Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

I  never understand why people don't LINK to the actual instagram on twitter. 

This is on Danneels story so it isn't shareable unless you are on instagram. A lot of people don't subscribe 

• Love 1

I've seen it all over TV and online news sites--they have Instagram Celebrities that are supporting Biden, showcasing the campaign on their Instagram sites.  This just started and the first celebrity is Misha today--he's talking to a top Biden advisor.  Saw Misha flashed on a news channel today.

• Love 2

I watched it.  It was good to see Misha, live and in person.  I was just a tad disappointed that when asked a direct question about what Biden would do, his guest deflected the question.  I know it doesn't look good to say "I don't know", and in reality she probably doesn't know, but it came across (to me) as typical political speak.  Still, good going, Misha.  His guest also commented on all the ❤️'s for Misha, all the 'I love you's'.  lol.  Girl don't come on Misha's insta and expect it all to be about you!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

EUpcO-2UMAAiC70.jpg

My dog's reaction, the first time she saw me in a mask, was pretty much this. She looked completely nonplussed. 

Edited by bethy
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, bethy said:

My dog's reaction, the first time she say me in a mask, was pretty much this. She looked completely nonplussed. 

I usually take mine off before I get inside and don't put it on until I get outside, but now you have me curious.  Must wear one in front of the cat and see if she notices/cares.

37 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I usually take mine off before I get inside and don't put it on until I get outside, but now you have me curious.  Must wear one in front of the cat and see if she notices/cares.

My cats don't care.  They just assume it's another stupid thing humans do that has nothing to do with them.☺️

• LOL 7

“It’s really heartbreaking that the show is ending this way,” he said from his home in Woodland Hills, Calif. “We’re not going to get to do a big finale because of COVID-19.”

https://qctimes.com/entertainment/television/davenport-native-enjoys-supernatural-tv-career-from-woc-to-cult-series/article_f8731434-742c-5393-96b9-d50bf71e0a4f.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

So it does sound like things are not going to go as planned.

• Useful 2
2 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

It does say they hope to continue filming in August. While I'm still skeptical about how it will go, I can't imagine TPTB would let the news that they wouldn't film the ending be made public in an interview like this.

• Useful 3
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It does say they hope to continue filming in August. While I'm still skeptical about how it will go, I can't imagine TPTB would let the news that they wouldn't film the ending be made public in an interview like this.

I don't think he meant they wouldn't film the ending but that they weren't going to film the one they orginally had planned.  That they have to change it and scale it way back to meet distancing requirements.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Yeah it basically means SPN won't end with everyone there--just enough crew to film the show and the actors...a big chunk of the production won't be there.   So it won't be a grand party like it should be to finish 15 years but they will be able to film it as written(not scaled back) once they get there with the smaller crew.   Too bad they won't have the whole huge production there to all celebrate 15 years.  But they will give us 2 complete normal episodes to give us a punctuation to 15 years. 

5 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Yeah it basically means SPN won't end with everyone there--just enough crew to film the show and the actors...a big chunk of the production won't be there.   So it won't be a grand party like it should be to finish 15 years but they will be able to film it as written(not scaled back) once they get there with the smaller crew.   Too bad they won't have the whole huge production there to all celebrate 15 years.  But they will give us 2 complete normal episodes to give us a punctuation to 15 years. 

I didn't see where he talked about a party for the crew.  It sounded to me like they weren't going to be able to film the episodes as they were originally planned.

• Love 3
On 6/19/2020 at 6:47 PM, ahrtee said:

Maybe it'll be better!  I never had a lot of hope for the "intended" ending.  

Coming in late but I was JUST thinking this. I would love if they had to change things if it means JA is happy along with JP. 

