Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Home

Frank's confession was played very well.  There was a lot of nonverbal communication there.

Up to this point I have been fine with the hallucinations and flashbacks to Frank's wife, but I felt they were overplayed in this one.

I'm glad Billy's exposed, and I don't think anyone mourns Rawlins.

• Love 1

Bet Jon Bernthal was having some Walking Dead flashbacks after all the fake blood they covered him in for this one.

Fare thee well, Rawlins.  To think if you just let Russo give Frank a quick death, all of this would have been avoided.  But, nope, you not only wanted to drag it out, but even trashed Russo, and there was no way that little psycho was going to let that slide.  But I guess they're saving Russo for the final episode.

I get what they were going for, but Frank hallucinating having sex with his wife was cheesy.

At least David has been reunited with his family, even if Sarah was understandably pissed at first.

I really can't believe that it never even occurred to Dinah that Frank was the one who pulled the trigger.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I get what they were going for, but Frank hallucinating having sex with his wife was cheesy.

It didn't work for me either. 

I really can't believe that it never even occurred to Dinah that Frank was the one who pulled the trigger.

It didn't occur to me either, for some reason I thought it WS Russo too. Although, thinking back to the video the body size was all wrong.

• Love 1

The guy playing Orange was terrible. Like Josh Gad as a bad guy. His speech with Russo was silly. Too over the top. 

And I still don’t know who killed Frank’s family. 

Boy, they love to say “Look at me” on this show. 

On 11/26/2017 at 10:56 PM, thuganomics85 said:

BTW, didn't we already know this? The viewers? I thought we did. When he said he did it, I thought, yes, we know. 

The further I go into this series and these threads, the fewer posts there are. Is that a statement about how people feel about this series?

7 minutes ago, Ottis said:

BTW, didn't we already know this? The viewers? I thought we did. When he said he did it, I thought, yes, we know. 

Yes, there were times in the video when we get a close-up of Frank's eyes behind the mask, enough for us to know that it's him and he's not happy about what he's been told to do.

14 hours ago, Ottis said:

And I still don’t know who killed Frank’s family.

Ha!  Neither do I.

I just finished this series and thought it was excellent. This was by far the best Marvel series Netflix has done. IMHO.

Russo is truly a sociopath. I pegged him early on as dirty but was hoping I was wrong. That said, he’s so pretty or he was pretty. ? They did a nice set up for him to return as a big bad in a future season. 

I liked Curtis but didn’t like the fact that he was just used as a pawn when someone wanted to get to Frank. 

I really enjoyed the friendship between Frank and Lieberman, glad the latter was able to get his family back. 

I’m looking forward to seeing what they do in Season 2.

• Love 2
On 12/11/2017 at 3:32 PM, Ottis said:

The guy playing Orange was terrible. Like Josh Gad as a bad guy. His speech with Russo was silly. Too over the top. 

Well, I always liked him in that small role as the sympathetic cop who Jodie Foster talks to at the door in Panic Room.

All right, I admit they got me when they shot Micro in the back.  I was like "Oh no, I really wanted him to be happy and reunited with his family".  

I never even considered that it was a trick, although I thought it was possible he might still be alive.

I did think it was odd that the bad guys didn't bring him along anyway, he might have been dying, but they might have needed some info from him.  I guess we'll chalk that up to Homeland Security having them pinned down.

Nice of Frank to sacrifice himself so Micro could get back to his family.  I knew all those early denials about how they weren't going to be friends were false.

It looks like I'm in the minority again.

I thought the pacing of this episode was fantastic and the escalating cuts between Frank and his wife and Frank being tortured were really well done. I also liked we saw the end of the "get up" conversation with his wife where she laments that Frank really wants to be on deployment instead of home with his family. The camera work between the two sets of cuts was really well done too.

The intensity of this episode was one well constructed roller coaster ride IMHO. The tension was built, intensified, and released in all the right places for me. This episode was far and away my favorite of the season (next to Kandahar probably) and I would have been completely satisfied if this was the season finale. I'm curious to see how they'll actually end the season.

• Like 1

Even though I'd watched this before, and it's called "punisher" I'd forgotten just how grisly it gets. I'm watching it again, and have had to look away multiple times. 

Billy is a sociopath, and Frank may be the punisher, but he still has a conscience. As much as I couldn't look, I am so glad that the character took out the "person" thing who killed his family. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1