Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: The Wolves of War

HunterHunted

Gerard initiates his final attack on the Supernaturals of Beacon Hills.

Jeff Davis interview about the finale

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/teen-wolf-series-finale-explained-jeff-davis-interview-1042371

So that happened.

I'm so over this show that I can't even be pissed that Monroe is still out and about. I don't know how she managed to raise another army after turning tail in Beacon Hills and running like a punk ass bitch.

• Love 1

So I could gripe and criticise this final episode and its utter determination to put action over characterisation and plot. I could come up with a list of things they should have done, shouldn't have done and/or done better. 

But I actually had a stupid grin on my face through the whole thing. It wasn't as incomprehensible as I was expecting and while the solution was stupidly glib, how they were going to defeat the AnukGogo wasn't particularly important in the overall scheme of things. Yes they spent all this time building it up as this undefeatable enemy and they defeated it with a sack of sand they had already stockpiled. But to make that point - and ask why Scott needed to blind himself to make this plan work? - would be griping and criticising so I won't do that. 

Big grin. Will miss the show for reasons I can't explain. Adios, Teen Wolf. Please, God, don't make a Next Generation version. That would be hell.

Added to wonder - in a non-criticising way - why they raised the spectre of Scott having to kill and then took that away as a source of conflict in the final episode. 

Edited by AudienceofOne
  • Love 2

But I actually had a stupid grin on my face through the whole thing. It wasn't as incomprehensible as I was expecting and while the solution was stupidly glib, how they were going to defeat the AnukGogo wasn't particularly important in the overall scheme of things. Yes they spent all this time building it up as this undefeatable enemy and they defeated it with a sack of sand they had already stockpiled. But to make that point - and ask why Scott needed to blind himself to make this plan work? - would be griping and criticising so I won't do that. 

Totally agree. High quality? No. But it was way better than I expected, and I enjoyed it--the emotional beats and some of the callbacks, for me, countered the dumb storyline enough to say it was still a strong finale (though I think 6A might still have been the better overall episode in terms of season ending arcs in 6). 

Things I loved: 

How they set up the stakes right away, even if they ended up dropping them almost immediately. And Gerard WOULD be quoting Shakespeare, and Derek WOULD be the one who knew it in true Dylan McKay broody well-read fashion

Sheriff! That was a fantastic scene, and it's sort of a shame we had to wait 6 years for it. Was I confused by why THAT totally won over the deputies? Sure, but whatever. Also, go Mama McCall! And Argent lives! Whew. I was worried. I mean, he didn't actually do anything, but that's fine, I guess. 

Theo's scenes--after all this, I have to say I'm glad they redeemed him. He's just SO pretty. Theo and Liam have a ton of chemistry, much more than he had with Hayden.

One last outing for Nogitsune Stiles. Dylan is the best actor on the show, IMO, and it was nice to see a final curtain call for his best storyline. It also made total sense for me that, barring a return from Crystal Reed, Dark Stiles would be the one the Anuk-ite would select to torment Scott. Though the way that scene reads makes me wonder if they did ask Crystal Reed for a return and she was unable to do it and wrote Stiles in instead. That would have been a totally sensible place for it, and it's the one beat I really wished they had hit that they didn't. I doubt they asked Arden back, which is a shame, but since Jeff Davis loves Allison I'm sure they did try for Crystal and just couldn't do it. Too bad. 

Lydia's call-back to when she first kissed Stiles to break his panic attack. Just subtle enough to not smash us over the head, but Holland is a strong enough actress to convey where that was coming from with essentially no dialogue. I also have to give Holland credit for the way she regressed her voice, tone, and demeanor to season one Lydia upon seeing Jackson, the way any person naturally unconsciously would after seeing someone they used to be very close to who they haven't seen for a long time.

LOVE the callback to mountain ashhhhhhh, one of my all-time favorite show moments (because that actor's scenery chewing is amazing).

Things I did not love: 

Okay, let's just be out with it--this made no sense. Why did Scott have to blind himself if Stiles was going to be there in two minutes with the actual solution? He couldn't have closed his eyes for another minute? Eesh. 

Wow, our heroes are super bad at not getting turned to stone. You had one job, guys.

Can someone explain to me how they got Parrish into the freezer to begin with? Weapons are obviously useless against him.

It seems like this "army" kind of only consisted of a few people spread fairly thin. 

