Type keyword(s) to search

GH History Lessons: Because History is Always Repeating Itself

• Start Topic

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 6:06 PM, nilyank said:

He did not kill Adela's unborn child - that baby turned out to be Ric. He killed Joe Sully to save his father Mike. He killed Karpov and AJ for stupidstupid and selfish reasons.

I am sure he killed a bunch more nameless characters but killing AJ was his worse offense. Everyone else was in the business and just as dirty as he was.

he also shot his son in cold blood, and tried to kill Johnny by blowing up his car. If this show had had any guts they would have had Kristina die while in the car. Johnny saved her. PLUS , lets not forget how many hits he put out starting with the good looking John that worked for him. Jason killed him on Sonny's orders.

• Love 1

We never saw the body, so I firmly believe Lorenzo snuck off and is living happily somewhere, wondering why on earth he ever decided to go to Port Charles in the first place. He and Skye have put the past behind him, and he sees Lila Rae often and is a doting father.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

We never saw the body, so I firmly believe Lorenzo snuck off and is living happily somewhere, wondering why on earth he ever decided to go to Port Charles in the first place. He and Skye have put the past behind him, and he sees Lila Rae often and is a doting father.

Lorenzo went to Europe and became a painter, it was there that he saw a picture of a couple that enchanted him.  He ended up in New England later.  Pennsylvania.   He met a saucy minx with a heart of gold and reunited with his sister. His new relationship was ended when her presumed um different husband returned.  They reunited when her husband was arrested for murdering his special twin.  He became engaged to her, but disappeared one day for reasons.  Lorenzo-  if that is his real name-  will come out of hiding when the time is right.  

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Just focus on Maxie pushing Dante away from the hug!

You know I did! Ugh I miss them tbh. They never interact anymore.

Also, and I don't mind ER's Lulu/never was that invested in JMB's Lulu, that clip made me really miss JMB's Lulu. But honestly it made me miss Dante and Maxie too and they're still here so make of that what you will.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Sigh. This could've been such a good story but no. Everything always turns to shit.

Yes it could've been. You had Maxie hearts problems her being a transplant survior, her having problems carrying too term. A story where Maxie could've just became too attached too their baby through the pregnancy & not want too give it up. A good damn story with 3 flawed good individuals . But nooooooooooooooo we couldn't have that instead we got Lante being used as a means too an end for Maxie too end up pregnant with some baboons child so they can be reunited together.

2 Legacy's crapped on Maxie's, Lulu's, 1 couple fan base crapped on Lante, Maxie almost destroyed by the story, a msygosinic custody Battle, Baboon ending up with the baby instead of Lante, A Baby this show doesn't give 2 shits about & Maxie tied down with a baby she didn't need nor want & they don't even acknowl edge. No other legacy female who has had a baby has been treated this way in regards too how this show treats Maxie when it comes too Georgie. But that is what happens when you knock a female up for the sole person of reuniting her with a man-child.

So a good story & multiple characters went too shit all in the name of a sorry ass character & his crappy ass pairing. Exactly why Ron needed too be fired.

Edited by NiqueAlexis
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

Best moment at 3:12

I loved the part where she says come give your baby mamma a hug. I think that has too be my favorite Maxie/Lulu scene ever. Also when Dante tries too give her hug/get in the hug & she is like um no. I miss KSt/JMB/DZ dynamic together. They were magic together especially in the beginning of that story before it went too hell. Know they barely interact at all. They're all so isolated from each other. Last time they interacted was the NB when Maxie asked Dante too strip for charity. Though I wonder how Dante keeps getting out of it, if Dom has something in his contact that says he doesn't have too strip.

• Love 3

Decades from now, i'll still be pissed that Ron had Spinbitch be the father of Mac & Felicia's grandchild.  

And then to add insult to injury, he made Felicia a Spinbitch fangirl.

I feel nauseous again thinking about it.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

You know I did! Ugh I miss them tbh. They never interact anymore.

Also, and I don't mind ER's Lulu/never was that invested in JMB's Lulu, that clip made me really miss JMB's Lulu. But honestly it made me miss Dante and Maxie too and they're still here so make of that what you will.

https://youtu.be/0-mOjiS5NVI?list=PL0428CEA022C49174&t=459

Another good Maxie/Dante (and their crazy ass hair) moment at 7:39

Dante: maybe next time you can call, or text . . . or e-mail . . . 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh, this is the scene I was looking for - 3:51 - Maxie offers Dante plane tickets for a trip she and Matt were going to go on because she's concerned about Lulu.

oh, and at 9:18

Dante: have I ever told you how much I like Maxie? She's easily one of my favorite friends of yours.

