Type keyword(s) to search

These Spoilers Suck: Bitter Speculation About SPN Spoilers

catrox14
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Spoilers With Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

"There's some scenes that also make it come full circle," Padalecki told TV Guide at a recent event celebrating the show's big milestone. "For Sam specifically... we see [him] get some reconciliation that he hasn't really had, he's been desiring. He didn't even know he was really looking for this. We see him tie up some loose ends and really make the most of his situation, and it's a pretty awesome situation."

According to Samantha Smith, Mary's reaction will run the gamut of emotions. "Unbridled joy... shock and then joy," Smith said of Mary's reaction to the possible reunion. "I think that John is the love of Mary's life and that would be anyone's dream come true, right?"

link

Will Dean get to interact with John? Probably not. Jensen is not mentioned. But yippie, the IceQueen gets her dream. Urgh. Well, so long, Bobby. You bagged yourself the most selfish twat ever.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

link

Will Dean get to interact with John? Probably not. Jensen is not mentioned. But yippie, the IceQueen gets her dream. Urgh. Well, so long, Bobby. You bagged yourself the most selfish twat ever.

Sounds like a direct repeat of Dean's confrontation with Mary, right down the motivation.  (I didn't know I needed it) I bet Sam won't talk about how much John mistreated Dean.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 7

Dean can't be the one to kill everyone. He has had ALL the major kills in the show. I wouldn't mind Sam or Cas killing Michael. 

JDM return explains both Jared and Jensen saying over the weekend that the favorite scene to film this season will occur this week. I bet it's that day.

Dean insisted that he had to be the one to kill Abbadon, and he did, just as he said he would. 

That wasn`t framed as something good and heroic. Taking out Michael surely will be. The line that he won`t be happy until Michael is taken out and HE is the one to do it is a set-up to take the character down a few pegs and humble him so that he learns to step back. The entire vibe is different than merely telling a villain you will take them out. This can`t end well for the character. But why should it? The Michael "storyline" has been handled in the most disappointing manner so far so taking it away from Dean entirely seems like it fits.

Dean can't be the one to kill everyone. He has had ALL the major kills in the show

No, he didn`t. Sam has had multiple. But even so, Michael is the one who made him feel like drowning, why should the character not get catharsis for that? Sam got multiple victories over Lucifer and now the character is being brought back so Sam will obviously get his second chance. 

Dean wasn`t the one who got to have a cathartic victory over his hell tortures Alistair so I would appreciate if he at least got to be the one to deal the death blow to Michael. 

Same as Cas should get the Empty at this point. It is clearly his storyline.   

JDM return explains both Jared and Jensen saying over the weekend that the favorite scene to film this season will occur this week. I bet it's that day.

Jared said that. Jensen said his favourite scene of the Season would be an upcoming bar fight. Now maybe that is in the 300th episode but I doubt it`s a scene with JDM. If he had one as Dean, I could see him naming that as his favourite. 

Now Jared said Sam will get multiple scenes with John. Apparently Mary will get at least one, maybe two for a tearful goodbye. JDM won`t be in every scene so that leaves little room for Dean to have a scene with him at all. 

I just hope they at least won`t use that to trash-talk him with John in the end telling Sam how much better and stronger he, Sam, is compared to Dean. Or Mary telling John  how great Sam is and either forgetting Dean or belittling him. If they can at least refrain from shitting on the character, it would be easier to stomach.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 5

Big kills for Dean - Azazel, Death, Zachariah, Hitler, Abbadon, Lucifer, Cain, entire Styne family

Sam - Lillith, Gordon, Ramiel, Alistair, Alpha Vamp

I am the biggest Dean fan you will find but I don't mind someone else getting this big one given his overall batting average. 

Big kills for Dean - Azazel, Death, Zachariah, Hitler, Abbadon, Lucifer, Cain, entire Styne family

Sam - Lillith, Gordon, Ramiel, Alistair, Alpha Vamp

I am the biggest Dean fan you will find but I don't mind someone else getting this big one given his overall batting average. 

Hitler was a joke moment on the side. And since Lucifer is clearly coming back, he either counts for both of them or none of them.

