Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Aw, they must do a little clip on the Heathers and Maggie living together :) 

Is that Kelli wearing that yellow/orange flower thing in the last pic or so?! YIKES.  

Melissa's taste in accessories may suck but GOSH DARN IT how does she look so freakin' good mere weeks after her THIRD child?! I don't look that good now and I have grown exactly zero children. 

I also remember txstar telling me that Madeline's kicks were bad at camp again this year but they look really good in that picture to me...am I missing something? I dont remember much of technique from my dance days but her standing leg looks pretty straight and so does her back. 

Megan...just... :-/ 

• Love 3

Whoever the girl on the far left in the photo Kelli just posted on twitter, part of her butt cheek is falling out of the shorts as she kicks. 

16 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Whoever the girl on the far left in the photo Kelli just posted on twitter, part of her butt cheek is falling out of the shorts as she kicks. 

you mean the girl closet to us? if so, that is Megan...

Just now, LaurenBrook said:

you mean the girl closet to us? if so, that is Megan...

Yes! Oh gosh that's kind of telling about her body...

Those characters are so cute! I hate it when they look generic, but this guy did a job of actually individualizing them. 

Megan's butt - that's the fit of the shorts more than anything. The girl is stacked. Flesh has to go somewhere.

i seriously feel like Megan gets a terrible rap bc one anonymous poster said she called out another girl in camp. Now Megan could cure cancer and it would be flawed. Maybe she did call her out, maybe she didn't, but I hate that she's villafies over everything now.

• Love 5

I personally really like Megan, she's gorgeous and a great dancer. Did I hate her costume? Absolutely. Did I notice who looked heavier? Yes and it wasn't just Megan. Danielle looks heavy in the screencap that was posted. I was just saying it was not a great picture to be posting if the girl closest to the camera has her butt cheek hanging out of her shorts. 

QuiteContrari - Girl, I OWN the book lol! Did you?

You bet.  But I was editing my book shelves and gave to Out of the Closet.  I should have saved it to send to someone on this board.

It is SO dated.  Dallas back in the day, I am old enough to remember, was so over-the-top.  Remember the book Coffee, Tea or Me? (I’m really dating myself now)...it was about flight attendants in the 1960’s when it was glamorous to be a stewardess.  That was what the DCC was in the ’70’s.  Diamonds, furs, marriage proposals, drugs, alcohol.  Such fun!!!!!!  They were celebrities.

Edited by PBSLover
10 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I personally really like Megan, she's gorgeous and a great dancer. Did I hate her costume? Absolutely. Did I notice who looked heavier? Yes and it wasn't just Megan. Danielle looks heavy in the screencap that was posted. I was just saying it was not a great picture to be posting if the girl closest to the camera has her butt cheek hanging out of her shorts. 

This exactly.  I don't judge her off of rumors because she seems well-liked by her teammates and K&J.  But I will absolutely roll my eyes that she gets a pass on weight when non-favorites do not and when she didn't get called out for bad hair and costume that anyone else would have. That's all. 

• Love 2

(on work computer twitter is on lock down so I can't post link) Kelli just posted some throwback photos to her DCC days on twitter while cleaning out for the move to the star.

I was on a business trip to Dallas in the ’80’s and we stayed at the Mansion at Turtle Creek. The tv show Dallas was actually shot in Dallas and the cast stayed at the Mansion when in production.  I was sitting on the steps in front of the hotel waiting for a date and Larry Hagman and his wife pull up in white Cadillac convertible.  He looks at me and says in a Texas drawl, “Hey, how you?"

After they went in to the hotel, I turned to the doorman and reminded him that Larry grew up in Orange County, California.  We laughed.

• Love 2

There is a sneak peak video of Melissa with some of the TC candidates on the DCC Making the Team facebook page. I have nothing against Melissa personally, but she apologizes for not being at tryouts because she was having a baby, and Kelsey asks her how does she look so good after having a third child. Really...Seriously... She also calls out a few of the girls and talks with them. Same ole, same ole!!! I also chuckle because she has been posting on the facebook page, and she actually responds to a few posters who are not excited she came back. *lol* I would post the link the video, but I cannot figure out how to.

