Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

Really, PR? I would think Jack and Lucifer were the leads given the placement of them here.

I thought maybe it was in order of the significance of a character in each of the first 5 episodes but I don't see that working either.

13.1 was Dean/Sam/Jack but I guess since it was the intro of Jack he's first?
13.2 was Sam/Jack centric w/Dean and a dollop of Mary, Lucifer/Michael. I mean why not have Mary on there??
13.3 was Patience with Dean/Jody propping and Sam/Jack at the bunker. I guess Dean is okay on here but kind of a strange choice when 13.5 was very Dean-centric. I would have swapped Dean and Sam's positions.

13.4 was Cas in the Empty and Dean/Sam/Jack therapy, so I get why Cas is on there.

13.5 was brothers but Dean centric (again I would have flipped Sam and Dean here)

Edited by catrox14
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Really, PR? I would think Jack and Lucifer were the leads given the placement of them here. 

I guess it’s a matter of perspective. To me Dean at the centre suggests he’s the lead. Kind of like Dean’s the king and the others are his guard of honour haha. 

Although I do think it’s probably more along the lines of what you said about it relating to which episode the character is significant in than some sort of message about the shows leads haha.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I guess it’s a matter of perspective. To me Dean at the centre suggests he’s the lead. Kind of like Dean’s the king and the others are his guard of honour haha. 

Although I do think it’s probably more along the lines of what you said about it relating to which episode the character is significant in than some sort of message about the shows leads haha.

If Dean's head was bigger and he had a more "warrior" like pose instead of sitting at a table looking up at Patience's father, I might agree. To me Dean, Cas and Sam all look smaller than Jack or Lucifer.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

If Dean's head was bigger and he had a more "warrior" like pose instead of sitting at a table looking up at Patience's father, I might agree. To me Dean, Cas and Sam all look smaller than Jack or Lucifer.

What I might find interesting is the fact everyone but Dean is looking straight ahead at the viewer. Is the Dean pic meant to be side eying Lucifer? Haha

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

What I might find interesting is the fact everyone but Dean is looking straight ahead at the viewer. Is the Dean pic meant to be side eying Lucifer? Haha

HA! If only CW PR had half a brain to do that. No, I think they just randomly picked pictures and put them on there.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, scribe95 said:

You guys are making me want an op!!!

I am keeping an eye on tickets every day. Good info on buying second-hand if necessary. With Gold you essentially get two J2 panels instead of just one? Is that right? 

I think  would like to hear from a few other cast members - probably Saturday/Sunday would be our plan. A Sunday only with photo op sounds in my realm. I just worry they would sell out before then? 

Thanks everyone for humoring my con questions!

Yes, be sure to buy any photo you want as soon as it comes on the site, or they'll be gone in a flash. You can buy a reserved seat for specific days if you want to. Those also should be bought immediately since Sunday usually sells out and the longer you wait, the further back you'll be for the same price.

9 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

The only thing for sale right now is Gold. I hesitate to buy the photo op until some other options are available...

Depending on who the op is, I'm 100% certain you could easily sell a Jensen, Jared or Misha op should it turn out you don't go. 

25 minutes ago, SueB said:

I gotta say, having Dean at the center and Sam off to the side looks far more insulting to Sam fans than Dean fans.  But... PR guys just put together cool graphics. 

Where? Which graphics?

IMO Dean being in the center with a smaller head than any of them, not looking at the camera or taking a hero's pose undermines the idea that he's the focus IMO. 

I agree that Sam being shunted off to the side is weird which is why I said in my OP that if it's a montage of pics from the order of the eps then they really should have swapped Dean and Sam. But reading left to right, it looks like Jack and Lucifer are the #1 and #2 guys.. Cas and Sam are at least facing the camera and Sam has some L'oreal hair action, so he has that going for him. LOL

Dean looks like he's pleading someone for something ...LOL

Jack looks an ambiguously evil character and Lucifer just looks like his asshole self. LOL

1 hour ago, scribe95 said:

The only thing for sale right now is Gold. I hesitate to buy the photo op until some other options are available...

