Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Ignite on Contact

• Start Topic

After learning the school fire wasn't an accident, Chief Boden turns up the pressure on Severide and Casey to investigate the cause of the fire that trapped his wife. Fueled by a competitive bet against Firehouse 87, Mouch pushes all of the wrong buttons in his need to win the competitive challenge known as the firefighter muster. Meanwhile, as Kidd settles into her new living arrangement, her unresolved feelings prompt her to question the intentions of newcomer Hope.

Dear ghods, Gabby, just STFU and get off my screen, 'mkay.

This episode did absolutely nothing for me except cause me to roll my eyes a few times.

Enough with the genuine animosity between houses. It's awful every time they do it.

Did nobody think to start unloading the boxes from the back of the rollover truck to help stabilize it before the chain got hooked up? All you'd have to do is get the ass end of that truck down about 6-12 inches and you have enough room to get 87's man out without deploying the bags. With no cargo on the back, all you'd probably need was 8 to 10 guys strategically placed in the back to pivot the front in that specific given situation.

What's with all the oddball complex chemicals in that high school lab? And the tins of them in an unlocked cabinet? I doubt the kids will be experimenting with quarts of solvents, which is what those cans looked like. That was a headshake moment for me. Oh yeah, why was the interior of the lab still a smoky haze? Didn't 81 overhaul it correctly or is it still in the walls or something?

I called the kid with the bandages, although it was a different reason. I figured he wanted to be the hero and rescue someone from a fire he set, not to get back at a bully. And the bully gets a pass for assault causing bodily harm? Even if he didn't start the fire he committed a felony of his own by beating a smaller kid to the point he had to be hospitalized, and should be getting locked up for it.

The muster was anticlimactic and should have gone for one more episode, with more on the line than money. And why was only their shift participating? Why not B and C shifts, too? Including the New Guy from last season?

Edited by NJRadioGuy
  • Love 7

Awww, just because it worked out in the last scene, Severide should still be on the hook for assault and battery, of a minor no less.  If there was one CC camera on the stairway, that kid just got a scholarship thanks to the CFD.

Keith Moon???  The guy's been dead longer than Severide's been alive.  The kids are really going to recognize that reference.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

Awww, just because it worked out in the last scene, Severide should still be on the hook for assault and battery, of a minor no less.  If there was one CC camera on the stairway, that kid just got a scholarship thanks to the CFD.

Keith Moon???  The guy's been dead longer than Severide's been alive.  The kids are really going to recognize that reference.

I definitely had to google Keith Moon. I thought that was the kids actual name and got confused when they started calling him Mateo lol

I'm not a firefighter and I do not know any firefighters, so my knowledge is extremely limited. However, if you are getting underneath an overturned truck that is balancing precariously, shouldn't you take steps to secure it first to make sure it doesn't fall down on you?

• Love 3

Does it always gave to be Gabby's face we see when the unexpected happens, like Bodin showing up to be the anchor for the tug of war? And sorry, when Brett said some guy had a thing for Gabby--um, she's really not all that. Outside of Showland she's not getting a second look. 

I was hoping the fire was set by another teacher. And I thought it came across as racist to have Kelly figuratively bludgeon Mateo into "admitting" the fire (like Ruzek on PD last week going after a young dad with his son while Atwater looked on). Not a good scene.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

nd sorry, when Brett said some guy had a thing for Gabby--

I feel like someone has a crush on Gabby every second episode or it's mentioned how amazing she is. Monica Raymond is beautiful but the character Gabby is so so unlikeable that I can never buy anyone putting up with her. In real life most guys would be out after her first strop.

• Love 4

This episode didn't do much for me and didn't care for it really. 

The person who mentioned the truck accident that 87 was doing... I know, right? So dumb. 

What Severide did was wrong but what Mateo did was wrong too and I guess they both will get away with it. I admit, I was thinking that Severide and Casey would not have been helping OFI but I don't know how fire investigation works. 

Nice to know that Brett notices something is up with Hope but I wonder if Severide is really not interested in Hope but wants to be nice. 

Was hoping Cruz would tell Mouch off as he was getting annoying. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I thought that was hilarious!  I know who Keith Moon because I"m old. This kid would have been born in 2000 at the earliest!

17 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

I called the kid with the bandages, although it was a different reason. I figured he wanted to be the hero and rescue someone from a fire he set, not to get back at a bully. And the bully gets a pass for assault causing bodily harm? Even if he didn't start the fire he committed a felony of his own by beating a smaller kid to the point he had to be hospitalized, and should be getting locked up for it.

I called the kid too, but I thought it was revenge against the teacher for failing him on a test or the class, etc.  I guess Walter White had his lab set up there - why did the classroom have so many chemicals, solvents, etc?

So now Donna is a fire expert and Gabby is a detective "Chlorine? Like for a pool?"  Duh!

For some reason Donna bugged me this episode.  I don't know if it was because she suddenly had an accent or if it was because she worked at the school for ONE day, but she knows everything and everyone at the school.  Where's the Principal?

Sylvie's friend has been in town for a couple of weeks but only brought one pair of short shorts.  I don't care about her or her problems!  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, juliet73 said:

I thought that was hilarious!  I know who Keith Moon because I"m old. This kid would have been born in 2000 at the earliest!

I called the kid too, but I thought it was revenge against the teacher for failing him on a test or the class, etc.  I guess Walter White had his lab set up there - why did the classroom have so many chemicals, solvents, etc?

So now Donna is a fire expert and Gabby is a detective "Chlorine? Like for a pool?"  Duh!

For some reason Donna bugged me this episode.  I don't know if it was because she suddenly had an accent or if it was because she worked at the school for ONE day, but she knows everything and everyone at the school.  Where's the Principal?

Sylvie's friend has been in town for a couple of weeks but only brought one pair of short shorts.  I don't care about her or her problems!  

I think it was annoying that Donna, seemed to know things about people.  

I didn't think it was the kid at first but thought maybe he saw it and didn't want to say. 

I didn't notice the shorts Hope was wearing but I bet she was trying to get Severide. But then, who wouldn't? 

I thought Boden ordering Casey and Severide to "investigate" the arson, would be the catalyst for this season's Boden pissed somebody off, let fire him storyline.  Guess it's too early to play that card.  It will probably be closer to sweeps before the annual "Boden's job is in jeopardy" story arc.

• Love 1

When Severide showed up at Mateo's door, I fully expected to hear the words "I'm sorry" come out of his mouth. But no, he just went on and on about how Mateo needs to buck up and do better. And even worse, Mateo was just silent. That was a disappointing scene.

How is Sylvie's friend allowed to spend so much time at the firehouse? I thought Boden was pretty strict about non-employees being there...

• Love 2
23 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

When Severide showed up at Mateo's door, I fully expected to hear the words "I'm sorry" come out of his mouth. But no, he just went on and on about how Mateo needs to buck up and do better. And even worse, Mateo was just silent. That was a disappointing scene.

How is Sylvie's friend allowed to spend so much time at the firehouse? I thought Boden was pretty strict about non-employees being there...

EDIT: Yeah, I agree about Severide though, he could have apologized. 

Boden might be strict but perhaps when he's in his office he doesn't see it? 

Edited by Waterston Fan

Donna bugged me this episode too. It's like she's all of a sudden gone ghetto or somethings.

Also Boden acted like a tool being a dick to Severide/Casey for not Being able to prove his wife's hunch.

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 1