Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

http://www.dga.org/News/PressReleases/2015/150825-Episodic-Director-Diversity-Report.aspx

Ouch.  Not only is Supernatural on the "bad" list, it was on it last year, as well.  

The good news, if you can call it good, is that this only covers directors.  I wonder how many females/minorities work on the show, period.  That number must be around somewhere....

ETA  Wow, I never really gave it much thought.  I wonder why this is....

wVpzLRE.jpg

Edited by Demented Daisy

http://www.dga.org/News/PressReleases/2015/150825-Episodic-Director-Diversity-Report.aspx

Ouch.  Not only is Supernatural on the "bad" list, it was on it last year, as well.  

The good news, if you can call it good, is that this only covers directors.  I wonder how many females/minorities work on the show, period.  That number must be around somewhere....

ETA  Wow, I never really gave it much thought.  I wonder why this is....

wVpzLRE.jpg

Honestly, I'm hoping the retirement of Mr. Singer will result in greater diversity here.  It's not fair of me to blame Bob but he's the only EP who has been around since the beginning and he's got a rough "boys club" vibe to him.  I'm sure if I met the man I'd find him more open-minded and charming than I've built him up to be in my little internet world.  

As usual, I find statistics kind of pointless if the numbers aren't qualified. So, I'd be more curious to know if they were turning away female directors or if it's just that there aren't many female directors interested in directing a little horror show. 

As usual, I find statistics kind of pointless if the numbers aren't qualified. So, I'd be more curious to know if they were turning away female directors or if it's just that there aren't many female directors interested in directing a little horror show.

Or if some would be interested but personally can't stand the show so don't have the interest. I mean, if I were a director you could never get me to direct thirtysomething (if it was still around) because I detest that show too much to do it any justice.

That's why I posted without judgement.  I wonder the same thing -- especially considering the show has had multiple female writers and a female show runner at one time.

It's also worth considering that it's not entirely up to the show runner at the time.  Apparently, the choice of directors is made by the show runner, producers, network execs, and production execs.  (So, pretty much everyone from the WB on down has a say in who directs.)

• Love 1

Well, I've been personally lobbying Alice Troughton (who was my favorite Merlin director) to sign on. I think that these things come and go in spurts.  They line up the directors for the next season in the spring and it's by schedule, not by specific episodes, with a few exceptions.  Jensen gets #3*, Singer gets the opener or the finale or both.  They used to have Guy Norman Bee as a go-to guy for the mid-season or the finale but he seems to have fallen off rotation. I think Phil Sgriccia is now a go-to guy for key episodes.  Other than that, I think it's a negotiation between directors's managers and their schedules vs Supernatural schedules.  One of my favorites, Robbie McNeill, I think is so freaking busy we never get him anymore.  I think Badham has a soft spot for Supernatural so he makes himself available.  

So my theory has been to lobby BOTH Supernatural and iZombie to get Alice to come over. She does mostly British but if we can get her to plug into the Vancouver crowd, I think she'd be well employed.  She does action and character VERY well IMO.  

* A note on Jensen's episodes: I think they gave him EP4 the first time because they needed it Dean-light for his first foray.  Since then?  They've given him #3, whether or not it's got mytharc.  And while some have complained that he was given a bad script, I personally think he's proven he could handle the season opener if they let him.  He's certainly just as competent, if not more, than Bob Singer.  I know he likes Bob a lot, but I believe his real mentor was Kim Manners.  And we could use a more Kim Manners vibe to this show.  Of course, I think the dude makes about $150K-ish to act per episode and $40-$50K to direct per episode. So, he's in it for the challenge, not the cash.  I'm not sure he would ever do more than one.     

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1

I think female writers are a lot more common in the industry than female directors. Nearly all shows on that list had about the same ratio as SPN. I bet lots of shows never had female directors at all. 

