Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Sneak Peek

• Start Topic

"So you're saying she might deny me?"    

Has anyone ever spoken about being "denied" surgery, until My 600 lb Life came along?   Sounds like Jazz watches TLC.   

It's like when American Idol came along. Before that, no one ever spoke of genres, or even knew what they were. 

17 minutes ago, Quof said:

"So you're saying she might deny me?"    

Has anyone ever spoken about being "denied" surgery, until My 600 lb Life came along?   Sounds like Jazz watches TLC.   

It's like when American Idol came along. Before that, no one ever spoke of genres, or even knew what they were. 

I have never seen the show but i have heard peopke use the phrase long before it came along.

Also, lots of people knew different musical genres and talked about them before AI a show I also have never seen.

• Love 8

I hate focusing on a teenager's weight issues in real life, and I really hate that her family is in essence inviting viewers to focus on it too. Teens can go up and down with their weight just in the normal course of puberty & young adulthood, but Jazz doesn't need the added pressure of having the flucuations in public. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, CousinAmy said:

I hate focusing on a teenager's weight issues in real life, and I really hate that her family is in essence inviting viewers to focus on it too. Teens can go up and down with their weight just in the normal course of puberty & young adulthood, but Jazz doesn't need the added pressure of having the flucuations in public. 

There’s a lot of things Jazz doesn’t need but anything to make a buck. 

• Love 3

In this case I think the weight gain is connected to Jazz's depression and the female hormones (she says her eating habits are out of control), so as it relates to her life and transition it's not just typical puberty weight fluctuations. Plus getting a major surgical procedure, it is realistic that the surgeon would want Jazz to be as healthy as possible.

• Love 3

Yes, I think it's definitely stress-eating (and perhaps hormones) but it seems the editors are mocking her by using that quote while showing her chowing down on a burger. 

She is getting some satisfaction out of having her foibles discussed in public - I wonder how much the family is getting out of this? Is each member getting paid? Is Jazz paid more because she is the "star"?

12 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

In this case I think the weight gain is connected to Jazz's depression and the female hormones (she says her eating habits are out of control), so as it relates to her life and transition it's not just typical puberty weight fluctuations. Plus getting a major surgical procedure, it is realistic that the surgeon would want Jazz to be as healthy as possible.

There’s also the added pressure of going through all these things on camera and the fact she is being pushed as a role model spokesperson for transgender people everywhere.  That’s a lot to put on a kid in addition to medications,surgery, and everything else that goes into her transition.  An eating disorder in this circumstance is not surprising and it might be helpful to her to not have the public exposure for a while as she copes with it all.

• Love 3

I was bothered by Jazz' question about the doctor "denying her."  It sounded liked Jazz had never had someone say 'no' to her before.  And, without taking any responsibility.  Instead of focusing on being denied, maybe she should understand not qualifying for surgery and the expectation of meeting surgical requirements which, according to the previews, include weight and health.

• Love 7

Does anyone know what Jazz’s interests are aside from transgender issues? Does Jazz like certain subjects in school, activities, movies, books? Life is larger than genetelia, sex, makeup, and giggly dating, isn’t it? Or I’m just hopelessly old.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, BeachyWave said:

Does anyone know what Jazz’s interests are aside from transgender issues? Does Jazz like certain subjects in school, activities, movies, books? Life is larger than genetelia, sex, makeup, and giggly dating, isn’t it? Or I’m just hopelessly old.

I think when asking these questions, it's important to bear in mind:

1). The focus of this program IS about Jazz being transgender. Every "reality TV" program has a focus; and because these programs only film a couple of months out of the year, and only broadcast about 42 minutes of what occurs in an entire week of filming, they edit out much of what would indicate (to us - the viewing audience) "well-rounded people."

2). Jazz is a 16-year-old girl. it's not unusual for 16-year-old girls to be interested in sex, makeup, and dating to the point you'd believe that's all they think about. I was once 16, and I remember whenever I'd get together with my friends at that age we weren't talking about school subjects, extracurricular activities, movies, or books very much (even though I can assure you I did enjoy and have preferences in all these things). We talked about BOYS, makeup, BOYS, dating, BOYS, sex (even though most of us weren't having it at that age), and have I mentioned? BOYS! It was much the same with my now-21-year-old daughter when she was 16.

In other words, just because something isn't discussed or depicted on the program, doesn't mean Jazz has no interest in these things.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

). Jazz is a 16-year-old girl. it's not unusual for 16-year-old girls to be interested in sex, makeup, and dating to the point you'd believe that's all they think about.

I was in no way like that, and neither was even one of my female boarding school classmates. We were serious about goals (hard enough already in the arts) and although had our share of mischief, didn’t have time to act like silly flibberty gibbits. We were desperately trying to be taken seriously. Also, all the boys liked other boys. And in the dance dept, likely wore more makeup than the girls.

