Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: This Profound Legacy

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, paigow said:

These writers are pessimists...what world are they living in that has an international crisis EVERY WEEK???? 

The reason there's not an international crisis every week is b/c, in real life, teams just like this one, are constantly racing around to prevent one. Do you have any idea just how many Jane Does there are in the FBI? Well, I haven't done official research, but I'm sure it's without a doubt a lot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

The reason there's not an international crisis every week is b/c, in real life, teams just like this one, are constantly racing around to prevent one. Do you have any idea just how many Jane Does there are in the FBI? Well, I haven't done official research, but I'm sure it's without a doubt a lot.

And they all get together on Sunday afternoons to play bridge.

• Love 1

Ah Weller, you epic shitbag. So we learn the secret of Berlin and it's how Weller know about Jane's daughter before she did! Now I realize there's no good time to bring something like that up but there's also no good time for Jane to find out he knew all along and didn't tell her because...

I liked the team of Zapata and Patterson, especially Patterson saying "You don't hate me for all this sneaky shit do you?" and Zapata's reply of "Girl, come work at the CIA!"

I see this team gets their perimeter management skills from CTU. "We've got this place totally locked down so fleas can't even fart without us knowing about it!" is code for bad guys are already in the building.

So Roman somehow knows about these rape kits with incriminating evidence on the king of some fictional country, knows the serial number of the evidence bag this evidence is in and knows that the team will crack this code on the day that the Khazarussians are going to try to burn it all down. Why is Roman doing all this when he clearly should be a stockbroker or professional sports-better? Dream big, Roman. Revenge is so beneath your obvious talents!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Why is Roman doing all this when he clearly should be a stockbroker or professional sports-better?

Besides the money he stole as Mr. Ripley, he has already fixed the upcoming World Cup to pay for his "Globally Untraceable Friends & Family" cell phone plan....

• Love 1

Sliding Doors...starring Kurt Weller

Future 1: Waterboard alleged step-daughter to discover who is supplying her intel

Future 2: Kill alleged step-daughter because she must be a Roman minion

Future 3: Impregnate alleged step-daughter because she must be a Roman minion

I've never cared for Reade... someone remind me why he is the Assistant Director?  After Bethany died, Weller became Assistant Director, but I guess he resigned to go to Colorado?  And now he's back but can't get his old job back?

Reade is terrible and incompetent.  Clearly he's being shady about something.  I know they are all being shady, but somehow I find him worse, especially since he is lying to his supposed best friend.

The actor that played the Russian punk son looked so familiar, I looked him up.  He also played the Russian punk son of the Russian werewolf on "Bitten".  I get that he's Russian background but his agent is terrible if all he's getting is typecast as the young Russian punk.   He's a mediocre actor and it doesn't help that he has such a rat-like face that practically screams "punch me".

I don't understand the timeline.  Jane had her baby before 2000, and Patterson said the ink on the documents she analyzed really is 18 years old.  There was also a two-year time jump so it's more like end of 2019 right now.  I don't remember what were the documents Jane was given - I guess they were adoption papers, not birth records - but her baby wasn't adopted as a two-year old.  The baby was adopted as a tiny baby, back in early 2000 at the latest, so the ink should be 20 years old.  Maybe Patterson just meant it's not fresh forged ink when she vouched for its approximate age.  I don't know, I feel like the writers forgot about the time jump when they plotted these dates and times.  Not a big deal, but it did bother me as I was trying to figure out, OK how old is this kid now?

Which was only compounded with the reveal that her daughter was looking for her in Berlin six months ago.  How old is this kid??  You'd think at least 18 to make it totally clear she's not globetrotting in her search for her mom as a minor in US terms.  But she was probably barely 18 six months ago if her little-baby adoption papers are 18 years old now.  Ahhh whatever.

Also, aren't there ways to tell that a woman has given birth? If via c-section, there would be scar tissue. If via vaginal delivery, the hips change in a way where you can tell the person has delivered a child.  But that's just what I've seen on other tv shows, so maybe that's tv science, not real world science.  But I think it's more likely that the writers don't know about this bit.

The whole thing with Patterson coding Wizardville in a way where she just could not avoid including code that allows her to spy on any user continues to irk me. I know it's just convenient to push along plot and solves but it bugs.

I think Roman is the new Miss Cleo with his uber-omniscience.