However, Michael isn`t a random villain for Dean. If it was about who killed the crazy Shadow / Empty-Keeper, I would say Dean shouldn`t be first in the running. Cas should have dibs, then maybe Jack. I wouldn`t care at all if Dean didn`t do it. I couldn`t care less last Season that Dean wasn`t the one to kill the boring Col.McChicken.

But Michael is a whole other can of worms. It is supposed to be Dean`s storyline so what is the pay-off for this supposed to be at the end? They screwed up the storyline thus far for the character, if he can`t even get a worthy pay-off from it, it`s worse.

I have a feeling the 300th will be Sam's It's a Wonder Life episode.

Seems like a good guess. So, a true Dabb then? Guess Meredith Glynn only gets the filler scenes.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Jared said that. Jensen said his favourite scene of the Season would be an upcoming bar fight. Now maybe that is in the 300th episode but I doubt it`s a scene with JDM. If he had one as Dean, I could see him naming that as his favourite. 

Now Jared said Sam will get multiple scenes with John. Apparently Mary will get at least one, maybe two for a tearful goodbye. JDM won`t be in every scene so that leaves little room for Dean to have a scene with him at all. 

I just hope they at least won`t use that to trash-talk him with John in the end telling Sam how much better and stronger he, Sam, is compared to Dean. Or Mary telling John  how great Sam is and either forgetting Dean or belittling him. If they can at least refrain from shitting on the character, it would be easier to stomach.

Oh crap. Is John really coming back? I loved the complex relationship between dean and John. I can’t watch the dabb destroy it. The person that was by john’s side the most, didn’t need to be manipulated to love him, stood by him through thick and thin is not going to get any face time?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Also Eve and Dick Roman.

That said, I wouldn't mind if Dean also killed Michael. I think though if they could somehow neutralize Michael and use his power / grace to fix heaven that would be even better (especially because it would solve that problem and we wouldn't have to hear about it any more.)

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Oh I can't wait for the scene where Sam tells John how hard he made things for Dean, how he had to suffer in Hell thanks to John's prime directive. I'm sure it will be quite touching. 

I'm so pissed off that Dean wasn't even mentioned in that one article about John coming back.

Both Sam AND the Ice Queen get mentioned but not Dean?!

Fuck that shit.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, BabySpinach said:

I don't remember one time when Sam or Cas were made to admit that they didn't know how bad Dean's experience was and then verbally castigate themselves for their ignorance. Sam never expressed that after his own Hell experience, for instance, though it would have helped make up for the things he'd said to Dean in season 4. But it's always Dean who's just not enough, no matter what he does.

One comment was celebrating that Dean had "finally" acknowledged Sam and Cas' past pain, as if he were somehow inadequate until now or that he hadn't gone through plenty of shit on his own and never been comforted for it. It shouldn't be his job to baby everyone else, but Berens just loves casting him in that role. Same with his blunt honesty to Jack in 14.03 that was framed as dickish behavior, as if he's obligated to know of and cater to everyone's sensibilities after coming back from a major trauma. 

There's also zero reason to add in Dean being "conned." Regardless of what Dean believed about Michael's trustworthiness, saying yes to him was still the best and only option at that time. Michael's slow burn monster plan is leagues better than Lucifer unraveling the world within a week and enslaving the remaining half of humanity. So there's no purpose in making Dean look like an idiot for trusting Michael, because trust was never a crucial aspect of this desperate, last-ditch attempt to kill Lucifer. This is just another excuse to shit on Dean, as is Berens' MO.

First this and then the JDM non-spoilers for Dean.

It's beyond ridiculous.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

It's beyond ridiculous.

I am convinced that someone *coughcoughDabbcough* behind the scenes has it in for Jensen. The subtle and not-so-subtle pettiness of the writing and the demeaning of his character just can't be denied (IMO of course).

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I am the biggest Dean fan you will find 

?????