If you know you are going to go, buy the photo ticket now because it won't be available when the individual day seats go on sale. Later, they will have individual reserved/general admission tickets for sale for each day of the convention. You just need to watch for them to open up those seats. And yes, you will have no problem selling a photo ticket in the event of something not working out.

54 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Depending on who the op is, I'm 100% certain you could easily sell a Jensen, Jared or Misha op should it turn out you don't go. 

Excellent point. I think I might pull the plug on Jensen photo op and wait for cheaper admission tickets. Happy birthday to me!

• Love 2

I`m halfway convinced Dabb is hoping people watching Lucifer (on Fox) will just watch SPN by mistake. Sorry (not sorry) but I don't care for either of them, Lucifer or Spawn on the banner. I'll never understand Dabb's obsession with the character over an original, new big bad.

If the PR team in charge of that banner are part and parcel of the team running their social media, I should probably be grateful Dean is on there at all.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1

Well, from a design perspective:  the two outer figures are looking outward to the side; the next two figures are looking straight ahead (slightly angled to face outward) , and the middle figure...well, I guess they wanted a different direction for him, and it was better than looking up! :)  (Though maybe they could have Misha looking up.)  They could also have had the middle figure looking straight ahead, but then fans would get insulted if they thought that meant that placement was more important than the others.  And in order to keep the symmetrical design:   \ [ ^ ] /  [sorry I couldn't get straight lines...] they have to have an odd number of pictures.  ( I kind of like the two end ones facing outward but their eyes looking inward, to bring the viewer's eyes back to the others.) 

Since we've been discussing the potential change to a more "ensemble" show, maybe this is their new cast?   My only thought:  if this *is* their idea of their ensemble cast, I'm outta here. :) 

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Since we've been discussing the potential change to a more "ensemble" show, maybe this is their new cast?   My only thought:  if this *is* their idea of their ensemble cast, I'm outta here. :) 

Well it is the closest to an ensemble this show will go since the poster contains J2 and the three currents series regulars. I honestly can’t see the show ever becoming a true ensemble in the sense that someone other than J2 will be in every episode. 

ETA: I put some further thoughts on this in the  Speculation thread. It has no reference to released spoilers or even storylines in general, so it’s pretty safe for anyone to look at :) 

Edited by Wayward Son

I would say the current cast hiearchy, based on the credits, is:

- Jared Padalecki (Id say him and Jensen are pretty much evenly regarded in every way that matters, but he is placed first on a technicality since he’s first on the call sheet). 

- Jensen Ackles 

- Misha Collins (He has the AND credit. On any other show his credit would actually be better than Jensen’s, but since he’s only in 11-13/23 episodes he’s still far below J2. In addition to this, he seems to be involved in more promotional material such as Comic Con and interviews than Mark and Alexander) 

- Alexander Calvert (He comes before Mark in the credits)

- Mark Pellegrino 

Edited by Wayward Son
16 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I thought maybe it was in order of the significance of a character in each of the first 5 episodes but I don't see that working either.

13.1 was Dean/Sam/Jack but I guess since it was the intro of Jack he's first?
13.2 was Sam/Jack centric w/Dean and a dollop of Mary, Lucifer/Michael. I mean why not have Mary on there??
13.3 was Patience with Dean/Jody propping and Sam/Jack at the bunker. I guess Dean is okay on here but kind of a strange choice when 13.5 was very Dean-centric. I would have swapped Dean and Sam's positions.

13.4 was Cas in the Empty and Dean/Sam/Jack therapy, so I get why Cas is on there.

13.5 was brothers but Dean centric (again I would have flipped Sam and Dean here)

As a designer, I'd say Dean was the focal point of the poster on first glance, not only because he's in the middle, but he's also the only one looking left instead of more forward. The eye tends to go to what sticks out more so I noticed Dean first and foremost.

