Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

How cute is this? Judy's teaching some new choreography:) She looks like she is having so much fun with her grand babies!

I LOVE JUDY!!! 

43 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

HAHAHAHAHA! @QuiteCalM you give me life!

Lmao!! Back at ya lady! 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Tootie said:

Erica (l) and Lacey (r)....

Erica and Lacey.jpg

To me this isn't a great pic of Lacey but in general I think she's drop dead gorgeous. She looks exotic and naturally beautiful. Not that Erica isn't pretty too- but she's basic beaut and Lacey is another level. Don't like the jumbo lace bra under the skinny tank though. I'm old so any bra showing is a little tacky to me, even though I know jumbo lace bras are in style.

3 hours ago, GingerJ said:

To me this isn't a great pic of Lacey but in general I think she's drop dead gorgeous. She looks exotic and naturally beautiful. Not that Erica isn't pretty too- but she's basic beaut and Lacey is another level. Don't like the jumbo lace bra under the skinny tank though. I'm old so any bra showing is a little tacky to me, even though I know jumbo lace bras are in style.

I'm a Lacey fan too, but I never would've classified her as a 'natural' beauty. She's more of really made up 'glam girl' to me than a 'girl next door'. Maybe it's the new nose. She has a face that can carry a lot of makeup though, and it works for her. I'd look like a clown with fake lashes and highlighter. I think part of it that she has a ton of hair, too which gives her more of the Barbie look. She's really funny and goofy when they've interviewed her, too, which I didn't expect. 

(edited)
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'm a Lacey fan too, but I never would've classified her as a 'natural' beauty. She's more of really made up 'glam girl' to me than a 'girl next door'. Maybe it's the new nose. She has a face that can carry a lot of makeup though, and it works for her. I'd look like a clown with fake lashes and highlighter. I think part of it that she has a ton of hair, too which gives her more of the Barbie look. She's really funny and goofy when they've interviewed her, too, which I didn't expect. 

Was just discussing this with LaurenBrook. That's what Kelli means by saying they have to be photogenic. If these girls have the kind of face that goes from cute to straight up drag queen with the amount of makeup they slap on, they'll never work. There was a girl who auditioned this year and last year and with all that makeup on, she just had a puss like a MAN, baby. A MAN!!! Of course, I can't remember her name. Blonde. Goofy looking.

Sure wish we still had the thread with all the girls who auditioned readily available....

giphy.gif

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 3

Well, it was said that a man actually DID try out many years ago but never made it past Prelims.  We've never had any proof that this was true though, sadly enough.  I wish they WOULD consider the men as well, but I think the jump splits would be a little tough on them.   Still, seems to me that a LOT of the NFL teams have turned to the jump splits now and I seem to remember someone saying that even the DCC didn't do them until sometime in the 1980's., maybe even the 1990's.  Maybe it's time for an update of some things, but TRADITION, you know. . . 

3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Well, it was said that a man actually DID try out many years ago but never made it past Prelims.  We've never had any proof that this was true though, sadly enough.  I wish they WOULD consider the men as well, but I think the jump splits would be a little tough on them.   Still, seems to me that a LOT of the NFL teams have turned to the jump splits now and I seem to remember someone saying that even the DCC didn't do them until sometime in the 1980's., maybe even the 1990's.  Maybe it's time for an update of some things, but TRADITION, you know. . . 

I remember a guy tried out for the Broncos Cheerleaders a while back, and they were so sweet to him.

I personally have no desire to watch a man do NFL cheerleading. Something like Rhythm & Blue dancing would be great to incorporate guys, but I don't want to see men cheering on the sidelines in the venue of profesionnal NFL cheer squads. I just don't.

2 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

I remember a guy tried out for the Broncos Cheerleaders a while back, and they were so sweet to him.

I personally have no desire to watch a man do NFL cheerleading. Something like Rhythm & Blue dancing would be great to incorporate guys, but I don't want to see men cheering on the sidelines in the venue of profesionnal NFL cheer squads. I just don't.

Rhythm and Blue has a few reallyyyy good guy dancers, I love watching them!

