Type keyword(s) to search

Older: Cast & Crew in Other Roles

3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Miriam Shor guest starred on this week's episode of Broad City (S4.E3). I loved her on GCB so it was fun to see her in a very unglamorous role!

I first fell in love with her from Swingtown. Tuned into GCB because of her. Tuned into this because of her and Sutton, who I fell in love with on Bunheads. I remember Hilary Duff from Lizzie McGuire (which I was way too old to watch, but did anyway, I'm a sucker for Disney shows) and Nico I remember from Make It or Break It. So as stupid as this show can be, I do love the cast. 

• Love 1

You just mentioned most of the other roles that I've seen the cast in. I've also seen Hilary Duff in some movies and guest starring on some series including Gossip Girl where she dated Dan for a while. It's been a long time since I watched so I'm not completely certain, but I think she was the one that had a threesome with Dan and Vanessa.

Miriam Shor was hilarious on Broad City in that short scene! She's such a great actress! I didn't recognize until almost the end and then I rewind the scene to watch it again. So good! Love her. She's being wasted on Younger but I'm happy that she's got a steady job. Hopefully, this gives her even more exposure for bigger and better things in the future.

• Love 1

It’s not another appearance, but Sutton recorded “I Enjoy Being a Girl” for Amy Sherman Palladino’s new show “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.”  If you like her voice and broadway, then it’s for sale through Amazon.

• Love 1

Miriam Shor was in last night's episode of The Americans.  I'm not sure how long her arc is, but it seemed like she'd be in more episodes.  Unless I didn't pay enough attention to the storyline, and it was a one-off.

I think she'll be on for more than one episode, as her character's husband is important to the current plot. I hope she has more to do—I can't imagine they cast someone like her to just lie in bed and wheeze.

Just watched the first two episodes of Bunheads on Hulu and Sutton Foster is a delight. I really like her character and the storyline is interesting and different. Looking forward to watching the rest of the series.

• Love 2
On 9/30/2017 at 10:12 AM, Mabinogia said:

I remember Hilary Duff from Lizzie McGuire (which I was way too old to watch, but did anyway, I'm a sucker for Disney shows)

I'm embarrassed to say that Hilary was the only one I really knew coming into this show. I know I've seen some of the other actors other places but I just don't remember or can't place them.

I think Lizzie McGuire was the last good Disney show. Not to say that I haven't watched others since then, but that was the last one about a normal average girl. Looking back on it, it really wasn't a great show but I still like it. I stumbled across a blog a while back called Lizzie McGuire Reviewed where this girl rewatched every episode and reviewed it. It's so funny. She rips all the WTF moments from the show.

(edited)

Sutton Foster returns to Broadway in The Music Man starring Hugh Jackman

Preview performances begin September 9, 2020, and the show officially opens on October 22. 

The upcoming production will be directed by four-time Tony winner Jerry Zaks and choreographed by Warren Carlyle, reassembling the key creative team from Rudin's record-breaking 2017 blockbuster revival of Hello, Dolly!

Per last week’s initial announcement about the show, Hugh Jackman has signed on for a full year. No official word yet on how long Sutton’s run will be but I wonder if this will affect a renewal decision for S7.  

If the show ends up getting renewed, they may need to work their schedule around The Music Man. I guess they could either film it in late 2019/early 2020 before she goes into Music Man rehearsals and then air it in 2020 while she’s on Broadway. Otherwise they will have to wait until 2021 (!).

The pessimistic part of me fears that this means they will get renewed for S7 and that they will make it the final season.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

If they even get a season 7. Sutton's Younger contract could possibly only run through season 6 and if she wants to move on and do this play, the show is shit out of luck.

(edited)
49 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

If they even get a season 7. Sutton's Younger contract could possibly only run through season 6 and if she wants to move on and do this play, the show is shit out of luck.

Most standard American tv contracts are for seven years so  it’s likely that in order for her to commit to The Music Man, she had to talk to the Younger producers about accommodating her schedule in the event that the show is renewed for S7. That’s what makes me think that a decision has probably already been made about S7.

Fingers crossed that the producers and the network sat down and decided to give the show one more season so they can wrap things up and end the show with certainty (as opposed to having a S6 cliffhanger that never gets resolved because the show got canceled after they finished filming S6).

Sutton has always talked about the show (as well as the cast and crew) with great fondness so I doubt that she would just give everyone the middle finger and run off to do The Music Man. That seems like unnecessary bridge burning and she seems much more professional than that. 

The move to Paramount made me wonder about the show’s future!

19 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Most standard American tv contracts are for seven years

For broadcast networks. But with these little cable shows, you never know. 

I saw the picture of her and Hugh on their Instagrams yesterday - thats very exciting!

As much as I love this show, I doubt there is much mileage left in the story. Diana and Lauren are they only ones still in the dark and Quinn wanted to 'celebrate' her daring move. Unless Kelsey is suddenly forced to lie about her age too to shift the premise away from Liza a seven season run will probably be a good result. I also wouldn't be surprised if they shot and wrapped up S6 and a potential S7 in one go before Hilary goes into full Hayden Panettiere mode.

