Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Abby Flies the Coop

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

The moms dispute with Abby over a vegan-inspired routine, while Kendall, Brynn and Kalani compete with head-to-head solos. Also: the team says goodbye to Abby for possibly the last time when she decides to head to Europe one week before her sentencing, making the moms question the future of the ALDC.

1 hour ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

I doubt Gloria's gonna hang! Her ego is more out of control than Abby's! lol! 

She sure knows how to blow her own horn! I got lost in her list of accomplishments, but I think she said "A-list choreographer" about a dozen times. She "made" all those singers? Hmm, do you suppose their singing had a wee bit to do with it? Sheeshe!

The moms were all over the place tonight. No one could please them with anything. "My daughter's doing an old dance." "MY daughter has to do a new dance."  Etc.  I felt sorry for poor Gianna when they didn't even consider letting her lead next week.

"Speciesism?"  LOL, what a concept. Loved it when Nia's mom said not to even go there, comparing it with racism.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, renatae said:

She sure knows how to blow her own horn! I got lost in her list of accomplishments, but I think she said "A-list choreographer" about a dozen times. She "made" all those singers? Hmm, do you suppose their singing had a wee bit to do with it? Sheeshe!

The moms were all over the place tonight. No one could please them with anything. "My daughter's doing an old dance." "MY daughter has to do a new dance."  Etc.  I felt sorry for poor Gianna when they didn't even consider letting her lead next week.

"Speciesism?"  LOL, what a concept. Loved it when Nia's mom said not to even go there, comparing it with racism.

They ought to just go on a seasonal hiatus and wait for ABBY to return! I'll continue to watch the old seasons on LRW nightly! ;-)

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, RedheadZombie said:

Gorgeous but way too happy for the runway. 

Not for me. I've about had it with the pouty "I'm all that" look. It's lasted way too long.

(I don't mean this to sound confrontational with you. I just really hate that runway/modeling attitude and have ever since it became de rigueur in the 90's.)

• Love 4
1 minute ago, renatae said:

Not for me. I've about had it with the pouty "I'm all that" look. It's lasted way too long.

(I don't mean this to sound confrontational with you. I just really hate that runway/modeling attitude and have ever since it became de rigueur in the 90's.)

Oh I agree.  Kalani looks refreshing compared to all of the typical hangry models.  But today's fashion, at least in the US, is all about debutants with famous parents. 

• Love 3

The extra scenes were nauseating! What were they trying to "rehabilitate" Christi's evil image of being a raving b!tch? I did not enjoy seeing Chloe and Clara with their mommy trying to make nice! That's not what this program is about! LAME! ;-(

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 5

I don't blame Chloe for wanting to change her narrative.  She's no longer the sensitive little girl who was picked on by Abby.  Maybe she's tired of being thought of as a victim.  If there's a little F U that goes along with it, good for her.  Look where Chloe is now, and look where Abby is.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't blame Chloe for wanting to change her narrative.  She's no longer the sensitive little girl who was picked on by Abby.  Maybe she's tired of being thought of as a victim.  If there's a little F U that goes along with it, good for her.  Look where Chloe is now, and look where Abby is.

What scenes were these? I must have missed them somehow?? 

Well - I really enjoyed the dances - even Kendall's. I wasn't sure about the Vegan Dance and thought the music was horrible when Jordy rapped it but the actual music with the number was good. He'll never be the next Eminem tho.

The moms can never be happy. Had Kendall gotten a new dance - Jill would have been up in arms about the choreography, the fact she learned it last minute ect... Even Kalani has started to mimic the moms. She had so little time to learn the dance - but you were in NY Fashion Week - stepping outside the boundries of dance and being given a chance to be seen as more versatile - it wasn't Abby's fault you had to learn the dance quickly. Had not Abby had her Ultimate Dance Competition neither Kalani, Jojo, or Asia would have achieved what they have. 

I'm thrilled Chloe and Christi are coming back - Jill's outburst in the preview for next week is a far cry from the loving words she had when Christi and Chloe came backstage a few weeks back. The problem is Jill sees Kendall being pushed farther away from her goal of being the next Maddie. She's overshadowed by Kalani, Brynn and now Chloe. Had Jill not had such a you owe me and loud overbearing personality as well as Kendall not having a diva complex - I think they would have been liked a lot more - but you can't change things now.

The person I felt sorry for was Gianna - she's done a lot for all the girls and has choreographed wonderful dances and given them the time when Abby couldn't. Although I understand production and the mom's wanting to bring in other choreographers  - it is a shame for Gianna who in the first few seasons was really in the background.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, tessat said:

Well - I really enjoyed the dances - even Kendall's. I wasn't sure about the Vegan Dance and thought the music was horrible when Jordy rapped it but the actual music with the number was good. He'll never be the next Eminem tho.

The moms can never be happy. Had Kendall gotten a new dance - Jill would have been up in arms about the choreography, the fact she learned it last minute ect... Even Kalani has started to mimic the moms. She had so little time to learn the dance - but you were in NY Fashion Week - stepping outside the boundries of dance and being given a chance to be seen as more versatile - it wasn't Abby's fault you had to learn the dance quickly. Had not Abby had her Ultimate Dance Competition neither Kalani, Jojo, or Asia would have achieved what they have. 