And somehow I doubt it`s because thousands of prospective female directors keep getting turned away. The ratio for female lead roles for examples is also not equal. Female writers and showrunners are there but IMO are also still outnumbered by male collegaues. So no field had aquired total equality or female monopoly. But no field is also even close to this bad when it comes to directing.

IMO it`s an area women haven`t branched out yet en masse. And the idea of hardly any women working in it can be a turn-off right from the start because you already get the feeling how hard it`s probably gonna be. It`s not like other careers didn`t start out with a similar scenario. This data would be a lot more interesting in say five or ten years. I predict a turnaround by then. 

o my theory has been to lobby BOTH Supernatural and iZombie to get Alice to come over.

Interesting idea. They could have done it on iZombie when Bradley James was still on. Just to have a friendly face around. I liked her directing work on Merlin. Just in the end directors got an over-fondness for godamn slow-mo. I liked the Season 4 Finale and normally I do like slow-mo but holy overuse Batman. 

And while some have complained that he was given a bad script, I personally think he's proven he could handle the season opener if they let him.

He could still prep the week before, they wouldn`t need to shoot out of order and if necessary the second episode could be a bit light on Dean so Jensen can do post. No idea why they give him the crappy Bucklemming scripts which kinda always end up nr. 3 now. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1

I think female writers are a lot more common in the industry than female directors. Nearly all shows on that list had about the same ratio as SPN. I bet lots of shows never had female directors at all. 

And somehow I doubt it`s because thousands of prospective female directors keep getting turned away. The ratio for female lead roles for examples is also not equal. Female writers and showrunners are there but IMO are also still outnumbered by male collegaues. So no field had aquired total equality or female monopoly. But no field is also even close to this bad when it comes to directing.

IMO it`s an area women haven`t branched out yet en masse. And the idea of hardly any women working in it can be a turn-off right from the start because you already get the feeling how hard it`s probably gonna be. It`s not like other careers didn`t start out with a similar scenario. This data would be a lot more interesting in say five or ten years. I predict a turnaround by then. 

I think there is an ACTUAL class-action lawsuit that is pushing this issue (female directors) right now.  They are interviewing a bunch of female directors and getting the kind of statistics that would provide evidence that there is a gender bias.  But I think they are only pursuing those who specifically lost out on a job (i.e. DID apply) -- so that will be more relevant data I think.  

But I think they are only pursuing those who specifically lost out on a job (i.e. DID apply) -- so that will be more relevant data I think.

Interesting. But it`s also, what we call in Germany, "the curse of small numbers".

If 10 female directors applied for various jobs and 8 were turned down, the ratio looks pretty bad. If 80 male directors applied for those same jobs and 72 were turned down, that`s mathematically a worse rate. The data always gets more and more accurate the bigger your sample group is. If it is small to begin with, everything will look inflated one way or the other. Unfortunately my job includes doing a lot of statistical analysis where higher ups will always scream and moan about "bad numbers" but never take this very important factor into account.    

• Love 2

Or if some would be interested but personally can't stand the show so don't have the interest. I mean, if I were a director you could never get me to direct thirtysomething (if it was still around) because I detest that show too much to do it any justice.

I guess my point was, I don't think it's really a knock against the show if women aren't showing up to direct it. Now, if they are actively turning away directors simply because they are female and all, that's a whole different ball game, IMO.

* A note on Jensen's episodes: I think they gave him EP4 the first time because they needed it Dean-light for his first foray.  Since then?  They've given him #3, whether or not it's got mytharc.  And while some have complained that he was given a bad script, I personally think he's proven he could handle the season opener if they let him.  He's certainly just as competent, if not more, than Bob Singer.  I know he likes Bob a lot, but I believe his real mentor was Kim Manners.  And we could use a more Kim Manners vibe to this show.  Of course, I think the dude makes about $150K-ish to act per episode and $40-$50K to direct per episode. So, he's in it for the challenge, not the cash.  I'm not sure he would ever do more than one.     