• Love 3
(edited)

https://www.tvinsider.com/941274/ask-matt-penny-dreadful-perry-mason-supernatural-batwoman/

Matt Roush: These are hard questions to answer until we know just how and when prime-time production will get underway, and I'm more concerned about how they'll able to conduct business safely and confidently. But one thing's for sure: Supernatural will be a priority for the network and studio, and I assume you're referring primarily to Jared Padalecki, who'll move on from playing Sam Winchester to the title character of Walker. Wisely, The CW has announced the reboot of Walker, Texas Ranger will not premiere until midseason in January (which could still be wishful thinking), giving ample time for Supernatural to finish filming its remaining episodes. Whichever of the rest of the cast and production crew are associated with other projects, I'd think their contracts would put finishing Supernatural in first position. But again, it's hard to be definitive about anything until the industry gets back on its feet.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I didn't see where he talked about a party for the crew.  It sounded to me like they weren't going to be able to film the episodes as they were originally planned.

No, they weren't referring to a party - which granted will be sad, because that's one thing they won't be able to do, have a big blow out to thank everyone for 15 years. Those kind of events are going to be history for a long time.

But what I'm reading here is the feeling that getting back into Vancouver the end of this month isn't likely - and with the US numbers, that's not exactly a surprise. So they're hoping for August, but it could be September or later.

The other thing this seems to hint at is that the last two episodes may have been radically reworked, which they've certainly had time to do the last few months and, again, was something that was expected given the changes in place. And I get the feeling Showalter is afraid the end of this 15 year series is going to be a dud because of it. But a lot of us expected that even before a pandemic, especially given Jensen's initial feelings about the finale.

My fantasy is that due to the situation, Dabb and the Nep Duo had to rewrite their episodes to focus almost solely on the brothers - because that's how it should be anyway. No, it's not what Dabb would want, but given the restrictions, he may have to suck it up and go with it since that would certainly make it easier to shoot.

P.S. Good luck and good health to Sam Smith.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Love 10

23 TV Shows That Were So Perfectly Cast, They Deserve An Award Just For That

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alliehayes/tv-shows-with-perfect-casts?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bfsharetwitter

1. Supernatural

CW

"Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki are the reason this show has lasted for 15 years. They also have Misha Collins, who is great as Castiel, and Jeffery Dean Morgan was amazing as their father when he was on the show. The onscreen chemistry is just incredible!"

• Love 8
(edited)
4 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I'm sorry, I'm with Speight on this one. Doesn't Jared have a mirror?

He's on vacay.  I'm guessing the weed whacker will be needed before too long.

Also the advantage of face masks/bandanna's.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, PAForrest said:

Canada/US border closure extended to August 21.

So Showalter was right that they wouldn't get back earlier than the end of August. Chances the border closure could get extended beyond that are certainly high at this point.

I've thought all along that they wouldn't be able to start filming again until there is a viable vaccine.  That is at least a year away.  This virus is out of control in the U.S. and there is no political will to stop it.

6 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I've thought all along that they wouldn't be able to start filming again until there is a viable vaccine.  That is at least a year away.  This virus is out of control in the U.S. and there is no political will to stop it.

I doubt there will ever be a vaccine.  This is in the cold family which they've never really been able to do anything with.  

1 minute ago, Katy M said:

I doubt there will ever be a vaccine.  This is in the cold family which they've never really been able to do anything with.  

You may be right but there are some positive results from preliminary test groups.  Hopefully someone will at least come up with an effective treatment.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

You may be right but there are some positive results from preliminary test groups.  Hopefully someone will at least come up with an effective treatment.

I do think we'll see a vaccine by the end of the year or beginning of 2021 just because of how many labs across the world are working on it and trying to accelerate results. And there are positive results coming out, one maybe two trials that are going into the third phase, which is human testing, I think.

But I'm not sure waiting on a vaccine will be the deciding factor for shooting - I think it will be much lower COVID positivity rates. Isn't Canada already shooting some Canadian projects? I thought they started some weeks ago.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, PAForrest said:

Canada/US border closure extended to August 21.

So Showalter was right that they wouldn't get back earlier than the end of August. Chances the border closure could get extended beyond that are certainly high at this point.

