Type keyword(s) to search

S30: Spoilers (No Elimination Info)

• Start Topic

Quote from Bella

The next version of the Race starts in October. This is the thread for discussing location spoilers only.

Hint:

• If you bring over a spoiler from another site, IT MUST BE CREDITED. Photos MUST BE CREDITED as well. Failure to do so will result in the posts being removed and warnings given to the violators.

Go ahead and start spoiling on TAR 30!!!

Thanks!

The season will begin Sunday October 1, with a public Live starting line!! 11:30 am at Washington square park in NYC. 

Big brother people Jessica and Cody are confirmed to be participating. 

Source: Hollywood reporter 

I've regretted so many times not going to the season 25 opening in times square. I live upstate. Might have to go to this.

Edited by TheRabbi

I am at WSP. Good sized crowd, and there's a path going towards the big arch, so I'm guessing that's where the Racers will be running first. If you're here . . . I have a faded blue t-shirt and glasses. I got there and was greeted by a fellow TARConer in about five minutes. Sadly, everybody is a blur to me . . . so if you see me, be gentle.

I think casting spoilers are fine, just no elimination spoilers.  That is the thread title after all. But I can wait for a mod to confirm.

Very fun experience today! Anyone who wants details free to message. Their first clue was in the water at the fountain so they had to dive in to get it.

Edited by TheRabbi

Not so much dive as wade. The last person I left was a lady in pink. She was busy getting her shoes back on. Funny to see teams split begin getting their bags nearby and going into the fountain.

I had heard rumors that past Racers were being called back, and I thought we'd have "Racers vs. (Other) Reality" format. But I didn't recognize anybody . . . except for the dude in the facepaint.  That was Tim Janus, better known by competitive eating fans as "Eater X." His partner? None other than Joey Chestnut, who has won the Yellow Belt at the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest nine times, including seven in a row.

I posted my notes on the team descriptions in the other thread. There won't be any REAL spoilers until at least tomorrow, so feel free to have a look. I don't think casting spoilers are forbidden here though.

Just posted links and videos on my Flickr. Wound up using four devices, and I'm not an expert in any of them. So much waiting, some many reshoots, and Phil did his opening speech at least three times. The sinus headache wasn't fun, and my neck is still warm twelve hours later. One nice part: watching production people hug each other. I think that's because the cameramen (or women) are going off on the big adventure as well as the Racers.

ETA: Here's a brief story from Reality Blurred. And here are the "I [HEART] YOGA" girls. Apparently, they've run in American Ninja Warrior. I honestly don't remember them. I do remember the name "Cedric Ceballos," though.

21 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Just posted links and videos on my Flickr. Wound up using four devices, and I'm not an expert in any of them. So much waiting, some many reshoots, and Phil did his opening speech at least three times. The sinus headache wasn't fun, and my neck is still warm twelve hours later. One nice part: watching production people hug each other. I think that's because the cameramen (or women) are going off on the big adventure as well as the Racers.

ETA: Here's a brief story from Reality Blurred. And here are the "I [HEART] YOGA" girls. Apparently, they've run in American Ninja Warrior. I honestly don't remember them. I do remember the name "Cedric Ceballos," though.

Love the pictures (especially the cute dogs)! Thank you for sharing!

There seems to be some confusion online as to what leg they're on, due to missing hours/a missing day where no info was shown, as well as team confusion).

However, as it stands, it's most likely leg 4 or 5 now, more likely 4. 

Leg 4: Saint Tropez, France (courtesy of Reality Fan Forum users)

8 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

There seems to be some confusion online as to what leg they're on, due to missing hours/a missing day where no info was shown, as well as team confusion).

However, as it stands, it's most likely leg 4 or 5 now, more likely 4. 

Leg 4: Saint Tropez, France (courtesy of Reality Fan Forum users)

You are absolutely right and if the mystery that Saint Tropez will be leg 4. The list for the number of legs as to be followed:

1. Reykjavik, Iceland (October 2)

2. Antwerp, Belgium (October 4)

3. Tangier, Morocco (October 6)

4. Saint Tropez, France (October 8)

Courtesty of Instagram user, jonfeinstein, we know where the fifth leg is taking place.

Leg 5: Arles, France (the user just filmed Phil filming a segment on one of the tasks, which will be at Arles Ampitheatre)

ETA: This actually is unconfirmed at the moment if it is its own separate leg, or part of the Saint Tropez leg.