I totally agree that Jensen could handle a premiere and I for one would love to see that happen. I also wouldn't mind seeing him tackle a couple different writer's scripts. 

Interesting. But it`s also, what we call in Germany, "the curse of small numbers".

If 10 female directors applied for various jobs and 8 were turned down, the ratio looks pretty bad. If 80 male directors applied for those same jobs and 72 were turned down, that`s mathematically a worse rate. The data always gets more and more accurate the bigger your sample group is. If it is small to begin with, everything will look inflated one way or the other. Unfortunately my job includes doing a lot of statistical analysis where higher ups will always scream and moan about "bad numbers" but never take this very important factor into account.    

So, you're telling me you have no faith in the Students-T distribution.  *huffs*  I don't know man, this could be a deal breaker.  (TEASING..... I just love a good math joke in the morning).

I heard they were interviewing 50 female directors. But of course that's not going to be relevant to actual numbers on a specific job.  Perhaps there will be some commonality in experiences that have relevancy.

As a female who works in a male dominated field (retired Lt Col, aerospace engineer, space business for 30+ years), I can tell you that the onesey-twoseys who females in any profession who make it to the very very top (like network runner) are not good statistical examples of the rest of the worlds' female population (let say, limiting that to the same socio-economic and educational background as a data set).  It's not that there is anything wrong (remotely!) with these women. It's just that the amount of drive, talent, and luck it took to beat the odds every step of the way makes them EACH very different. It's rare IMO to find a common path for each of these women that can be emulated by others.  

What will ultimately make the difference IMO, is the new forms of entertainment media that have watered down the importance of individual television series and major films.  THEN, I think, we will start to see more talented female directors getting a greater visibility and start to crack what I personally think is yet another glass ceiling. So... your 10 year prediction sounds about right.  

I only posted the "bad" list, though.  There is a corresponding "good" list including three shows that were at 100%:

BEST LIST

Being Mary Jane (Breakdown Productions Inc./BET/BET Productions, LLC) - 100%

The Game (Breakdown Productions Inc./BET/BET Productions, LLC) - 100%

Single Ladies (Grueville Productions LLC/BET/CT Media Holdings LLC) – 100%

The McCarthys (Remote Broadcasting, Inc./CBS/CPT Holdings, Inc., a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Television) - 93%

Ground Floor (Horizon Scripted Television Inc./TBS/Warner Bros. Television, a division of Warner Bros. Studio Enterprises) - 90%

Empire (Twentieth Century Fox Television/FOX/Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation)  - 82%

American Crime (ABC Studios/ABC/ABC, Inc.) - 80%

Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn (Uptown Productions Inc./Nickelodeon/MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International, Inc.) - 74%

Jane the Virgin (Eye Productions Inc./CW/CBS Studios Inc.) - 71%

The Following (Bonanza Productions Inc./FOX/Warner Bros. Television, a division of Warner Bros. Studio Enterprises) - 67%

Getting On (Home Box Office, Inc./HBO/Home Box Office, Inc.) - 67%

Homeland (Pacific 2.1 Entertainment Group, Inc./Showtime/Pacific 2.1 Entertainment Group, Inc., a subsidiary of FOX) - 67%

The Night Shift (Woodridge Productions, Inc./NBC/CPT Holdings, Inc., a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Television) - 64%

Younger (Jax Media, LLC/TV Land/Jax Media, LLC) - 64%

Stalker (Warner Bros. Television/CBS/Warner Bros. Television, a division of Warner Bros. Studio Enterprises) - 63%

The Fosters (Prodco, Inc./ABC Family/Prodco, Inc., a subsidiary of Disney) - 62%

Lab Rats (It’s A Laugh Productions Inc./Disney XD/It’s A Laugh Productions Inc., a subsidiary of Disney Enterprises, Inc.) - 62%

Instant Mom (Uptown Productions Inc./Nick Jr./MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International, Inc.) - 60%