I think it depends on if the Canadian government decides filmmaking is an "essential business."  It's certainly important to the economy of BC.  And since most of the crew and BTS people are already there, it just depends on if they allow the stars/directors etc. to come from America (even if they require them to quarantine).  There's still the problem of keeping cast and crew safe (and socially distanced) during filming and post-production, of course, so there's no clear answer.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

So this is pure speculation but Jared and family have been on a pretty extended remote vacation (looks to me outside of Texas).  I was wondering if he might be self isolating/quarantining himself while heading towards Canada.  Jensen appears to still be in Austin though...he and Danneel were promoting voting today.  Maybe if they self isolate here in the States and then do 2 weeks quarantine in VC they might be able to throw a couple of episodes together quickly.  I don't know about the rest of the cast/crew though. 

3969448b7071260d7eeea3146d08267d312623bc

If the last two episodes focused entirely on the Winchester brothers (with Canadian guest stars) that might end up being a win win for everyone.

Also I can't see how Walker can proceed until Texas gets it's act together.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Wasn't it last year at Comic Con that they had a "surprise" visit from Kansas to perform "Carry On Wayward Son"? Glad they didn't wait until the final season...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Wasn't it last year at Comic Con that they had a "surprise" visit from Kansas to perform "Carry On Wayward Son"? Glad they didn't wait until the final season...

2017 it was an awesome moment.  Wish I'd been there....

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

2017 it was an awesome moment.  Wish I'd been there....

Time flies when you're having fun! I imagine the show has put a pretty penny into their pockets. Bet they're glad they OK'd the rights to the song. 🙂

• Love 2
(edited)

So the Toronto Blue Jays (baseball for non fans) have been denied approval to play in Toronto.  I really can't see how there is going to be filming in Canada anytime this year.

edit* All of Baseball is being played w/o fans, outdoors, tons of social distancing. Other than Toronto all other teams are in the U.S. Canada does not want American teams coming into Canada.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Useful 2
16 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

So the Toronto Blue Jays (baseball for non fans) have been denied approval to play in Toronto.  I really can't see how there is going to be filming in Canada anytime this year.

edit* All of Baseball is being played w/o fans, outdoors, tons of social distancing. Other than Toronto all other teams are in the U.S. Canada does not want American teams coming into Canada.

I hope* that they can handle filming differently, since most of the crew and usually the extras/guest actors are Canadian. If self-isolating happens with the American actors coming in, I can see there being exceptions. The baseball team can't isolate 14 days before every home series. And, alas, there aren't many Canadians on the Blue Jays.

*I hope it for Jensen and Jared. They deserve closure on 15+ years of their lives.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Baseball is problematic because players and teams come and go. I would think with a strict 14-day quarantine for a small number of actors it could work. And they stay until they are done. 

Maybe it could work if the cast and crew stay on set the entire time. Everyone stays in travel trailers, food and supplies are delivered..no one is allowed to leave for at least 4-6 weeks.

Having said that I think that they should just wait until they can do the finale some justice.  Walker is dead in the water at this point (since it's being filmed in Austin) and Jensen hasn't announced any future plans other than his album. Misha sounds like he is going to hang up acting and go into politics.  Just wait and see if we can find the will to get a handle on this dam virus.  I really don't want to see them half ass the finale just to get it done.

• Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Maybe it could work if the cast and crew stay on set the entire time. Everyone stays in travel trailers, food and supplies are delivered..no one is allowed to leave for at least 4-6 weeks.

Workers are allowed to go home.  They just don't want anyone going back and forth into a Covid hotspot (ie, crossing the border).  So as long as the US actors stay in Vancouver for the time they need to film, it should be all right.  They can even bring their families as long as they have a place to stay for the 14 days self-quarantine and then observe the rules in place in BC.  (Of course, that presumes they allow them to come in the first place and allow filming at all.)  

I'm not sure they'll be able to "do the finale justice" at any time in the reasonable future, and maybe closure would be better for everyone.  

Edited by ahrtee
Clarification.
  • Love 3