But, my snarky head started thinking they may have intended Jack and Lucifer to be grouped on one side with Sam and Dean on the other and Cass in the middle--which kinda makes sense--"Oh hell no!" said someone who knows this fandom. "You can't put Cass in the middle like that, it'll start a shit storm. Either Sam or Dean need to be in the middle." So the designer rearranged it ;)

However, I think you're on the right track given the "headline" is "First 5 Episodes," but I don't think it's who dominated the episode, but each is a still from one of those episodes and in the order they aired.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DittyDotDot said:

As a designer, I'd say Dean was the focal point of the poster on first glance, not only because he's in the middle, but he's also the only one looking left instead of more forward. The eye tends to go to what sticks out more so I noticed Dean first and foremost.

But, my snarky head started thinking they may have intended Jack and Lucifer to be grouped on one side with Sam and Dean on the other and Cass in the middle--which kinda makes sense--"Oh hell no!" said someone who knows this fandom. "You can't put Cass in the middle like that, it'll start a shit storm. Either Sam or Dean need to be in the middle." So the designer rearranged it ;)

However, I think you're on the right track given the "headline" is "First 5 Episodes," but I don't think it's who dominated the episode, but each is a still from one of those episodes and in the order they aired.

My eye went to Jack and Lucifer first. Probably because the caption below their faces is what stood out to me first so that's what I read and then noticed their faces.

Maybe it's the giant 5 right under Dean's pic that makes it look smaller.

On 11/9/2017 at 2:52 PM, Diane said:

He is doing SFcon and JIB it's on Twitter.

2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Since I’m fairly certain I remember reading a conversation about when Alexander will do his first con here’s the answer

I posted back on the 9th. 

I wonder if they added him in order to pull in new people?  (I'm guessing they also waited to see if he was going to be popular enough to make people want to see him...)

I was actually thinking of going to SF con, because I'm going to visit my sister there after Thanksgiving and thought about either changing or extending my dates to include the con, but decided it wasn't worth the money to me (even though the prices are cheaper there than they will be at the Denver con next year!)  I checked the site months ago, and again today, and it seems that the same seats are *still* available, including gold and silver, with only the prime (ie, center stage, close up) gold and silver seats gone--and those were probably pre-purchased from last year.  There are also still photo ops available from all participants, including the Js and all the sandwich shots--so it seems that the interest in the cons might be dying down.  

2 hours ago, ahrtee said:

I wonder if they added him in order to pull in new people?  (I'm guessing they also waited to see if he was going to be popular enough to make people want to see him...)

I was actually thinking of going to SF con, because I'm going to visit my sister there after Thanksgiving and thought about either changing or extending my dates to include the con, but decided it wasn't worth the money to me (even though the prices are cheaper there than they will be at the Denver con next year!)  I checked the site months ago, and again today, and it seems that the same seats are *still* available, including gold and silver, with only the prime (ie, center stage, close up) gold and silver seats gone--and those were probably pre-purchased from last year.  There are also still photo ops available from all participants, including the Js and all the sandwich shots--so it seems that the interest in the cons might be dying down.  

I think Creation is cutting their own throat with the insane ticket/photo op prices, but I also think this con is suffering due to timing, coming right on the heels of Hawaii con (this weekend). I can't imagine those traveling to HI are willing to get right back on a plane to SF.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

He is taking the place of Timothy Omundson I believe, who is still recovering from his stroke. 

• Love 1

The Hawaii con has the added bonus of a Jensen/Misha panel and Jensen is also singing, not to mention it's in Hawaii, so there's a built-in vacation right there.  I wonder why Jared wasn't paired with someone or it couldn't be all three together for a panel?

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think Creation is cutting their own throat with the insane ticket/photo op prices, but I also think this con is suffering due to the timing coming right on the heels of Hawaii con (this weekend). I can't imagine those traveling to HI are willing to get right back on a plane to SF.

IA about the insane prices, but I think there's a difference between "special destination" cons (like Hawaii, Vancouver or Las Vegas) that usually have more special events and draw people from all over the world, and the ones I think are aimed more at locals/nearby people.  (Yes, I would have much preferred going to Hawaii or even Vancouver, but only considered the SF con because I was already going to be nearby :) )

When I first looked at the SF con months ago, I was wondering if Jensen would be there, since that's the twins' first birthday.  I'm impressed by how much they honor their commitments! 

1 minute ago, Diane said:

He is taking the place of Timothy Omundson I believe, who is still recovering from his stroke. 