Veep (Home Box Office, Inc./HBO/Home Box Office, Inc.) - 60% *

Blue Bloods (Eye Productions Inc./CBS/CBS Studios Inc.) - 55%

Nashville (Music City Productions, Inc./ABC/Lions Gate Television Inc.) - 55%

The Middle (Warner Bros. Television/ABC/Warner Bros. Television, a division of Warner Bros. Studio Enterprises) - 54%

Devious Maids (ABC Studios/Lifetime/ABC, Inc.) - 54%

See Dad Run (Uptown Productions Inc./Nickelodeon/MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International, Inc.) - 53%

Criminal Minds (ABC Studios/CBS/ABC, Inc.) - 52%

Girls (Home Box Office, Inc./HBO/Home Box Office, Inc.) -50%

Happyland (On-Site Productions Inc./MTV/MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International, Inc.) - 50%

Hart of Dixie (Bonanza Productions Inc./CW/Warner Bros. Television, a division of Warner Bros. Studio Enterprises) - 50%

Hit the Floor (Bling Productions Inc./VH1/MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International, Inc.) - 50%

South of Hell (SOH Productions, LLC/WE/Blumhouse Productions, LLC) - 50%

Suits (Open 4 Business Productions LLC/USA Network/Universal Network Television LLC) - 50%

Black-ish (FTP Productions, LLC/ABC/ABC, Inc.) - 48%

Awkward (On-Site Productions Inc./MTV/MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International, Inc.) - 48%

Young & Hungry (Prodco, Inc./ABC Family/Prodco, Inc., a subsidiary of Disney) - 47%

Sons of Anarchy (Pacific 2.1 Entertainment Group, Inc./FX/Pacific 2.1 Entertainment Group, Inc.) - 46%

Modern Family (Twentieth Century Fox Television/ABC/Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation)- 46%

12 Monkeys (Universal Network Television LLC/Syfy/Universal Network Television LLC) - 45%

Finding Carter (On-Site Productions Inc./MTV/MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International, Inc.) - 45%

Grimm (Open 4 Business Productions LLC/NBC/Universal Network Television LLC) - 45%

Bosch (Hold Fast Productions LLC/Amazon Prime/Hold Fast Productions LLC) - 44%

Chicago PD (Universal Television LLC/NBC/Universal Television LLC) - 43%

Cristela (Twentieth Century Fox Television/ABC/Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation) -43%

The Jack and Triumph Show (Universal Television LLC/Cartoon Network/Universal Television LLC) - 43%

Madam Secretary (Eye Productions Inc./CBS/CBS Studios Inc.) - 43%

The Mysteries of Laura (Warner Bros. Television/NBC/Warner Bros. Television, a division of Warner Bros. Studio Enterprises) - 43%

Fresh Off the Boat (Twentieth Century Fox Television/ABC/Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation) - 42%

The Odd Couple (Eye Productions Inc./CBS/CBS Studios Inc.) - 42%

Marry Me (Remote Broadcasting, Inc./NBC/CPT Holdings, Inc., a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Television) - 41%

Last Man Standing (Twentieth Century Fox Television/ABC/Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation) - 41%

Fakin It (On-Site Productions Inc./MTV/MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International, Inc.) - 41%

The Astronaut Wives Club (Produced Bayou, Inc./ABC/Produced Bayou, Inc., a subsidiary of Walt Disney Pictures) - 40%

Falling Skies (Turner North Center Productions, Inc./TNT/Turner Films, Inc.) - 40%

Hawaii Five-O (Eye Productions Inc./CBS/CBS Studios Inc.) - 40%

One Big Happy (Warner Bros. Television/NBC/Warner Bros. Television, a division of Warner Bros. Studio Enterprises) - 40%

Pretty Little Liars (Horizon Scripted Television Inc./ABC Family/Warner Bros. Television, a division of Warner Bros. Studio Enterprises) - 40%

The Returned (East River Productions Ltd/A&E/Omnifilm Entertainment Ltd) - 40%

Weird Loners (Twentieth Century Fox Television/FOX/Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation) - 40%

And, yes, 27 shows on the "bad" list had 0% female directors.  That could mean any number of things.

