Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Ashlee's Big Decision Part 2

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I am really into how this going to end. I don't follow them outside the show so I don't know if any of them are staying in Hollywood. I know Abbie went to jail so I would assume her group disbanded.

Christi is back, ugly as ever both inside and out. And the older girls,have sunk so low that they are doing burlesque.  I wonder if Brynn had to leave that group because she still has a child's body. Some of those girls could give some of those curvy burlesque dancers a run for their money. 

That scene with Christi quitting that other team for Chloe was so tired. I assumed Chloe was a guest dancer. Oh, so betrayed!  

I think if someone took a drink every time someone said "Abby" they would be close to alcohol poisoning.  

Holly has gained quite a bit of weight.  

And, why do they think it makes good tv for the moms to go into Abby's room looking for her?  They've done that tired scene one too many times also. She'll come out when she comes out. 

• Love 3

Well, Abby got the better part of that deal. Buh-bye dance moms (and their entitled, sort of semi-talented daughters) from hell. Hello very talented girls who would love to be on Abby's team when she gets out of prison. Like that one mom said, don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

• Love 1

Well I disagree with some - I thought Lilliana was excellent. We never so Mack or even Maddie doing as complicated routine as that dance and ye I could see Kalani doing it. I thought all the girls did well and except for Maesi who placed third - the other 2 won their divisions.

Brynn wanting to return and dance is because the others are a hot mess - old words of advice - never leave one place before knowing you have another to go to - be it a job, housing or dance studio. Brynn never really had trouble with Abby - it was the other moms that were rude to her. From what I've seen and read - besides Mack - none of the other girls befriended her and she gravitated to the younger girls.

Christi is Christi - no better and no worse - but Jill continues to lower herself - telling the moms that Ashley was selfish - there is no one more selfish and self serving than Jill. I've even lost respect for Holly as even though she hasn't caused much strife which she did a couple of years ago - she was always the voice of reason and would speak up in defense of others - not now - she has allowed the new moms and kids starting after Kalani to be abused by the other moms and nary a peep out of her mouth.

I loved watching Chloe - kept looking at how long her extensions were. I thought the dance was great and much better than Laurieann's. It was different - like the Last Text and some of Abby's other dances were. I do believe that Erin knew this wasn't for the long haul and her departure was scripted.

The old moms utter disregard of what Abby is going through those past few weeks is what surprises me the most as Gianna was always there - but seeing their comments after she was actually sentenced - I can assume those feeling portrayed on camera were real. Kira must forget what it's like to be arrested and the whole town knows. I'm sure she was a little distracted at that time from her regular responsibilities like parenting and taking care of your kids - but Abby is expected to toe the line. Jill's left how many times and fired Abby as Kendall's manager but has the nerve to tell Abby she deserted the girls. The girl's take the cues from the mom's - they've listened for so many years about how bad Abby is and are only repeating what they've heard.

Abby could have been nicer to the girls - I do think she was inappropriate at times - but she was  herself - and the mom's chose to stay. They'd seen in the past how this situation affected her moods, appearance ect and still decided to stay rather than find another studio. These moms and kids would be nothing without this TV show. Now if it actually was thought up and presented by Kelly and Christie and the original concept was stripped away and the show was made all about Abby - I can see the ire - as they would feel that there wouldn't have been a show if not for them. 

• Love 3

This is like the ultimate train wreck and each week has me coming back.

The MDP are a great group of competitive dancers, but they had to be delusional if they thought Chloe fit in with them. TBH, I think Erin was more pissed that she wouldn't be on the show anymore with the departure of Chloe than actually being mad at Chloe's leaving.

What I found interesting was Ashlee's word choices, "How do you want this to end?" was the question she asked Brynn and the answer was Abby. I don't see why that should shock anybody---Brynn has never had an issue with Abby, if anything the other mothers had an issue with her. If I had started with Abby, I'd probably feel the same way. Ashlee knew they were leaving and that was how Brynn wanted to go out.

The two littles are cute. Lil's dance was much better than we've seen any of the original kids at the same age. What I noticed about Eli is that she has a "Maddie face" aka she's very expressive, but she also has "Maddie turns" aka falls out of them. She's getting to an age where that should have been corrected. So I'm not surprised Lil won the overall. As far as thinking she's the new Kalani---we'll see in 8 years. I did take a gander at these two on instagram and it seems Lil is doing quite a bit while Eli is stagnant. Lil also has an older brother who is 'instagram famous' so it seems Stacey has pushed for famous kids from the start. It's sad, especially with her profession because she KNOWS the damage this stuff does. 

