Type keyword(s) to search

Ship Happens (Or Doesn't)

• Start Topic

I think Dylan and Kelly should have never gotten together.  They clearly loathed each other from the beginning and never were happy at any point in their relationship.  Brandon and Kelly, while total shitheads together and apart, did have a long period of being happy together and their buildup together was sweet, as was their reunion in season 7.  

I would have liked to see Brenda and David get together.  It would have been interesting to see how they both would have interacted with Donna differently.

• Love 3

I think Dylan and Andrea should have gotten together because he was always trying to be so deep. And, Steve and Kelly because they were both pretty superficial. Brandon and Donna, because she was such a ditz and he could have really enjoyed his acting superior around her all the time. Which, I guess just leaves David and Brenda (I more or less stopped watching after HS years).

37 minutes ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

I think Dylan and Kelly should have never gotten together.  They clearly loathed each other from the beginning and never were happy at any point in their relationship.  Brandon and Kelly, while total shitheads together and apart, did have a long period of being happy together and their buildup together was sweet, as was their reunion in season 7.  

I was going to write this exact same thing. And I really thought they would have said Kelly and Dylan. Aside from how miserable they were together, they were also kind of miserable to watch. It's not fun to watch a couple who can't stand to be together be together! And it ruined Brenda and Kelly's friendship, which was one of my favorite parts of the show. 

Andrea and Steve would have been so much fun together! But I guess we're kind of getting that same dynamic with Claire and Steve. Though Claire is a lot bitchier (or at least will be in these upcoming episodes) to Steve than I think Andrea would have been. 

Edited by MerBearStare
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

I would have liked to see Brenda and David get together.  It would have been interesting to see how they both would have interacted with Donna differently.

I like the love triangle aspect of shows, so I don't mind that they put them together. But what I didn't like was how the writers try to go with a theme for Kelly and Dylan being soulmates, yet everyone in the audience knows and sees how much they hated each other from the beginning. I can't think of one episode where they weren't fighting, mad, angry, or got along. If you are going to try to push them as soulmates, for God's sake let them get along just for one scene.

I liked Brandon and Kelly's build up and thought they were cute together the first time around, but by their second reunion they were just terrible together and so boring and self-righteous as a couple.

• Love 2

Steve and Andrea was definitely my choice.  It's so weird that, outside of Steve's pining for Kelly and Andrea's pining for Brandon, neither had any kind of real, recurring love interest until the back half of season three with Celeste and Jordan.

As far as couple I wish never happened, tons of good choices, but I'm going to go with Valerie and Brandon.  True, they never really became a couple, but Val having any kind of smooch-y feelings for Brandon was never a good look on her.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

Well, they liked each other when they were cheating on Brenda.  Afterwards, total hatred.

I agree about Steve and Andrea.  That would have been fun. 

• Love 2

the relationship which made 0 sense for me was David and Clare. They had no chemistry and they never had a story line together. I just felt like their relationship was added for no reason. It's a pretty unpopular opinion but I did like Donna and David together and hated when they were with other people in between. Especially when Donna got with Noah. That went on way too long.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

I hate Donna and Noah together.  Noah was so wooden and all Donna did was whisper at him because she was always upset.  

hahaha yes she always whispered with him! I could never understand what she was saying, I needed subtitles. I feel like Donna's personality did a 180 when she was with Noah vs. any of her other boyfriends.

9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I have a crackpot theory that Tori Spelling requested being paired with the "new Dylan".  Doesn't it veer very quickly from Noah/Val and David/Donna to Noah/Donna?

Yeah Donna gets over her boyfriends very quickly. From Ray to Joe took about 1 minute, from Joe to David took a minute and a half, from David to Noah took a millisecond and from Noah back to David took less than that. 

9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I have a crackpot theory that Tori Spelling requested being paired with the "new Dylan".  Doesn't it veer very quickly from Noah/Val and David/Donna to Noah/Donna?

Tori dated Vincent Young (Noah) after they met on set so that wouldn't surprise me.  Yes, the season 8 pairing happened really quickly after the season started, maybe 5-6 episodes in (which is quick for them considering the seasons when on FOREVER).

The 3 I would have liked to see would be Donna and Steve. I don't know why but that would be weird to watch. David and Brenda would have been similar to David and Valerie without the scheming, and throwing a curve would beB Brandonand Ginger just to spite Kelly and would be an interesting dynamic.

The relationships I would have removed were Colin and Valerie, Nat and Joan, and David and his rapping career. He can play the piano instead.

• Love 4

I liked David and Val.  They had a genuine friendship that grew organically into a relationship and they actually had chemistry.  The show didn't give the relationship enough time, especially because they seemed to be creating this message that "Bad girls" like Val, don't deserve good relationships, which was super annoying. 

• Love 3
On 9/30/2017 at 8:18 AM, luckyroll3 said:

I liked David and Val.  They had a genuine friendship that grew organically into a relationship and they actually had chemistry.  The show didn't give the relationship enough time, especially because they seemed to be creating this message that "Bad girls" like Val, don't deserve good relationships, which was super annoying. 

I did like them the first time around . I thought they were good together .. but when they got together the second time around ( same with Kelly and Brandon ) .. I just didn't see it with them . She was full of too much drama for him 

I would have loved to see the love quad have been Brandon-Steve-Ohndrea-Kelly (what makes you think you're so damn irresistible?) vs. Kelly-Brenda/Brandon-Dylan.  I can see Steve liking Ohndrea, Brandon getting jealous, Kelly still crushing on Brandon, Steve still being jealous even though he's with Ohndrea.  This could have made an interesting senior year for sure.

I know they wouldn't have "gone there" but Clare and Val seemed to have really good chemistry. 

I'm always a yes on Val-David. 

@Pink-n-Green totally understand your excitement on the post like.  Once, in the podcast, they talked about one of my posts (about how scrawn Dylan is now and how he must have been super scrawn "back in the day" when he was dealing with Stuart and the drag racing guy) and I squealed with glee outloud, like the giant dork I am.

And, in a flashback reference, I was relistening to old podcasts and got a nice ab workout to #sandwichorgy (which is better, sex or a sandwich) and "spank-bank-a-loo" (when Dylan visits his dad for Christmas and he asks about Brenda in a pervy way).  All of these were before Dylan turned into the worst. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SoupThrower said:

They were the most normal couple of the show which probably isn't a good thing. 

yeah i think that's what it was. I was always expecting a story line with them but we never really got one. I don't know, they just never seemed into each other lol.

Edited by Jaclyn88