No offense, but I definitely don't agree, although I'm sure that's your opinion. IMHO, I'm the biggest Dean fan ever. You see my problem. ;-)

The list really doesn't matter to me but I have to point out that Sam killed Dean's Hell torturer. Dean's kill of Lucifer was a team thing of both him and Sam as without Sam throwing him the angel blade, Dean/Michael would have been a goner. Also, Dean's kill of Azazel was a team effort with John and Dean as without John's ghost distracting Azazel Dean would have never had a chance at getting to the Colt and shooting him. Hitler was a joke/filler episode but whatever. I would willing give that to Sam any day of the week and twice on Sunday just to never see that episode again, plus not a person Dean told afterwards gave a hoot. As for Abbadon, Cain and the Stynes, he had the MoC and also killed pedophile rapists to prove how truly evil he was at the time so which side are those kills being weighed on exactly? (yes, that was a little sarcasm, ok, more than a little) But the point is that again he had assistance, supernatural assistance, in these executions some of which were caused him to labeled a monster by the fandom so I'm not sure how that's a win/good thing for Dean. 

Sam, OTOH, only had two questionable kills in his list like that, Lilith and Alistair, where he was assisted at all, and it was supernaturally (demon blood). Only one of those was he called into question for and that was Lilith but even Dean defended that stating, "Who knew that killing her would be a bad thing?" Neither did until the very last second and Dean couldn't tell him in time.

4 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Sam - Lilith, Gordon, Ramiel, Alistair, Alpha Vamp

So my revision to this supposed Big Kills List, if we are going with Unassisted Kills, would be:

Dean - Death*, Zachariah (a truly BA moment), Hitler**

Sam - Gordon, Ramiel, Alpha Vamp, Alpha Hell Hound

* which was the stupidest death for a BM EVER and still makes me vomit in my mouth just thinking about gag-inducing idiocy of make believing that BS Sam was spouting was worth trading the entire population and one of the best characters ever for.

** I do NOT even believe this ranks in the ballpark of the other big bads listed but whatever. 

Of course, this is all JMHO. 

14 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

It's beyond ridiculous.

Did you really expect anything different? I mean, really? Seriously?

Edited by Res
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I am convinced that someone *coughcoughDabbcough* behind the scenes has it in for Jensen. The subtle and not-so-subtle pettiness of the writing and the demeaning of his character just can't be denied (IMO of course).

Really? I mean, Seriously? Where did you get that idea? Maybe JDM just couldn't make it to set on the days that Jensen could? I mean, that's possible. Right?

Right?

This has been brought up before and several other posters have debunked this before, right?

Seriously, though, if that's true, it makes me wonder, 1. if others, like his friends have noticed?

2. if they've noticed, are they trying to stick up for him? From some of the things I've seen, I'm not so sure.

3. I've also seriously wondered if Jensen has truly, finally seen the writing on the wall for this administration and if he will finally do something about it. That's what I'm truly waiting to see because I know TPTB won't do crap to save this show from slithering off to oblivion.

2 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Also Eve and Dick Roman.

That said, I wouldn't mind if Dean also killed Michael. I think though if they could somehow neutralize Michael and use his power / grace to fix heaven that would be even better (especially because it would solve that problem and we wouldn't have to hear about it any more.)

Again, Eve and Dick Roman were both team efforts. Dean did not kill either of them alone.

• Love 4

Gee I am so glad that sam gets reconciliation. Though I call bull shit on him not knowing that’s what he was looking for. That’s what he was looking for in his convo and what he got with  young John way back in season 5. The one person who really needs it is the one who is being ignored 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Oh I can't wait for the scene where Sam tells John how hard he made things for Dean, how he had to suffer in Hell thanks to John's prime directive. I'm sure it will be quite touching. 

*snorts*

4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It's almost like Zachariah begrudging Dean his full head of hair :DDD

• Love 5

Sweet Jesus, they're really bringing back JDM...

They are going to flatten his character just like they've flattened any other character that ever was on this show. Is nothing sacred to them?

Does JDM need public attention so badly that he debases himself like this, appearing in an episode of Dabb-SPN?

Or, more likely, has he not watched any of it lately? Has JA, who apparently is friends with JDM, not warned him?

Have none of the actors any backbone to say fuckit, I won't be involved in this tripe?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Res said:

Again, Eve and Dick Roman were both team efforts. Dean did not kill either of them alone.