The older girls---I can't hate them for their stance. With the exception of Camryn and Kalani, I do think Nia and Kendall are 100% entitled to their feelings. What irks me though is how overrated they think they are---this is D-level fame and while their clothes or jewelry or socks will make them money, they're not going to blow up overnight. Heck, Maddie isn't even the star she was 2 years ago. 

Abby is such a double edged sword---I feel for her because no matter what you say and do, reality is a big b! And these moms are ridiculous...all of them, regardless of which side their on except maybe Ashlee. No Abby isn't making a mini team and of course Abby has regrets. If I were her, I'd have regrets too and not just about the court stuff---she built and ruined her own reputation on a worldwide level. She may find fame outside of our borders when she gets out of jail, but this is her legacy. And that is a rough pill to swallow. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tessat said:

Now if it actually was thought up and presented by Kelly and Christie and the original concept was stripped away and the show was made all about Abby - I can see the ire - as they would feel that there wouldn't have been a show if not for them. 

Yep, they had reason to get upset with other people saying the concept wasn't theirs. Plus Abby has SO disregarded everyone's feelings for so long, why should people think they should worry about hers?  It looks a lot like what goes around comes around.  Plus the show is heavily scripted and the producers were dealing with a woman who was having something resembling tantrums and a break down.  It was likely actually easier on everyone not having her there.

• Love 2

I have to give the producers credit, they have managed to wring every last drop of blood out of this turnip of a season.  Considering how often the show has been airing new episodes the past nine months, I'm astounded where we are in the timeline. 

Seeking out some choreo unrelated to the show clued me in to quite the surprise at Maddie's progress.  Melissa clearly smelled the tea brewing out in LA and made the smartest decision for her kids in relation to any hope of being professional dancers.  Clearly Maddie trains a lot, often in master classes and has become an assistant to a genuine, professional, name choreographer.  She's light years from the dancer we saw, and far beyond what I saw as her potential.  If she's ever able to reach the point where she's not simply performing to the scripted choreo and can bring her own flavor and emotions to the work she could climb the ranks for real, not simply relying on her Dance Moms fanbase to bring the cheers.

Watching Kendall, Nia and Kalani makes me realize they haven't taken advantage of LA's dance feast, which is a shame.  I wonder if their commitment to the show prevented it?  That may explain another aspect to Melissa bolting. 

ETA  I cannot for the life of me explain Abby being on camera repeatedly yelling she cannot be filmed in her bedroom? and without a bra.  Then the repeated eating of hideous garbage in a disgustingly gluttonous way.  I honestly think she is forced to do what the producers script and they are determined to humiliate her.  I would imagine it's gotten much worse as the relationship has apparently deteriorated and her financials have likely become more precarious.  I'd have to imagine the 298k was only the reno to the studio space, not the ongoing carrying costs factored in.  I suspect now more than ever she is at the mercy of the producers, and they have none.

Edited by Tikichick
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

I cannot for the life of me explain Abby being on camera repeatedly yelling she cannot be filmed in her bedroom? and without a bra.

I feel like there was a rumor/backstage info that whenever Abby didn't want to be filmed by the crew, she'd whip off her bra.

I thought it was a bit rich for the dance moms to demand such loyalty from Brynn and her mom when the dances mom routinely try to backstab each other for a solo.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Lemons said:

I am really into how this going to end. I don't follow them outside the show so I don't know if any of them are staying in Hollywood. I know Abbie went to jail so I would assume her group disbanded.

Christi is back, ugly as ever both inside and out. And the older girls,have sunk so low that they are doing burlesque.  I wonder if Brynn had to leave that group because she still has a child's body. Some of those girls could give some of those curvy burlesque dancers a run for their money. 

That scene with Christi quitting that other team for Chloe was so tired. I assumed Chloe was a guest dancer. Oh, so betrayed!  

I think if someone took a drink every time someone said "Abby" they would be close to alcohol poisoning.  

Holly has gained quite a bit of weight.  

And, why do they think it makes good tv for the moms to go into Abby's room looking for her?  They've done that tired scene one too many times also. She'll come out when she comes out. 

I  so agree...Christi is evil and sick! She actually told Chloe to act like what she would "like to do to Abby". It is sickening telling your child that! So, I am going to be done with this show or at least channel surf when friggin Christi comes on. She is a despicable human being. Plus, it was not the older girl's mother's business if Brynn wanted to go back! Jill, Holly, and Kira are a bunch of wicked bitches that would have done the same thing for their girls if need be......all I can say is UGH!!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Tikichick said:

ETA  I cannot for the life of me explain Abby being on camera repeatedly yelling she cannot be filmed in her bedroom? and without a bra.  Then the repeated eating of hideous garbage in a disgustingly gluttonous way. 

