Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: The Travel Agency

MostlyC
  • Start Topic

Cooper enlists Red in a case of personal importance; Ressler leads a mission to stop the resurgence of a murder-for-hire ring; Tom disregards a warning to halt his investigation into the suitcase.

36 minutes ago, Happywatcher said:

The wife seemed a touch mean.

The wife had lost everything.  At least I didn't predict what was actually going to happen.

Could Cooper really just barge in, show his badge, and shoot a bunch of people with no repercussions?

On 11/2/2017 at 0:16 AM, Mysteyman said:

Was I the only one  who thought that this was an appropriate episode to air during halloween week?

It had a creepy feel.

The wife was somewhat like Mr Kaplan acting out her revenge. When the morning wake up sequence was repeated the first time, I felt sure that she was involved in the murders. The husband was acting too robotic to be the person driving the killings.

Edited by VinceW

This episode was boring and rather stupid all around.  And the Travel Agency used an actual travel agency as it's cover -- that just seems lazy.  How stupid were these clowns that left lists of targets lying around their old office ?  Just based on that stupidity they deserved to be gunned down.

I know that Tom is still in pursuit of the MacGuffin ... err, the briefcase chock full of bones ... but I don't know what the hell he is doing anymore.  And I don't care about Pete anymore.

And Cooper is off on some quest, but has no problem killing his way to find Isaiah Hill, let alone identifying himself as an actual federal agent in the process.

According to Argon Wright's driver's license he was born in 1978, so how did he get to be a handler for the Travel Agency when he claimed that he knew a guy "30 years ago" that drove the same car ?  Did he handle people when he was 11 -- because he would have been 11 in 1989 ?

So the wife was pissed that Calvin had his own version of 'take your daughters to work' day, and he left the kids in the car while he went to whack a guy, but the hit went south and the daughters both died.

And if Calvin had been in a convalescent home since 1989, how would the postmaster know who he was ?  Because I doubt they let him out in his condition.  Let alone who kept the payments on it for 28 years -- he even said that he barely comes in anymore.  Who kept that car in such great condition after all these years -- including the sniper hole in the trunk ?  Because there was no rust on that car at all.  I guess the wife put all that money she discovered to good use.

I laughed when Lizzie whipped out the "I'm a mom too" card and Calvin's wife said "then you'll understand" and promptly gunned down Calvin.

And the ending with goofy Lizzie who just wanted to get married ...... again ..... was just dumb.

• Love 6

All I could think is that once the wife found out what hubby did, why didn't she just shoot him then?  No, instead she comes up with this elaborate plan to track down everyone involved with the business of killing people and has her husband take them out because he has no clue who he happens to be killing with his condition.  No sense whatsoever.

Cooper killing people arbitrarily and identifying himself as FBI is supposed to have no repercussions?  Really?

Tom and Lizzie getting married...whatever.  At least there wasn't a kidnapping or gunfire involved.

Tom's quest...whatever.  After speaking with Red it doesn't dawn on him that someone higher up the food chain than Pete is behind Nik's murder and Pete's girlfriend being warned off?  No, he's going to figure out the mystery of the bones by God because Lizzie must be saved from Red.  Just kill Tom now though I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

Tom's quest...whatever.  After speaking with Red it doesn't dawn on him that someone higher up the food chain than Pete is behind Nik's murder and Pete's girlfriend being warned off?  No, he's going to figure out the mystery of the bones by God because Lizzie must be saved from Red.  Just kill Tom now though I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.

Maybe the wife killing her husband for endangering the daughters is foreshadowing for Tom and Liz.  Anyhow, the only thing that I want Tom to see at this point is what Red told Lizzie at the beginning of season 4.  He told her that she keeps blaming him for what is happening to her, but that she was born into it.  I want Tom to finally see  who the bad people really are and hopefully Red will pale in comparison to them.  I imagine if Tom really does find out the secret he will be comatose for the majority of the season or dead.  I'm hoping for dead.  I'm not saying Reddington is the best person in the world, but his every intention for some odd reason that no one seems to understand is to make sure LIz is safe.  If he didn't care he would have left her and Tom to fend for themselves after Alexander Kirk caught up with them.  I clearly remember Tom was of no use then either.  He was able to save his own life, but on his own he's got nothing.

The story has a weird sort of sense to it.  What starts as a horrible accident for the turns into something else when she realizes the only reason her two children are dead is because her husband took the kids out on a hit that went horribly wrong.  My guess is that she didn’t just blame her husband but everyone involved and she became obsessed with finding them all and making them all pay regardless of the level of culpability.   Husband and wife were essentially living the same day over and over again.  The wife was just occasionally sending hubby out on revenge hits that he would later forget.  

It’s actually a pretty interesting storyline and  is that I think about it would make an entertaining thriller written from the husbands point of view.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
On 11/2/2017 at 7:04 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

...And if Calvin had been in a convalescent home since 1989, how would the postmaster know who he was ?  Because I doubt they let him out in his condition.  Let alone who kept the payments on it for 28 years -- he even said that he barely comes in anymore.  Who kept that car in such great condition after all these years -- including the sniper hole in the trunk ?  Because there was no rust on that car at all.  I guess the wife put all that money she discovered to good use.