Edited by Lady Calypso

Oh my inlaws live in Arles.  Great little town .  I’m guessing a Van Gogh task (Cafe Nuit is there), other painting task, or maybe something based on the Roman ruins.  They have a colliseum there that they still use for ‘bull dancing.’  Could also be about lavender, olive oil or wine, since it’s in Provence.

I’ll check with family and friends there to see anyone saw something 

Edited by Hanahope
  • Love 1

So, confirmation that Leg 6 (?) is in Prague (courtesty of Twitter user JessicaCodyBB19)

So:

4. Saint Tropez, France (October 8)

5. Arles, France (October 10)

6. Prague, Czech Republic (October 12)

So, heavy speculation is that the teams are now in Harare, Zimbabwe (they flew in from a connection in Zurich, Switzerland)

There's also speculation that there may have been an additional leg in between the 48 hour gap from when teams finished leg 6 on October 12th to when they flew out to Zurich yesterday evening (7:55pm their local time).

So this Harare leg is either leg 7 or leg 8 (but most likely leg 7 because they might have actually taken a 48 hour rest period). 

(edited)
On 10/16/2017 at 0:50 AM, Lady Calypso said:

So, heavy speculation is that the teams are now in Harare, Zimbabwe (they flew in from a connection in Zurich, Switzerland)

There's also speculation that there may have been an additional leg in between the 48 hour gap from when teams finished leg 6 on October 12th to when they flew out to Zurich yesterday evening (7:55pm their local time).

So this Harare leg is either leg 7 or leg 8 (but most likely leg 7 because they might have actually taken a 48 hour rest period). 

I agree with Lady Calypso and that made the Pit Stop in Prague is an extended of 48 hours. As so the leg and location will be as follows:

4. Saint-Tropez, France (October 8)
  5. Arles, France (October 9/10)
  6. Prague, Czechia (October 12)
  7. Harare, Zimbabwe (October 15-16)

The next destination after Zimbabwe will likely be a Southeast Asian nation in the mainland part of that area for the eighth leg, contemporary of a route ala Namibia to Thailand in S2 (across the Indian Ocean). Most likely to be visited like Chiang Mai (Thailand) or Phnom Penh/Siem Reap (Cambodia).

Edited by ApprenticeFan
Leg 7 actually filmed on October 16

I'd be stunned if they travel all the way down there for just a single leg - there's gotta be 2. In addition, the race has to be winding down. This coming weekend will be day 21/22, which is almost always the end. I'm guessing sunday/Monday legs 7/8 in Africa, Wednesday/Thursday legs 9/10 in Asia somewhere. Leg 11 somewhere else on Friday or Saturday, so they can still have the finale back on US soil either late Sunday or Monday. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if there was an extra leg in the Prague area so they can keep to this schedule which has been their norm for years.

It's a different show than it was in season 6. The filming was 30+ days back then. The budget wasn't miniscule. The show will be done filming by Monday at the latest, I'm just saying that if they're only on leg 7, I would be stunned if there wasn't a second leg in Zimbabwe. That said, I will happily eat crow if I'm wrong.

(edited)
10 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

It's a different show than it was in season 6. The filming was 30+ days back then. The budget wasn't miniscule. The show will be done filming by Monday at the latest, I'm just saying that if they're only on leg 7, I would be stunned if there wasn't a second leg in Zimbabwe. That said, I will happily eat crow if I'm wrong.

15 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

I'd be stunned if they travel all the way down there for just a single leg - there's gotta be 2. In addition, the race has to be winding down. This coming weekend will be day 21/22, which is almost always the end. I'm guessing sunday/Monday legs 7/8 in Africa, Wednesday/Thursday legs 9/10 in Asia somewhere. Leg 11 somewhere else on Friday or Saturday, so they can still have the finale back on US soil either late Sunday or Monday. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if there was an extra leg in the Prague area so they can keep to this schedule which has been their norm for years.

The race itself is currently filming in a maximum of 25-26 days longer than most recent seasons since TAR 12. Leg 8 may start around late Tuesday or early Wednesday morning Harare time and travel to Thailand/Cambodia.

Here's a preference of flying to Southeast Asia: Harare -> Johannesburg -> Singapore -> Leg destination (2 flight connections)

Edited by ApprenticeFan
On 10/16/2017 at 5:31 PM, ApprenticeFan said:

The race itself is currently filming in a maximum of 25-26 days longer than most recent seasons since TAR 12. Leg 8 may start around late Tuesday or early Wednesday morning Harare time and travel to Thailand/Cambodia.

