Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

Eh, I’m really not all that surprised. Show is often shitty towards Misha on screen and off -shrugs- 

I think he was excluded because TPTB killed him off in the previous season finale and they wanted to maintain the illusion. Not because of some personal slight. 

Although, I’ve always thought SPN is a sweet gig for Collins. I’m curious, why do you think he’s treated poorly?

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Bessie said:

I think he was excluded because TPTB killed him off in the previous season finale and they wanted to maintain the illusion. Not because of some personal slight. 

Although, I’ve always thought SPN is a sweet gig for Collins. I’m curious, why do you think he’s treated poorly?

They also killed off Ketch. And Misha's return was an open secret. 

Neither Alex nor Samantha are there either. We knew Mary survived the rift, and we saw fully-formed Jack. I know all three are working actors but you'd think they would have made a point to be there for 'picture day'. I just don't believe they weren't invited. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Neither Alex nor Samantha are there either. We knew Mary survived the rift, and we saw fully-formed Jack. I know all three are working actors but you'd think they would have made a point to be there for 'picture day'. I just don't believe they weren't invited. 

Yeah, I'm guessing they just weren't there the day the photo was taken. I'd guess it was taken when they were filming War of the Worlds. Samantha and Alex weren't in that episode at all and perhaps Misha had already wrapped for the episode when they took the photo? Getting that many people together to take a photo must be a nightmare, so I'm not sure it's the show's fault that Misha wasn't in it.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2
On 12/4/2017 at 9:46 AM, catrox14 said:

I posted the afternoon panel up thread just a bit.

Just watched this panel.  What a difference it makes when Jared isn't so manic. Enjoyed this panel. 

Fans asked interesting questions for the most part.  We've heard about the knee stab many times but still fun to hear again.

1 hour ago, DittyDotDot said:

Yeah, I'm guessing they just weren't there the day the photo was taken. I'd guess it was taken when they were filming War of the Worlds. Samantha and Alex weren't in that episode at all and perhaps Misha had already wrapped for the episode when they took the photo? Getting that many people together to take a photo must be a nightmare, so I'm not sure it's the show's fault that Misha wasn't in it.

I get trying to get a photo for the whole cast and crew is tricky. Presuming it was taken during 13.07, in which Misha was in half the episode with scenes opposite Mark P for the majority of the episode, barring Misha needing to be on a plane to elsewhere or a family thing on the day they took the photo, I can't see why he's not in the photo given he lives 2 hours by car from Vancouver.

Alex lives in Vancouver.  Maybe he was out of town this day but if he was in town seems like he could have popped in for the cast photo. Samantha is the only absence I can find a good reason given she lives in L.A. so maybe she was back in L.A.

4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

8 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I get trying to get a photo for the whole cast and crew is tricky. Presuming it was taken during 13.07, in which Misha was in half the episode with scenes opposite Mark P for the majority of the episode, barring Misha needing to be on a plane to elsewhere or a family thing on the day they took the photo, I can't see why he's not in the photo given he lives 2 hours by car from Vancouver.

Alex lives in Vancouver.  Maybe he was out of town this day but if he was in town seems like he could have popped in for the cast photo. Samantha is the only absence I can find a good reason given she lives in L.A. so maybe she was back in L.A.

I guess I just don't get the outrage. It's an office photo and someone is always missing from those--I would also guess that many key crew members are missing too--doesn't mean they were purposely excluded. Seems to me whoever was on set that day is in the photo and I'd guess Misha just wasn't there that day for whatever reason. I don't think this is some big "picture day" event, but probably just take the picture when they have a moment between shooting and it's convenient. It would be too hard to get all those people organized for anything else, IMO.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Yeah, Ketch/David's face is all bloodied up in the pic, so it makes sense it was taken during 13.07, so it is extra-weird that Misha isn't in it. I would've bet the farm it was him under the ? at the time.

ETA: To clarify, I don't think for a minute it was any intentional slight that Misha isn't there. I rarely wish that any of them get involved with fan wank, but sometimes it would just be a kindness to his overwrought fans if Misha just said something. Some of the comments on this tweet are outrageous.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I guess I just don't get the outrage. It's an office photo and someone is always missing from those--I would also guess that many key crew members are missing too--doesn't mean they were purposely excluded. Seems to me whoever was on set that day is in the photo and I'd guess Misha just wasn't there that day for whatever reason. I don't think this is some big "picture day" event, but probably just take the picture when they have a moment between shooting and it's convenient. It would be too hard to get all those people organized for anything else, IMO.