• Love 3
On 12/21/2017 at 4:35 AM, TwirlyGirly said:

I think when asking these questions, it's important to bear in mind:

1). The focus of this program IS about Jazz being transgender. Every "reality TV" program has a focus; and because these programs only film a couple of months out of the year, and only broadcast about 42 minutes of what occurs in an entire week of filming, they edit out much of what would indicate (to us - the viewing audience) "well-rounded people."

2). Jazz is a 16-year-old girl. it's not unusual for 16-year-old girls to be interested in sex, makeup, and dating to the point you'd believe that's all they think about. I was once 16, and I remember whenever I'd get together with my friends at that age we weren't talking about school subjects, extracurricular activities, movies, or books very much (even though I can assure you I did enjoy and have preferences in all these things). We talked about BOYS, makeup, BOYS, dating, BOYS, sex (even though most of us weren't having it at that age), and have I mentioned? BOYS! It was much the same with my now-21-year-old daughter when she was 16.

In other words, just because something isn't discussed or depicted on the program, doesn't mean Jazz has no interest in these things.

IDK about girls, but my 17 year old son, outside of school and volunteer work, spends about 80% of his time/energy playing or watching basketball, weight lifting or other sports and 20% hanging out with friends, guys and girls, going to movies, playing video games, etc.  He and his guy friends are not obsessed with girls. They have lots of healthy interests. 

You would think, after all the years of filming this show, they would show other things Jazz is interested in other than transgender stuff.  She just seems overly focused on that and her genitals far beyond what is typical of teenagers, in my experience. 

Jazz does have other interests. In fact she is artistically very gifted and custom makes mermaid tails. She started her own business creating and selling these mermaid tails. She gets orders and makes them by hand. You would never know this from the show. 

This should be an interesting season. Jazz is getting older and learning more about herself like all adolescents, nice to see her involved in hurricane Irma clean up (that’s what the ending shot looked like). Such a scary time for everyone affected. 

I think Jazz should stay in therapy so she remains emotionally healthy. She’s gained a bit of weight since last season, which in and of itself doesn’t concern me, adolescents change sizes a lot, and the most well meaning adults can gain or lose weight due to stress in their lives, change in routine etc, but her ATTITUDE and perception of herself is what matters. If she thinks her eating is out of control or it’s affecting her self esteem that’s a bigger issue. 

Edited by Scarlett45
Punctuation
On 12/27/2017 at 0:50 PM, calpurnia99 said:

In fact she is artistically very gifted and custom makes mermaid tails. She started her own business creating and selling these mermaid tails.

Mermaid tails are extremely dangerous toys for children. I hope Jazz can aim Jazz's artistic gifts toward something that doesn't put girls in helpless bondage and in danger of death. Perhaps instead, Jazz could use Jazz's talents to express rage, support, or education regarding transgender issues. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3366690/Parents-warned-against-buying-mermaid-tail-Christmas-toy-young-girl-drowns.html

Edited by BeachyWave

That crappy cheap mass produced "toy" is not what Jazz does. She makes custom tails for older teens and adults.  That toy is a death trap for sure and should be banned.  Jazz does not make that for children - and they are a lot better made than this pc of crap. I think hers which cost like $800 are is easy to get your feet out of it, they don't bind your feet together.  And I think she is using her talents to express rage, support and education regarding transgender issues.

The question on here was does Jazz have any hobbies besides expressing rage, support and education regarding transgender issues. to which I replied that she hand makes these very artistic tails.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Jazztrans/photos/?tab=album&album_id=485029854919688

also 50% of the money she makes selling these goes to transgender issues.

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 1
On 12/16/2017 at 3:21 PM, ClareWalks said:

As someone who went to her exact surgeon, exact same procedure, there are absolutely some weight restrictions, like a weight and BMI limit given it prolongs both surgery and recovery. Dr. Bowers is very stringent upon these items, barring a medical release explaining as much, like the weight being muscles.

Was told a few years ago (by Jeanette, I am friends of family) that Jazz's depression isn't about her body, just a separate issue.

Got a ton of interests the cameras don't capture, although interest has waned on some of them. Singing, dancing, science, Spanish studies, etc. come to mind.

Edited by J. Matazz
On 12/31/2017 at 9:00 AM, calpurnia99 said:

The question on here was does Jazz have any hobbies besides expressing rage, support and education regarding transgender issues. to which I replied that she hand makes these very artistic tails.

Tying up a person and throwing them in a swimming pool is in no way OK. To overstate the obvious, the tied up human in this ridiculous "mermaid tail" with the person's legs tied up together will not be able to swim and the person could die. Why is this not clear? Also it exposes the kid to serious litigation.

Edited by BeachyWave

Folks,

We are getting far off-topic.  This thread is a place to discuss the sneak peek that showed the up-coming scenes from Season 4.  That includes the hurricane, doctor's visits and Jazz being jazzy,  Let's try to stay on these topics.   

Thanks!

PrincessPurrsALot and 17WheatThins