I loved seeing Ms. Blake, but that scene relied on us believing Derek had some sort of deep love for her, which I don't. I think that is quite possibly the scene that they wanted, but couldn't get, Meagan Tandy for. The actress was pretty vocal about the fact that she had tried to make an appearance work but couldn't. Shame, because I like Braeden.

How Gerard just told them all their loved ones are cornered but we're sitting through a flashback that plays like a rom com of how Stiles and Derek escaped the FBI and other wacky hijinks while everyone just listens attentively. But THEN Lydia says they don't have enough time to get Argent before going to save Jackson. Sigh. 

And finally, while I thought there was adequate closure, it seemed very clear that they were leaving it open-ended in case of a reboot. I hate that Monroe not only got to live but is somehow the new Gerard, because she's flat-out terrible in all possible regards. I love little Bellamy Blake, but eh. It would have been nice to see them really commit to an ending, because I am hard-pressed to believe that this show is really coming back in a way that NOT committing to characters' futures is really going to make a difference. Unless they were just trying to appease shippers, which I would also think is a cop-out. 

The pacing was still a mess. I don't know if Jeff David expected to be given two hours and then wasn't, but this was far too much to fit into an hour, and I feel like a lot of things that could have been great, especially for a finale (like seeing ALL the characters deal with a fear, not just Scott) didn't have time to be there. 

Overall though--I actually really liked it. 

Edited by Jillibean
  • Love 6

This finale was...meh. 6A had a better ending. The hero slow walk doesn't mean much if they didn't really have a reason for it. I think I'd rather have seen a flash forward to their futures. 

And ugh Monroe and her smugness lives another day. I really wanted her taken out. Especially since she ran like a coward when she started losing. Gerard got taken out by Kate which just makes her a dumbass I don't really know what she was expecting. 

It was nice that they let Dylan play Nogitsune Stiles again. That was there best storyline. I'm guessing Scott blinded himself because he didn't trust himself to keep his eyes closed for much longer. That might've actually been Scott thinking for the first time in awhile. 

For the promise of a big battle and Scott having the choice to kill or not. We really got none of that. Although it was nice to see the sheriff channel his Johnny Cage. And that was enough to bring the deputys back on his side. 

This show annoyed me most of the time, but it did have some good moments. I will still miss this stupid show.

• Love 4

God, I hate Kate. It would be kind of hilarious if Gerard killed her.

Well I got that, and even Kate killing Gerard in return, but not satisfactorily. Offscreen? Argh!

And a shot in her side, Gerard, really? What kind of hunter are you? Even Monroe knew to tap head and heart. Kate could conceivably have done the bowtorch trick after killing dear old dad. Hell, dear old dad could conceivably have a set of scars like Breiden and live on.

That was a weak ending for them after years of torturing our characters. Personally, I wanted to see Kate on the end of Derek's claws and Gerard on the end of Peter's, after what they did to the Hales. Or at least for the Hales to be able to witness the poetic justice of the Argents turning on each other.

8 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

Added to wonder - in a non-criticising way - why they raised the spectre of Scott having to kill and then took that away as a source of conflict in the final episode. 

I'm criticizing it. That has been a theme they've been exploring for a long time and they just sidestepped it. Once again, it's STUPID. 1. Their foes are committing murder all around, and the longer they are allowed to live, the more innocents will die. 2. Scott is fine with fighting, and might accidentally kill someone in battle at any time. 3. His dad and his surrogate dad are both law enforcement professionals who understand and have killed in self defense and defense of others. I can't even with this dropped theme. 

2 hours ago, Jillibean said:

I hate that Monroe not only got to live but is somehow the new Gerard, because she's flat-out terrible in all possible regards.

Agreed! She has nowhere near the experience, intelligence, or charisma to be the new Gerard on a worldwide level. It's horsepucky.

I did like Stiles and Derek (I love that the scene from the preview was a fakeout), Lydia and Jackson, Jackson and Ethan (the tail is gross!), Liam and Theo, Corey and Mason, Sheriff and Parrish, Sheriff and Parrish and Agent McCall, Chris and Melissa, and Jeep and Camaro.

I'm meh about the launch of the werewolf dystopia to fuel a bunch of podcasts. What would be the fun of not being able to see the claws and eye flashes and things like Derek's little animal snarl as he left the Chemistry classroom?

