Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

Just now, Casseiopeia said:

I just got done reading this and I came here to see if anyone had posted it.  A really fascinating bts look at the writing process.  A few things that I was surprised to learn as well.  

Yup. I figured the in-depth discussion is better suited for the Writer's thread.

Huh, this is interesting. I haven't watched it yet.

Supernatural the 13th Scariest Episodes: Trailer

A preview of the "Supernatural the 13th Scariest Episodes.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/supernatural-the-13th-scariest-episodes-trailer/id1274210241?i=1274242859

Description

Take a terrifying ride with Sam & Dean Winchester with 13 of the scariest episodes from SUPERNATURAL. Chosen by the producers of the fan-favorite suspense thriller, as well as the fans themselves, these 13 episodes include the pilot, which started it all as well as many more. With thirteen seasons, Supernatural has more than its fair share of scares, but rest assured, these are some of the best.

• Love 1

101 Television Shows to Watch Before You Die.

Supernatural comes in at 13 :)

https://hiddenremote.com/2017/04/05/101-television-series-see-die/46/

13. Supernatural, 2005-Present

Saving people. Hunting things. That’s the Winchester way of living and oh what an adventure it has taken brothers Sam and Dean over the years. While you may first be drawn to the series due to its supernatural theme, you’ll stick around for the long haul because of the Winchesters. Sam and Dean have been through so much over the years and with each new twist and turn, the duo have never given up on one another and each trial has only served to strengthen their bond.

Where to Watch: Netflix

• Love 1

I'll never understand how brothers can be a bromance. Isn't a bromance supposed to be between unrelated persons? I mean yay for the boys, but it bugs me.

Also, not really a fan of the Castiel and Crowley bashing in the synopsis.

1 of 41

Sam and Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Sit down Castiel. Back off Crowley. The real bromance of Supernatural is between real blood brothers Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles). Is that cheating? Maybe. Are they a little too co-dependent? Yes. But no other bros on this list have risked it all (and died) to save one another while also fighting off the forces of evil to save the world.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'll never understand how brothers can be a bromance. Isn't a bromance supposed to be between unrelated persons? I mean yay for the boys, but it bugs me.

Bugs me too and not a fan and I don't care if it's childish but yuck and ewww over the implications.

ETA: I just realized how this post may be taken so to clarify my yuck and ewww was about the incest implication that I perceived not of male friendship or homosexuality and the terms yuck and ewww being childish.

Edited by trxr4kids
clarification
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Even though it's not SPN related I have to chime in to say "Yay! Turk and JD made the list!" :)

• Love 3

I don't know why, but of all the singing Jensen has done THIS   my fav.  He sings it so well and from the heart.  Just wish he hadn't worn the toque. Off to bed after a night of wine and friends. 

The Louden Swain drummer is as entertaining as Jensen.  And many times they both look directly at the camera which, according to the YouTube comment, he was filming from way back in audience.

Jensen hits every note... it's not the easiest of songs - just great....love it.  Love it more than the slow version.

Was anyone here at Chicon 2015 to see this live?

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, trxr4kids said:

Bugs me too and not a fan and I don't care if it's childish but yuck and ewww over the implications.

ETA: I just realized how this post may be taken so to clarify my yuck and ewww was about the incest implication that I perceived not of male friendship or homosexuality and the terms yuck and ewww being childish.

"Bromance" is actually NOT romantic.  It's like mutual man-crush. 

bro·mance

ˈbrōˌmans/

noun

informal

a close but nonsexual relationship between two men.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, SueB said:

"Bromance" is actually NOT romantic.  It's like mutual man-crush. 

Right, but I guess I just don't like the term, I think I find it dismissive in general of any strong male friendship and with regards to Sam and Dean don't see a "mutual man crush" being applicable in any way. I get it's just my issue, so moving on...... : )

• Love 4

@Jakes

Going back to the conversation about length of the show and speculation that Jared is looking for shorter seasons, here is what Jared said at Houscon. The conversation arose because someone suggested 30 years. It starts at about 16:00 in.

Jared: "I would consider it with the caveat"...then he's interrupted by a fan shouting Ruby, some riffing on the kids being 18 by then. Then he says:

"in all honesty, whatever life bring us, I would love to do either a movie of sorts, or 4 to 6 episode story line of sorts for a long, long time. 22 months...22 23 episodes is a lot. nine months, being away from the kids, my boy's going to be in kindergarten next year. So that's diifficult. But if it could like , "Hey guys we need you for two or three months and we'll do shortened seasons like Stranger Things or True Detective or something or we're delving into a SL,  we need you for two months, three months for a 90 minute movie or a couple episodes...a Gilmore Girls thing."  (riffing about DOOL and Gilmore Girls" .Then Jared says, "As long as you guys keep watchin,g we'll keep, "but the crowd is loud and I can't discern the rest. 