. Misha is not a minor actor on the show. He's had more appearances than anyone not named J2. He's been critical to the storytelling.it's peculiar at best. Has he ever not been on the cast photo prior to this season? I really don't know.

Perhaps Misha himself doesnt care that he's not in it, since he did tweet out the picture himself and joked about who was missing.

I agree with @gonzosgrrrl that it would be helpful if his absence was addressed by him.

24 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

. Misha is not a minor actor on the show. He's had more appearances than anyone not named J2. He's been critical to the storytelling.it's peculiar at best. Has he ever not been on the cast photo prior to this season? I really don't know.

Perhaps Misha himself doesnt care that he's not in it, since he did tweet out the picture himself and joked about who was missing.

I agree with @gonzosgrrrl that it would be helpful if his absence was addressed by him.

Maybe he's just smart. There's far more chatter about him *not* being in it than there would be if he was. ;)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Maybe he's just smart. There's far more chatter about him *not* being in it than there would be if he was. ;)

Heh. That's true. Maybe it was all a strategy on Misha's part. That would be pretty funny if it's true. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Misha is not a minor actor on the show.

I'm not suggesting he's not. Again, I just think he didn't happen to be on set that day. Doesn't diminish his role on the show nor does it strike me as a big deal. I don't even think it would be a big deal if Jared or Jensen weren't in the photo. This isn't a promotional photo or even a photo for the fans; it's all about the crew, if you ask me. So, Misha not being in it really doesn't worry me at all.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

As Shakespeare once said - much ado about nothing.  This is the silly side of fandom.  He wasn't there that day.  That's it.  Nothing devious or intentional. 

Misha fans need to chill sometimes.  

The same could easily be said about Jensen fans or Dean fans who find every little thing an insult somehow, same with Jared and Sam. This fandom in general could do with chilling sometimes  LOL 

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Maybe it wasn't a big deal to him.  I don't see why it needs to be addressed.  He is busy with Random Acts and political things too.  I think he is a grown man and being butt hurt about not being in a picture is beneath him. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

The same could easily be said about Jensen fans or Dean fans who find every little thing an insult somehow, same with Jared and Sam. This fandom in general could do with chilling sometimes  LOL 

Why bring others into this conversation?  Does everything have to be a comparison between fans/actors/characters?  Not everything is an insult or should be taken as one.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Diane said:

Maybe it wasn't a big deal to him.  I don't see why it needs to be addressed.  He is busy with Random Acts and political things too.  I think he is a grown man and being butt hurt about not being in a picture is beneath him. 

I don't think for a minute Misha is butthurt - but a good portion of his fans seem to be. I said I thought it would be a kindness to them, from him, to assuage their butt-hurtedness. :)

Well, I think butt-hurt is a bit much. LOL. Let's be real. If Jared or Jensen weren't in cast and crew photo, it would trigger a fandom meltdown with demands to know why either weren't there. Similarly, I don't think it's unreasonable for Misha fans to question his absence. And it probably didn't help that a mystery figure was highlighted on the photo which turned out to not be Misha as I think most were guessing it would be. The fact that it's freaking Ketch (no offense to DHJ intended), certainly didn't help LOL.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Well, I think butt-hurt is a bit much. LOL. Let's be real. If Jared or Jensen weren't in cast and crew photo, it would trigger a fandom meltdown with demands to know why either weren't there. Similarly, I don't think it's unreasonable for Misha fans to question his absence. And it probably didn't help that a mystery figure was highlighted on the photo which turned out to not be Misha as I think most were guessing it would be. The fact that it's freaking Ketch (no offense to DHJ intended), certainly didn't help LOL.

It is Jared and Jensen's show, not Misha's.  So I see a big difference in it. OYMMV.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Diane said:

It is Jared and Jensen's show, not Misha's.  So I see a big difference in it. OYMMV.

And no one here has said it's Misha's show? I didn't say that. 

Misha is a critical cast member and has been for 9 years and over 100 episodes, longer than anyone besides J2. Misha does have millions of fans and some/MANY only watch SPN for Misha and Castiel. Shocking but true nonetheless so I get why they question it. I questioned it. and I'm a Dean fan first.

Edited by catrox14
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

And no one here has said it's Misha's show? I didn't say that. 