I'm coming away with having enjoyed a bunch of actors I didn't know before and a world/characters that didn't get built out well, but was a fun idea.

• Love 3

I'm going to just ignore some of the "huh?" parts of this and just list the things I loved in this finale:

• Stiles & Derek's versions of how they got together
  • Stiles trying to limit Lydia and Jackson's reunion
  • Argent Family Reunion!
  • Gerard finally getting what he deserved
  • Argent and Melissa
  • Mountain Ash!
  • Scott's little speech that included a reference to Allison and how far him and Argent have come together
  • Love 8

I didnt hate it, but I didnt love it either. I did like the callbacks to the beginning, and I liked the growth of these characters. Everyone seemed to have a moment, which was nice. Void Stiles was the best, but I also loved that the Fear Monster flipped through previous season monsters. That was pretty cool. It would have been interesting to see Peter or Gerald jump into that villian line-up.

I like that we didnt see Allison or Kira as Villians. It would have been nice to have people Scott had saved "standing" behind him encouraging him. I would have loved to see Allison and Kira in that kinda scene.

I feel like there was so much potential but they were hindered by so many different things. If this had been a book, we probably would have had Stiles and Derek back much sooner. We would have actually seen Stiles and Derek's side story. We probably would have seen Lydia and Stiles fight to rescue Jackson and Ethan. Stiles and Scott would have a couple more scenes. Someone would have definitely brought up using a mirror to take down the Fear Creature (Goodness, Stiles and Lydia would have suggested that flat out. For how mich they read?) How about Stiles and HIS FATHER having a scene?!

But alas, that's always my complaint. The potential is always greater than what we actually got. I'll miss the campiness and will tune in on Amazon when I need a pick-me-up. The best ending for me will always be the season finale scene where Scott, Stiles and Lydia are in the library together studying. 

Dare I say, I do kinda want to see this future war. I wish they had canned this season and jumped forward to this. It would have never have worked with O'Brien's schedule but it could have been cool seeing everyone as adults saving other supernaturals while fighting off the Hunters in a world that knew about Supernaturals. Alas, more lost potential.

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 3

I'm an easy mark.  I thought it was all in all pretty effective.  Obviously, they were watching S7 of Buffy when they wrote the climax, but it worked.  If you're going to cheat off someone's paper, cheat off someone smart.

It may just be a function of being really tired, but a big part of the success was that it was full of lighter moments that were actually funny.

"My god, I thought you'd never figure it out."  Coming out seems to have done wonders for Colton Haynes' acting.

• Love 3

Well, I managed to keep watching through the final episode. The best I can say is that the torment is finally over. 6A's finale was a better series finale. The only thing this one had going for it was all the guests stars from the past. *sigh* Goodbye Teen Wolf.

• Love 1

Didn't realize this was actually the final episode.  But I am thankful for being able to see the Sheriff completely kick the asses of those little shits, and the coach, as always, being awesome.  I've been worried every season that Coach would die, so I'm glad he made it to the end.  He's always been my favorite.  I'm not happy that Monroe is still out and about, because she needed to die a painful, on camera death.  

• Love 4

Well I finally finished it and I have to say I am glad they made sure to emphasis the most important relationships on the show in Scott/Derek. I would have liked to see a little more in Scott/Stiles,but I guess we got that at the end of 6A. I know a lot of people feel Posey isn't a good actor, but he has improved in leaps and bounds and makes me actually care about Scott McCall. I respect that the one thing that the show has always kept is Scott's optimism and need to find a way beyond simple murder. Something I see the rest of his pack has picked up on.

I'm eh on Theo and Nolan redemption though, but other than that it was a decent if not mind-blowing finale that lends itself to something more in the future. Although they really should just stop here. 

People I'm sad we didn't get to see: Cora, Braeden, and Allison (though, I understand all those actresses were busy.)

The fact that most of the real fighting we saw came from the Hales (Derek, Malia, Peter), just goes to show that instead of Teen Wolf 2.0, they should've focused more on the Hale family and all their drama (that's enough material for a spin off there, but on a better network and with better Show runners). I too am pissed that Scott never got to kill anyone. Especially after Peter's whole "surround your precious Scott with killers" line to Malia. In fact, no one outside of the hunters and (maybe?) Kate killed anyone in the end.