Then Jthe crowd quiets and Jensen goes on to say, "Let's just say as of right now we don't have a magic number. Uh, we still love doing what we do, and as long as there's  people like you out there  giving us a reason to do it, who knows".

MO, Jared is stating what he wants to fans and I don't see why that wouldn't be what he's telling his representation to angle for  during negotiations. Jensen is nodding in agreement which tells me he concurs with Jared on this. 

Then Jared later in a con this season, he's saying he hasn't signed a new contract and that the fans should tell TPTB if they want a s14.

So I don't think it's fanon telephone game or outlandish fan reaction to think shortened seasons are part of their current negotiations for upcoming seasons.  YMMV

I get the impression there's a paradigm shift coming in terms of network 23-episode series.  They're going the way of the DODO bird.  It's too much, too many 'iffy' episodes, too many stops & starts in the springtime to catch up with filming.  Ratings drop as the TV year progresses.

I'd love Supernatural to continue as a consecutive 10 episode format.  It would tighten up storytelling, give the Js time with family or other projects.  Maybe a 10-episode format for the next few seasons...??  I'd prefer that over the show terminating.  Sam and Dean have a lot more journeys through the supernatural world.  It's a wide open road of storytelling.  They don't have to stay young like the vampires.

But the 23 episode format is no longer working for this show (and most others IMO).  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I get the impression there's a paradigm shift coming in terms of network 23-episode series.  They're going the way of the DODO bird.  It's too much, too many 'iffy' episodes, too many stops & starts in the springtime to catch up with filming.  Ratings drop as the TV year progresses.

I'd love Supernatural to continue as a consecutive 10 episode format.  It would tighten up storytelling, give the Js time with family or other projects.  Maybe a 10-episode format for the next few seasons...??  I'd prefer that over the show terminating.  Sam and Dean have a lot more journeys through the supernatural world.  It's a wide open road of storytelling.  They don't have to stay young like the vampires.

But the 23 episode format is no longer working for this show (and most others IMO).  

I don't think the 23-episode format will be going away simply because networks have a lot of air time to fill. If you make all your shows short runs, then you either have to spend a ton of money producing more shows or fill that time with re-runs. While I agree the 23-episode format isn't doing this show any favors, I don't think the network will change their run except for maybe a known last season. The show performs in it's current format, so I don't think they'll be mucking with that.

2 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

networks have a lot of air time to fill.

They'd fill it with reality I guess.  Reality is cheap to produce and seems to be very popular.

Going into the future I think everything will be streamed - TV on demand.  How they'll manage advertising I don't know.... but scheduled TV programs at certain times of day will be a thing of the past.

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

@Jakes

Going back to the conversation about length of the show and speculation that Jared is looking for shorter seasons, here is what Jared said at Houscon. The conversation arose because someone suggested 30 years. It starts at about 16:00 in.

Jared: "I would consider it with the caveat"...then he's interrupted by a fan shouting Ruby, some riffing on the kids being 18 by then. Then he says:

"in all honesty, whatever life bring us, I would love to do either a movie of sorts, or 4 to 6 episode story line of sorts for a long, long time. 22 months...22 23 episodes is a lot. nine months, being away from the kids, my boy's going to be in kindergarten next year. So that's diifficult. But if it could like , "Hey guys we need you for two or three months and we'll do shortened seasons like Stranger Things or True Detective or something or we're delving into a SL,  we need you for two months, three months for a 90 minute movie or a couple episodes...a Gilmore Girls thing."  (riffing about DOOL and Gilmore Girls" .Then Jared says, "As long as you guys keep watchin,g we'll keep, "but the crowd is loud and I can't discern the rest. 

Then Jthe crowd quiets and Jensen goes on to say, "Let's just say as of right now we don't have a magic number. Uh, we still love doing what we do, and as long as there's  people like you out there  giving us a reason to do it, who knows".

MO, Jared is stating what he wants to fans and I don't see why that wouldn't be what he's telling his representation to angle for  during negotiations. Jensen is nodding in agreement which tells me he concurs with Jared on this. 

Then Jared later in a con this season, he's saying he hasn't signed a new contract and that the fans should tell TPTB if they want a s14.

So I don't think it's fanon telephone game or outlandish fan reaction to think shortened seasons are part of their current negotiations for upcoming seasons.  YMMV

Meh,  I still don't think they are trying to go for short seasons...just Jared musing.  But if you think differently fine--I don't expect we will see SPN with any short seasons except maybe to end with 300 if they do that.  Anyway that's my view.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Going into the future I think everything will be streamed - TV on demand.  How they'll manage advertising I don't know.... but scheduled TV programs at certain times of day will be a thing of the past.

Eventually, yes, I agree. But, I the past is a little way off yet, IMO. More to the point, I don't think it will change before Supernatural ends.

Edited by DittyDotDot
5 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Meh,  I still don't think they are trying to go for short seasons...just Jared musing.  But if you think differently fine--I don't expect we will see SPN with any short seasons except maybe to end with 300 if they do that.  Anyway that's my view.