There's very little humor in this show so I appreciated the little bit they show.   She was making a show of it eating her delicious fast food.  And the mom talking about how focused Abby was on the dance and they show Abby looking at men on her phone.  Abby can be funny, unfortunately they liked the screaming Abby better.  

4 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Seeking out some choreo unrelated to the show clued me in to quite the surprise at Maddie's progress.  Melissa clearly smelled the tea brewing out in LA and made the smartest decision for her kids in relation to any hope of being professional dancers.  Clearly Maddie trains a lot, often in master classes and has become an assistant to a genuine, professional, name choreographer.  She's light years from the dancer we saw, and far beyond what I saw as her potential. 

I knew she had it!  Who knows where it will take Maddie but she always stood out among the rest of them.  She's got a great work ethic also.  It doesn't hurt that she also has a mother that virtually gave up her life to cart her around.  

19 hours ago, Lemons said:

There's very little humor in this show so I appreciated the little bit they show.   She was making a show of it eating her delicious fast food.  And the mom talking about how focused Abby was on the dance and they show Abby looking at men on her phone.  Abby can be funny, unfortunately they liked the screaming Abby better.  

I knew she had it!  Who knows where it will take Maddie but she always stood out among the rest of them.  She's got a great work ethic also.  It doesn't hurt that she also has a mother that virtually gave up her life to cart her around.  

The lackluster and repetitive choreo featured on the show did not make me think Maddie "had it".    I can see that she now has some very good skills.  If she's able to build to a point of relating to the material emotionally she will be able to build herself to a standout level. 

• Love 1

Don't get me wrong,  I enjoy some fast food once in a while (not what Abby was eating though) but she was eating it like it was rich homemade German chocolate cake. 

I still have a hard time believing any of this is unscripted.  

2 hours ago, Laurie4H said:

Don't get me wrong,  I enjoy some fast food once in a while (not what Abby was eating though) but she was eating it like it was rich homemade German chocolate cake. 

I still have a hard time believing any of this is unscripted.  

I think that's why it was funny. Then calls the mother over to take her garbage. Definitely done for the cameras. The mothers are so humorless and always indignant at made up things that it would be nice to see more humor. 

5 hours ago, Tikichick said:

The lackluster and repetitive choreo featured on the show did not make me think Maddie "had it".    I can see that she now has some very good skills.  If she's able to build to a point of relating to the material emotionally she will be able to build herself to a standout level. 

I think her potential came through that stiff lyrical competition dancing. She has shown versatility by transitioning into professional work and leaving the formula dancing behind. 

1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

I think Melissa getting her kids off the show did when she did was the singlehandedly smartest move she has ever made. 

True but I hate giving dumbass Melissa any credit. I think agents and people like Sia came calling and she went with it. 

• Love 2
On 9/20/2017 at 8:42 AM, Loves2Dance said:

Heck, Maddie isn't even the star she was 2 years ago. 

I don't know about that, she seems to be doing very well for herself. She's definitely still more famous than anyone else that is still on the show. She's gone on multiple tours and has had acting roles and tv appearances since leaving DM. Her third Sia video just came out. She has a NY Times best selling book. I don't think the other girls would be able to do all that, however. 

It seems like Maddie is pretty big with the pre/teen crowd, she's on the teen celebrity magazine covers a lot. So is JoJo, which I hadn't realized. Maddie has over 10M Instagram followers. Mackenzie has 8M on her personal Instagram and 17M on her music one, wow. The girls currently still on the show have between 200K and 5M followers each, for reference. Chloe and Kendall have the most followers of the girls currently on the show. Camryn has the least, even less than Maesi and the minis. Jojo has more than any girl left on the show too, with 6M followers. Abby herself has 3M followers.

8 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I think Melissa getting her kids off the show did when she did was the singlehandedly smartest move she has ever made. 

I totally agree. I thought they would fade away fast but nope.

Apparently it's Abby's birthday today.

Edited by Rebecca
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:10 AM, tessat said:

Well I disagree with some - I thought Lilliana was excellent. We never so Mack or even Maddie doing as complicated routine as that dance and ye I could see Kalani doing it. I thought all the girls did well and except for Maesi who placed third - the other 2 won their divisions.

Brynn wanting to return and dance is because the others are a hot mess - old words of advice - never leave one place before knowing you have another to go to - be it a job, housing or dance studio. Brynn never really had trouble with Abby - it was the other moms that were rude to her. From what I've seen and read - besides Mack - none of the other girls befriended her and she gravitated to the younger girls.