In short, I really want a Hale family biopic man. But with everyone: Peter, Derek, Cora, and Malia, with flashbacks of Laura and Talia. I want to know why Talia thought it prudent to take Peter's memory of his daughter. Did she do it because she knew her brother was unfit or...? They never explained that outside of her trying to hide Malia from her mother. Was it because she knew he wouldn't stay away from her and therefor put her in danger just by his constant proximity? Why didn't we get more Derek/Malia? Glad they finally let Sheriff go full on Retired Jonny Cage

Edited by Gwen-Stacys
  • Love 4

@Gwen-Stacys I've always wanted a deeper exploration of the Hales. There was a ton of underused story there. However, I have no faith in Jeff Davis and his ability to pull that off. Thankfully, someone wisely killed his adaptation of "Let the Right One In," which was sure to be an absolute disaster.

• Love 1

Teen Wolf will always be the show of wasted potential to me. The overall ideas were generally intriguing (although often cobbled together from other shows) but the execution left everything to be desired. It was a triumph of style over substance. There was too much slow-mo, too little light and way too much rain.

They created wonderful characters seemingly by accident, which they then subsequently ruined, underused or cast subpar actors in. It almost seemed like there was a curse on the show because actors who acted perfectly well in other shows handed in terrible performances (maybe it was the direction or the script or the showrunner?). I don’t think it’s any great surprise that the best actors on the show, the ones who rose above it and went on to better things, also played the best-loved characters.

The show always wanted to do too much. Everything was piled on top of everything else. One villain per season would have been enough and it would have left them to write better fleshed-out and more comprehensible stories and, oh, I don’t know, maybe some character development? Everything was sacrificed to the over-laden plot.

IMO what was lacking the most was commitment. They couldn’t or wouldn’t commit to anything: continuity, world building, characterisation, killing off the baddies, the baddies who actually died staying dead, Sterek, Stydia, everything was half-hearted and would change on a whim. Or more likely because they feared they might lose viewers if they went in one direction so they tried to go in every direction at once. In the end, they didn’t even commit to an ending.

Teen Wolf will always make me smile a little for the glorious mess it was and it will always sadden me a little for how good it could have been and wasn’t.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Gwen-Stacys said:

In short, I really want a Hale family biopic man. But with everyone: Peter, Derek, Cora, and Malia, with flashbacks of Laura and Talia. 

4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

@Gwen-Stacys I've always wanted a deeper exploration of the Hales. There was a ton of underused story there. However, I have no faith in Jeff Davis and his ability to pull that off. 

Well, when the show started it was very much about a family feud between the Argents and the Hales. It had been going back for decades and Scott and Allison fell into the middle of it. The show was always at its most interesting when we were dealing with the Hales and the Argents. Maybe because a family feud expressed metaphorically through the supernatural is something we can relate to. That's why the Mexican hunters and Satomi's pack were so interesting because they were mirrors up to the main feuding families. But that kind of story requires slow, measured time spent on characterisation and this show got increasingly bad at that. Overall, I think this show was envisioned more as a music film clip than a serious televisual experience. That got more stark towards the end. 

Because this was a TV show - and a poorly-funded one at that - they clearly had problems keeping actors. There's a reason why all the initial cast were solid B actors while the later cast were Ds or newbies so green they could barely deliver a line. And there's a reason why actors like Hoechlin decided to move on. By introducing Malia they had the opportunity to continue with some of these themes but they dropped that ball. Malia was technically a Hale but you never would have know it from any of her plot lines. Even Peter being her father was reduced to "My biological father is not a nice man". The Hale/Argent feud at the end was reduced to Gerard being suddenly genocidal when he was always most interested in power and control.

2 hours ago, beee said:

Teen Wolf will always be the show of wasted potential to me. The overall ideas were generally intriguing (although often cobbled together from other shows) but the execution left everything to be desired. It was a triumph of style over substance. There was too much slow-mo, too little light and way too much rain.

They created wonderful characters seemingly by accident, which they then subsequently ruined, underused or cast subpar actors in. It almost seemed like there was a curse on the show because actors who acted perfectly well in other shows handed in terrible performances (maybe it was the direction or the script or the showrunner?). I don’t think it’s any great surprise that the best actors on the show, the ones who rose above it and went on to better things, also played the best-loved characters.

