 

They decide to leave more anachronisms be, don't they? Like the Helen of Troy. Are there others? Or is she called something else, since she was out of her time and not someone who didn't exist anymore like Lily?

Well with people like Helen, she was out of time, so they just had to put her back in her own time (or the equivalent) so it doesn't mess up the time stream. They have left a few of them in different places or tried to do other things to help (like with Lily) and thats kind of one of the big issues on the show. Unlike other time cops running around, they want to protect the time line, but also help people as much as possible and right wrongs. 

Edited by raven
removed spoiler tags
  • Love 1

Speaking of Guardians of the Galaxy, I always get so much Farscape deja vu when watching those movies.  Turns out that's not accidental - James Gunn is a huge Farscape fan (thus the Ben Browder cameo in GotG2), and he's also said this:

IMG_2829.PNG

Maybe this is old news to everyone, but I just found it out, and was delighted to find out that I wasn't imagining things. :)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 7