I agree that Dick Roman was a team effort with Castiel, but in my opinion, Eve was pretty much all Dean. Dean came up with the strategy on his own. No one else even knew about it, and no one else laid a hand on Eve. The only thing that killed her was the Phoenix ash that she ingested because she bit a previously prepared with ash Dean after he goded her into it, and that was all Dean's plan and Dean pulling it off.

So you're right, if the subject was solo kills Dick Roman doesn't count, however, I think that Eve does. It just happened to be a strategic kill rather than a brute force one...

And as I said, I would rather the guys use that kind of strategy in this case. If they can somehow use Michael to solve the heaven problem rather than jut killing him and losing that resource, that would be better in my opinion. There are a lot of souls at stake and that's more important than getting revenge.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Res said:

?????

No offense, but I definitely don't agree, although I'm sure that's your opinion. IMHO, I'm the biggest Dean fan ever. You see my problem. ;-)

The list really doesn't matter to me but I have to point out that Sam killed Dean's Hell torturer. Dean's kill of Lucifer was a team thing of both him and Sam as without Sam throwing him the angel blade, Dean/Michael would have been a goner. Also, Dean's kill of Azazel was a team effort with John and Dean as without John's ghost distracting Azazel Dean would have never had a chance at getting to the Colt and shooting him. Hitler was a joke/filler episode but whatever. I would willing give that to Sam any day of the week and twice on Sunday just to never see that episode again, plus not a person Dean told afterwards gave a hoot. As for Abbadon, Cain and the Stynes, he had the MoC and also killed pedophile rapists to prove how truly evil he was at the time so which side are those kills being weighed on exactly? (yes, that was a little sarcasm, ok, more than a little) But the point is that again he had assistance, supernatural assistance, in these executions some of which were caused him to labeled a monster by the fandom so I'm not sure how that's a win/good thing for Dean. 

Sam, OTOH, only had two questionable kills in his list like that, Lilith and Alistair, where he was assisted at all, and it was supernaturally (demon blood). Only one of those was he called into question for and that was Lilith but even Dean defended that stating, "Who knew that killing her would be a bad thing?" Neither did until the very last second and Dean couldn't tell him in time.

So my revision to this supposed Big Kills List, if we are going with Unassisted Kills, would be:

Dean - Death*, Zachariah (a truly BA moment), Hitler**

Sam - Gordon, Ramiel, Alpha Vamp, Alpha Hell Hound

* which was the stupidest death for a BM EVER and still makes me vomit in my mouth just thinking about gag-inducing idiocy of make believing that BS Sam was spouting was worth trading the entire population and one of the best characters ever for.

** I do NOT even believe this ranks in the ballpark of the other big bads listed but whatever. 

Of course, this is all JMHO. 

Did you really expect anything different? I mean, really? Seriously?

A lot of them are team kills. I was just going with who got the final shot. Also Ramiel for Sam was weird because he was only in one episode so he counts but it really meant nothing. 

We can share the title of biggest Dean fan if you like :)

Edited by Bobcatkitten
  • Love 1

How do you harvest a piece of DNA from a fictional character?  If someone can figure this out we could clone him and each have access to a flesh and blood Dean all for ourselves.

**I'm sure the significant others would understand...

• Love 5

So about John returning:

I wonder if this will be a flashback or some some big villain has been holding John hostage or it will actually be an AU John and we see some dumb Mary and John stuff in the AU? Or John will be Michael's vessel.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, catrox14 said:

If Dean doesn't get his closure with John then I don't know that I can watch amymore. 

May I draw your attention to Cas/God for reference, so that you can prepare yourself? I mean, Cas spent a season looking for dear old dad, lost faith, got resurrected a bunch of times, blah blah blah...they write God into the actual narrative and Cas has Not. A. Single. Scene. with his father. I think they didn't even exchange a single word. Like, really? REALLY?