1 minute ago, QuiteCalM said:

We have guys on the Ravens Cheer team. But they are with the group of girls who do the tumbling routines. We have a separate group that does more traditional cheering. The two groups are staggered throughout the stadium if that makes sense.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

We have guys on the Ravens Cheer team. But they are with the group of girls who do the tumbling routines. We have a separate group that does more traditional cheering. The two groups are staggered throughout the stadium if that makes sense.

I can see tumbling, for sure.

4 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

R&B has some great guy dancers. Let's keep them there. DCC and guys, I just just don't know how they'd make that work.

Exactly. We gonna have a female defensive line?

• Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Not sure if unpopular or not but I feel like Erica has lost a bit too much weight now and her face looks.. different (for lack of a better word). If she just put on 1 or 2 kilos she would look better. 

I'm going to be super unpopular.  I hear over & over again that Erica never takes a bad picture...well now we have one.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

I know the powder Erica used on this photo gave her too much of a flashback, if she used powder without silica her face would have looked better.

4 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I know the powder Erica used on this photo gave her too much of a flashback, if she used powder without silica her face would have looked better.

OMG, WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE/MAKE-UP GURUS AND HOW DO YOU KNOW THESE THINGS?

Remember how I said I am make-up challenged?  I didn't even know these types of things exist.  What is powder without silica?  Is there not just powder anymore?  What causes flashback?  Is that all the white that shows up under the girl's eyes these days?

• Love 3
Just now, Ante said:

Remember how I said I am make-up challenged?  I didn't even know these types of things exist.  What is powder without silica?  Is there not just powder anymore?  What causes flashback?  Is that all the white that shows up under the girl's eyes these days?

Exactly. I follow a lot of makeup gurus on youtube and I'm always browsing the makeup addiction subreddit for ideas lol

18 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Agreed to the poster that says I hope she and Dayton make it! However, I also agree with the poster that stated that something seems to be a bit off when she dances. IMO she is still in her hip area. So for constructive criticism she really needs to work on being more "fluid" (Kell's term lol) in her mid section. She is an awesome dancer, just needs a bit more flexibility.  

So...I'll say it.

I don't like how Victoria dances.  To me, all she is is fluid.  There's no pop, there's no power, no definition or distinction.  Every move just sort of slides into the next.  However, I should say that the choreography of this video is AWFUL and I don't know how that affects her dancing.

Finally, I hate, hate, hate the way she makes out with the camera.

:::runsandhides:::

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Ante said:

BWAHAAA!! I love you! Don't be intimidated by fancy words like "cut line" and "flashback". I am a makeup artist and I don't use them. It's a younger generation thing. There are numerous brightening ingredients (and silica) in makeup, as well as the new "contouring" craze that uses these products excessively (which isn't even new, it's just called that now) that show up white on skin with the new photo technology. That's all :-)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ante said:

So...I'll say it.

I don't like how Victoria dances.  To me, all she is is fluid.  There's no pop, there's no power, no definition or distinction.  Every move just sort of slides into the next.  However, I should say that the choreography of this video is AWFUL and I don't know how that affects her dancing.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

Was just discussing this with LaurenBrook. That's what Kelli means by saying they have to be photogenic. If these girls have the kind of face that goes from cute to straight up drag queen with the amount of makeup they slap on, they'll never work. There was a girl who auditioned this year and last year and with all that makeup on, she just had a puss like a MAN, baby. A MAN!!! Of course, I can't remember her name. Blonde. Goofy looking.

Sure wish we still had the thread with all the girls who auditioned readily available....

giphy.gif

This is me, to a T.  I cannot carry off heavy make-up at ALL.  I end up looking like a Kabuki.  For reals...it's not pretty y'all.  

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Exactly. I follow a lot of makeup gurus on youtube and I'm always browsing the makeup addiction subreddit for ideas lol

Me too! I'll have to find out who you follow. I'm a make up junkie!!

Just now, Hummingbird24 said:

Me too! I'll have to find out who you follow. I'm a make up junkie!!

to small talk it is!

On 7/3/2017 at 5:04 PM, heatherrrrz said:

Omg someone commented on Kelli's post that Yuko should have been on show group and then someone else agreed! I died ??

Okay, you guys all know I'm one of those rare Yuko fans (the most unpopular opinion of all)... but even I wouldn't recommend her for Show Group! It wasn't me, I swear!

