Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

I haven't checked re the others but it is absolutely not true that Mark unfollowed Jensen. He still follows him and Jared. I checked. 

No. See above

I have screenshots to prove this but they are too big to attach. So here is a link to when I Tweeted them

https://twitter.com/Geordiegirl1967/status/869845737449848832

That's really weird because I don't see Jensen on Mark's list that he follows when I checked like 10 minutes ago. I see Jensen follows Mark still.  Maybe we can't see everything?

(edited)

Mark talking about Misha being aspirational is pure compliment...that he is worth aspiring to be like.  There is NO evidence that Mark dislikes any of the cast.

Check out JessMorelli1984 on twitter--talked to Mark at the Con and Mark says LOVES the show, cast and fans.  Just lazy writing and boredom.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

I haven't checked re the others but it is absolutely not true that Mark unfollowed Jensen. He still follows him and Jared. I checked. 

No. See above

I have screenshots to prove this but they are too big to attach. So here is a link to when I Tweeted them

https://twitter.com/Geordiegirl1967/status/869845737449848832

He unfollowed Jensen (on June 4th i think), check again if you dont believe me.

(edited)

I hate not having access to a proper computer! So, based on posts in this thread, Mark has unfollowed Jensen as well as Misha, and @Geordiegirl1967 was commenting with outdated information as the unfollowing only happened yesterday?   

Edited by Wayward Son
1 hour ago, blodynhaul said:

He unfollowed Jensen (on June 4th i think), check again if you dont believe me.

I checked on 31st and he followed him then. But you are right - he isn't there now. Tho he still follows Jared, Gen, Danneel and loads of others from the show including Jim M who he had a spat with the other day on Twitter. It is very odd. I don't know what is going on but he has definitely unfollowed Jensen in the last 3 or 4 days which leaves an even worse taste in my mouth about his behaviour. Whatever happened I am pretty sure it won't have been Jensen's fault.

6 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I hate not having access to a proper computer! So, based on posts in this thread, Mark has unfollowed Jensen as well as Misha, and @Geordiegirl1967 was commenting with outdated information as the unfollowing only happened yesterday?   

Looks like this is correct.

(edited)

I find the whole thing very strange if I'm honest. Unless Mark and Jensen have had some sort of spat in the past week (which I highly doubt) why didn't he just unfollow Jensen when he unfollowed Misha? I find it especially bizarre since he said at this weekends con he bears no ill will towards the cast only the poor writing.

Edited by Wayward Son
18 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I find the whole thing very strange if I'm honest. Unless Mark and Jensen have had some sort of spat in the past week (which I highly doubt) why didn't he just unfollow Jensen when he unfollowed Misha? I find it especially bizarre since he said at this weekends con he bears no ill will towards the cast only the poor writing.

I doubt this means anything--he's probably not too focused on who all is in or out of his follow list or when.  Don't think we can read into Mark's mind from this.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

I'd agree except that Mark has unfollowed Misha on Twitter. As he still follows the rest of the cast and crew (the Js, Jim M etc) that seems a pointed action. Of course Twitter has been known to randomly unfollow people for no apparent reason so it could just be a glitch.

He's apparently unfollowed Jensen, Rob and Richard. 

Ive yet to see come across anyone who has an issue with Rob, so I don't think it means anything other than Mark seems to be distancing himself publicly from the show. 

• Love 1

Ive yet to see come across anyone who has an issue with Rob, so I don't think it means anything other than Mark seems to be distancing himself publicly from the show. 

I agree. And Jensen doesn`t tweet a lot anyway. Mark S. might have kept on following JP for charity stuff. I doubt he wants to keep up with the latest picture of some service worker or other that ends up there in regular intervals. 

I think a much more interesting question will be how Mark P and Misha will get on (assuming Cas isn't dead) if Mark P is to take Mark Ss place as a regular. Misha is a VERY committed Democrat. Mark P strongly holds some pretty bizarre extreme right wing views (tax is theft, democracy=tyranny of the majority etc).

On Firefly Adam Baldwin and Alan Tudyk had the same problem and I believe they got along by simply not having such discourses. No idea if Misha and Mark P. can do that but it doesn`t have to preclude an amicable work relationship.

1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

Mark is following hundreds of people, I doubt he even knows who all is or isn't on that list.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SueB said:

Pretty impressive with only 85 postings. 

This is what I love about Jensen and social media - he really only seems to use it for happy things and sharing a little of his life with the fans. He's the only celeb I have on 'notification' (I get a text when he posts), because I'm 99.999% sure that when he does, it's going to make me smile.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Jensen passed the 5 million followers mark on Instagram this weekend. ♥

https://www.instagram.com/jensenackles/?hl=en

nExcP4b.gif

4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

This is what I love about Jensen and social media - he really only seems to use it for happy things and sharing a little of his life with the fans. He's the only celeb I have on 'notification' (I get a text when he posts), because I'm 99.999% sure that when he does, it's going to make me smile.

