Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

If you've ever been to a Highland Games and seen a caber-toss, it's pretty impressive.  Basically like picking up and tossing a telephone poll (and they lift it unassisted).

A friend and I have been to many Highland Games. I loved listening to bagpipes, watching rugby and the Scottish dancing. Also loved the caber-toss, but was disappointed that the guys wore shorts under their kilts. 😉 Oh well, a family affair and we probably watched the actual toss more closely. 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I hate these polls because they invariably end up with Swan Song or French Mistake at the top. 

I would like to see them choose episodes that are fun to watch and kind of stand alone's.  Nightshifter, Monster Movie, Changing Channels, Yellow Fever.... the fun episodes.  French Mistake is funny but the gag gets old before the end of the episode.  And Swan Song has become so redundant it's kind of embarrassing anymore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Is this the appropriate place for me to ask for help finding a con video? It’s the one where something is on the tip of Jared’s finger but the camera’s can’t pick it up for the big screens. So Jensen takes a picture of it and zooms in to hold that up toward the camera. And it just looks like a penis 😂

Thanks in advance for any help!

• LOL 1
11 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

And Swan Song has become so redundant it's kind of embarrassing anymore.

Not to mention that absolutely none of it means anything in light of 'new canon'. It definitely suffers on the re-watch, like 90% of the series thanks to Andre Badd. The stand-alones are the only things that will stand the test of time thanks to him.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, takalotti said:

Is this the appropriate place for me to ask for help finding a con video? It’s the one where something is on the tip of Jared’s finger but the camera’s can’t pick it up for the big screens. So Jensen takes a picture of it and zooms in to hold that up toward the camera. And it just looks like a penis 😂

Thanks in advance for any help!

I seem to remember they were driving in a vehicle on the way to that one - so maybe a Dallas con?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Not to mention that absolutely none of it means anything in light of 'new canon'. It definitely suffers on the re-watch, like 90% of the series thanks to Andre Badd. The stand-alones are the only things that will stand the test of time thanks to him.

I'm glad that season two is my favorite. A lot of Kripke's canon still stands given the lack of angels and the last season for Sam's visions. Season 3 even stands apart from the current canon.

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I seem to remember they were driving in a vehicle on the way to that one - so maybe a Dallas con?

There are still pictures of them driving to Houston in 2017, Valentine's Day.  Could that be it?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Why did the tweet from Baby make me 😭 more than the empty chairs?

It is really starting to get to me that we're losing something very special. Re: Baby, I'm assuming they're going to each get one. (I believe I read that somewhere) I imagine they'll ship them home.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

It is really starting to get to me that we're losing something very special. Re: Baby, I'm assuming they're going to each get one. (I believe I read that somewhere) I imagine they'll ship them home.

I think it was at a con when Jared said Jensen would be getting the Hero car or #1 and he would be getting (or he wanted) the #3 car.  The #2 car is a stunt car apparently.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Well, if the cars have Baby's superpowers, they can drive them from Vancouver to Austin in, what, 2 hours?  

• LOL 6
9 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Wow! That went really fast.  Last day of filming...

He does say there are still three days to shoot on the road, so not entirely done, but it does sound like they're done in the studio. Wow, yeah, that was fast.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Still three more days of location shooting. Which means the last scene isn't in the bunker or a sound stage. Interesting. 

And "Baby" also said she had shot on the process stage for the last time (is that the same as soundstage?). That was pretty specific, so maybe the last scene is inside or outside the car? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Still three more days of location shooting. Which means the last scene isn't in the bunker or a sound stage. Interesting. 

Scenes aren't shot in order, and location shoots have to be arranged according to access and other factors.  That doesn't mean that the last scene shown is the last scene shot.

It does, however, mean that they won't get a final wrap all together in the studio, with a final farewell to cast and crew. 😢

3 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Scenes aren't shot in order, and location shoots have to be arranged according to access and other factors.  That doesn't mean that the last scene shown is the last scene shot.

It does, however, mean that they won't get a final wrap all together in the studio, with a final farewell to cast and crew. 😢

Normally they don`t shoot sequentially. But they both said as early as Comic Con that for an additional final day would be set aside to shoot the final scene. And shoot it last. That way, you get maximum emotion out of the actors and then make it easier on them by them not having to go back and shoot things that happen earlier. 

I don`t believe that approach has changed.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

Normally they don`t shoot sequentially. But they both said as early as Comic Con that for an additional final day would be set aside to shoot the final scene. And shoot it last. That way, you get maximum emotion out of the actors and then make it easier on them by them not having to go back and shoot things that happen earlier. 

