Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

The latest iteration of the #AlwaysKeepFighting campaign reached over 12000 in like 48 hours. As a reward the boys gave us this blooper from the campaign video.

https://www.facebook.com/JaredPadalecki/videos/368856216653313/

OH MY GODS. JENSEN YOU ARE SUCH A DORK. A disgustingly beautiful, sexy dork....LOL

and how very Sam and Dean too. 

Here is the full version. DORKS

http://mostly-jensen.tumblr.com/post/116716859527/x

tumblr_nmzchgdQCA1rstq9ro1_500.gif

tumblr_nmzchgdQCA1rstq9ro2_500.gif

tumblr_nmzchgdQCA1rstq9ro3_500.gif

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

Here is more about J2's project.  This is what they wrote and put up on the Represent website. Ugh these jerks are killing me. I'm just...I can't.  It's awesome. And it looks like they are joining forces with Misha with Random Acts. (which furthers my suspicion that Jensen is @GISHdrone.

Our Story So Far...
howdy!
from “Moose” and “Squirrel”
so… we wanted to take a little time to let you guys know what we’ve been planning over the last couple weeks :).

here goes…

with the crazy success of the #SPNFamily, and #AlwaysKeepFighting campaigns, we’ve seen FIRST-HAND the kinds of amazing things that can be accomplished when we all work together to support causes that are important and meaningful to us all.

With y'all's help, we’ve been able to raise (literally!) hundreds of thousands of dollars to support great organizations. Organizations like To Write Love On Her Arms, Wounded Warriors, St. Jude’s, Attitudes In Reverse, The Down Syndrome Connection, and more.

Beyond the financial benefits to these charities (and, in our opinions, even MORE IMPORTANTLY), we’ve also been able to start conversations about issues that have, up to now, been so heavily stigmatized by those who don’t understand, that they were often just avoided outright or hidden. We, as a group, have been able to offer support and love to people who we have never had the pleasure of meeting face-to-face.
Y'all rock.

Take it from two guys who flip through their comment sections every now and again, YOU ARE HELPING COUNTLESS OTHERS!

The causes we’ve been able to support so far are fantastic and deserving. We can't wait to continue to work with them in the future. Wonderfully, our eyes have been opened to lots of other charities and causes that might need a helping hand to grow, or may not have even been started yet!

With that in mind, and with the understanding that there are SO MANY great organizations out there that could use a little push, we (Jensen and Jared, Dean and Sam, Squirrel and Moose, Jason and Dean [for you Smallville and Gilmore Girls fans], you get the idea) have decided to start a fund to support a variety of causes, now and in the future, that can help make the world as we know it a better place. We have a close friend (though much older than we) that "Randomly" performs certain "Acts" that change the world, and people's lives, for the better. It's been an inspiration, and we thought, we should do that too!

We have the "bug". We want to seek out and find MORE worthy causes (while still supporting the aforementioned charities, of course) so that there can be an overwhelming abundance of places people can go to seek help. Whether it's for mental illness, depression, addiction, or for causes that we are not even aware of yet!

In addition to the fund that we have started, we are ALSO going to work with that guy named Misha Collins (maybe you've heard of him) and his wonderful charity "Random Acts" to increase our reach and accomplish things that we simply could not accomplish alone. We've learned, after all these years, that things are better when we're all working together.

So, there you have it.
Us. Y'all.
Y'all. Us.
Making the world a better place :).
-m&s

Edited by catrox14

I'm surprised Jared's race is as close as it is (less than 3% difference at present) considering he's up against Norman Reedus (Daryl fromThe Walking Dead), because come on, Daryl is definitely a badass.

And hee - Daryl's hair is similar to Sam's.

Edited by AwesomO4000

Jensen's lead is down, but so far he is the only one of the three still ahead.  But if he lost this round, he's had a long run. 

I know bite my tongue...but hopefully he will win against Sherlock.

The hell??? Jensen is losing 66 % to 33% percent. NO WAY. 

When I voted from my phone it says BC is ahead with 65% , when I vote from my laptop it's says Jensen is at 70% and BC at 30%.

SHENANIGANS!

I think Jensen joining social media is the best thing about s10.  He is a dork, he's funny, and I think he is way more social media savvy than he pretends. I am still pretty sure he's @GISHdrone and those tweets are GOLD I tell ya.  just gold.  His hashtags alone are hilarious. #pepperonidreaming might be the best one yet. 