Here's a preference of flying to Southeast Asia: Harare -> Johannesburg -> Singapore -> Leg destination (2 flight connections)

How many legs to they run?  Or if it varies, a ball park figure will do.  thank  :)

So, update: there was most likely two legs in Zimbabwe, and they (possibly) just got down to F4 in Bahrain. So the legs are as followed (most likely):

7. Harare, Zimbabwe (October 15/16) 
  8. Harare, Zimbabwe (October 16/17)
  9. Bahrain (October 19)
Edited by Lady Calypso
Edited accordingly to get rid of spoilers
10 minutes ago, TheRabbi said:

Timing of NEL's does not belong in this thread. Come on.

Also, 2 legs in Zimbabwe? How surprising...

Ooops, sorry, my bad. It's my first time on these particular threads so totally my mistake. I edited that information out.

(edited)
6 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

Timing of NEL's does not belong in this thread. Come on.

Also, 2 legs in Zimbabwe? How surprising...

7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, update: there was most likely two legs in Zimbabwe, and they (possibly) just got down to F4 in Bahrain. So the legs are as followed (most likely):

7. Harare, Zimbabwe (October 15/16) 
  8. Harare, Zimbabwe (October 16/17)
  9. Bahrain (October 19)

That is not right. RFF has a lot of speculation with a ton of grain of salt. Harare is actually had one leg has hosted. Teams arrived in that city in late afternoon of October 15 and completed most tasks in October 16.

So, the true timeline will be as follows:

1. Reykjavík, Iceland (October 2)
  7. Harare, Zimbabwe (October 15-16)
  8. Manama, Bahrain (October 19)

That will leave us two foreign countries and three legs left before finishing in SoCal area by next week. Next leg (leg 9) will be in Thailand (Chiang Mai). No more Indonesia.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 1

There's a certain suspense level when a team checks in and you don't know if it's an NEL. Sure you can often tell by the editing or music if the team will be safe, but sometimes you can't. That said, apology accepted, and thrilled to have a new country!

• Love 1
(edited)

Update for leg summary:

Leg 1: Reykjavík, Iceland (October 2)

Leg 2: Antwerp(en), Belgium (October 4)

Leg 3: Tangier, Morocco (October 6)

Leg 4: Saint-Tropez, France (October 8)

Leg 5: Arles, France (October 9/10)

Leg 6: Prague, Czech Republic (October 12)

Leg 7: TBD, Zimbabwe (October 15)

Leg 8: Harare, Zimbabwe (October 16)

Leg 9: Manama, Bahrain (October 19)

Leg 10: Chiang Mai, Thailand (October 21)

Leg 11: Hong Kong, China (October 22)

Sorry, this is much confirmed and I do sincerely apologized for this.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
making this an 11-leg
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 10/23/2017 at 3:31 AM, Geenee said:
  1. Reykjavik via NYC
  2. Antwerp
  3. Tangier
  4. Saint Tropez
  5. Arles
  6. Prague
  7. Harare
  8. Harare
  9. Manama
  10. Chiang Mai
  11. Hong Kong
  12. San Francisco, according to Jody's fanbase

First of all, it is a disappointed route with some of using overused countries.

The Morocco-Czech Republic leg were supposed to be on the route and enough of Morocco legs as having visited already in TAR 25.

Cape Verde 22px-Flag_of_Cape_Verde.svg.png should take its place and it would be a new country for TAR. Besides Cape Verde, Slovakia 22px-Flag_of_Slovakia.svg.png and Bahrain 22px-Flag_of_Bahrain.svg.png would be the new countries for the race. I am so happy for Bahrain and it which actually visited.

Other underused countries like Finland 22px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png (Helsinki and Rovaniemi), Hungary 22px-Flag_of_Hungary.svg.png (Budapest), Romania 22px-Flag_of_Romania.svg.png (Alba Iulia and Cluj-Napoca or Bucharest and Brasov) or Sweden 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png (Stockholm and nearby surroundings) would be a better location for both French legs on their place that France should be omitted. Slovakia also would replace all French legs as a "planned" single SK leg.

Zimbabwe legs should also omit for now due to a riot clash days before teams arrive in Harare. Either Port Elizabeth or Durban in South Africa 22px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png (another undervisited nation) would take its place on a two-leg city (one in rural/wildlife, and the other is urban; same as Harare).

Again, enough of Hong Kong as having visited four teams (2, 11, 17, 27) as Taipei, Taiwan 22px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China_(Pant would be the penultimate leg for this season. I expect it would have a Taipei nightlife scenery.

On a such disappointment Oceania (Australia 22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png) is out on the route and it would be included in the route as the penultimate leg, move Hong Kong to 10th leg between planned Thailand and Australia. That is sucks and pissed then upset.