Lulu: You call her ditzy.

Dante: yeah, cause she is ditzy. She doesn't come across that way, but she's a really caring person

Lulu: Are you high?

ETA: If *that* was when Dante had decided to cheat on Lulu, after she refused a vacation with him because she wanted to spend more time with freaking Luke, I would have not have blamed him one god damn bit lol.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

https://youtu.be/0-mOjiS5NVI?list=PL0428CEA022C49174&t=459

Another good Maxie/Dante (and their crazy ass hair) moment at 7:39

Dante: maybe next time you can call, or text . . . or e-mail . . . 

Dante hair is a fuckin hot mess. He got that Charlie Angels hair feather going on. Plus side of all this is that this Maxie's normal good period. New relationship, being a good friend & she is talking like a normal person.

Lulu on the hand was insufferable during this period(Jakes death at the hands of Luke) from her treatment of Lucky, her insensitivity, her obsession with keeping her rapist baby killing daddy around at the expense of her brother. I'm like he killed your nephew, your brother's son with no remorse bitch get a fuckin grip. 

Luke root of all evil.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Tiger said:

Decades from now, i'll still be pissed that Ron had Spinbitch be the father of Mac & Felicia's grandchild.  

Lol That's how I feel every time I see his face. Besides the insulting of the audience collective intelligences with the Maxie miscarries & ends up pregnant the same night, that has 2 be one of the top 2 nightmares stories that Ron created. Cranco Being Numero uno.

Edited by NiqueAlexis
add words
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Tiger said:

I block out pretty much everything Ron did. Canon my ass.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, NiqueAlexis said:

Lol That's how I feel every time I see his face. Besides the insulting of the audience collective intelligence with that Maxie miscarry & ends up pregnant the same night that has 2 be one of the top 2 nightmares that Ron created. Cranco Being Numero uno.

That shit was so insulting to those of us who have actually had miscarriages (and  to anyone with a basic understanding of how babies are made).  

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

That shit was so insulting to those of us who have actually had miscarriages (and  to anyone with a basic understanding of how babies are made).  

I don't know what was worse about. I mean Spinbaby, yeah. Saddling Maxie with a child they weren't going to let her raise, thereby making her repeat Frisco's foot steps. Lying to Lante. Or the doctors going "Muh bad, Lulu, you can totally have a baby." They could have told a very clean story, but muddied it all up and elevated Spinbitch to some sort of sainthood. 

• Love 6

And then Dante asking Spinbitch to be Georgie's godfather when at least 10 other characters, including Sonny, would have been a more logical choice.

Whatever.  Im stilk just hoping for a "Ya see, Dr. O . . . [insert commercial break] . . . and that's the whole story of how Dr. Matt is really Georgie's father".

• Love 9

The craziest thing to me about Maxie's pregnancy storyline is how almost completely absent from it Mac and Felicia were, especially when the truth came out that the baby was actually Maxie's.  I mean, we've never seen Mac hold that baby.  That's ludicrous!

• Love 10

And Felicia didn't get a scene with her too my knowledge cause I don't remember one till almost 2 yrs later. The whole damn thing was a travesty & it was never about Maxie, her parents & her Legacy in the first place. Which they continue too prove. I wish there was a way too erase & undo the whole mess.

• Love 2
On 6/25/2016 at 9:06 PM, HeatLifer said:

I block out pretty much everything Ron did. Canon my ass.

Except for when AJ was not dead and went on that awesome truth telling spree that Michael believed.   Oh and when Michael went straight real gangsta on Sonny and Carly for killing AJ for about a couple of months and went on his own truth telling spree.  And the one time Morgan got drunk and became MWOP at that party and told Sonny he sucked as an everything and then had sex with Ava.  And Carlos.  Sweet, sweet Carlos.  All canon.  Except AJ is still hiding.  For now.  

• Love 5

And the one time Morgan got drunk and became MWOP at that party and told Sonny he sucked as an everything and then had sex with Ava.  And Carlos.