Hmm I am not convinced they were THAT drunk in the video. They felt off to me. And I thought for a minute maybe it's another mockumenatary moment. Jensen saying it's not for us and jared saying CUT like he did felt a bit like their alter egos from the mockumenatary. But I could be wrong. Either way DORKS

Also, the best part of that video is at the very end.  After all the toasting and crossing themselves with whiskey( IRREVERENT!Jensen FTW) Jared say's "That's 10 seasons.  Here's to 10 more" and Jensen is all "whooaaaa" like what? I burst out laughing at that point.

Okay so somehow Jared won out over Norman Reedus (Daryl on The Walking Dead) *, but is now losing badly to someone from Outlander? ** And the Beauty & the Beast guy is still in it? *** Fandom is weird.

* Didn't think he had that great a chance there. For one: it's Daryl /Norman Reedus (who actually knows how to use a crossbow) and second: It's The Walking Dead, one of the biggest shows right now.

** And is that the guy whose photo is on the bottom right? Because I generally like sort of nerdy looking dudes, but he doesn't look alpha-ish to me. I could be wrong (don't have premium cable and so don't watch Outlander)

*** People still watch that show? And I don't know either of the guys in that race.

I've seen one episode and he's a classic romantic protective lead protecting the female and they show his ass all the time. LOL. My understanding is that Outlander has a huge loyal fanbase from the books too so many could be voting for the character from the books more than the actor.  

I was voting for the Beauty and the Beast guy just to get rid of Captain Hook because he'll be a tougher opponent for Jensen or Stephen Amell who I think rightfully should be Jensen's closest opponent. 

Edited by catrox14
I've seen one episode and he's a classic romantic protective lead protecting the female and they show his ass all the time. LOL.

Oh man, typical romance stuff is not my thing. At all. I more would've understood Daryl. *

* When your character is shipped with almost everyone else on the show, you know your character is a bad ass. (I watched an episode of The Talking Dead where Norman was on it and he was laughing about that with the host. The host had asked him if fans shipped his character with one of the female leads (Carol - which is awesome, because she is not your typical woman character and is an unconventional badass herself), and Norman said that yes they did, and this one, and that one, and a bunch of the guy leads, hee.)

Oh and also, I did my duty! I'd like my "I voted" sticker plz&thx.

I voted for Jared, Jensen, Jay Ryan, and some other person who I've already forgotten about.

ETA:

I've seen one episode and he's a classic romantic protective lead protecting the female and they show his ass all the time. LOL.

Oh man, not to get into the weeds/off-topic, but I disagree with that description.

Edited by rue721

Rue, which is why I said I based it on the ONE episode I watched.  And in that episode he was exactly that. Maybe he wasn't in the rest of the series. It was the most recent episode and since that is probably the only episode I'll ever watch , that's my impression based on an incredibly small sample size. I thought the show was boring and I was forever distracted by the soundtrack because it was straight out of BSG which makes sense because it's Bear McReary music but I thought I'd rather be watching BSG again LOL

Oh if shipping with everyone is a criteria for Alpha Male...then hellz ya Jensen wins hands down...because who ISN'T shipped with Dean??

Hey! Beauty and the Beast is really good! Js.

I watched  - and really liked - the original when I was in my early 20s, and so just couldn't bring myself to watch the remake. Ron Pearlman is Vincent, and he looks like the Beast (and yet somehow still looks somewhat attractive). And Linda Hamilton is Catherine. And there were a bunch of quirky other characters that I enjoyed back then (I loved weirdo Mouse and Catherine's quirky friend Edie and Armin Shimmerman before he was Quark). Sure it was sappy and romantic, but there were also dark themes - even with the Vincent/Catherine relationship. I don't think the story would be the same for me without the strange other characters.

Weird factoid - the woman who played gropey Ms. Case from "Red Sky..." was the recurring character, Mary, on the original Beauty and the Beast.

Edited to add:

Oh if shipping with everyone is a criteria for Alpha Male...then hellz ya Jensen wins hands down...because who ISN'T shipped with Dean??

Exactly my point... Daryl is pretty much the Dean of The Walking Dead, in my opinion.

Edited by AwesomO4000

Okay so somehow Jared won out over Norman Reedus (Daryl on The Walking Dead) *, but is now losing badly to someone from Outlander? ** And the Beauty & the Beast guy is still in it? *** Fandom is weird.