After everything that Reade went through, it is hard for me to see him as the Assistant Director. I'm still surprised he wasn't fired. 

I like Mary Stuart Masterson and hope she isn't evil.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, LisaM said:

After everything that Reade went through, it is hard for me to see him as the Assistant Director. I'm still surprised he wasn't fired. 

I like Mary Stuart Masterson and hope she isn't evil.

She IS the reason Reade was promoted instead of fired....

• Love 1

This was a shouty episode at my home.

Number one, they are an absolute monarchy, which means The order of succession is based solely on heredity.

I think most of us studied civics.

Me: Obviously not - because that's not how an absolute monarchy (in the Western sense which would be covered in civics) works at all. There are more rules than just heredity.  Number one: legitimacy. If anything Khazafantasy-land followed the model of succession adopted by the Ottoman Empire for a couple of centuries best summarized by 'survival of the fittest'.  Hardly practiced anymore in the modern world (except maybe North Korea).

Pregnancy tests exist, but birth tests don't.

Me: C'mon Patterson, you know better. We already covered the various methods by which forensic scientist in every other crime show can tell whether the victim of the week has given birth or not.

Also: There's no way a receptionist in a fancy Berlin Hotel would not be able to speak English. And yep, 20 year old going into that supposed viper's nest will be able to control the different factions and interest groups. This is going to work out just great. Peace and democracy are just around the corner *eye-roll*

Loved Roman pointing out that all Jane had to do to find out whether Ott had been lying or not was to ask her brother, he!

Not enough Roman and no Rich DotCom = lackluster episode.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Me: Obviously not - because that's not how an absolute monarchy (in the Western sense which would be covered in civics) works at all...Monarchy Civics must be different in Georgia....

So, during this two year gap, Weitz has now become a congressman of all things.  The smug bastard sure knows how to play the game, apparently.

Looks like the big Berlin secret is that Weller has already met Jane's daughter.  And he's not telling her for.... reasons?  And will Roman end up being involved with whatever goes down, or did he simply just find out about it on his own?

Zapata and Patterson team up and first suspect Reade of covering up Stuart's death (I swear, he's become way more significant after he got murdered), but now they think its Hirst instead.  But Reade is continuing to defend her, so they still end up wondering if he's involved somehow.  Sigh.

Tattoo of the week was boring.  Majority of the episode was boring.  Hope it picks back up soon.

6 hours ago, MissLucas said:

And yep, 20 year old going into that supposed viper's nest will be able to control the different factions and interest groups.... Is Nedaryev Starkovsky available to be Hand Of The King? Problem Solved....

If the CIA was on its toes they could send in a ringer for the kid, and have their own guy running the show over there. 

Was that a poke in the nose at Scandal by naming the assassinated king Cyrus?

Shallow end (really shallow) of the pool pipe dream:  Jane and her daughter are actually both tattooed and the bio-luminescent ones light up when they stand next to each other, forming a third 3-D tattoo.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

If the CIA was on its toes they could send in a ringer for the kid, and have their own guy running the show over there. 

Then he has to get married....and goes on a nation-wide booty call lasting a decade....

The only 'realistic' course of action for the CIA in this scenario would have been to let s*it-head uncle know that they've got the 'true' pretender under their wings and are willing to let the kid remain in college following his pipe-dreams as long as s*it-head uncle plays nice - i.e. according to US interests.

12 hours ago, MissLucas said:

The only 'realistic' course of action for the CIA in this scenario would have been to let s*it-head uncle know that they've got the 'true' pretender under their wings and are willing to let the kid remain in college following his pipe-dreams as long as s*it-head uncle plays nice - i.e. according to US interests.

The CIA had no leverage for this, Fake!KGB was already tracking his mother before the FBI knew what was happening...Uncle terminates Bastard Nephew and U.S. blackmail...

On 12/4/2017 at 1:41 PM, milizard said:

Anyone else notice this:  Roman is supposedly making them all suffer by trying to tear them apart....after first getting them all back together??

He's using them to hurt each other.

Maybe the twist should be that Roman is the incestuous baby daddy and Weller boned Jane's baby in Berlin.

I hope Reade isn't just a complete dumbass and has a reason for not believing his boss would frame him. Like it was part of a plan they hatched together. Otherwise that would be really disappointing from a writing-perspective.

Of course the german concierge in Berlin speaks german with a thick american accent.

Edited by PurpleTentacle