Some high-profile shows on the good list. So, I guess, it`s typical entertainment industry then, someone who knows someone etc. SPN seems to have a set of directors where only occassionally someone new (or old) comes in once or twice. Maybe most of the shows on the "bad" list roughly run in one circle and most "good" list run in different ones. It`s like Cheers where "everybody knows your name". Only. we have Cheers 1 and Cheers 2 here.

I remember listening to an interview with Guy Bee where he mentioned directing on TV is kind of incestuous. He got his start directing on ER which led him to Third Watch and Jericho. So, he got known within the circles for shows on NBC at that time. But then he did an episode of Veronica Mars, then Supernatural which led him to being tapped quite a bit for many other CW shows. It sounds like a lot of it is who you know, not what gender you are.

• Love 2

I remember listening to an interview with Guy Bee where he mentioned directing on TV is kind of incestuous. He got his start directing on ER which led him to Third Watch and Jericho. So, he got known within the circles for shows on NBC at that time. But then he did an episode of Veronica Mars, then Supernatural which led him to being tapped quite a bit for many other CW shows. It sounds like a lot of it is who you know, not what gender you are.

I was just going to mention that interview as well. It was really insightful.

• Love 1

Sooo I guess Bob Singer had a panel today and was grilled about Charlie and he essentially just repeated the BS about the story took us there, blah blah blah.

Apparently he also said Dean was 'mentally deficient".  Don't know if it's 100% true I am looIking for some videos to see the context. If that's what he thinks about Dean then that explains a lot of things about how they write him. I'll check back when I get more clarity.

Sooo I guess Bob Singer had a panel today and was grilled about Charlie and he essentially just repeated the BS about the story took us there, blah blah blah.

Apparently he also said Dean was 'mentally deficient".  Don't know if it's 100% true I am looIking for some videos to see the context. If that's what he thinks about Dean then that explains a lot of things about how they write him. I'll check back when I get more clarity.

Edited after watching video:

For Dean to pass on the MoC (before he had it spelled off): 'Dean .....would have to find someone like Cain did who be receptive of the Mark....of Dean Winchester's bravery, and stature, and ....mental deficiency.' (audience groany reaction) 'You know, who takes that on? It's very heroic but not the smartest thing he ever did."

So... it wasn't that bad.  But Bob was under fire the whole Q&A -- which didn't bother me a bit as he was pretty blase about the choices they make (IMO).

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1

Nope, I just listened to the clip. He did use those words.  It wasn't as generically bad as it could have bIt ween but it's certainly not great. It was about Dean possibly passing the MoC onto someone else.  

He said, "It would take someone of Dean's bravery, stature and mental deficiency." 

At that point the crowd got ansty and groaned. He then followed up with "It was heroic but not the smartest thing he ever did". Well, that's true but you had your character do it. So, whatever.

Take a listen for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uyV3w-dBOxA#t=640

Edited by catrox14

So... it wasn't that bad.  But Bob was under fire the whole Q&A -- which didn't bother me a bit as he was pretty blase about the choices they make (IMO).

He deserved to be under fire for Charlie.  And sorry but saying 'mental deficiency' is not the same as saying Dean did a stupid thing. Not even close. And given how often they dumb down Dean inexplicably for no good reasons, I get the sense he doesn't think much about Dean Winchester's intellect.

• Love 1

Fair. I think seeing Bob answer as he does just shows how different his POV is.  He's got a film-industry pragmatism and he's never been remotely politically correct IMO.  He doesn't get that he doesn't get it.  

It's lazy writing, IMO.  They can't think of a legit reason for Sam and Dean to do the things they do, so they make them stupid instead.