4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

*ahem*

IMG_20160625_135327.jpg

Well, shit. I'm going to drive around the province like an idiot, looking for this. Heh. :D

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, NoWillToResist said:

May I draw your attention to Cas/God for reference, so that you can prepare yourself? I mean, Cas spent a season looking for dear old dad, lost faith, got resurrected a bunch of times, blah blah blah...they write God into the actual narrative and Cas has Not. A. Single. Scene. with his father. I think they didn't even exchange a single word. Like, really? REALLY?

I am not even a (super) Cas fan and I was like, WTAF?! &%$#$%@ over that one.

16 minutes ago, NoWillToResist said:

Well, shit. I'm going to drive around the province like an idiot, looking for this. Heh. :D

(Hint: Southwestern Ontario ;)

3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

So about John returning:

I wonder if this will be a flashback or some some big villain has been holding John hostage or it will actually be an AU John and we see some dumb Mary and John stuff in the AU? Or John will be Michael's vessel.

I'm 99% sure that 300 will be a self-contained episode - more 200 than 100.  Since time travel is involved, I'm guessing a 'what if' scenario, especially if this is also the episode we get a 'different' Sam in. Although, given Jared's waxing poetic about his unfinished business and didn't-know-he-needed-it closure with John, maybe not that. Seriously, is there not one Dean moment/story they won't repeat with Sam in at least some way?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

*ahem*

IMG_20160625_135327.jpg

That is frigging awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I am not even a (super) Cas fan and I was like, WTAF?! &%$#$%@ over that one.

(Hint: Southwestern Ontario ;)

I'm 99% sure that 300 will be a self-contained episode - more 200 than 100.  Since time travel is involved, I'm guessing a 'what if' scenario, especially if this is also the episode we get a 'different' Sam in. Although, given Jared's waxing poetic about his unfinished business and didn't-know-he-needed-it closure with John, maybe not that. Seriously, is there not one Dean moment/story they won't repeat with Sam in at least some way?

They don’t seem to realise what makes these moments awesome is not the writing but the ackting 

• Love 4

Am I the only one who isn't thrilled by John coming back?  I love JDM, but I'm kind of over them bringing everyone back on this show.  If it has to be, I hope it's some sort of dream sequence, or something like that.  Though if Mary truly gets to see him, then I guess it can't be that.  Oh well...

I also couldn't care less who gets what kills as long as the characters I don't like stay dead.  I'm looking at you, Lucifer!

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Am I the only one who isn't thrilled by John coming back?  I love JDM, but I'm kind of over them bringing everyone back on this show.  If it has to be, I hope it's some sort of dream sequence, or something like that.  Though if Mary truly gets to see him, then I guess it can't be that.  Oh well...

I have my fears about this one, but actors/characters coming back as a one time thing was actually a strength this show had years ago. That's where the "nobody's really dead on Supernatural" motto came from, and I actually thought it made the show special, toying with the concept of death without ridiculing it.

Then Dabb took this motto and twisted it into "anybody can be resurrected and stick around for as long as they want, as many times as they want" and pretty much ruined everything.

• Love 7

Just like I thought.  Its another bait and switch. 

The promo for the next ep shows Michael caught by Sam (of course the supreme leader of the known and unknown universe can subdue the most powerful archangel) and Cas. 

I can even pretend to be surprised anymore.

He gets caught so easily. They just will not give Jensen a chance to shine

• Love 2

To me it was a given that they would end Michael!Dean again in the next ep. Michael does seem blase about being caught, though.

I do hope we get Dean casting him out in his mindscape. That could be kinda interesting.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Just like I thought.  Its another bait and switch. 

The promo for the next ep shows Michael caught by Sam (of course the supreme leader of the known and unknown universe can subdue the most powerful archangel) and Cas. 

I can even pretend to be surprised anymore.

He gets caught so easily. They just will not give Jensen a chance to shine

Yeah, I noticed that as well. It's Demon Dean all over again only even more pathetically sad.

• Love 1

Maybe he's just letting himself get captured because reasons.

Either way, with how much of a funny guy Michael seems to be in this one, it just never felt like the writers had a grasp on this character. I'm sure Jensen had fun though ; he was basically a different person every time he got to play him.