Misha is a critical cast member and has been for 9 years and over 100 episodes, longer than anyone besides J2. Misha does have millions of fans and some/MANY only watch SPN for Misha and Castiel. Shocking but true nonetheless so I get why they question it. I questioned it. and I'm a Dean fan first.

I am not seeing all this questioning?  Last post on this, not going to beat a dead horse. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Diane said:

I am not seeing all this questioning?  Last post on this, not going to beat a dead horse. 

Okay well you are asking me about the questioning so I'm going to answer.

Fans are asking Fisher and Jim Michaels directly on the Tweet that Fisher posted which Gonzo posted just upthread a bit. You might not be seeing it if you're not on Twitter. Perhaps you missed my posts upthread which is how this  whole conversation here got started because I myself was side-eying/questioning it.

Edited by catrox14
1 minute ago, scribe95 said:

I think it does Misha/Jensen/Jared no good to wade into these minor fan issues or squabbles. If I were them I would just try to stay above it all. 

Eh, Misha did kind of poke the bear on this one though. So why wouldn't fans respond.

• Love 2

I think TPTB are rubbing their hands together in glee.  The fact that a 13-year-old show is creating so much Twitter babble and fandom wars is giving them more publicity than the network would ever dream of.  

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Eh, Misha did kind of poke the bear on this one though. So why wouldn't fans respond.

Exactly. I assumed when he tweeted it that it was him behind the ??? It never even occurred to me it might be somebody else. But obviously, he knew it wasn't and that it would be that much more surprising when it was revealed. Yep, more and more I think he knew just what he was doing :)

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Exactly. I assumed when he tweeted it that it was him behind the ??? It never even occurred to me it might be somebody else. But obviously, he knew it wasn't and that it would be that much more surprising when it was revealed. Yep, more and more I think he knew just what he was doing :)

You may be on to something here. He's pretty clever.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I’m only two minutes in, but I wonder how much the baby name Jensen start gaining in popularity because of this show?

Edited by Jeddah
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, nightwing877 said:

Hmm wonder if this is a sign Ellen might be back in the AU later this season?

I'll happily sign up for that.  I loved Ellen.  I wish that Ellen/Bobby marriage had actually been a real thing.  They were perfect for each other and were two of my favorite characters.  Ellen didn't take any shit from anyone!

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, nightwing877 said:

Hmm wonder if this is a sign Ellen might be back in the AU later this season?

Why not? Seems like they could have Ellen and Jo both in the AU. OHHHH Dean falls for Jo in the AU....LOL no thank you. That would be a bad choice.  Besides they already have had Bobby married to Ellen in the Titanic episode.

6 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I'll happily sign up for that.  I loved Ellen.  I wish that Ellen/Bobby marriage had actually been a real thing.  They were perfect for each other and were two of my favorite characters.  Ellen didn't take any shit from anyone!

I didn't care for Bobby and Ellen or even the hints of Bobby and Jody. I guess I just didn't think Bobby was good enough for either one of them. LOL  I still ship Jody with Sam.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Why not? Seems like they could have Ellen and Jo both in the AU. OHHHH Dean falls for Jo in the AU....LOL no thank you. That would be a bad choice.  Besides they already have had Bobby married to Ellen in the Titanic episode.

Maybe even Ellen's husband who died in the normal universe could be alive. 

I liked Jo much better as an ally than a love interest. It is too bad she died. If she stayed, then we may never have gotten Claire or Charlie on the show. They killed off Jo and Ellen way to early and didn't develop them enough.

11 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I really loved Ellen too. Her and Jo were basically the original Wayward Sisters. Too bad they died, I might enjoy a series based on them with Jody thrown into the mix. Actually I would be 100% on board if they did a spin-off based around Bobby, Ellen, Rufus and Jo. 

• Love 6

There's a slightly different set of photos on Daneels Instagram where JJ is Jensen just looking right at you in the bottom right shot.  For some stupid reason it always slightly freaks me out when I notice anyone's resemblance like that lol

I enjoyed the character of hard-nosed hunter Ellen, she made sense and so did her 'Hunters' Bar' with Ash sleeping on a pool table.  But Kripke didn't like the idea and blew it up which is a shame. I always though it worked in earlier seasons.  Not so much now, of course,  Sam and Dean are light years away from ordinary hunters.