He's been so savvy with his SM. That's why I think he really does manage it himself, like he's the one typing the words and hitting send. LOL

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

nExcP4b.gif

He's been so savvy with his SM. That's why I think he really does manage it himself, like he's the one typing the words and hitting send. LOL

ITA. He's said himself that it's all him, and I would have to hear otherwise from his own mouth to believe that's changed. Besides, each and every one of his tweets and IGs are just so Jensen. :)

• Love 5
16 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

Those girls are absolutely beautiful!  They really are a gorgeous family.

They look like a mini-Danneel and a mini-Jensen in this pic. ♥

1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

With the position of Arrow's arm it almost looks like she's taking the picture.  They are so cute.

Ha! It so does!

• Love 3
18 hours ago, catrox14 said:

'Supernatural's Jensen Ackles Is a Seriously Adorable Dad

Jensen Ackles, star of the CW's "Supernatural" series, has an adorable Instagram that prove he's the cutest dad ever to his three kids.

http://www.parents.com

Isn't it great to see something like that in Parents.com? We hardly see any mention of either of our stars in general media.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Isn't it great to see something like that in Parents.com? We hardly see any mention of either of our stars in general media.

Yup. That's why I brought it over. It seemed like an unusual place to find a mention of him. It's usually an industry rag, or gossip thing like People.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Damn, Mark. The salt continues to spill and be set aflame

To be fair the person also got Mark Pellegrino's account wrong too. They accidentally went for a mispelt "pelligrino". So, I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Parks just wasn't good at using twitter and the only reason Jensen and Misha's accounts were correct is the fact their usernames are just their names with no underdashs etc. The only accounts that weren't straightforward were Jared's and Samantha Smith's.

Yes, it's a bit silly of Kevin Parks to not double check the accounts, but I feel Mark has decided to find a personal slight where none was meant.

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

To be fair the person also got Mark Pellegrino's account wrong too. They accidentally went for a mispelt "pelligrino". So, I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Parks just wasn't good at using twitter and the only reason Jensen and Misha's accounts were correct is the fact their usernames are just their names with no underdashs etc. The only accounts that weren't straightforward were Jared's and Samantha Smith's.

Yes, it's a bit silly of Kevin Parks to not double check the accounts, but I feel Mark has decided to find a personal slight where none was met. 

Kevin Parks is supposedly THE go to guy for all things SPN minutae. He's the first AD. This is pretty bad. LOL

• Love 5
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Kevin Parks is supposedly THE go to guy for all things SPN minutae. He's the first AD. This is pretty bad. LOL

Oh, I'm not denying that it looks bad! He really should have taken a minute to double check the correct accounts were linked. All I'm saying is that IMO his mistake was a result of carelessness rather than some sort of deliberate slight against Mark Sheppard.

• Love 2
(edited)

That's just over sensitive on Sheppard's part imo specially when their social media guy misspelled Pellegrino's name as well.

I'm gonna go on a limb and guess contrary to what everybody might think, whatever happened between Sheppard and the Writers/Producers recently was the last straw as opposed to it being the actual and only reason for his departure.

And given their history, I can see both Ackles and Collins having reacted in a different manner if the issue was black and white.

I think, while Sheppard like any other actor can understandably be pissed with the way his character is handled, here he may have projected a rather excessive view of his sense of self-worth towards the show which may have ruffled the feathers of the children who are writing this show over in L.A and in return they dumped his character to perhaps send of message of "shove it" to Sheppard.

Which is a shame if true.

Edited by The Morning Star
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, catrox14 said:

And last I looked, Kevin didn't respond in any way, not even an oops. 

7 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Kevin Parks is known for show minutae, not necessarily for knowing every Twitter account linked to the show off the top of his head.  I'd say it was probably an honest mistake on Kevin Parks' part--I have no idea how savvy Parks is with Twitter--and if this had been the only thing Mark probably wouldn't have thought one thing about it. But when you're already disgruntled, everything starts to look personal, IMO. 

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

double check the correct accounts were linked. All I'm saying is that IMO his mistake was a result of carelessness rather than some sort of deliberate slight against Mark Sheppard.

Since we don't know these people including Mark or Parks, maybe Mark's reply is more that he's not surprised it's wrong, even if it is a simple oversight.

Edited by catrox14
posting via my phone went wonky
  • Love 2

I don`t think it would have been a big deal if the producers had done the common courtesy exit interviews and acknowledgment the actor of a longtime regular character usually gets. But if everything about your exit is handled with careless disinterest, how can the response by anything but a bitter eyeroll? Throwing together some twitter handles without checking and getting it wrong shows how much you care. Sorry, but IMO, it does. People who give a fuck usually invest a tiny bit of effort into things they give a fuck about. At the very least they would offer a little apology but hey, don`t strain something, BTS-folks.  