Ah, that makes sense.  Thanks.  

3 minutes ago, BlueSapphire said:

The Hawaii con has the added bonus of a Jensen/Misha panel and Jensen is also singing, not to mention it's in Hawaii, so there's a built-in vacation right there.  I wonder why Jared wasn't paired with someone or it couldn't be all three together for a panel?

I believe Jared and Misha are doing a 30 minute panel too.  Jensen and Misha's is also a 30 minute panel.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

IA about the insane prices, but I think there's a difference between "special destination" cons (like Hawaii, Vancouver or Las Vegas) that usually have more special events and draw people from all over the world, and the ones I think are aimed more at locals/nearby people.  (Yes, I would have much preferred going to Hawaii or even Vancouver, but only considered the SF con because I was already going to be nearby :) )

When I first looked at the SF con months ago, I was wondering if Jensen would be there, since that's the twins' first birthday.  I'm impressed by how much they honor their commitments! 

I still think a large percentage, if not a majority, of con attendees are not locals, so having such a new, unique and expensive con right before this one has to affect attendance.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I still think a large percentage, if not a majority, of con attendees are not locals, so having such a new, unique and expensive con right before this one has to affect attendance.

Maybe.  At the Denver con I went to, several of the guests opened their talks by asking the audience who's from Colorado and there was a pretty high percentage.  Among the people I spoke to, most came from within a day's (or at most two day's) drive, and they specifically came to Denver because it was the closest con to their home.  

I actually can't see too many people deliberately taking a vacation in Cleveland or Indianapolis or Secaucus NJ (nothing against any of those locations!) just to go to a con (except the serious con-goers, like the Fangasm people).  I always assumed that's why they have so many different locations--to get the locals who can't (or won't) go long distances.  

IA that Hawaii would draw more people, but IMO that would most likely affect *all* cons (people have spent all the con money on one big one!) and not just the next one.  *shrugs*  

• Love 3

I could go to Birmingham, but it's not luring me in - particularly cos it doesn't look like the recommended hotel and the venue are near each other (I'm safety conscious, what can I say?), and plus, it's Birmingham (sorry Brummies!) - Glasgow or Edinburgh woulda killed them?  What I am tempted by is this thought of a vacation/con in Montreal or Vancouver.  All I need now is to persuade someone to come with me!!

• Love 1

I wonder if CW is going to program during Olympics, it didn't in the past. But because they are programming on thanksgiving, I wonder if they might try doing it again. 

I'll be honest in that I hope they do, because I haven't liked how a majority of the CW line-up takes a whole month off in April past two years. I'm one who prefers less breaks closer to the end of the season, and would rather have those breaks during Feb/Mar.

If Wayward Sisters does well, I wonder if CW will renew Supernatural for Season 14 and pick up WS in February at the same time. Or will they wait for a few months before making a decision on the spin-off. I know the Originals got picked up almost immediately after the backdoor pilot aired. 

Yup, it`s Dec 7th. So, a solid month break (bit more) till the mid-Season Opener. 

Did anyone see this ?  Warner Bros and Kripke are in a lawsuit over, shall we say, creative accounting on Supernatural. You know, when studios have hugely profitable products but after all the fees, it suddenly still is a loss or barely breaks even. This is the first I heard of it with this show, though. 

Edited by Aeryn13
54 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Yup, it`s Dec 7th. So, a solid month break (bit more) till the mid-Season Opener. 

Did anyone see this ?  Warner Bros and Kripke are in a lawsuit over, shall we say, creative accounting on Supernatural. You know, when studios have hugely profitable products but after all the fees, it suddenly still is a loss or barely breaks even. This is the first I heard of it with this show, though. 

Oh wow.There has been a beef between AMC and the Walking Dead over a similar thing.  Huh. I wonder if this might impact the show staying on the air past s14. Like could WB just pull the plug to avoid paying Kripke?

24 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'd prefer two 11 block episode seasons a year - with the 11 episodes running consecutively and then a 3-4 month break.  Once we get past Christmas there are so many interruptions with 1/2/3 week breaks so the can show make  it to May sweeps. It's not good for ratings or invested viewers.