I don`t believe that approach has changed.   

Sorry, I forgot that (or didn't hear it).  So maybe the final scene is them (or one or other other of them) out on the open road.  But if they're aiming for emotion, then a happy ending doesn't seem likely, does it?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Sorry, I forgot that (or didn't hear it).  So maybe the final scene is them (or one or other other of them) out on the open road.  But if they're aiming for emotion, then a happy ending doesn't seem likely, does it?

I think the "happy ending" will be relative and probably poignant. It will all depend on your favorite and how he is treated in the end as well as if you are a fan of brothers at the hip or not. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Res said:

I think the "happy ending" will be relative and probably poignant. It will all depend on your favorite and how he is treated in the end as well as if you are a fan of brothers at the hip or not. 

My definition of "happy ending" has been revised a lot over the years here.  Right now it's more of a "peace when you're done" ending.  Poignant is fine, as long as it's not one left behind sobbing.  And if they're talking about wringing maximum emotion, I'm guessing it's not the two riding off into the sunset together or even settling down, separately or together.  

If it's a location shoot for the final scene, all I can picture is another version of Swan Song, and that makes me kind of nauseous, no matter which brother is left behind.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

My definition of "happy ending" has been revised a lot over the years here.  Right now it's more of a "peace when you're done" ending.  Poignant is fine, as long as it's not one left behind sobbing.  And if they're talking about wringing maximum emotion, I'm guessing it's not the two riding off into the sunset together or even settling down, separately or together.  

If it's a location shoot for the final scene, all I can picture is another version of Swan Song, and that makes me kind of nauseous, no matter which brother is left behind.

Mine, too, but IMHO both brothers have proven they can live on without the other. One better than the other, IMHO, so I have no worries on that on. I too do not see driving off together into the sunset. Definitely another Cluck Song.

4 hours ago, ahrtee said:

You have no idea how much I hope you are wrong!!!!!! I'm not sure I can stand another one of those. Anything would be better than that!!! 😞

5 hours ago, FlickChick said:

You have no idea how much I hope you are wrong!!!!!! I'm not sure I can stand another one of those. Anything would be better than that!!! 😞

I don't know.  My ideal, I think, would be Jack and Chuck jumping/falling into the cage.  Jack can save the world (fine with me!) and the boys can ride off into the sunset, after shedding a few tears, of course.  Cas can take over either heaven or the Empty.  Dabb's choice.  I'd be OK with that.  Which is why I don't expect it.  

• Love 2
355e276e4c158397ef43976a953f241d0a5d71d9

blue_jesse: @jensenackles, @jaredpadalecki, #supernatural, #stunts, #stuntdouble, #family, #brothers, every once and awhile someone comes into our lives who inspire and prove to us that we can truly live without the confines of our personal limitations. There are absolutely no limits here... Fellas, It has been a remarkable 8 years with you. Thank you.
Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Why on earth would Clif get one? I can see why Jared, if only to keep the wank down. But Clif? That's just ridiculous. 

That's  a real head scratcher.  I think if they had extras, Misha would get one first.  Or EK.  Or even Alex.  I'd think they would need about 100 for Clif to get one.

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Why on earth would Clif get one? I can see why Jared, if only to keep the wank down. But Clif? That's just ridiculous. 

I agree Baby was the Winchesters only real home for 8 years until they found the Bunker, Clif is a just a friend of the actors.  Most of the other comments were about Misha getting one...fans!😒

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

That's  a real head scratcher.  I think if they had extras, Misha would get one first.  Or EK.  Or even Alex.  I'd think they would need about 100 for Clif to get one.

Cas really didn't have that much of a connection with Baby.  I think Misha should get Cas's pimpmobile. 😊

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Where does he say Clif is getting one?  From how I read it(and I could be wrong that's why I'm asking) He says three are driveable, one for each of the boys and the other(I assume the third) going to the WB in LA.  Wouldn't that mean two for the boys(Jensen and Jared) and the one left going to the WB in LA(presumably for potential use as a prop/for appearances/museum/etc because it's an iconic car now).  

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
Just now, tessathereaper said:

Where does he say Clif is getting one?  From how I read it(and I could be wrong that's why I'm asking) He says three are driveable, one for each of the boys and the other(I assume the third) going to the WB in LA.  Wouldn't that mean two for the boys(Jensen and Jared) and the one left going to the WB in LA(presumably for potential use as a prop/for appearances/museum/etc because it's an iconic car now).  

A fan asked Mitch if Clif was getting one.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

I think it was just that the question itself was weird.  Why would anyone think Clif would get one?

• Love 3