Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

(edited)

This is so cool! The Comic Con introduction, including the performance by Kansas. Recorded by Osric.

Sorry, wrong link.  This is it.

Edited by auntvi
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, auntvi said:

This is so cool! The Comic Con introduction, including the performance by Kansas. Recorded by Osric.

Sorry, wrong link.  This is it.

I love that the boys filmed this opening bit :) How cool to get to hear those iconic words spoken again. Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I love that the boys filmed this opening bit :) How cool to get to hear those iconic words spoken again. Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Man, I get all emotional watching that! That was awesome!

I'm just gonna take credit for the bit where the boys were driving to San Diego for why J2 didn't need to be on set for 4 days. It's in this thread somewhere. I'm counting that video as a win.

I love that Jensen was like Thank You when Jared said he was more like Wonder Woman. HEE.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Jensen, Jared and Misha portraits by Robby Klein

Whew!  Those are some pretty pictures!

3 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

Oh Jared! Your words will probably lead to the creation of hundreds of fanfics haha

I love how he can keep a straight face in the second and third gifs.  

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

tumblr_otmluz3YFs1rstq9ro1_540.jpg

tumblr_otmluz3YFs1rstq9ro5_400.giftumblr_otmluz3YFs1rstq9ro4_400.gif

tumblr_otmluz3YFs1rstq9ro2_400.gif tumblr_otmluz3YFs1rstq9ro3_400.gif

Oh Jared! Your words will probably lead to the creation of hundreds of fanfics haha

All the Amellecki shippers are pissed now. LOL

That said, OliDean? Sign me the fuck up. I would watch that all day everyday and twice on Sunday. I'll take some Deanlicity, too, if Felicity is into it. LOL. In fact, make OliDeanlicity!  So many fanfics.

Also, is Jared using 'waiter' in a non gendered way? Because if he's not...then is Jared saying Dean likes guys too, and HAHAHAHAHA. 

ETA: Yes I know Jared was joking.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
(edited)

I keep looking at the  formal pics and why they are so appealing to me.

Jensen just looks so ...serene and peaceful.  It's lovely.

Jared looks a little impish, like there is something brewing in his mind that says "shenanigans"

Misha is all smiley and cute. Like he's happy. 

Those boys.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Jared looks a little impish, like there is something brewing in his mind that says "shenanigans"

Those boys.

For me, the reasons the pictures are so appealing, is because they are the nearly the opposite of how I usually see the characters on the show.  Dean is usually stressed out, not peaceful and serene.  Sam is usually so serious, not playful.  And Castiel does not usually smile so bright and happy!  It's very lovely to see a different side of them.  

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Those boys.

IDK. There's something about his eyes that to me is conveying sadness or some kind of hidden pain or a burden of some sort. Maybe it's just me, though. The pic is still lovely, but IDK, the smile isn't really reaching his eyes. Not to me anyway.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Myrelle said:

IDK. There's something about his eyes that to me is conveying sadness or some kind of hidden pain or a burden of some sort. Maybe it's just me, though. The pic is still lovely, but IDK, the smile isn't really reaching his eyes. Not to me anyway.

Oh that's interesting. I looked at his eyes without seeing his smile and I don't see them as sad or burdened, I see peaceful. And then when adding the small smile. to me, Jensen just looks...quiet, softer than in many of his photos but not sad or burdened.  But hey everyone sees art differently :). 

(edited)
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Oh that's interesting. I looked at his eyes without seeing his smile and I don't see them as sad or burdened, I see peaceful. And then when adding the small smile. to me, Jensen just looks...quiet, softer than in many of his photos but not sad or burdened

It's interesting to me that he claims to just be a "simple man". I don't think so. To me, his facial expressions(and especially his eyes. Especially his eyes) often say otherwise. And I further believe that this is the main reason that Dean, as a character, has always resonated so strongly with me from the very first moment I laid eyes on him in that cabin scene in Devil's Trap all those many seasons ago. Even from the beginning,  and going strictly by how Kripke claimed to have envisioned him, Dean is not the kind of character that, before this show, would have ever stood a chance of being a favorite of mine; but Jensen has always imbued his character with such a wide range of emotions and such complexity that he has become just that for me and more. Dean has become my favorite fictional character of all time. Go figure.

I think I'm going to have to visit the Dean thread again very soon... ;-)

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, bettername2come said:

Aw Jared, I don't think you need to worry so much about taking that weight off, baby.

I wonder if Jensen was talking about Baby or another ep they recently filmed?  

Edited by RulerofallIsurvey
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Aw Jared, I don't think you need to worry so much about taking that weight off, baby.