The wife came by the convalescent home periodically and she would take him out for a day or two on furlough. During each stay at home, he was sent out to do the killings after she activated the staged recordings. After his last failed killing mission that caused the amnesia and large medical bills, the wife went to their bank for financial help, but found out by accident about his personal accounts which then funded her actions for the next ten years while following the path that led to the travel business operation.

Edited by VinceW
11 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

And the ending with goofy Lizzie who just wanted to get married ...... again ..... was just dumb.

Tom: Should we share this occasion with....ahhh....Agnes??

Liz: Who?

• Love 6
23 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

The wife had lost everything.  At least I didn't predict what was actually going to happen.

Could Cooper really just barge in, show his badge, and shoot a bunch of people with no repercussions?

He is a member of the Senior Executive Service at the most powerful law enforcement agency in America. The FBI handles background checks for the most powerful people in government and business, including the federal courts. If every single other SES wanted to bust him they may be able to, but if their choice is "Hero Black Leader saves lives at great risk to himself" or "Top Level FBI Boss is a murderer", they are going with option A.

15 hours ago, Happywatcher said:
On 11/1/2017 at 9:45 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

He is a member of the Senior Executive Service at the most powerful law enforcement agency in America. The FBI handles background checks for the most powerful people in government and business, including the federal courts. If every single other SES wanted to bust him they may be able to, but if their choice is "Hero Black Leader saves lives at great risk to himself" or "Top Level FBI Boss is a murderer", they are going with option A.

And Cooper is off on some quest, but has no problem killing his way to find Isaiah Hill, let alone identifying himself as an actual federal agent in the process.

Yeah, that's what I meant.  What if his killing spree hadn't let to a murder arrest, just to guys with guns, now dead?  would he have claimed responsibility for the shootings?

22 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

Cooper killing people arbitrarily and identifying himself as FBI is supposed to have no repercussions?  Really?

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
21 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

The story has a weird sort of sense to it.  What starts as a horrible accident for the turns into something else when she realizes the only reason her two children are dead is because her husband took the kids out on a hit that went horribly wrong.  My guess is that she didn’t just blame her husband but everyone involved and she became obsessed with finding them all and making them all pay regardless of the level of culpability.   Husband and wife were essentially living the same day over and over again.  The wife was just occasionally sending hubby out on revenge hits that he would later forget.  

It’s actually a pretty interesting storyline and  is that I think about it would make an entertaining thriller written from the husbands point of view.

She might also be subconsciously blaming herself.  Her husband had the girls because she was in the hospital.  Obviously not her fault, but guilt is guilt.

Who kept that car in such great condition after all these years -- including the sniper hole in the trunk ?  Because there was no rust on that car at all.  I guess the wife put all that money she discovered to good use.

She also didn't worry about putting innocent people at risk of collateral damage.

According to Argon Wright's driver's license he was born in 1978, so how did he get to be a handler for the Travel Agency when he claimed that he knew a guy "30 years ago" that drove the same car ?  Did he handle people when he was 11 -- because he would have been 11 in 1989 ?

I also question whether he would have spilled everything to the FBI without some guarantee of immunity or minimal punishment.  He's likely going to spend the rest of his life in jail for all the killings he set up.  Why not keep quiet and take his chances with his sniper?  Or try to disappear?

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:04 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

I was totally perplexed by this subplot.  What was the point?  Perhaps I'm just not seeing it yet, but it felt just so damn random.  And Red and Dembe along for the ride because...I guess they've been bored?  Although I almost threw up a little bit with Red's speech to Harold on how he would feel guilty or something about drugging up the crack dealer...right after Harold shot up the crack den and killed a few folks.  Felt guilty indeed.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:18 PM, milkyaqua said:

And apparently Tom is smart enough to figure out that GF is being followed...but forgets that fact when he goes to meet with her in the park after downloading info off Pete's computer??  Apparently this follower dude is a whole lot smarter than every person in BL: Redemption since I always expected someone to figure out that Tom and his dad were meeting on the all hidden like in every episode but somehow almost never got caught... 

And, come on!  Nik happens to go to THE ONE SKETCHIEST DUDE in all the world to help him identify the bones?  The guy who now has some unknown past?  The guy that is going to end up being tied to some Big Bad that they could not have foreseen??  I mean, geez.  The season finale when all is revealed better be good (I'm still hating on the big Berlin reveal.  Dumb, so dumb).

• Love 1

Lizzzzz wasn’t annoying and there was a great and dark twist... not bad.

The whole “black men being shot by cops” was an anvil. The story Cooper told was crap. If a cop pulls you over, and tells you to get back in your car, and you refuse and teach for your wallet, what do you think will happen? I get that it’s implied that he was pulled over for no reason, which may be true but we don’t know what happened so it’s all hearsay. Writers do better.