If Ellen's returning hopefully it's in the AU because her & her daughter's death scene was one of the saddest ever.  They can never recapture that kind of gut emotion now because death doesn't mean a bloody thing any more on the show.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I enjoyed the character of hard-nosed hunter Ellen, she made sense and so did her 'Hunters' Bar' with Ash sleeping on a pool table.  But Kripke didn't like the idea and blew it up which is a shame. I always though it worked in earlier seasons.  Not so much now, of course,  Sam and Dean are light years away from ordinary hunters.

If Ellen's returning hopefully it's in the AU because her & her daughter's death scene was one of the saddest ever.  They can never recapture that kind of gut emotion now because death doesn't mean a bloody thing any more on the show.

Agree with all of this, especially the last paragraph. I have no issues with Dean & Sam coming back. IMO, each of their deaths & resurrections were well plotted and mostly logically explained within the mythology of the show (Red Meat notwithstanding). Even Cas' first and second resurrections were necessary and good for the plot. But again, IMO anyone else should be fair game, and what's dead should stay dead. There is zero payoff in killing anything or anyone any more.

There are a multitude of heartbreaking and sad scenes in this show, but for me, 5x10 is the single saddest start-to-finish episode of the series. Man, it killed me.

As for burning down the Roadhouse - I've read that it was because Kripke didn't want the static 'base' for the boys? I wonder what he thinks of the bunker? Has he ever said?

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, catrox14 said:

This chart would imply a lot

https://www.thebump.com/b/jensen-baby-name

These are the stats from the Social Security website- they track names. It's more official than the bump. https://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/babyname.cgi. Bother. It's not giving me the correct web address. Anyhow, Jensen has gone from below the top thousand before 2008 to 365 in 2016.

Edited by mertensia
  • Love 1

Oh well, I wasn't counting Sam and Dean of course.  I was gutted at Dean's I'm Proud of Us scenes and an absolute snot nosed wreck for days. No one does dying like Jensen.

It's kind of cool that we know Crowley will never be back.  I think that's why I miss him so much.  Otherwise I'd be thinking - oh well, he's probably got that thigh thing.  

I read or heard somewhere that Kripke came up with the hunters' bar and then just as quickly went cold on the idea.  Hunters sitting around cleaning their guns - didn't work for him.  It actually worked for me in the early days.  As did Bobby with his line up of phones on the wall.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, mertensia said:

These are the stats from the Social Security website- they track names. It's more official than the bump. https://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/babyname.cgi. Bother. It's not giving me the correct web address. Anyhow, Jensen has gone from below the top thousand before 2008 to 365 in 2016.

One of my favourite soap actresses was also a Jensen (Jensen Buchanan) - I had never heard the name before her, and thought it was such a nice name! SPN connection: Jensen played Vicky Hudson, married for a time to Grant Harrison, who was also married to the nutjob, Cindy Harrison: aka, Kim Rhodes.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

It's kind of cool that we know Crowley will never be back.  I think that's why I miss him so much.  Otherwise I'd be thinking - oh well, he's probably got that thigh thing.  

Ehhh. We only know that Crowley won't be back in the form of Mark Sheppard. I don't put it past the show to put him in a new vessel in the AU.

• Love 1

Fans who record panels are my heroes.  I'll never make it to a convention so it's beyond awesome to have the panels available on YouTube.

However, I tried to watch a bit of this weekend's Gold Panel and had to stop.  Either the person recording or someone sitting next to her has the most annoying laugh.  It's like Jerry's girlfriend on Seinfeld. I wish things like this didn't drive me to distraction. I'll have to grit my teeth and bare it because it looks like a fun panel.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Fans who record panels are my heroes.  I'll never make it to a convention so it's beyond awesome to have the panels available on YouTube.

However, I tried to watch a bit of this weekend's Gold Panel and had to stop.  Either the person recording or someone sitting next to her has the most annoying laugh.  It's like Jerry's girlfriend on Seinfeld. I wish things like this didn't drive me to distraction. I'll have to grit my teeth and bare it because it looks like a fun panel.

It gets better (or less annoying) as the panel goes on.....the two year old however........

• Love 2

I watched Gold and the person talking and answering questions did finally stop. The child crying was annoying though - even if his/her name was Jensen. Even though I have heard it before there was more info on when they first met that I really enjoyed. And the lock-picking stuff was funny. Also Jensen reacting to when others drive Baby was good. 

• Love 2