I see it that way too. Nothing Jared said makes me think they are actively pursuing shorter seasons. I think both of them are just leaving all of their options open.

I did not like the Gilmore Girls reboot, so I'm not thrilled with the idea of Supernatural doing something like that. But it may just have been my hatred of Rory, not the format, that made me feel that way.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Netflix seems to do a good many 8-10 episode series runs.  It'd be nice if Netflix picked it up if ever the CW passes or the actors want out of the 22-23 ep stretch.  

I think the current re-runs on Netflix do very well for them as do the ones on TNT. So who knows, maybe Netflix would be interested IF WB agrees with the format and outlet.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jakes said:

And that would be s14 which they are currently not signed on for at this time AFAIK. So if they decide to stop at 300, then a shortened 14 is the way to go. And that's been discussed as Jensen and Bob Singer mentioned. IMO, Jared laid out a sound rationale for shortened seasons so Jared would be willing to go beyond another season or so. It also comports with both Jensen and Bob Singer talking in that EW article last September about a 13 episode season to get to 300.  I think it's more than a musing.

Tangential to the boys winding things down, Creation has a two cons next year without J2. 

10 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Tangential to the boys winding things down, Creation has a two cons next year without J2. 

Really? Are these cities that have had the boys at the cons normally? The Js do seem to go to a huge number of cons, so maybe they decided to cut back a bit.

6 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Really? Are these cities that have had the boys at the cons normally? The Js do seem to go to a huge number of cons, so maybe they decided to cut back a bit.

It will be Indianapolis and Cleveland. Not sure if they have done those before.

3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

It will be Indianapolis and Cleveland. Not sure if they have done those before.

These are two new cities. Cleveland is happening the weekend that has traditionally been Toronto Con, which is not happening in 2018. I don't think the total number of cons for J2 has changed. It will be interesting to see how the attendance goes without J2, and also if the ticket price changes. I know I wouldn't spend 'gold pass' money on a con if Jensen wasn't attending.

• Love 2

I just got the chance to watch the Vancouver panels.  I have a question... was there any fan reaction to Jensen saying he'd do a romcom with Misha ('give them what they want in a way they didn't expect it)? I don't want to encourage 'wank' but I was curious how that comment was received.

1 hour ago, SueB said:

I just got the chance to watch the Vancouver panels.  I have a question... was there any fan reaction to Jensen saying he'd do a romcom with Misha ('give them what they want in a way they didn't expect it)? I don't want to encourage 'wank' but I was curious how that comment was received.

I saw competing factions reading that different ways on Twitter and Tumblr at least. 

J2 crowd glommed onto Jensen saying he threw up a little bit after saying it, meant J2 were totally joking and they would never do it and it was basically insulting Misha

Cockles/Destiel crowd was all 'YAS, See Jared totally ships Cockles/Destiel and Jensen will do it" and Jensen was totally joking about the "throw up a little".

My impression was: Jared would totally direct a comedy with Misha and Jensen and Jensen would do it. Whether that means

the romcom was between Misha and Jensen or some other format is hard to say.

Jensen also said he'd love to do a Western.

Spoiler

If I were more conspiracy minded I would almost think that was a bit of spoiler about stuff this season but I doubt.

Here is the panel for you all to judge for yourselves.

It starts about the 14 minute mark. 

12 minutes ago, SueB said:

I'm pretty sure they are going to negotiate the "future of the show" in this year's negotiation. See clip at 1:25.

That's the impression I had from Jared back in HousCon in Feb, (see my above posts).  I think they are looking for shorter seasons as part of that negotiation.

LOL "It's raining men"? Jensen...do you.....know what you are saying? LOLOLOL

Edited by catrox14
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

My impression was: Jared would totally direct a comedy with Misha and Jensen and Jensen would do it. Whether that means

the romcom was between Misha and Jensen or some other format is hard to say.

Jensen also said he'd love to do a Western.

What I heard: Jared explained why he wasn't interested in comedy and said he'd like to do a fantasy movie, like Supernatural. The rest, to me, sounded like J2 joking around saying whatever popped into their heads.

Edited by auntvi
clarity
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, auntvi said:

What I heard: Jared explained why he wasn't interested in comedy and said he'd like to do a fantasy movie, like Supernatural. The rest, to me, sounded like J2 joking around saying whatever popped into their heads.

He doesn't want to be in a comedy but he was on board with directing one. And I think he would just so they could all three make something ridiculous. That's what I think. I think Jensen was serious about a western though.

• Love 2

Question:  I know Mark S. is still appearing at cons through this year (IIRC he said he was contracted through the end of the year), but has he been hanging around with the others at the cons or just doing his panels and photo/autograph ops and then disappearing?  I know he used to (sometimes) play drums with Rob's group but haven't seen any videos from the latest concerts--is he still doing that this year?  If he's not socializing with the others, I'd be more inclined to believe the rumors of bad blood backstage.  Just curious.