Christi is Christi - no better and no worse - but Jill continues to lower herself - telling the moms that Ashley was selfish - there is no one more selfish and self serving than Jill. I've even lost respect for Holly as even though she hasn't caused much strife which she did a couple of years ago - she was always the voice of reason and would speak up in defense of others - not now - she has allowed the new moms and kids starting after Kalani to be abused by the other moms and nary a peep out of her mouth.

I loved watching Chloe - kept looking at how long her extensions were. I thought the dance was great and much better than Laurieann's. It was different - like the Last Text and some of Abby's other dances were. I do believe that Erin knew this wasn't for the long haul and her departure was scripted.

The old moms utter disregard of what Abby is going through those past few weeks is what surprises me the most as Gianna was always there - but seeing their comments after she was actually sentenced - I can assume those feeling portrayed on camera were real. Kira must forget what it's like to be arrested and the whole town knows. I'm sure she was a little distracted at that time from her regular responsibilities like parenting and taking care of your kids - but Abby is expected to toe the line. Jill's left how many times and fired Abby as Kendall's manager but has the nerve to tell Abby she deserted the girls. The girl's take the cues from the mom's - they've listened for so many years about how bad Abby is and are only repeating what they've heard.

Abby could have been nicer to the girls - I do think she was inappropriate at times - but she was  herself - and the mom's chose to stay. They'd seen in the past how this situation affected her moods, appearance ect and still decided to stay rather than find another studio. These moms and kids would be nothing without this TV show. Now if it actually was thought up and presented by Kelly and Christie and the original concept was stripped away and the show was made all about Abby - I can see the ire - as they would feel that there wouldn't have been a show if not for them. 

You covered it all! Great post! I have no sympathy for these b!tches when they kept signing contracts to return season after season! It was a bad look for them all in the end; even Nia came off poorly "po'd" she wasn't given a solo! I guess they're supposed to sacrifice her poor performance so she can feel better about herself! Nia knows she's not that great, but she's supposed to get consideration due to her many years of waiting! (YAWN) I'm so glad the OG' s are gone! If the show comes back it'll be without these crybabies! Thank GAWD! ;-)

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:40 PM, Absolom said:

I'm not holding my breath for the show to come back in any form.  The entire production crew has moved on to other jobs.  Collins himself is working on a different show. 

It could be BS, but I keep seeing posts on other sites or videos on YouTube talking about Season 8 with new dancer and moms! Abby left the door open to coming back as well after she "gets out!" ;-)

I saw a lot of season 8 is coming earlier in the year.  I haven't seen anything recent, but I could have missed it.  They can always gear back up as they would for a new show, but I have to wonder if they would bother after Abby is released and the whole show is stone cold.  The ratings for the last half of the last season were bad.  Let us know if if there is actual filming.  I haven't heard a peep about casting or filming yet.  But then everyone I knew working on the show is in a new job and they no longer care about DM or Abby. 

On 12/3/2017 at 7:33 PM, Absolom said:

I saw a lot of season 8 is coming earlier in the year.  I haven't seen anything recent, but I could have missed it.  They can always gear back up as they would for a new show, but I have to wonder if they would bother after Abby is released and the whole show is stone cold.  The ratings for the last half of the last season were bad.  Let us know if if there is actual filming.  I haven't heard a peep about casting or filming yet.  But then everyone I knew working on the show is in a new job and they no longer care about DM or Abby. 

They could always get a new crew to work the show.   The question is could they recreate the early days. Would they try to mimic it?  Would they open up with a new and improved Abbie?  The odds of it working would probably be slim but probably worth a try. 

12 hours ago, Lemons said:

They could always get a new crew to work the show.

That's what I meant by gear back up as for a new show.  It's more than getting a new crew though.

I think the concept is dead, but that doesn't mean Lifetime won't try to resurrect it.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:55 PM, Lemons said:

They could always get a new crew to work the show.   The question is could they recreate the early days. Would they try to mimic it?  Would they open up with a new and improved Abbie?  The odds of it working would probably be slim but probably worth a try. 

The formula works, but to get me they need to bring back Abby! The same dynamic will occur with new moms! We've seen it happen before when the moms went on strike in Season 3! Production brought in replacements and the show didn't miss a beat! I loved Sophia, Asia, Bella, and all the rest! The OG's were terribly overrated if you compare them to the Mini's! Elliana and Lilliana would embarrass Maddie and Chloe at the same age! They are so gifted and impressive, I think they can beat Nia and Kendall now! I can watch "Blue Moon" over and over; overall win by Lilli! -

21 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

The formula works, but to get me they need to bring back Abby! The same dynamic will occur with new moms! We've seen it happen before when the moms went on strike in Season 3! Production brought in replacements and the show didn't miss a beat! I loved Sophia, Asia, Bella, and all the rest! The OG's were terribly overrated if you compare them to the Mini's! Elliana and Lilliana would embarrass Maddie and Chloe at the same age! They are so gifted and impressive, I think they can beat Nia and Kendall now! I can watch "Blue Moon" over and over; overall win by Lilli! -

That was long before this show jumped shark into the Indian Ocean. I don't think they could ever revive this format, not anytime soon, and certainly not with Abby. 