The show always wanted to do too much. Everything was piled on top of everything else. One villain per season would have been enough and it would have left them to write better fleshed-out and more comprehensible stories and, oh, I don’t know, maybe some character development? Everything was sacrificed to the over-laden plot.

IMO what was lacking the most was commitment. They couldn’t or wouldn’t commit to anything: continuity, world building, characterisation, killing off the baddies, the baddies who actually died staying dead, Sterek, Stydia, everything was half-hearted and would change on a whim. Or more likely because they feared they might lose viewers if they went in one direction so they tried to go in every direction at once. In the end, they didn’t even commit to an ending.

Teen Wolf will always make me smile a little for the glorious mess it was and it will always sadden me a little for how good it could have been and wasn’t.

I agree with all of this. There were times when I absolutely loved this mess even as I was being let down by it. It was too ambitious but in other ways not ambitious enough. The source material was about the  impact the supernatural had on one person. Instead of concentrating on that small scope and letting the drama of it play out, they kept trying to go BIG and having it fall flat because they didn't have the resources or the space to properly plan the narrative. It's clear that Jackon's arc (at least until he left the show) was the only one that was truly planned out. Everybody else was left to flounder around as the writers tried to work out if they'd get a spin off or another season or be cancelled. 

I personally wouldn't call the plot over-laden. If anything, the plot was too thin and they compensated by having lots of THINGS HAPPEN all the time that weren't plot related. Doctor Who is guilty of this and it seems to be a problem with modern story-telling: keeping the action going to make the plot look complex when it's really just a bunch of people running around. 

On 26/09/2017 at 1:27 AM, ahisma said:

I'm criticizing it. That has been a theme they've been exploring for a long time and they just sidestepped it. Once again, it's STUPID. 1. Their foes are committing murder all around, and the longer they are allowed to live, the more innocents will die. 2. Scott is fine with fighting, and might accidentally kill someone in battle at any time. 3. His dad and his surrogate dad are both law enforcement professionals who understand and have killed in self defense and defense of others. I can't even with this dropped theme. 

To be clear, I'm fine with Scott not killing. You can win without killing. And frankly killing is the easy no-brain option. There's  a reason in real life that violence is associated with low intelligence.  I just think they had this spectre hanging around for a long time about NOT KILLING (even in self-defence although that's stupid) and then they didn't deal with that issue at all. They even had Peter pop up and do his obligatory "Scott has to kill" speech that he's been giving for a while now and then did nothing with that idea. If you think it's important enough to bring it up repeatedly and to even make it an underlying condition of your main character's special snowflake status, then at least deal with it. Even a line with somebody saying "we're going to have to kill her" and Scott saying, "no, there really is another way" would have been enough. They acted as if this conflict didn't exist at all. That's what I had a problem with.

Especially after Peter's whole "surround your precious Scott with killers" line to Malia.

Even a line with somebody saying "we're going to have to kill her" and Scott saying, "no, there really is another way" would have been enough. They acted as if this conflict didn't exist at all. That's what I had a problem with

Yes! I'm fine with Scott not killing, since it has been such a defining character trait, though I would have really liked a deeper exploration of what the repercussions of that choice are. However, once again, this seems like poor arc editing. If you're not going to go there, why bring it up as an issue with Peter and Malia? It was essentially left as a dangling plot that ended up not being addressed, and that's extremely sloppy when your season is only ten episodes. 

In short, I really want a Hale family biopic man. But with everyone: Peter, Derek, Cora, and Malia, with flashbacks of Laura and Talia.

Why didn't we get more Derek/Malia? 

If Jeff Davis is serious about doing a podcast, a Hale family prequel/history could actually fit nicely into that type of media. As for the lack of Derek/Malia, the writers really never did anything with that relationship (IIRC their only scenes as a pair were before Malia knew she was a Hale), so I wouldn't have expected them to start in the finale, though the fact that it really never got addressed is a shame. I would have enjoyed Derek's, "I'm not worried about her!" comment to Scott when Scott wanted to go after Malia as a vote of confidence in her fighting superiority over Scott (which...yes), had she not promptly gotten herself turned to stone. 

Or more likely because they feared they might lose viewers if they went in one direction so they tried to go in every direction at once. In the end, they didn’t even commit to an ending.

