Type keyword(s) to search

Same Schitt, Different Day: Cast & Crew in Other Roles

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It's still unbelievable how long it took me to realize that Stevie is played by the same actress who plays Jennifer on 12 Monkeys!

Dan Levy will be the host of The Great Canadian Baking Show, which begins airing on November 1!

How can I see the Great Canadian Baking Show here in the US???  That would be SO fun -- Dan will be a blast as host!

• Love 2

To my surprise, I saw Ted (Dustin Milligan) in a pretty delightful Lifetime Christmas movie last night "Love at the Christmas Table" from 2012.  He was SO cute, funny, smart and there is an incredible dance scene with Danica McKeller (I don't usually enjoy her -- too "babyish" -- but she's just right in this one). 

Loved the movie a little bit more due to Ted/Dustin!

• Love 2
16 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

To my surprise, I saw Ted (Dustin Milligan) in a pretty delightful Lifetime Christmas movie last night "Love at the Christmas Table" from 2012.  He was SO cute, funny, smart and there is an incredible dance scene with Danica McKeller (I don't usually enjoy her -- too "babyish" -- but she's just right in this one). 

Loved the movie a little bit more due to Ted/Dustin!

FYI - he was also a regular on Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.

Off Topic? Excellent! I wish every show had an Off Topic thread. I searched long and hard to find an appropriate thread in which I could make some comments about Jennifer Robertson (who plays Jocelyn Schitt) and also about Annie Murphy (who plays Alexis). So, here goes: I will begin with an off topic remark about Jennifer Robertson.

Several times, I have read that Vivian Vance (who played the Ethel Mertz char on the TV show "I Love Lucy", was always horrified they cast William Frawley as her on-screen husband because he was 20 or 30 years older than her and she felt completely repulsed by him - both the character as well as the actor.  I believe it's very likely that Jennifer Robertson (who plays Jocelyn Schitt) feels the same way about her on-screen husband played by Chris Elliot. After all, who wouldn't feel that way? It's just a guess, but I'd be willing to wager that she likely feels repulsed by both the char and the actor. I can't think of a single movie or TV show in which his participation was not completely terrible (sadly including Groundhog Day which was an excellent move - except for this strange char played by Chris Elliot).

And now for an off topic remark about Annie Murphy who plays Alexis.

There is a bridal studio on Dufferin St. (near Briar Hill Ave) in Toronto. It is right next door to 2700 Dufferin which is the "Service Ontario" office where people go to renew their driver's licence. Its address must be close to 2690 or 2694 or something close to that. Why am I telling you this? I was going into the office to renew my drivers licence when I saw a huge picture of a lady in an elegant outfit that appeared to be Annie Murphy. The picture was about 6 feet tall and I could swear it was Annie Murphy.  If any of you are ever near this location, you might like to take a look at this picture to see for yourself. I'd very much enjoy hearing from anyone who has seen it and can say whether they think it is really Annie Murphy who posed for that picture.

There is nothing special about the picture aside from the fact that it's about 6 feet tall and is very likely Annie Murphy. I just thought some of you might enjoy seeing it. If you are interested and you take a look, I'd love to hear if you agree that it was really Annie Murphy who posed for that picture. Even better, if your phone has a camera and you could take a photo of this picture and post it here, that would be just terrific. Unfortunately, I've never tried to do that and don't know how to get my phone to do that.

Edited by MisterBluxom
  • Love 1

Ten things Dan Levy can't live without (his Japanese candle and matches reminded me of what David said: "I bought a cologne once in Japan. It's supposed to smell like the aftermath of a car crashing into a cedar tree."):

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Emily Hampton has been cast in Stephen King drama Chapelwaite

Emily Hampshire is set as the female lead opposite Adrien Brody in Chapelwaite, Epix’s previously untitled drama series based on Stephen King’s short story Jerusalem’s Lot. Chapelwaite is set to begin production in Halifax, Nova Scotia in April with an eye towards a Fall 2020 premiere.

Set in the 1850s, the series follows Captain Charles Boone (Brody), who relocates his family of three children to his ancestral home in the small, seemingly sleepy town of Preacher’s Corners, Maine after his wife dies at sea. However, Charles will soon have to confront the secrets of his family’s sordid history, and fight to end the darkness that has plagued the Boones for generations.

Hampshire will play Rebecca Morgan, an ambitious young woman who left Preacher’s Corners to attend Mount Holyoke College, and has returned home with an advance to write a story for the new and prestigious Atlantic Magazine. Her writer’s block lifts when Boone (Brody) arrives in town with his children, and despite her mother’s protests, Rebecca applies to be governess of the infamous Chapelwaite manor and the Boone family in order to write about them. In doing so, Rebecca will not only craft the next great gothic novel, she’ll unravel a mystery that has plagued her own family for years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The cast of Schitt's Creek participated in the Canadian salute to frontline workers and food banks fundraiser "Stronger Together - Tous Ensemble" tonight. The four Roses began the segment and then the rest of the cast (including Chris Elliott - who referenced himself as the only American) also spoke briefly via video conference. There was a little banter, Chris said something about being thankful the breweries in Canada were considered essential.

The only thing that bugged me is when Dan spoke about how people were "manning" jobs instead of "staffing" or something gender neutral. That's a massive pet peeve of mine.

Anyway, the whole special itself was not bad, although adding Drake at the end for his awkward, unprepared "speech" filled with ummmms and ahhhhhhs was a waste. It should have ended with Trudeau's two sentences instead.

On 4/27/2020 at 5:41 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Dustin Milligan is going to be on RuPaul's Celebrity Drag Race this week (S1.E2). The episode airs this Friday!

They ended up airing it yesterday so it's season 1 episode 3! But he was truly resplendent as Rachel McAdamsApple and gave a hilarious comedy roast of RuPaul. If someone is interested they can find the episode on Amazon for purchase.

On 5/9/2020 at 8:47 AM, ClareWalks said:

They ended up airing it yesterday so it's season 1 episode 3! But he was truly resplendent as Rachel McAdamsApple and gave a hilarious comedy roast of RuPaul. If someone is interested they can find the episode on Amazon for purchase.

For some reason, they decided to air the season finale with Vanessa Williams last week instead of Dustin's episode. He was so great though! I'm glad that he got to do this because he was obviously a huge fan. He was totally fangirling over Nina West which was adorable.

Okst so this question may be a little obscure but it's driving me crazy. I am watching CBC reruns of SC for the first time. I recall, back in the days of The Soup a clip of an African American woman who would make her eyes bulge out. The woman was never identified to my knowledge, but I *think* it might have been Ronnie. Can anyone confirm or deny? 

SurrealEstate is currently running on the SyFy Channel, with Tim Rozon (Mutt) and Sarah Levy (Twyla) leading a team of real estate agents working to sell/rent haunted properties. Three episodes in, I'm not sure of the overall tone they're going for - it seems to be a varying mixture of suspense, comedy and family drama - but so far it's holding my interest. And, honestly, I'm always happy for the chance to stare at Tim Rozon's blue eyes and handsome/chiseled face. He's one of the few men I've seen that looks great with a beard, and as good (if not better better) without one. 😉

• Love 1
On 11/18/2021 at 2:40 AM, aghst said:

Catherine O'Hara looks younger in those commercials with Kevin Hart than she did in Schitt's Creek.

Or maybe she doesn't have the caked on makeup like she often had on the show?

Yeah, but I still like her better as a redhead. The blonde look in those commercials - to me - washes her out. But the "Kevin!" callback to Home Alone is cute.

• Love 1