• Love 4

At this point in time as much as Jensen wants it, I actually wouldn’t mind if dean didn’t get to interact with John coz I seriously don’t trust the show to do justice to their relationship. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, BoxManLocke said:

Maybe he's just letting himself get captured because reasons.

Either way, with how much of a funny guy Michael seems to be in this one, it just never felt like the writers had a grasp on this character. I'm sure Jensen had fun though ; he was basically a different person every time he got to play him.

I'm actually all for Jensen playing Micheal the rest of the season. I bet he'd be a great big bad!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Res said:

I'm actually all for Jensen playing Micheal the rest of the season. I bet he'd be a great big bad!

I mean it easily beats Lucifer and The Empty (who is interesting but theorically an indestructible entity) as big bads, sure.

I think it would be incredibly stupid to bring back MichaelDean now just to drop him again with 10 episodes left, but who knows. This season has no structure whatsoever. The only thing you can count on are the midseason and season final cliffhangers. Seems to be the only thing the writers give a shit about.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

To me it was a given that they would end Michael!Dean again in the next ep. Michael does seem blase about being caught, though.

I do hope we get Dean casting him out in his mindscape. That could be kinda interesting.

I'm guessing that's what is going to happen - Sam & Cas convince Dean he's in fantasyland and Dean kicks Michael out for good. Which shouldn't be a problem since now monsters can house the most powerful archangel in 2 universes without exploding. 

Very little about the show makes any sense these days.

• Love 9

It’s kinda funny that they went to the effort of ending the episode with a supposed heart stopping finger snapping moment done by the villain in the presence of our heroes only to show in the previews that everyone is ok and the villain has been captured in hand cuffs 

• Love 8

My biggest worry for the promo is that the fight is between Sam and Michael.  It will either be they have Sam win the fight and hold Michael down for Dean to yell get out, or Sam being beat up is what will get Dean to fight back.  Either way its not really about Dean. 

I'm trying to figure out why Michael stashed Dean in a bar as the bartender.   If it was full I might be able to see it but,  we have never seen Dean in the history of this show want to be a bartender.  The scenario doesn't really fit, so why would Dean just blindly accept that his his life?  The writers don't know Dean at all.

I hope the drunk is Benny.  If it was that hanging out with Benny is something I could accept

• Love 2

It will either be they have Sam win the fight and hold Michael down for Dean to yell get out, or Sam being beat up is what will get Dean to fight back. 

From the vibe of the promo and the proceedings so far, I`m pretty sure it`s gonna be the second option. Dean is clearly stomping on someone that I still think wears the suit Michael is in. Which, while not great, is better than the first one. 

My fear is kinda that Michael`s monsters have their command activated to wreak havoc in the city but of course the 20 hunters that Chief called to protect the city win the day, making Chief the big hero. 

I have no problem if they try but are overwhelmed as the odds would suggest - and obviously at least two of them make it to the bunker - but Dean, with the help of the others, manages to rescind Michael`s command. 

And then Michael, just before being cast out, manages to do something to Dean, maybe something physical so that`s why episode 11 is called Damaged Goods. Maybe Jensen got the episodes confused with the "in a bad place physically" emotional scene. 

The bar is just odd. Seems pretty random. At best it`s like what in Originals was called "chambre the chasse" where something was magically created and the location didn`t matter so much as that all the things were metaphors and allegories for something in the real world. 

Edited by Aeryn13
13 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

My fear is kinda that Michael`s monsters have their command activated to wreak havoc in the city but of course the 20 hunters that Chief called to protect the city win the day, making Chief the big hero. 

This is the problem with the whole chief thing, it really prevents them for telling a story because Sam's record must remain unblemished, otherwise he would have accepted responsibility for Maggie and not let everyone whitewash his mistake and sweep it under the rug.  So if any Supreme leader Chief's hunters gets killed its a mark on that.  So I don't expect any AU hunters to be killed.  I'm sure they're reporting back that they have everything under control.

So far Michael's Monster Army has been less than impressive and I don't see that changing. 

The bar is just odd. Seems pretty random. At best it`s like what in Originals was called "chambre the chasse" where something was magically created and the location didn`t matter so much as that all the things were metaphors and allegories for something in the real world. 