The original route according by production before the race which the countries are supposed to be:

United States (New York City) 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png → Iceland (Reykjavik) 22px-Flag_of_Iceland.svg.png → Belgium (Antwerp) 22px-Flag_of_Belgium_(civil).svg.png → Morocco (Tangier) 22px-Flag_of_Morocco.svg.png → Czech Republic (Prague) 22px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png → Hungary (Budapest) 22px-Flag_of_Hungary.svg.png → Bahrain (Manama) 22px-Flag_of_Bahrain.svg.png  → Zimbabwe (Harare) 22px-Flag_of_Zimbabwe.svg.png → Nepal (Kathmandu) 16px-Flag_of_Nepal.svg.png → Thailand (Chiang Mai) 22px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.png → Australia (Melbourne) 22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png → United States (San Francisco) 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

Race within 11 countries in 5 continents

In one thing, France (Saint Tropez and Arles; as double legs) and Hong Kong are alternate countries for this season replaced Hungary, Bahrain and Australian legs, respectively. Prague leg was moved to leg 6 where Bahrain leg was replaced, which that country itself eventually moved to leg 9 when production was supposed to go to Nepal and due to in fact, the country was celebrating Diwali at the time.

That one thing this season's route will be the worst route ever with 4 continents visited and a total of 10 aforementioned countries.

Edited by ApprenticeFan

Other than France and China being completely beaten to death by now (seriously, Hong Kong AGAIN?), I have no complaints about the route. I love the zigzagging between Africa and Europe which hasn't been done in ages. Only the second trips to Iceland, Belgium, Zimbabwe, and Czech republic. And a new country managed to sneak in there. I like the extra leg in Zimbabwe since they haven't been to that region before. And after all that, if tomorrow is the San Fran finale, it's still a tidy 23 day race, right in line with their norm, as expected. Really, really excited to see this air. Hopefully CBS doesn't toy with us all winter like last year.

1 hour ago, Irene Salamera said:

How long they gonna be staying for filming in SF?..and is it the last race and destination ,knowing whose the WINNER @?

Yes, the race typically ends back in the States, so the next leg is the final one.  They'll stay long enough to film the teams doing the final tasks, final interviews and confessionals after it's over, and then have a wrap party before the eleven teams are sent home.

16 minutes ago, Geenee said:

The last instances were back during the single-digit seasons, namely, S1/Classic and S4. 

With that said, there's really no excuse for the utter absence of Gascony and the Pyrenees. 

I remember S1, where they went to Les Baux de Provence, which is a cool place.  I don’t recall where they went in S4

5 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

The real headline here: Cheers to the first season with no Los Angeles presence since the first All-stars! 

Do you mean racers?  Jessica lives in LA.  

This is a beautifully compact area.  We rented a cottage on an apricot farm near St. Remy, and were able to visit Les Baux, Arles, Avignon, and the area where lavender is grown all on day trips.  Just loved it.

• Love 2
On 10/26/2017 at 8:47 PM, Sayla Vee said:

Avignon

It would be neat if S30 did indeed manage to fit this historic city into either the fourth or fifth leg: it's the only other city from which Popes reigned, for Christ's sake (pun intended)!

If the race had filmed a month or two later, Zimbabwe would have been swapped for replacement legs for sure. Looking at the news, the military has taken control of the government. Just made me think of the show. Hopefully it resolves peacefully. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

If the race had filmed a month or two later, Zimbabwe would have been swapped for replacement legs for sure. Looking at the news, the military has taken control of the government. Just made me think of the show. Hopefully it resolves peacefully. 

Harare has been instability with riot clashes way started around 2014 and it is considering a dangerous but unsafe for tourists. Riots are underway and it remains today.

Port Elizabeth, South Africa was the original destination between Czechia and Bahrain, that would be the best route for this season between two legs (which would include Kragga Kamma Game Park, Bloukrans Bridge, Tsitsikamma National Park, Seal Point Lighthouse and Garden Route). Aussie, Israeli and Ukrainian versions visited the city before.

Zimbabwe is totally an alternate country with France and Hong Kong.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
correction of a game park in Port Elizabeth
2 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

Port Elizabeth, South Africa was the original destination between Czechia and Bahrain, that would be the best route for this season between two legs (which would include Kruger National Park, Bloukrans Bridge, Tsitsikamma, Seal Point Lighthouse and Garden Route). Aussie, Israeli and Ukrainian versions visited the city before.

Zimbabwe is totally an alternate country with France and Hong Kong.

And how do you know this?  RFF hasn't said a thing about that.