On 5/7/2014 at 10:25 AM, sleepyjean said:

The DCC have a new sponsor. Belk teams up with Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders on three-year deal

Two things jumped out at me: "The deal includes endorsements, appearances and co-branded marketing initiatives." and "The retailer will provide the wardrobe for Kelli Finglass, director of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, and Judy Trammell, choreographer."

Once again, the cheerleaders image will be used extensively as a sales and marketing tool. The Cowboys will get money. Kelli and Judy will get some free clothes. The cheerleaders will do a lot of modeling for Belk for free. It's all part of the "honor" of being a DCC.

What a crock. The football players would never do this kind of promotion without a healthy pay check. But maybe it's not fair to compare the cheerleaders tothe football team. So lets compare them to "real" models. Real models do work for free at times, to build up their book. The experience adds to their modeling resume. But the DCC wouldn't be allowed to use the Belk images for their resumes, and none of them are allowed to model professionally anyway. Would real models do an extensive campaign like this one for free? I don't know much about the modeling industry, but I don't think so. Yet the DCC are expected to do this work for free. Or maybe in exchange for an over priced shirt and some leggings? It's a "perk." Isn't that the argument? It's so great being a DCC because you get so many perks. I don't know one person who wouldn't rather have cold hard cash than a free outfit or hair removal services.

Them not getting paid has always really bugged me.

• Love 1
On 5/7/2014 at 10:25 AM, sleepyjean said:

The DCC have a new sponsor. Belk teams up with Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders on three-year deal

Two things jumped out at me: "The deal includes endorsements, appearances and co-branded marketing initiatives." and "The retailer will provide the wardrobe for Kelli Finglass, director of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, and Judy Trammell, choreographer."

Once again, the cheerleaders image will be used extensively as a sales and marketing tool. The Cowboys will get money. Kelli and Judy will get some free clothes. The cheerleaders will do a lot of modeling for Belk for free. It's all part of the "honor" of being a DCC.

What a crock. The football players would never do this kind of promotion without a healthy pay check. But maybe it's not fair to compare the cheerleaders tothe football team. So lets compare them to "real" models. Real models do work for free at times, to build up their book. The experience adds to their modeling resume. But the DCC wouldn't be allowed to use the Belk images for their resumes, and none of them are allowed to model professionally anyway. Would real models do an extensive campaign like this one for free? I don't know much about the modeling industry, but I don't think so. Yet the DCC are expected to do this work for free. Or maybe in exchange for an over priced shirt and some leggings? It's a "perk." Isn't that the argument? It's so great being a DCC because you get so many perks. I don't know one person who wouldn't rather have cold hard cash than a free outfit or hair removal services.

Them not getting paid has always really bugged me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

There is a sneak peak video of Melissa with some of the TC candidates on the DCC Making the Team facebook page. I have nothing against Melissa personally, but she apologizes for not being at tryouts because she was having a baby, and Kelsey asks her how does she look so good after having a third child. Really...Seriously... She also calls out a few of the girls and talks with them. Same ole, same ole!!! I also chuckle because she has been posting on the facebook page, and she actually responds to a few posters who are not excited she came back. *lol* I would post the link the video, but I cannot figure out how to.

She posted a couple of Facebook Live videos today.  I didn’t listen.  Love that she knows fans of the show are not thrilled she is back again for a third season.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 1
On 7/5/2015 at 9:18 PM, RhiRhi said:

Does anyone else think it's super hypercritical that Shannon Gross teaches the cheerleaders social media etiquette and then goes and parties with current cheerleaders and posts party pics online? You can see on his Instagram and a bunch of other girls on the 4th of July in Minnesota. I'm sure he's definitely dipping his pen in the company ink!

He gives me the creeps

• Love 6
On 9/27/2015 at 11:50 PM, RhiRhi said:
On 9/27/2015 at 9:00 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

DFW - CBS affiliate interview with Kelsie about her job as a medical device sales rep. Not sure why she's in the operating room as much as she says (not that she'd have a reason to lie, I just don't get it) but for what it's worth:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/video/3297901-a-dallas-cowboys-cheerleader-who-operates-on-and-off-field/?sf13487641=1&sf13487667=1

It is weird but all medical device sales people I know are in the OR for all operations with their devices. They are actually on call a lot.