• Love 8
(edited)

Well, this is a damn interesting series of Tweets about Jensen from John Rogers who is a writer  The Librarians, and Leverage.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Well, this is a damn interesting series of Tweets about Jensen from John Rogers who is a writer  The Librarians, and Leverage.

John Rodgers isn't just a writer for Leverage and The Librarians, he's the showrunner and a very cool dude as far as I can tell. I think Jensen did okay, in the end, though. ;)

• Love 1
Just now, DittyDotDot said:

John Rodgers isn't just a writer for Leverage and The Librarians, he's the showrunner and a very cool dude as far as I can tell. I think Jensen did okay, in the end, though. ;)

Ah, I was just going by his Twitter profile. I didn't realize he was the showrunner.

Oh I think Jensen did well.

I'm not posting it like 'Oh Jensen should have dumped SPN" or anything like that. I just thought it was interesting. Also interesting that a writer for the entertainment industry seems to be confirming that Jensen was actually offered Hawkeye.

My only hope (and prayer) is that Jensen loves acting enough to pursue some roles after Supernatural. I want him IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA some more. He's so talented, I'd hate to see him hang it up or just do voice roles like his dad.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I'm not posting it like 'Oh Jensen should have dumped SPN" or anything like that. I just thought it was interesting. Also interesting that a writer for the entertainment industry seems to be confirming that Jensen was actually offered Hawkeye.

I wasn't implying anything, just giving more information. I think because Jensen hasn't done anything but Supernatural for a few years now people assume no one knows his name or thinks of him for roles, I think this shows there are people out there running shows who do know who Jensen is. And, I think Jensen will be able to easily go on and do something after Supernatural if he so desires. 

1 hour ago, bethy said:

Jensen was offered Hawkeye? Like Avengers Hawkeye? Dang. That would've been awesome.

I don't know that he was actually offered Hawkeye, but I do know he was on a short list for the role, but since he's tied up with Supernatural, I don't think it went passed the short list stage, though. Jensen has mentioned once or twice now that he told his management not to send anything his way that they know he just can't do right now. So, I think some producers were thinking of him, then checked and found out he was unavailable and moved on to the next person on the list.

I do seem to recall he was offered Guardian's of the Galaxy--like it was basically a done deal, but they couldn't work out the scheduling conflicts.  

• Love 1
(edited)
29 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I don't know that he was actually offered Hawkeye, but I do know he was on a short list for the role, but since he's tied up with Supernatural, I don't think it went passed the short list stage, though. Jensen has mentioned once or twice now that he told his management not to send anything his way that they know he just can't do right now. So, I think some producers were thinking of him, then checked and found out he was unavailable and moved on to the next person on the list. do seem to recall he was offered Guardian's of the Galaxy--like it was basically a done deal, but they couldn't work out the scheduling conflicts.  

I was just going by the tweet from  Merrill Barr who was replying to John Rogers regarding Hawkeye. He's the one who said he was offered the part which sounds to me me a bit more than short list.

Jensen himself said he couldnt do GatG because of scheduling. I'm kind of glad that didn't work because IMO he could only have been Ajax, which was not a great part but  maybe with Jensen, it would have been a better character. I'm just waiting until Ryan Reynolds hands the keys over to Jensen when he decides to not do Deadpool 3 LOL.

Or you know...Batman

Edited by catrox14
(edited)
35 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I was just going by the tweet from  Merrill Barr who was replying to John Rogers regarding Hawkeye. He's the one who said he was offered the part which sounds to me me a bit more than short list.

Jensen himself said he couldnt do GatG because of scheduling. I'm kind of glad that didn't work because IMO he could only have been Ajax, which was not a great part but  maybe with Jensen, it would have been a better character. I'm just waiting until Ryan Reynolds hands the keys over to Jensen when he decides to not do Deadpool 3 LOL.

Or you know...Batman

I think you've mixed a couple films together here. Ajax was in Deadpool, GotG was Peter Quill/Starlord, and OMG I never knew he was up for that (assuming it was that role). That really breaks my heart if so. He SO could've pulled off the badass/smartass and humor/heart of that role. ::sob

ETA: I've heard him talk about Deadpool but not GotG.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
(edited)
50 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think you've mixed a couple films together here. Ajax was in Deadpool, GotG was Peter Quill/Starlord, and OMG I never knew he was up for that (assuming it was that role). That really breaks my heart if so. He SO could've pulled off the badass/smartass and humor/heart of that role. ::sob

ETA: I've heard him talk about Deadpool but not GotG.

I know the difference between GotG and Deadpool!  I wasn't paying attention enough to what I was typing as I was watching basketball and drinking beer. LOL. My bad. 

I don't know if he was up for Star Lord or not.

Jensen himself said he had read the script for Deadpool, he didn't say which part but I surmised that it could only have been Ajax because he wasn't going to be anyone else and it wasn't going to be Deadpool himself and he couldn't do that because of scheduling.

Lesson, don't watch basketball, drink beer and type at the same time.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1