Fandom is weird! I just started watching Outlander and while I'm not enamored with the show, it does have some interesting themes and such. But, Sam Huegen is beloved by the fans and I'd say he's pretty bad ass with a sword. Think of how Supernatural  fans used to flood the internet for both Jared and Jensen in the first couple years and I think you'll understand why Jared is losing to him right now. Most of these online polls are a popularity contest and the winner rarely resembles the actual topic, IMO.

Exactly my point... Daryl is pretty much the Dean of The Walking Dead, in my opinion.

I don't think Daryl is quite as shippable with everyone as Dean is. I've shipped him momentarily with Rick, Michonne and Carole. But that's it. Also, how is Andy Lincoln not in this poll?

catrox - not me, but I'm pretty sure other fans also shipped Daryl with Beth. And I think they also mentioned Glen and maybe Tyreese as well on The Talking Dead, but I could be remembering that wrongly. And now there's the new guy Daryl's working with - and even though that guy has a boyfriend (and, I myself, wouldn't want him to cheat on his boyfriend, because I like that relationship), it probably won't be long before fans will be shipping Daryl with him, also. I think though, Daryl's probably shipped more with others than the other characters on the show - except maybe Rick? * - so that's why I think he's the Dean of The Walking Dead more than any of the others.

I like Daryl with Carole myself, though I could see Michonne as well.

But in general, Supernatural is the only show I really read fanfic about now (besides still the occasional Buffy), so I could be entirely wrong. I was mostly going off the comments from The Talking Dead... they mentioned quite a few characters - heh.

Somehow Supernatural is creepier with the shipping sometimes for me though. To each his/her own, but for me, I find the Sam/Lucifer and Dean/Alastair shipping disturbing, especially the last one based on the history we know.

* Though not for me, because I can't really imagine Rick with Carole even for example. They have a great friendship / respect relationship, but Rick is too disturbed at present for me to ship him. When I find Carl more grounded than Rick... Rick's going a little off the reservation - heh.

Also, how is Andy Lincoln not in this poll?

Was he earlier? Because yeah, Rick is a badass.

Okay, sorry - done now. Promise to take any other discussion about plots in general to the show comparison thread, but since this is more about shipping, I figured I'd leave it in social media.

Edited by AwesomO4000

I'm not gonna lie....I have done crossover shipping in my head with Rick/Dean and their ship name is hilarious because it would Deck or Dick or Rean... lordy I'm awful but mostly I just want those two guys with me during the ZA is all I'm sayin...

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

I'm not gonna lie....I have done crossover shipping in my head with Rick/Dean and their ship name is hilarious because it would Deck or Dick or Rean... lordy I'm awful but mostly I just want those two guys with me during the ZA is all I'm sayin...

Sure why not? Why not throw in Daryl/Sam (they could be Dam(n), heh - They could braid each other's hair *snort*) and make it really interesting? And ooh, would the zombies be considered monsters and so go to purgatory... Maybe part of it could be in purgatory and Benny could be involved.

Now that you've got this in my head, you're gonna write this for me now, right? ; )

• Love 1

Guys, Jensen is trailing. I am overly invested.  Jared is dead meat but Jensen is behind by 2%. Voting ends tomorrow. #VoteJensen

http://www.eonline.com/news/649474/alpha-male-madness-2015-vote-in-the-elite-8-now

Jensen is still behind but not as bad.  Just depends on how many vote.

Game 1

Bob Morley, at 50.5%

Jensen Ackles, Supernatural

49.5%

Could be some fans are like he's won easily so I don't have to vote or it really is the mobile votes that do it?

Edited by 7kstar

Jensen is loosing because the young girls are voting against him.  Jensen is old for the teenagers.  But he is holding his own when you see he is loosing by fractions.  So I say now if Jensen is out -- vote this Bob guy out fast.  LOL.  No way could this guy beat Dean in combat.

Edited by 7kstar
  • Love 1

If Jensen wins, I want a bunch of "Not great, Bob!" memes all over the place. And if Jensen loses, I'm all in with Stephen Amell who by all rights is the most Alpha Male in the bunch after Jensen and Jared.

• Love 2

From what I can see on twitter a lot of the other fandoms are voting against Jensen this round as they don't want theirs to go head-to-head with him. Somewhat of a compliment to Jensen and SPN :)