Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Part-Time Hires

When Amy's daughter gets a job at Cloud 9, Amy turns to Jonah for advice on how to balance her parenting. Meanwhile, Garrett and Dina argue over who broke up with whom, and Cheyenne tries to convince Mateo that the cute construction worker might just be flirting with him for store perks.

Whoever does the female actresses' hair deserves a medal. All of them, right on down to Emma and newbie Kelly looked really great. Speaking of Emma, this show moves forward in light years, because only last season or so she was only 12. Amy's spirited defense of Emma brought a tear to my eye. My mom would totally do that too. And I swear I've seen Emma's shirt on Amy in an earlier episode. Nice touch if it was on purpose.

Kelly is clearly the spoiler in the Jonah and Amy story, and I'm peeved with myself because I found her low-key annoying when she barely had any lines. I did feel bad for her, though. And it's clear that Amy is in no position to be dating anyone just yet. She's got a lot going on at home.

Carol's gross plan for Jerry was NOT funny. They need to re-tool that character or get rid of her.

Garrett and Dina continued to be my favorite couple on this show. He clearly has no idea how to handle her, is clearly affected by her, and it's driving him nuts not to be in the driver's seat.

• Love 8

It sucks she got hurt but lol at Justine's fake alcohol problem possibly backfiring.

That douche construction worker was fine as hell. 

I agree I LOVE Dina and Garrett. I wish they would stop with Jonah and Amy, I find Dina and Garrett much more interesting and entertaining to watch.

• Love 10

I can't believe Garrett fell for her "maybe we should get back together" line.  I could see that coming from a mile away.

About the construction worker-why was he so focused on the employee bathroom?  I know he didn't want to use a porta potty but why not just use the customers' bathrooms? 

• Love 11

When Cheyenne and Mateo were watching hot construction worker flirt with someone else, all I could think was, "why does he have to go to the bathroom so much?" so I was delighted when Cheyenne said the exact same thing (even though I'm not sure being on the same page with Cheyenne is a good thing, in general). Also, when I read the program description, I thought the guy was flirting with Mateo so he could use his employee discount; it never would have occurred to me that he was just after his bathroom pass.

I had to Google child labor laws because I didn't think a 14-year-old could work, but evidently the law has been changed since I was 14. 15 was the minimum age back then, although a lot of us just lied and said we were 15 and no one ever checked.

Yeah, Carol has to go. She's just disturbing now.

• Love 13

My favorite bit was the shopper behind the pharmacy counter just grabbing giant bottles of pills and putting them in his cart. I wish I knew where that pharmacy was! I also loved it when Amy went back to that guy who yelled at her daughter and tried to convince him to yell at her again. "You can shake her a little." 

• Love 11

So, they have “hot new chick”, whom I would think would be getting all kinds of help and attention from the guys. But, instead, she was ignored all day. Interesting twist.

And Amy couldn’t just take Emma’s phone away if she was so concerned about her behavior? Though that is realistic with many parents I know. 

• Love 5

I love Garrot and Dina, they're just so hilarious. Poor Garrot, he really should have seen that one coming. 

I was wondering why the hot construction guy kept having to go to the bathroom, and then Cheyenne asked the same thing! Weird...

Please, no dildos. 

• Love 3

Am I horrible person that the first thing I thought when she fell on the slippery floor was that even if Emma didn't clean it in the proper manner to minimize slipperiness, there were literally "caution wet floor" signs RIGHT THERE and thus it's not super shocking the floor might be somewhat slippery?

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I can't believe Garrett fell for her "maybe we should get back together" line.  I could see that coming from a mile away.

About the construction worker-why was he so focused on the employee bathroom?  I know he didn't want to use a porta potty but why not just use the customers' bathrooms? 

I can't believe Garrett and Dina are even somewhat "together!" What happened to their constant protestations that they were strictly sex without a relationship? I feel like we missed something along the way. I really want to see more of their relationship.

The construction worker storyline had no real payoff. They never answered why he was running to the bathroom and yeah, the customer bathrooms are probably just as nice as the other ones. Although from my experience in retail, I would often take bathroom breaks just to get off my feet and away from other people. So I can pretend that's the excuse.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:24 PM, EarlGreyTea said:

yeah, the customer bathrooms are probably just as nice as the other ones

I have never, ever, worked anywhere in retail where the employee bathrooms (when there was one) wasn't much cleaner than the customer ones.  I don't blame construction guy for not wanting to use the customer restrooms.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

Customer restrooms? I thought he didn't want to use the outhouses. It made me wonder why the store didn't have customer restrooms. 

It's highly likely the PortaPotty would have been better than the customer restrooms. Customers can be gross. 

Speaking of Emma, this show moves forward in light years, because only last season or so she was only 12.

Labour laws don't stop any one of any age from working.

For example-- every child actor since the Little Rascals.

There are laws requiring children to be educated. My daughter got her first job at 10 working in a plant nursery, when her teachers went on strike. I started behind the meal counter at Woolworth's at 13, as a summer job.

And I just thought of an exception. In Canada, construction workers must be at least 16. But not factory workers.

If the employer will hire them, they can be hired.

On 10/18/2017 at 6:30 AM, Commando Cody said:

Customer restrooms? I thought he didn't want to use the outhouses. It made me wonder why the store didn't have customer restrooms. 

The construction guys are probably not allowed to use the customer bathrooms.  That's why they have the outhouses.