Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

paigow

I didn't really like how this episode was choppy - it kept flitting back and forth between not only locations (which is usually fine), but days and time (which got confusing if I wasn't always paying attention).  Otherwise, it was decent and I'm still looking forward to the rest of the season. 

Even with the National Security Advisor in their corner the institutional FBI put Agent Memphis in an X-Files like office. At least she is back in with the Germany based terrorist attack/murder of a USMC team.

The fact that the plan seemed to hinge upon a gorgeous woman not only sleeping with the creepy shooter, but allowing him to stay over the next day while she went elsewhere lost me. Perhaps if HE had been played by Phillipe I might have bought it, but, just no.

• Love 2
On 7/19/2017 at 11:49 PM, NorthstarATL said:

The fact that the plan seemed to hinge upon a gorgeous woman not only sleeping with the creepy shooter, but allowing him to stay over the next day while she went elsewhere lost me. Perhaps if HE had been played by Phillipe I might have bought it, but, just no.

Agree!!! 

I enjoyed S1and RP can do no wrong in my book, but this episode was kind of a let down. 

• Love 1

I was so glad when they left the daughter at home as I thought she would then sit out the season.

I love Germany, so thought Julie's snub of Germany was unwarranted; especially as it seemed that this was her first trip to Europe.

The set-up of the season really caught my attention and looks like it will be a good season.

• Love 1

Bob Lee investigates the terrorist attack that may have targeted his Marine unit. Memphis helps on the ground in Germany. Flashbacks to Afghanistan help shed light on who might be after them.

So the bad guy knows all the same tricks as Swagger...travel globally undetected, identity theft...but now he is getting emotional...kills his employer and is making it personal...never a good choice... 

• Love 1

Bob Lee finds Isaac Johnson in Texas after an attempt on his life; Nadine learns how much influence Patricia Gregson has; Julie fights to stay strong for her family.

So, FBI agent Memphis really is the worst agent in the world.  Previously, she disclosed information to the villain who was posing as a German Federal Officer without ever asking for an ID.  This episode she basically threw away the whole game when he walked into the fake company and, again, basically gave away the whole game.  And then she was so surprised that the office was empty when she went back...

Gotta admit, I fell for the fake-out package that was deliver to the hom

• Love 2

I am really not feeling this plot. A character said herself that this was learned in Vietnam and then said to be done to aid the Contra's. The clean up of killing off a retired team of Marine veterans being worse then the crime of using drug grower/dealers in a war zone.

2 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Isaaac's escape from the Mexican prison has got to be the lamest in cinematic history.

At least he didn't have to kill 50 people to do it. The number of bodies that everybody is dropping is ridiculous. All to recover a picture that was recovered and destoryed a few episodes ago. Now the bad guy is worried about not having his money, after he left millions of dollars (he could have taken) when he blew up that bank. So much death for so little reason.

Really surprised by Bob Lee's wife's actions.  First, she shoots a fire arm next to the ear of another person (albeit a jerk), then is surprised when she is no longer welcome at the gun range.  In telling her she can't come in, the range owner specifically states that the guy is litigation happy.  Then she threatens him, in front of witnesses (while he was also recording the conversation).  Yes, the guy was a jerk, but she responded with intent to cause him harm which she did (ear injuries can be very serious).  Then, he remains a jerk and she threatens him with her husband, a Marine trained sniper.  No matter how much of a jerk someone is, these are not appropriate responses.  However, maybe the bright side of the coin is that she won't be in the story as much.

Fast forwarded most of the prison stuff. 

Just wanted to add that I originally had high hopes for this season, but it is losing me.

On 9/3/2017 at 8:46 AM, AnimeMania said:

The Season was shorten from 10 to 8 episodes when (Ryan Phillippe) Bob Lee Swagger broke his leg in real life. We will see how this has effected the Season Finale (September 5, 2017).

I can't find the show in the schedule for tonight (9/5/17). Thought last week was the season finale

3 hours ago, nitrofishblue said:

I can't find the show in the schedule for tonight (9/5/17). Thought last week was the season finale

It is own my TV guide for Tuesday the 5th, maybe a local event is preempting it in your location.

1 hour ago, Netfoot said:

That didn't look like a finale to me.

I haven't seen it yet but it was advertised as a good stopping point due to Phillipe's injury. I imagined that it would a minor cliff hanger

3 hours ago, limoman said:

That didn't even look like the episode ended, let alone the season.

Agreed!  RP broke his leg, so they said "Cut!  Wrap!"  In mid scene.

Edited by Netfoot
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 0:19 PM, limoman said:

That didn't even look like the episode ended, let alone the season.

Could someone tell me how the episode (or season) ended?  I watched it on my DVR but somehow the ending (if there was one) did not get recorded.  Did I watch all of this and not get to see the ending!!

On 9/3/2017 at 4:03 PM, juliet73 said:

This season isn't nearly as good as the first. There is barely an sniper stuff, too many flashbacks, way too much Julie. If Ryan Phillippe wasn't such a babe, I would have already quit this season. 

I lost interest very fast.  I think my DVR recorded all of the episodes so maybe I can binge watch it now that the season is over.  From the comments here though, it looks like I didn't miss anything.