I know this is a late post but I was reading through the older comments from last years auditions.  When Courtney said she got a job in pharmaceutical sales I was like no way.  My mom did that for a living before she retired and had to not only call on local Dr. Offices, but drive far out into the small town doctors.  She was doing that all day for the 8 hours then would come home and worked what seemed like another 8 hours.  There is no way to do that kind of job and then go to rehearsals at night.  Incidentally her bosses name was Sydney and they called her "Squidney" because no one could stand her LOL

Edited by missmansfield
Wrong word
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I still cackle when I hear the name Starr Spangler. That's so comic book gladiator stripper pro wrestler toddlers and tiaras.

Her real name is Melissa or something normal like that.. ie she chose to call herself that ridiculous name. 

1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Wait, SHE gave herself the moniker "Starr Spangler"? Is that true? I'm going to change my name to Merr Icca. Or Liber Tee. 

I'm changing my name to Princess Consuela Banana Hammock, and if that's taken I'll just go with Crap Bag.

(I'm assuming plenty of people will get this reference.)

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Oranaiche said:

I'm changing my name to Princess Consuela Banana Hammock, and if that's taken I'll just go with Crap Bag.

(I'm assuming plenty of people will get this reference.)

HAHAHAHA friends

Just now, Oranaiche said:

?

The forum has had me in stitches, at work, all day today. I'm getting a lot of awkward looks.

Luckily I work all alone in my little area lol

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

Luckily I work all alone in my little area lol

Lucky!

It's my dream to work from home. Only leaving the house when I WANT to is my personal American Dream.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 5

Lucky! It's my dream to work from home. Only leaving the house when I WANT to is my personal American Dream.

Oh no, I don't work from home (starts singing fifth harmony) I just work as the receptionist who gets the biggest office in the building lol. The way our building is set up is you walk into the reception area and it's this large dome like area with tons of windows and then there's double doors to the rest of the building.

2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

He seems to love socks!

Ha!  This reminds me of the line in BEST IN SHOW when Jennifer Coolidge is sitting next to her corpse of a husband and says, “We have a lot in common.  We both love soup." 

1 hour ago, RhiRhi said:

Her real name is Melissa or something normal like that.. ie she chose to call herself that ridiculous name. 

Isn’t Starr her middle name or something like that?

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Oh no, I don't work from home (starts singing fifth harmony) I just work as the receptionist who gets the biggest office in the building lol. The way our building is set up is you walk into the reception area and it's this large dome like area with tons of windows and then there's double doors to the rest of the building.

Haha yeah, I didn't mean that you work from home, but I realized how I read and went back and spaced it out lol. I just personally want to work from home someday because, well...people. ?

Haha yeah, I didn't mean that you work from home, but I realized how I read and went back and spaced it out lol. I just personally want to work from home someday because, well...people. ?

haha same. That's why I'm taking an entrepreneur class this semester, besides that it's an elective and I need it to graduate.

24 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Ha!  This reminds me of the line in BEST IN SHOW when Jennifer Coolidge is sitting next to her corpse of a husband and says, “We have a lot in common.  We both love soup."

Isn’t Starr her middle name or something like that?

YASSSSS. Christopher Guest is basically my life.

• Love 3

Why did Lacey fill in for Erica's spot?! Do they alternate who makes these big scale appearance perhaps?

Also on the topic of media... remember how last season it was Ashley Pro, Breelan, and another DCC vet that were predominantly featured in the new DCC website/twitter banner for promo; we thought surely they can't get off'ed at finals...look what happened. The "new" girls of this year are Erica, Robin, and Kashara. Obviously they choose these three girls typically for diversity - a redhead, an African-American, a blonde, a brunette, etc. Surprised it's not Amy T since she gets all the DCC love but, too, who is featured in these promo shots aren't necessarily who is to be tapped for Point girl. If I had it my way, Erica would be point girl next year and Kashara would move higher up. She is a knockout.

Edited by homelife