Absolutely agree. Whether it was the ship wars or the fact that they clearly are angling for a reboot, they left way too much on the table. In an interview, Davis wouldn't even commit to Gerard being dead. It was clear to me that a lot of the ambiguity in the finale was a result of wanting to keep things open-ended for future possibilities, and it annoyed me a lot. The people who watched this show for six seasons deserved an end to this show. I understand wanting to leave room for Scott since it's very likely they could get Posey back for any reboots or spin-offs. But you're not getting Dylan back in any capacity past a cameo. You're not getting Hoechlin back. You're most likely not getting Holland back. Forget the shippers and just pick a lane! Finish the story YOU wrote, writers!

Obviously, they were watching S7 of Buffy when they wrote the climax, but it worked.  If you're going to cheat off someone's paper, cheat off someone smart.

I think they've cheated off Buffy quite a bit over the years, but not overtly or directly enough that it ever really bothered me. 

Because this was a TV show - and a poorly-funded one at that - they clearly had problems keeping actors. There's a reason why all the initial cast were solid B actors while the later cast were Ds or newbies so green they could barely deliver a line. And there's a reason why actors like Hoechlin decided to move on. By introducing Malia they had the opportunity to continue with some of these themes but they dropped that ball. Malia was technically a Hale but you never would have know it from any of her plot lines. Even Peter being her father was reduced to "My biological father is not a nice man". The Hale/Argent feud at the end was reduced to Gerard being suddenly genocidal when he was always most interested in power and control.

Yes to this. I think it's clear from interviews--even some from this week--that losing Crystal Reed was a huge blow to the show and to Jeff Davis specifically, and I think it put the nail in the coffin of any attempt at sorting through the backstory of those families and their conflict. Obviously the characters who appear and disappear from seasons two to three are also a symptom of the actor attrition problem. The show consistently brought up and dropped plotlines, and I think part of that was the actor issue and part of it was a weird sort of case of writer ADHD. One has to believe there were a lot of things they introduced in the intention of fleshing them out, but something new or shiny came up and their intentions fell through the cracks. 

2 hours ago, Jillibean said:

I think they've cheated off Buffy quite a bit over the years, but not overtly or directly enough that it ever really bothered me.

I felt the end of the Anuk-LITE reminded me of Fear Itself...

I think 6A was a better finale, but that's probably because this is the only 1/2 season I haven't actually watched; I've only seen clips. Lydia's running, screaming "Jackson!" seemed much more Holland/Colton than Lydia/Jackson to me. Would've been nice to see Crystal or Arden again. Would've preferred Sheriff/Melissa to Argent/Melissa. Would've liked a Scott/Stiles hug or some Stilinski interaction. 

All right, positivity time:

1. Nogitsune Stiles as Scott's greatest fear. Nogitsune killed his first love, took over his best friend, hurt a lot of his friends and made his best friend stab him. That would totally be Scott's greatest fear, especially as it represents the time where he was just coming into a real leadership role and he failed. Plus Void!Stiles is awesome. 

2. Badass Sheriff Stilinski. Although I was waiting for him to conclude the asskicking with something along the lines of "I'm fifty-seven" after the guy said he was sixty.

3. Derek and Scott hug! We've never gotten that before, have we? It was nice. I enjoyed that.

4. Stiles and Derek's conflicting stories. And that Stiles called him a "feral, mass-murdering unsub." He's got the FBI speak down. 

5. Coach kicking ass and saying "I am a great coach." Say what you will about the man, but he's always cared about the students. 

6. Derek's biggest fear being Jennifer. Kate would've also been acceptable. These manipulative, evil women really did a number on him. 

7. Scott helping the new werewolf and using the "You're not a monster. You're a werewolf. Like me."

8. Pack reunited and it feels so good.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, bettername2come said:

Derek's biggest fear being Jennifer.

Braeden would have been better (especially since she's still alive -- it would have been more convincing to have Derek see her than Jennifer), but I've read that Meagan Tandy was unavailable -- I think she's filming Survivor's Remorse for Starz.

The Anuk Ite deals in fear, and Braeden was an ally. Even before they became FWB, she never took a job that pitted her against Derek or his pack.

Jennifer, on the other hand, worked her dark Druid magic on him to hypnotize him into bed and distract him from finding out that she was ritually murdering innocents all over his territory. After having been seduced by a hunter as a teen, he would understandably be freaked out by someone who could force that on him again—no amount of lessons learned or caution able to protect him.

• Love 4