I mean, really.  If Sam and Dean took the time to learn the potential consequences, would they have tried to close the gates of Hell or take the Mark or remove the Mark?  We'll never know because they have to suffer the consequences for their stupid mistakes.  You know, for drama.

It's not even a matter of not knowing the full story (like when Dean sold his soul or Sam killed Lilith).  They thought they knew what would happen, but they were wrong.  During the Carver era, they didn't ask because they didn't care.  They're all, "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

Stupid, stupid, stupid.  Lazy, lazy, lazy.

• Love 2

And yet when has a producer on this show ever labelled Sam "mentally deficient"?

IMO, Singer is an old fool who's hanging on to this show for one reason and one reason only-it's still a gravy train for him and his spouse. He stopped caring about anything else long ago and it's pretty telling from this panel, again IMO.

And I had to LOL at the assertion by either JP or JA(I'm not sure which one)that Singer is largely responsible for keeping this show on the air for all these years. Gee, I wonder why he'd want to do that.<insert sarcasm here>

They can't think of a legit reason for Sam and Dean to do the things they do, so they make them stupid instead.

Couldn't agree more.

It's the wrong move from a dramatic standpoint, imo, because smart characters are more interesting to watch. Plus, these particular characters were established early on to be pretty smart people, so them acting like idiots is actually OOC.

Also, the way this show dumbs down the characters and storylines feels (to me) like a roundabout way of insulting the audience's intelligence. I don't really think that that's how the writers mean it? But imo, it feels that way nevertheless.

But yeah, I think it's done out of laziness and disrespect (for the audience, for the show, for their work), not out of some deep, personal vision of who the characters are. I *think* Bob Singer was thinking of Dean being "mentally deficient" as in Dean has a blindspot (and can't resist doing something heroic, even if it's stupid), rather than as Dean being all-around stupid. But since it's not unheard of these days for Dean to act all-around stupid for no character-based reason, it's kind of difficult to parse.

• Love 2

Allusions within show are a completely different animal from saying it outright, in real life, at a fan convention, and from a show producer's very own mouth, no less, and IMO.

He could have said that Dean took it on because he's an incredibly damaged individual, but he said that it wasn't the "smartest" thing he'd ever done which goes right to intellect. So in this case, "worthy" enough meant dumb enough-at least to Robert Singer. Nice.

WE know that both brothers have done bone-headed things, but why is it that in interviews and promo material, the producers seem to only want to talk about the bone-headed things that DEAN does or has done? The demon blood drinking?-a "cool" solution and resolution to the apocalypse sl according to Kripke; and just *crickets* on Sam's insistence on using the BoD to remove the mark and even though that was a pretty bone-headed thing to do also.

It's become so hypocritically pathetic to me. But if you want to be a member of the SPN "family", I guess you have to overlook these kind of things or make excuses for them or laugh it off. Whatever.

Garth to his wife: "And Sam, bless his heart,..." is southern for "not too bright".

Eh,"Bless his heart" is southern for pretty much any insult. "That boy, bless his heart, looks like his dog",. you can say anything shitty about a person as long as you follow it with "Bless his heart". In that case, it's a character saying that about another character for purpose of insult in the dialogue vs writing that a character doesn't actually know something (Dean not knowing about gandhi or Clarence or being taken off task because of a pretty girl. Or Deans on again off again technical abilities.

To me that's different than the showrunner saying to fans at a convention that one of its beloved lead characters who has been proven to be smart and capable and has made good decisions is " mentally deficient". I would be griping if he had said that about Sam.

Eh,"Bless his heart" is southern for pretty much any insult. "That boy, bless his heart, looks like his dog",. you can say anything shitty about a person as long as you follow it with "Bless his heart".

I agree with this to an extent. But to me, slipping in "bless his [or her] heart" is more of a gentling of a hard truth. "That boy looks like a dog, [but since it's not his fault,] bless his heart." Or "And Sam, [tries and tries and tries, but keeps making bad decisions] bless his heart..." It's absolutely not positive, but the person who's saying it is also (in my mind) trying to acknowledge there are reasons or something for whatever the painful/insulting thing might be. At least, that's how I hear it. (And say it, honestly.)

