Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Jose & Jay

Ugh, someone needs to slap Jose and tell him to grow the fuck up.

The catfish part of the show was a zero for me, along with the phony furniture and sometimes the phony places they live.

Jose still needs a lot of therapy/help to come to grips with who he is.

He really thought some good-looking hunk online would be interested in him?    Maybe its not nice to say, but its the truth.

How many times did he tear up like a 2  year old little brat?     Oh, I am never going to love again and he wants to be alone.

You loser, you have a 2 month online fling and your world is ending?

Like I said, grow the fuck up and get real.

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Ugh, someone needs to slap Jose and tell him to grow the fuck up.

The catfish part of the show was a zero for me, along with the phony furniture and sometimes the phony places they live.

Jose still needs a lot of therapy/help to come to grips with who he is.

He really thought some good-looking hunk online would be interested in him?    Maybe its not nice to say, but its the truth.

How many times did he tear up like a 2  year old little brat?     Oh, I am never going to love again and he wants to be alone.

You loser, you have a 2 month online fling and your world is ending?

Like I said, grow the fuck up and get real.

It's obviously not where anyone lives, you can tell that by the follow ups.  They do airbnbs or something - but this one was a bit pathetic.

• Love 1

I couldn't understand a word Jose2 said. What a mush mouth. I'm glad that Jose1 recognized he had no right to flip out when he had done the same thing to Danny; that thought seemed to bring him back down to earth every time he started screeching.

Jose2 went through a lot of sneaking around  and paying for a flight just to end up on national TV.

• Love 3

What BULLSHIT, Nev telling Jay what a good guy Jose is. Nice how he conveniently forget about that episode with Jose & Danny, you know, the guy he just talked to the other day. And who paid for the plane ticket for Jay to fly there? And Jose is such a drama queen “I will never love anybody again!”, nope, you’ll just probably catfish them. Nev & Max kept acting like it was some big relationship, they talked for 2 months, 2 friggin’ months, that’s barely even casual dating. This show has turned into total crap, Nev seems to think he’s some kind of therapist now & it’s pissing me off.

• Love 6

this guy Jose really has no shame.... and spare me with Jose praying for him and them trying to make it look like a breakthrough. They were so desperate to create that story line it was just cringe worthy. 

• Love 7

-We start the show with Nev boasting a good cause medal, incase we had forgotten the upstanding image of himself that he's projected in every other episode.

-Didn't they already help a former Catfish that was being Catfished earlier in this SAME season? 

-There is no snooze button on the clock of life. But there are a lot of snooze buttons in an episode of Catfish.

-Jose has updated his look. Dumbfuck shouldn't even be considering Danny but we need a recap and check-in with a guy who has better things to be doing.

-So the crux of this is Jose equating his "pain" to Danny's. Jose has every reason to be grounded about this, but then we wouldn't have a show where artificial texts pop up during sad music. 

-Wow, finally, a guy who has conditions about poking and prodding cameras! Nev and Max can't wrap their heads around a person not wanting two big shots like them defining their community life. P.S. Stop the red puffy eyes, Jose. 

-Give me patience to deal with Jose's brat mode. Oh, and also patience to deal with the manufactured "do you know this person?" suspense they tried.

-It's another Jose! This Jose is an alcoholic, is presumably cheating on his girlfriend with fake profile trolling, and abandons people for 3 WEEKS! (Super long time in internet years). 

-This Rosa Seafish character seems painfully unfunny, even if it isn't offensive to abuse victims. I don't like seeing people drunk and at their weakest.

-Big dramatic spasm. I guess the marriage is off?

-"You can make a similar choice". Nobody is clamoring for this full circle moment. The prayer with Danny was not a memorable highlight. A redemption isn't a padded out TV stunt that production guides every step of. 

-"Jose found a way to help Jose". "Catfish helping Catfish". Well now we know why the script made Jay's name turn out to be Jose too. Just for that one line.

-Fiction is allowed and expected to bring everything full circle, but when non-fiction rigs events for this sole grandstanding purpose, it's just gross deception. I don't like seeing a mass group of people deceived, it's like Nev and Max are Catfishing an entire population and no matter how much you speak up, the collective sea of fish will still hold an admiration for the deceivers. Uh oh, that mirrors politics.....

Just watched this episode.  Have no empathy for Jose.  His catfish of Danny was so much worse than Jose and Jay. Jose should have come up with something more original than prayer with Jay/Jose. Danny's was far more sincere. It was a waste of an episode. Jose II was confusing in the why, etc.  

• Love 1

To be honest and not trying to be mean but did Jose really think he was getting that. I mean come on. Then he was being a diva. I am never going to love again. It was only like 2 months of whatever. When he stopped texting you, you can obliviously get the hint he does not want you. I mean he was being way over dramatic for anything. He is so annoying for anything. Then at the ending that forced prayer. I mean come on catfish. When will you end. I mean the show is going downhill and I honestly dont know why I still watch it. 

• Love 1

"You can make a similar choice". Nobody is clamoring for this full circle moment.

THIS. Max and Nev were in contortions trying to make this story fit the script. I felt little sympathy for Jose1, less for Jose2, who seemed actually quite unstable, although I guess I'd have to say relatively speaking, since he is the first catfish I can recall who didn't want to be humiliated with cameras in his hometown -- points for that. Although I was amused with Max digging a little -- "Did you really just fly here today? From where?" -- obviously the show paid for his flight and his overnight stay. Jose2 didn't seem like he'd have the money for that or if he did, that he'd want to spend it on this trip.

At least Max offered the idea of Jose1 making a choice to behave in a certain way. Nev just kept spouting rubbish to set the tone, and it wasn't flying. First they seem to go along with Jose1's thought that it could be Danny even though there was no reason to believe that (way to throw the guy who forgave you and prayed for you under the bus) and I have no idea why Danny agreed to take the call, then they accuse his friend (can't remember the girl's name) of being the catfish. Such petty suspiciousness kinda clashes with the constant push for salvaging a friendship.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Chrissy said:

I came here to say the exact same thing! Jose makes me sad.

Me too!  So that makes 3x he's appeared on our tv screens.   I personally think he is a scammer.  A pathetic man who is trying to make a name for himself.  What kind of name, eh up for debate.  

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:55 AM, lasandi said:

Me too!  So that makes 3x he's appeared on our tv screens.   I personally think he is a scammer.  A pathetic man who is trying to make a name for himself.  What kind of name, eh up for debate.  

Count me in.  My DH was catching up on his backlog of JJ episodes he DVR'd  I saw that one and said" Hey that guy was on Catfish". 

• Love 1