• Love 2
On 12/6/2017 at 1:04 AM, Fiero425 said:

Eh.  A little kid flopping around.  No musicality.  No controlled port a bra.  She's flexible but that's all I see. Although it is awesome flexibility.   

3 hours ago, Lemons said:

Eh.  A little kid flopping around.  No musicality.  No controlled port a bra.  She's flexible but that's all I see. Although it is awesome flexibility.   

Mon Dieu; she's 8 years old! How much musicality can she have with a routine she only took days to learn and work on! GAWD, give her a break!  I find her a wonder to watch! Her releves & flexibility are obviously the best, making old ladies like Brooke look stiff! I don't think Lilli has bones; it's flexible materials in there like balsa wood! lol! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
4 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

Mon Dieu; she's 8 years old! How much musicality can she have with a routine she only took days to learn and work on! GAWD, give her a break!  I find her a wonder to watch! Her releves & flexibility are obviously the best, making old ladies like Brooke look stiff! I don't think Lilli has bones; it's flexible materials in there like balsa wood! lol! ;-)

I know, it’s the lousy choreography that makes her seem one dimensional.  The choreography doesn’t allow much musicality but if you have it, it’s automatically inherent in every move you make. I like the other one who does musical theatre. It’s tougher than it looks to do well.  They both have great potential but only time will tell. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

To be fair, I have watched her dance in non-DM numbers and it's not that impressive. Most little girls her age are doing the same thing in studios across the country---she's flexible and bendy, but she doesn't flow with the music. Puberty will likely be unkind to her---much like some of the original girls. And fwiw, Eli is no different. 

6 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I know, it’s the lousy choreography that makes her seem one dimensional.  The choreography doesn’t allow much musicality but if you have it, it’s automatically inherent in every move you make. I like the other one who does musical theatre. It’s tougher than it looks to do well.  They both have great potential but only time will tell. 

Elliana's excellent as well and probably marginally more versatile than Lilliana! I like her "Aria" performance which won gold, but everyone should be impressed with her leading the Elites in "The Fairest Of Them All!" ;-)

- -

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:10 AM, tessat said:

Maddie or McKenzie could never do what Lilianna was able to do back when they were that young; probably not as teens! She was amazing in "Blue Moon!" It was shocking to see the moms and kids storm out yet again with no idea or plan of what to do next! It was the single silliest thing they could have done! Their ego and pride couldn't allow them to just come slinking back to Abby one more time! I love this episode, seeing the Mini beat out the OG's! It was more than a little amusing seeing them so concerned about what Abby was doing, but at the same time wondering why the Mini moms were asking about their lack of actually putting the kids out there to perform! The hypocrisy was mind=blowing! Why did Jill care if Abby wasn't watching or that a mom wasn't there to see her child awarded? All concerned were totally FOS! Still watching the old episodes; they're great, esp. Season 3! ;-)

• Love 1

Watching some of the old episodes, it was amazing how "delusional" the moms were near the end of the show! The way they behaved and things they said were totally antithetical to how they actually thought they were presenting themselves! They attacked other kids in their presence even though when speaking in their TH, "I would never....!" Total BS; from going after Maddie due to being Abby's fave to outright hating on Brynn and Ashley, getting into screaming matches in front of the kids! They were all pretty insane those last couple seasons! Christie was the worst upon her return with Chloe mid season 7, getting a little hysterical on more than one occasion! She was the worst screaming epithets to crying over something uncontrollably for no real reason! Abby wasn't the only one having the nervous breakdown! What was their excuse but being horrible stage moms? At least Abby had a reason with a sword of Damocles hanging over her head due to tax issues! ;-)

• Love 1

I wondered what would happen when the blind, vicious obsession that was Abby's fixation on Maddie  was finally rebuffed and Maddie went on with her life as if Abby never existed. Could have predicted that one, LOL.  So now Abby's acting like the pathetic jealous bride jilted at the altar, probably erupts with volcanic rage every time Maddie succeeds at something and again doesn't acknowledge Abby's existence. Gotta love how Abby blows her mouth off and proves everyone right about her.... gee, why doesn't Maddie want anything to do with her?  LOL