• Love 2

I agree with this to an extent. But to me, slipping in "bless his [or her] heart" is more of a gentling of a hard truth. "That boy looks like a dog, [but since it's not his fault,] bless his heart." Or "And Sam, [tries and tries and tries, but keeps making bad decisions] bless his heart..." It's absolutely not positive, but the person who's saying it is also (in my mind) trying to acknowledge there are reasons or something for whatever the painful/insulting thing might be. At least, that's how I hear it. (And say it, honestly.)

I can see that. Maybe it was just my asshole relatives that never meant it any positive way lol.

• Love 1

I agree with this to an extent. But to me, slipping in "bless his [or her] heart" is more of a gentling of a hard truth.

I can see that. Maybe it was just my asshole relatives that never meant it any positive way lol.

I think in the way it was used with Sam, it was sort of a hybrid of the two, because Garth might've meant it to soften the blow, but using "Bless his heart" in this case actually made what he said come out even worse. The "Bless his heart" turned what he said into more of a "Sam is also a dumbass" meaning than softening the blow of what he said before.

What Garth said: "And Sam here -- Sam can be a bit insecure at times, but for good reason. Bless his heart."

In other words, not only is Sam right to feel insecure, but he just can't help being that person who should feel insecure... because he just doesn't know any better. Maybe it was just me but in my opinion, that was one of the worst character insults they'd ever given on this show. And it didn't come from a demon or a monster trying to do emotional damage or from someone who was angry and trying to do emotional damage. It came from Garth. As a pleasant introduction. Ouch.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 1

Rolling Stone's Best 25 Horror TV Shows of All Time

Our little show is in the Top 10. I'm pretty proud of that

If there's an Achilles heel for horror as a genre, it's the wafer-thin characters: Why bother crafting the next Jane Eyre if she's just gonna get chainsawed in half? But no TV series can survive if no one cares about your heroes and villains, and this CW show has taken that lesson to heart. The saga of demon-hunting brothers Sam and Dean Winchester is driven almost entirely by their emotional connection, courtesy of engaging performances by Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles. Yes, creator Eric Kipke's initial goal of "scar[ing] the crap out of people" is achieved on a weekly basis, but even when the stakes are outright apocalyptic and the monsters all but unstoppable, it's the ties that bind these bros that have made this show a fervently loved fan-favorite.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/lists/25-best-horror-tv-shows-of-all-time-20151026#ixzz3po3KxKnp
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

Things are slowly changing...Women are getting more roles in TV shows than they use too, and writers and directors are now getting more women.  But this entire business is more of who do you know.  It's the real frustration, because you may have the skills, the talent but if you don't meet the right people, you may never get the opportunity.  Honestly, I don't think it will change that much either.

While the shorts are pretty generic, the ass underneath does seem much flatter than JA's. 

Having conducted a careful analysis of said photo, I'm going to conclude that the lack of "booty butt" is directly related to his stance (most of the weight on his right leg).  So we are not getting the appropriate view in order to compare it to the AAE (Ackles Ass Equation) where y=-(sin(x^(1.7/6)+4)+(1/x))+10.  The perspective is also further undermined by the lack of actual side view. It's more a 45deg angle, which flattens everything.  Thus... I'm confident this is, in fact, Mr. Ackles booty.  Lack of multiple views prevents a full Monte Carlo analysis with probability distribution.

For science. 

• Love 6

the appropriate view in order to compare it to the AAE (Ackles Ass Equation) where y=-(sin(x^(1.7/6)+4)+(1/x))+10.

/Slow clap for SueB.

Your science is sound. I hope you don't mind if I had an illustration in support of your position. And in case, anyone else needs to do their own research.  For science.

Bootyyy.jpg

• Love 2