That would be interesting if it was a visual representation of Dean.  One thing I noticed, the beer on tap is Cosmic Cowboy.  That is one of the beers Jensen and family serve at the brewery. 

And then Michael, just before being cast out, manages to do something to Dean, maybe something physical so that`s why episode 11 is called Damaged Goods. Maybe Jensen got the episodes confused with the "in a bad place physically" emotional scene. 

I hope not because episode 11 has Donna and Mary in it, so its probably a ghurl powwa! wayward sue ep.  And its written by Perez, so if Dean is off either hurt or stuck, he'll disappear for most of the ep.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 4

My headcanon is that Dean finds being in a bar talking to bartenders as his "safe space" away from his family (more or less). He can just go there and be alone and not be  lonely. 

Maybe he's the bartender this time because the person in the hoodie is there for Dean to help.  I think Dean is actually a great listener and people seem to want to tell him things ( I mean other than his own family that is LOL).  Maybe Dean's kind of helping that person as a bartender vs as a hunter.  Maybe he made a safe place for other hunters too.  

ETA: I hope we find out it's actually Dean in the hoodie and it's how Dean is trying to help himself.

Edited by catrox14
didn't read previous posts closely enough. It's Perez writing so.....I don't have a good feeling now up on why it's in a bar LOL
  • Love 5

ETA: I hope we find out it's actually Dean in the hoodie and it's how Dean is trying to help himself.

What with the figure`s face/identity clearly being concealed, that might be it. Which would have Dean being the bartender as a version who has no idea what`s going on maybe? Real Dean being slumped over the bar as a metaphor for currently being down. And of course Michael currently wearing Dean. Then the two real Dean-versions would merge and fight against him.

Yes, I know that sounds a lot like the Season 6 Finale with three Sams but the entire "go into someone`s mind to wake them up from angel possession" is also already what they did with Gadreel and the walk into someone`s mind to wake them up is also what Dean did with Mary.

All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again. 

I hope not because episode 11 has Donna and Mary in it, so its probably a ghurl powwa! wayward sue ep.  And its written by Perez, so if Dean is off either hurt or stuck, he'll disappear for most of the ep.

While I`m not looking forward to any thing with the IceQueen, I`m neutral on Donna. And Perez has gotten a tiny bit better on writing Dean. His last few eps were at least a mixed bag compared to the first few which were flat-out horrible. Berens is now the one I`m cringing for. 

Yockey is the best so him writing the mid-Season Opener at least has a chance. 

• Love 3

I'm missing something (well, a lot of things... :) )

Where was the picture of Dean as bartender from?  I know I saw it here the other day but can't find it now, and I went through the promo pretty closely and didn't see it there. I did see the bar as backdrop for a few fights (Michael vs. Sam, Cas on the floor, and what looked like Dean kicking someone in a dark suit on the floor...) but not the one I saw before.  Was it removed? 

On a separate note, if it was Dean behind the bar, I think it's most likely that the writer thought he was giving a clever  "inside" nod to the WFB Brewery and not making any point about Dean or what he would want.  

• Love 1

Where was the picture of Dean as bartender from?  I know I saw it here the other day but can't find it now, and I went through the promo pretty closely and didn't see it there. I did see the bar as backdrop for a few fights (Michael vs. Sam, Cas on the floor, and what looked like Dean kicking someone in a dark suit on the floor...) but not the one I saw before.  Was it removed? 

It was in the flashes Dean saw right before Michael took over again in the last episode. He flashed to the scenes we`d already seen with Michael (not many) and then it landed on that bar with Dean as bartender. To me, that made it seem as if the bar set is kinda the "cell" Michael sticks Dean into when he has possession of him. It appeared to be the last thing Dean saw as Dean. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Yockey is the best so him writing the mid-Season Opener at least has a chance.

Oh wait, I'm confused. I thought the bit with Dean in the bar was the Mid Season opener. If it's Yockey then I have a lot more hope that it will be about Dean. IMO he generally writes great dialogue and he doesn't give it all away right away.  Maybe we'll get something as meaty as we got between Dean and Death!Billie.

• Love 1