I wonder if Jensen was talking about Baby or another ep they recently filmed?  

I think it was an ep that was recently filmed.  I'll post why in the spoiler thread.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Jensen looked  exhausted in the confessional video. Also MORE STUNT DRIVER JENSEN!  YAAAS!!!

And I seriously, LOL'd at Misha's comments about Bob Singer.

I was a bit disappointed by Misha's confession :( . The reason being that I had heard that story before. I'm not sure which one, but he's definitely mentioned it in an interview at some point.

2 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

I was a bit disappointed by Misha's confession :( . The reason being that I had heard that story before. I'm not sure which one, but he's definitely mentioned it in an interview at some point.

IMO he was throwing shade at Singer. What was disappointing about?

• Love 1
(edited)

YAAAAASSSS!!! I LOVE THIS SO MUCH.

You know what I love most about Lord Mesa's work. He gets Dean's hair color correct or pretty close. Dean's hair is not blonde. LOL

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

And the media blitz continues.  Wouldn't it be awesome if Dabb realized what a fan/media darling Supernatural is and actually craft a season worthy of it's talented stars and rabid fans.

After 12 seasons, you'd think they'd already know that, but I'd love it if they started to get more recognition and kicked up the writing a bit.  It'll help when we try to sell the idea to Netflix to keep the show going for shorter, more adult, seasons!

• Love 1

I figured that came from Holly Ollis because Chico is the worst at PR. Thank goodness, the show has Holly Ollis doing work for them. And I'm sure that's why they landed on Conan, too.

• Love 1
On 7/28/2017 at 5:55 PM, Casseiopeia said:

And the media blitz continues.  Wouldn't it be awesome if Dabb realized what a fan/media darling Supernatural is and actually craft a season worthy of it's talented stars and rabid fans.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/07/27/supernatural-stars-enjoy-family-business-being-comic-con-rock-stars/510021001/

I think Dabb knows and DOES craft a season worthy of it's talented stars and rabid fans. Just because a ton of people bitch about the show on the internet does NOT mean  they represent the majority of fandom. 

As Dabb said in the round-table interviews, they clearly lose viewers but then new ones find them.  It's extended the life of the show. Dabb is clearly grateful to be working on the program. 

• Love 7

Direct link to the full Hall H video:

And looking at the story, it's clear Peter Roth and the PR folks really put a huge effort into Supernatural against the industry norms of promoting new shows.  Very kind of the theatrical division to leave the screens and light-show up.

And now the blitz week makes sense.  They were building to this event. I'm so very grateful they boys got their due.  Honestly, while I would love to get them an award, this is about a massive a 'thank you' that any studio could offer up.  Warner Brothers REALLY brought their A-game. (Note: Holly works for WBTV, Suzanne works for CW). 

Note, I'm a blurry spot in mid-ground of the video at 4:45.  Not that you can see me, but I'm behind the three standing in the aisle next to the wheelchair. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SueB said:

I think Dabb knows and DOES craft a season worthy of it's talented stars and rabid fans. Just because a ton of people bitch about the show on the internet does NOT mean  they represent the majority of fandom. 

As Dabb said in the round-table interviews, they clearly lose viewers but then new ones find them.  It's extended the life of the show. Dabb is clearly grateful to be working on the program. 

I agree that the online fandom doesn't represent the entire fandom.  However the ratings pretty much tanked last season.  I don't think SPN picked up many new viewers as the core fans gave up.  Dabb and Singer realised that many storylines didn't work out too well.  They both seemed eager to move on (hence the bloodbath).  I applaud the fact that they are willing to move back to a smaller more personal story.

2 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I agree that the online fandom doesn't represent the entire fandom.  However the ratings pretty much tanked last season.  I don't think SPN picked up many new viewers as the core fans gave up.  Dabb and Singer realised that many storylines didn't work out too well.  They both seemed eager to move on (hence the bloodbath).  I applaud the fact that they are willing to move back to a smaller more personal story.

Do you read spoilers? I have a reply to this, but it belongs better in the spoiler thread, and I don't want to write up a reply you won't want to read because of them :) 

1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

Do you read spoilers? I have a reply to this, but it belongs better in the spoiler thread, and I don't want to write up a reply you won't want to read because of them :) 

Yes I do.  I will check out your response in the spoiler thread.

(edited)
4 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I disagree.  The ratings were sufficient for renewal, despite the 8 pm slot on Thursday night being both a poor fit for the maturity of the show and the it's audience's lifestyle.  This is not a show for tweens who go to bed at 10.  And it still beat last year's offerings at 8pm.