(edited)

Sutton Foster will be performing Into the Woods at the Hollywood Bowl

The Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine musical, also starring Patina Miller, will be presented July 26–28.

Joining the previously announced Pippin Tony winner Patina Miller as the Witch, Gaten Matarazzo (Netflix's Stranger Things) as Jack, and Shanice Williams (NBC’s The Wiz Live!) as Little Red Riding Hood will be Tony winner Sutton Foster (Thoroughly Modern Millie, Anything Goes) as The Baker's Wife, Skylar Astin (Spring Awakening, Pitch Perfect) as The Baker, Tony nominee Hailey Kilgore (Once On This Island) as Rapunzel, Sierra Boggess (The Phantom of the Opera, The Little Mermaid) as Cinderella, Chris Carmack (Grey's Anatomy, The O.C.) as Rapunzel's Prince, Tony winner Anthony Crivello (Kiss of the Spider Woman) as Mysterious Man, and Cheyenne Jackson (Xanadu, 30 Rock) as Cinderella's Prince/The Wolf.

Wasn’t the Music Man news posted ages ago when she was initially cast? I swear we had a discussion about whether that meant S6 would be the last season of Younger due to Sutton being on Broadway. I scrolled up but couldn’t find anything about it, so did I imagine all that? I’m starting to feel like Mugatu!

In regards to his previous role in the Beautiful Life, Nico Tortorella shared this story about Ashton Kutcher catching him doing drugs in the bathroom (https://people.com/tv/ashton-kutcher-yelled-at-nico-tortorella-after-the-star-did-coke-in-the-bathroom/

Could have been a good story but of course Nico has to be a victim in this story so the narrative becomes that Ashton should have been more supportive . IMHO he was incredibly supportive not to fire him on the spot, he was his boss not his costar in this project.

“Should I have been doing those things around my bosses at that moment? No, probably not. But if he or anyone in that moment actually cared about me, there would have been a way to sit down and have that conversation in a meaningful, helpful manner.”

"'If something was going on between me and one of the kids I was working with now, I would handle it so differently. Ashton is an incredible business man and has built a f***ing empire. But, you know, could have used a little bit more help there, bud.'"

• Love 2

I'm not the biggest fan of the 'tough love' approach to such problems but I also don't see why Kutcher should have been obligated to a gentle intervention. He's not a friend nor a relative. Also he did not fire Tortorella nor call the Cops. I wonder if a talk full of TLC would have worked quite as well. I'm always weary when someone in their 30's thinks it's time to write an autobiography - this (and other excerpts I've seen) does nothing to change my mind.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 4
On 4/25/2020 at 9:28 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Nico was one of the contestants on the first episode of RuPaul's Celebrity Drag Race. You will not be surprised that Nico was extra as fuck.

SO EXTRA!!! I may have decided as much as I like Nico's character on Younger, I may need to avoid seeing them when they are just being them-self as it was a bit annoying. I think it is great to talk more about gender fluidity and I didn't realize Nico went by they/them until the show. But between the show and then reading some comments about Nico's interactions with Ashton - ugh. 

‘How I Met Your Mother’ Sequel Series Starring Hilary Duff Ordered at Hulu

In the near future, Sophie (Duff) is telling her son the story of how she met his father: a story that catapults us back to the year 2021 where Sophie and her close-knit group of friends are in the midst of figuring out who they are, what they want out of life, and how to fall in love in the age of dating apps and limitless options. According to an individual with knowledge of the project, it remains unclear how/if the new show will tie into the original.

The new series hails from “This Is Us” co-showrunners and “Love, Victor” co-creators Isaac Aptaker and Elizabeth Berger, who serve as writers and executive producers on the news series. “How I Met Your Mother” creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are also onboard as executive producers. Duff will produce in addition to starring, with Adam Londy serving as co-executive producer. 20th Television will produce the new series as it did with the original.

Sutton Foster Replaces Megan Mullally in London Revival of Anything Goes

Sutton Foster, who won her second Tony Award for her work as Reno Sweeney in the 2011 Broadway revival of Anything Goes, will again step into the role created by the late Ethel Merman this summer at London’s Barbican Theatre. The Broadway favorite replaces Megan Mullally, who has withdrawn from the show due to an injury.

Performances begin at the London venue July 23 with an official opening August 4. Directed and choreographed by Tony winner Kathleen Marshall—who helmed the 2011 Broadway revival of the Cole Porter musical—the limited run will continue through October 17.

Foster, who will be making her West End debut, will star alongside the previously announced Tony and Olivier winner Robert Lindsay (Me and My Girl) as Moonface Martin, Evening Standard Theatre Award winner Felicity Kendal (The Good Life) as Evangeline Harcourt, and Gary Wilmot (Chicago, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels) as Elisha Whitney.

Laura Benanti appeared on Jimmy Fallon last night. Lin-Manuel Miranda and other Broadway stars (Olga Merediz, Phylicia Rashad, Kristin Chenoweth, Christopher Jackson, and Jimmy Smits) were celebrating the pending return of Broadway!