For a moment, you had me thinking I missed a very interesting and daring development. I was about to ask, "Consecutively, or all three of them in the same scene? Now that's a manic episode!" 

• Love 3
On 7/7/2016 at 5:47 AM, Asp Burger said:

For a moment, you had me thinking I missed a very interesting and daring development. I was about to ask, "Consecutively, or all three of them in the same scene? Now that's a manic episode!" 

Nah.  Ron would probably still be employed if he were that ballsy.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

You're welcome.

what brought this on? Not that I mind. Jason's best moment. Well, it might have competition with "how great Michael turned out? Come on."

Flashback Wednesday* to that time Dante looked really hot

*yeah yeah I know flashback Wednesday is not a thing

• Love 4

Ashamed of myself because I actually do not remember when that picture took place. I think it was around March of last year but no clue of what they were doing in the scene or anything.

I randomly miss Patrick. @HeatLifer, cure me!

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, ulkis said:

what brought this on? Not that I mind. Jason's best moment. 

YT recommendations. They always show me the best clips. I might post random ones more often. Better than anything on the show right now.

37 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I randomly miss Patrick. @HeatLifer, cure me!

Girl, I'll ALWAYS miss Patrick.....the real one.

The one who appeared in the last two years, though? Can't say I'll ever miss that wallpaper man purse. His country song-singing, half-asleep ass was as bad as that mullet.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Girl, I'll ALWAYS miss Patrick.....the real one.

The one who appeared in the last two years, though? Can't say I'll ever miss that wallpaper man purse. His country song-singing, half-asleep ass was as bad as that mullet.

This Patrick?

I know I have probably posted this before but I don't care - we just don't get scenes like this anymore on the show.

• Love 6

I was thinking about "Eddie's Angel," for some reason. When was that, 1998-99? That was such an embarrassing story. Teenage boys drooling over cheesecake photos of Alexis? Ned having a following of '90s teenagers in the first place, on the basis of that music? I sympathized with NLG.

Of course, I had no idea the Dobson story was coming, or I would have saved my sympathy.  

• Love 2

Don't bother fighting over Jagger, girls, he ain't worth it. He'll just grow up and babble about how YUGE it is to be making America great again. ;)

• Love 5

Faison meets Jason and, of course, not-so-subtley threatens Robin. Starts at 4:10.

All I kept thinking about during this scene is if it was 2014 and written by Ron, Jason would be like, "Paris? Do I know someone in Paris? This isn't weird at all. You seem nice."

• Love 2
17 hours ago, UYI said:

That part about Luke's old friend--this is right before Roy was brought back, wasn't it?

Yeah, Roy came back in '99.

Jason and his full head of hair apologizes to AJ (well, "dead" AJ) for taking Michael away. Starts at 3:11. 

I love any and all of Jason's apology tours over the years.

11 hours ago, UYI said:

Sonny tells Sam about Jason & Carly's history together. And yes, they were still a couple then (gag).

It's weird to look at that because I've always felt like Kelly's looked the same age more or less but then I see this and it's like, whoa, she was such a baby.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Just one in a list of reasons that that pairing was vomit-inducing

I watch pretty much every clip that's posted here but I can't with that one, lol. And any recap of Jason and Carly is unwanted by my ears.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I watch pretty much every clip that's posted here but I can't with that one, lol. And any recap of Jason and Carly is unwanted by my ears.

I'm sorry. :( Here's something better, although the fact that he was with Keesha then makes that whole "should have grabbed you when I had the chance" a bit uncomfortable to me:

• Love 1
(edited)

Some are saying they wish Ingo had not come back for whatever bad story is in store for him. I'll go one better: As far as I'm concerned, Jax "died" around 2002. He was a great character his first time around, and he did surprisingly well when he returned in the generally awful year of McTavish, but Pruza quickly turned him into a joke. He became a bystander in his own stories, almost a male "damsel in distress." Remember when Luis Alcazar shot him with Brenda there, and he talked ineffectually until Sonny showed up for the rescue? Then he was paralyzed from the gunshot and the story was made all about Brenda and Skye. Then he really got loser writing in the couplings with both Courtney and Carly, the low point of which was Irina kidnapping and raping him, which was made all about whether Carly could get past it and forgive him.  

I missed his exit, but I watched regularly enough from 2002-10 to see the character completely emasculated. It could not have been much fun for IR to play.  

Edited by Asp Burger