Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

This sounds more self serving than serving the troops. They can say they travel, but then what, say hi, we appreciate you, and leave?

Maybe that's why Jacie had that odd encounter with being asked why she was there. Had they all been wearing their uniforms (or even the more modest DCC warmups), it would have been more obvious that they were there as a show of support. Really, if a bunch of glammed-up women just started sitting down for a meal, I can see why the troops would be confused.

Maybe that's why Jacie had that odd encounter with being asked why she was there. Had they all been wearing their uniforms (or even the more modest DCC warmups), it would have been more obvious that they were there as a show of support. Really, if a bunch of glammed-up women just started sitting down for a meal, I can see why the troops would be confused.

From the men I know personally who have been deployed, especially around holiday, family is missed terribly, and why anyone would volunteer to just come and hang out is weird. Also, surrounding every base are a whole lot of women who are lol liking for Mr Right or Mr Right Now, , and don't care if he's married. A whole lot of men are wanting to be Mr Right and Mr Right now, too. Not to knock real relationships that being on base, but troops are taught to have their guard up to be wary of women who are after their money or who might allow them to stray - I blame cheating men as much as women, but if you're lonely and some knock out comes to initiate a conversation, a lot of men will have their guard up to protect themselves from doing something they know they shouldnt.

I don't think Jacie was trying to start some scandalous affair, but to give her the cold shoulder in an attempt to not look at a woman who isn't your wife, I see how the DCC or others could not get a warm welcome at mealtime. She may not realize the 'why are you here' may have been for self protection, Nd not have a thing to do with her.

Love that pro bowl intro video for the same reason as BritFan - seeing other uniforms. I like DCC uniform the best of course, but the Raiders are a close second. Seattle uniform not bad either. The patriots uniform was really skimpy - do they really cheer in that at games? It was literally the size of a bathing suit? Doesn't really go w/ New England weather.

The raiders girl killed it too w/ her dancing ;).

I don't think Jacie was trying to start some scandalous affair, but to give her the cold shoulder in an attempt to not look at a woman who isn't your wife, I see how the DCC or others could not get a warm welcome at mealtime. She may not realize the 'why are you here' may have been for self protection, Nd not have a thing to do with her.

That was not point of my posting about Jacie’s piece in Star Magazine.  What Jacie wrote was the servicemen didn’t understand why they would come to the bases at the holidays. I believe it was because they thought the motive was for publicity, so self-serving.  Not for the service men and women.  It wasn't about dating/meeting a man.  HA!

Edited by caligirl50
  • Love 1

That was not point of my posting about Jacie’s piece in Star Magazine.  What Jacie wrote was the servicemen didn’t understand why they would come to the bases at the holidays. I believe it was because they thought the motive was for publicity, so self-serving.  Not for the service men and women.  It wasn't about dating/meeting a man.  HA!

Yes. I understand that. Neither of us were thinking Jacie was trying snag a man. What I am saying, is from personal experience with family and friends who are military, a lot of them do have their guard up to not be friendly to any woman who approaches them. Sometimes the cold shoulder is to give an automatic NO to women who are interested in them, sometimes it's so the men don't feel like they're being disloyal to their wives, or starting any spark that might facilitate them being unfaithful. 

Either way, we agree that the servicemen thought the DCC were there for themselves - whether to brag about how patriotic they were, to perform for media - and not to show appreciate for the troops service. Jacie proved them wrong, and they accepted her in the end.

That Facebook chat thing was so cool - I guess she announced there will officially be a MTT Season 11 :)!!!

Now it'd just be cool to find out which Vets are returning and I hope I get my cable issues straightened out by August.  Comcast has changed my channel lineup I'll have to pay almost $10 more a month if I want CMT.....exploring options....

ETA - kinda surprised Kelli would let Shannon film her without "full makeup" though :)

Edited by DCCFanInKy

So far vet Holly, Angela, Kelsey and Ashley have said they are retiring, and Paige has left the team. Five other girls are leaving the team. Swimsuit fittings are in two weeks, so we may get to see who is trying out again. I hope we get to vote on the Sidelines Calendar pictures. Did she say the End of the Year Banquet will be on March 24th.

So far vet Holly, Angela, Kelsey and Ashley have said they are retiring, and Paige has left the team. Five other girls are leaving the team. Swimsuit fittings are in two weeks, so we may get to see who is trying out again. I hope we get to vote on the Sidelines Calendar pictures. Did she say the End of the Year Banquet will be on March 24th.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders_squad_2015Would they have removed Paige's pic if she'd left on bad terms? It's still there.

How will the HQ move to California work with the DCC based in Texas? Kelli mentioned moving 30 years of costumes, etc. from Valley Ranch.

Somebody explain how this works - will everyone commute back and forth? Only  be in Dallas for games? I don't understand.

How will the HQ move to California work with the DCC based in Texas? Kelli mentioned moving 30 years of costumes, etc. from Valley Ranch.

Somebody explain how this works - will everyone commute back and forth? Only be in Dallas for games? I don't understand.

They're moving to Frisco, Texas. It's a suburb in Dallas.

• Love 1

ETA - kinda surprised Kelli would let Shannon film her without "full makeup" though :)

She should do it more often. I was thinking how "young and fresh" she looked without all the makeup that she normally wears.

• Love 2

She should do it more often. I was thinking how "young and fresh" she looked without all the makeup that she normally wears.

Yeah - she looked beautiful in the FB video, her hair is a lot lighter of a color than it was at the end of MTT 10, but maybe the color has just faded some and she will dye it darker again by the time they start filming..

I think she looks beautiful made up on MTT too though, just more glamourous.

On the Cowboys Cheerleaders twitter page, there is a picture of two girls who might be trying out for the team posing with Jacie and Jennifer, but I have no idea on how to post the picture. If someone could please post it, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

On the Cowboys Cheerleaders twitter page, there is a picture of two girls who might be trying out for the team posing with Jacie and Jennifer, but I have no idea on how to post the picture. If someone could please post it, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

I saw that!! I Screenshotted it so I can follow their journey...gosh I'm so into tryouts. I don't know how to attach the picture but the two girls are @tessagrace05 and @gaebrianderson

• Love 1

Good find! Wow, little Tessa is adorable! Both girls are super cute.  And if Tessa is also getting help from Sarah, that's awesome!  She helped Amy L and she's on the team so hey, who knows.  I wonder if Tessa will be featured since she is a little sister? 

I believe the other girl is Evan Anderson's sister

I LOVED Evan Anderson! I was also so annoyed they only featured her for a bit at the beginning.  She was gorgeous and such an amazing dancer...loved watching her in those USO videos. Will be interesting to see how her sister does - she seems to be a great dancer too and very fit.  Some of her videos dancing in little clothing and heels though....she might want to take those off lol  I don't think they are that bad really but for the classy DCCs... (or supposedly, since they do runway shows in heels and bikinis LOL)