As Den of Geek put it just two weeks ago:

Supernatural might be the most immortal genre show on TV. At the CW's 2017 upfront event, CW President Mark Pedowitz described it as "indestructible." And with good reason. It has continued to take chances even though a show that's twelve seasons in doesn't necessarily have to, and it maintains one of the strongest, most loyal fanbases on TV. That's why the the fact that Supernatural Season 13 is a go for next fall should surprise nobody.

Doesn't sound to me like Pedowitz is worried about viewership.  And the WBTV just gave it a Comic Con presence unlike any other TV show that I've ever seen.  Very few TV shows make it to Hall H, and NONE of them get the use of the big screens/lighting/etc.  Yes, it was 'left up' gear, not JUST for SPN, but that's a big effort for a show whose 'ratings pretty much tanked'. 

I'm not arguing your personal opinion on whether or not the show has a good storyline, but implying the show is failing is not supportable IMO.  And killing off Castiel if a BIG risk IMO. So much of a risk that they didn't let that secret stay secret for long. But they are still taking a risk with his character.  Personally I hate it (I love Castiel so very very much, I don't want them touching him... but I'm willing to see where they go).  I never expected them to have Dean say he hates Mary and that was the PERFECT thing to do.  Because of COURSE a child having lingering resentment over a dead parent is a very complex psychological topic.  And the way they had Dean come to that realization and then forgive Mary was brilliant IMO.  

Finally, as for the new viewers... IDK.  Many like the binge approach. And with S12 showing up immediately on Netflix, I think that's a bit of a game-changer.  Again.  And Supernatural keeps taking these risks with it's viewership.  I would have thought they would have maintained the tradition of forcing people to wait until DVDs were out.  But the business model must support immediate release.  That's a pretty strong statement that they feel they are going to get BOTH Netflix and DVDs.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, SueB said:

I disagree.  The ratings were sufficient for renewal, despite the 8 pm slot on Thursday night being both a poor fit for the maturity of the show and the it's audience's lifestyle.  This is not a show for tweens who go to bed at 10.  And it still beat last year's offerings at 8pm.

Doesn't sound to me like Pedowitz is worried about viewership.  And the WBTV just gave it a Comic Con presence unlike any other TV show that I've ever seen.  Very few TV shows make it to Hall H, and NONE of them get the use of the big screens/lighting/etc.  Yes, it was 'left up' gear, not JUST for SPN, but that's a big effort for a show whose 'ratings pretty much tanked'. 

I'm not arguing your personal opinion on whether or not the show has a good storyline, but implying the show is failing is not supportable IMO.  And killing off Castiel if a BIG risk IMO. So much of a risk that they didn't let that secret stay secret for long. But they are still taking a risk with his character.  Personally I hate it (I love Castiel so very very much, I don't want them touching him... but I'm willing to see where they go).  I never expected them to have Dean say he hates Mary and that was the PERFECT thing to do.  Because of COURSE a child having lingering resentment over a dead parent is a very complex psychological topic.  And the way they had Dean come to that realization and then forgive Mary was brilliant IMO.  

Finally, as for the new viewers... IDK.  Many like the binge approach. And with S12 showing up immediately on Netflix, I think that's a bit of a game-changer.  Again.  And Supernatural keeps taking these risks with it's viewership.  I would have thought they would have maintained the tradition of forcing people to wait until DVDs were out.  But the business model must support immediate release.  That's a pretty strong statement that they feel they are going to get BOTH Netflix and DVDs.  

Thanks SueB the voice of reason.

• Love 4

Yes it just is NOT true that the ratings tanked.  Shows almost always go down year to year--Supernatural held up better than most shows in the CW and on all networks.  It has done the opposite of tanking.  A completely false charge.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, SueB said:

I apologize if I gave the impression that I thought the show was on the verge of cancellation.  It isn't.  Mark Pedowicz and Peter Roth have both said that the show ends when the J's are done (unless the ratings really tank).  The show would have to fall to a consistent .3 and even if that happened there would probably be a regime change if Jared and Jensen wanted to continue.  But the ratings do matter as far as budget goes.  The lower the ratings the less advertising dollars.  

No I don't like Dabb's vision.  The last 3 episodes of S11 and almost all of S12 were very disappointing although I agree about Who We Are, that scene with Jensen and Samantha was probably one of my favorites of the entire series (kudos Robert Berens) and Regarding Dean is also on my all time favorites list.

I also know that no one is going to pay any attention to my opinion.  Whether I love the show or not.

• Love 4