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, GAgirl said:

I suppose my unpopular opinion is that I think Holly can't carry makeup well.. she sometimes looks like a drag queen to me. *ducks*

I love Holly like mad but I agree, sometimes the makeup on her is just way too heavy, actually I've seen some of the queens on Drag Race look more natural. Yeah I think maybe I'll duck with you

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ante said:

So...I'll say it.

EXACTLY! I've never taken dance (but I know bad moves when I see them) so maybe I used the wrong term when I said fluid. I agree with your critique. However, I still say she is waaayyy to stiff in the hip and waist area, its as if both parts move as one. Sorry not sorry. Yes, she is a pretty girl and seems nice but pretty and nice won't get you on the squad. I wish someone close to her would pull her to the side and really give her an honest critique. She really wants to make the team and it seems like a life goal for her, so they would be doing her a favor. I'm sure Kitty will be honest with her, lets hope she has some sort of one on one sessions with Kitty. Again, I really want her to make the team. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

@ShellyB PLEASE tell me you were in this number. I can't see anyone because of the hats.

http://you-tube.one/watch/QHJqbkh2eU5vSEhr/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-flashback-to-the-star-dress.html

I'm just gonna leave this here...

http://you-tube.one/watch/QFN1NXpad3dtUEVB/dcc-1980-dance-2.html

All I can say is WTH!! That 2nd video is horrible and corny...talk about BAD acting! Looking at their choreography all I could do was laugh til I cried! 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

All I can say is WTH!! That 2nd video is horrible and corny...talk about BAD acting! Looking at their choreography all I could do was laugh til I cried! 

But ok, look. Were you born in 71? I was. And this brand of cheese was EVERYTHING back then. It was so awesomely amazing. I mean, we're talking about the time of the slow clap, of people gathering in a circle and clapping while people danced. What a bunch of freaks we were! It looks silly now, but these girls were doing cutting edge choreo for back then LOL!

• Love 3
(edited)
Just now, QuiteCalM said:

But ok, look. Were you born in 71? I was. And this brand of cheese was EVERYTHING back then. It was so awesomely amazing. I mean, we're talking about the time of the slow clap, of people gathering in a circle and clapping while people danced. What a bunch of freaks we were! It looks silly now, but these girls were doing cutting edge choreo for back then LOL!

OMG. Yes I was born in 71!!! Best year. You are absolutely correct...lmao... I live for your post!! Never leave us!!

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ante said:

IMG_1899.JPG

IMG_5679.GIF

haha!! I know Vic's not everyone's cup of tea but I just love to see a legacy grow and blossom. I think it'll be fun to watch, now that Cassie's broken the ice and been the proverbial punching bag for what it is to be a legacy in the digital age where dicks like us sit around and say how we REALLY feel on here lol!

1 minute ago, DCCFAN71 said:

OMG. Yes I was botn in 71!!! Best year. You are absolutely correct...lmao... I live for your post!! Never leave us!!

haha how could I leave now. Yall are my buds!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

1965 here! Not only did they have those moves but the cheesy music as well;) I don't recall if this was posted before or I recall it from searching tube but here for your viewing pleasure...a little Love Boat action!

• Love 2

What cracks me up is David Cassidy and Gopher pretending to be flirting with two of the girls, and the audience pretending they really like the dancing. I would have been rolling my eyes and trying not to make smart aleck remarks.

1 hour ago, twinkietwin94 said:

All of a sudden I feel young, 1976 here. I still watch The Love Boat on Pop every chance I get, I keep waiting to see the episode with the DCC

1992 over here, you can't feel young now ?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

1986, y'all.

r8EAVUI.gif

I'm off topic, but my status as a millennial makes me entitled to do what I want.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

@twinkietwin94 well here is part 2...can't find part one yet, but you can just imagine what happened in part 1 of now. 

Sometimes, when I'm gettin down with Mr. QCM, we play the Love Boat theme, just to really spice it up.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, spazette said:

@Oranaiche I'm '85, does that make me a millennial too?!? Say it ain't so! ?

I am the last year of the Baby Boomers...though I say age is an attitude..I had a grandmother who at 104 idid not look a day over 80;)

Edited by Rosiemac
  • Love 1