I'm thrilled Chloe and Christi are coming back - Jill's outburst in the preview for next week is a far cry from the loving words she had when Christi and Chloe came backstage a few weeks back. The problem is Jill sees Kendall being pushed farther away from her goal of being the next Maddie. She's overshadowed by Kalani, Brynn and now Chloe. Had Jill not had such a you owe me and loud overbearing personality as well as Kendall not having a diva complex - I think they would have been liked a lot more - but you can't change things now.

The person I felt sorry for was Gianna - she's done a lot for all the girls and has choreographed wonderful dances and given them the time when Abby couldn't. Although I understand production and the mom's wanting to bring in other choreographers  - it is a shame for Gianna who in the first few seasons was really in the background.

I may be in the minority, but I really don't like Gianna.  To me, she is basically Abby's little Toady.  She's just low-key snarky and bitter as opposed to Abby's overt bitchiness.  She has supported all of Abby's bad behavior and never stood up for the girls against Abby.  JMO.

• Love 9

Oh - I agree - she has been snarky and supportive of Abby many times - but then as an employee - you most often will cow tow to your employer if you want to keep your job. I still felt sorry for her as some of her choreography has gottem them the wins they needed.

• Love 3

Do you really believe Gianna was upset?  Or is that all part of the script. 

How can anyone believe the competitions are real when Kendall is 3rd, Brinn 2nd, and Kalani 1st....what about all the other supposed competitors?  None of them squeezed in to knock one of them out of the top 3 places?  

• Love 4

Gianna ended up going back to Pittsburgh and is working for the woman who rented out Abby's studio there - we can either believe she chose to leave the show because Abby wasn't there or production didn't want to include her as they moved forward - either way I do feel for her as she put together some great dances. 

I'm wondering why Abby - with all the money she's brought in over the years - had to sell the Pittsburgh studio - did the influx of students slow because she was now in LA and the draw was to be taught by her so it was no longer profitable or did she really go through her money and couldn't afford it? As close as she was to her mom - I don't see her giving up that studio - LA or not.

• Love 2

I was also horrified at the way they all treated Gianna like she was nothing. If she is bitter and snarky it is from years of these women treating her like she is the designated shoe cleaner of the studio. Ridiculous. My guess is that the moms and production don't think Gianna is as much drama as someone like Abby or Lori Ann Gibson. I think is more likely to just not put up with the BS and shut it down rather than has it out which doesn't make for good TV and the moms (especially Holly) are trying to milk this show for it's last drop.

• Love 3

The problem with Gianna is that she doesn't belong on a reality tv show . Even when she was on the show all these years , she was barely in any scenes . They want over the top people like Abby and this other annoying woman who by the way lowers her stardom as a choreographer every time she brags about  what she's accomplished . Let your work speak for itself , stop with your ego. 

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:24 AM, hellohoping said:

What scenes were these? I must have missed them somehow?? 

There was a preview on Tues. night showing the 1st scenes as you know, but there was a shorty slot of about 5 min. or so where we saw Christi and her kids at the zoo! I wasn't watching that closely; mainly just playing over my shoulder! Clara's growing up! I've never seen Christi smile so much; truly put on an Oscar winning performance for the cameras being so cheery and nice! ;-(

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
42 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

The problem with Gianna is that she doesn't belong on a reality tv show . Even when she was on the show all these years , she was barely in any scenes . They want over the top people like Abby and this other annoying woman who by the way lowers her stardom as a choreographer every time she brags about  what she's accomplished. Let your work speak for itself , stop with your ego. 

Which is why I won't be bothered with the show! That ego is OUT OF CONTROL and I wouldn't put up with it! If she's that great, she doesn't need to toot her own horn so much! Even Debbie Allen wasn't that obnoxious on "FAME" decades ago! At the time, few had more attitude about their talent, body, and persona! ;-)

• Love 1

I'm not sure which choreographer you are talking about but if it is Erin Babbs from Murrietta Dance Project she will be on next week with Chloe competing on her team. I once thought very highly of her work until she pimped herself and her students out on this show and they all behaved with zero class. This is the studio produced one of my favorite SYTYCD winners (Melanie) and I would have expected a lot more. I fell off of watching DM the last couple of seasons but thought I would come back on for the Abby leaving drama. However, I am not interested in Chloe and Christie's old grudges against someone who is no longer relevant to their lives (how crazy that a camera crew just happened to be at their home when they decided spontaneously to go watch the team at Nationals). I have no desire to see another thirsty studio owner either. When this show started it was trashy enough but as a Dance Mom myself I saw a lot of reality in the beginning (oh yes, I know mothers AND teachers just like Abby and her gang of trash moms. Every studio there is the mom who thinks she is above everyone else (Holly), the thirsty moms who will trash the studio darling even if all the kids involved are hurt in the process, and of course the moms who use their money to ingratiate themselves to the teacher/owner (paying for parts in productions was not unheard of - "donations" to the company were a little kept secret). Anyway I am not sure how long I can hang this season lol.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I didn't really watch last season . Why did Jojo leave the show ?

According to show, because she would have had to dance a hard ballet number. According to reality, because she had a deal with Nickeldeon.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

According to show, because she would have had to dance a hard ballet number. According to reality, because she had a deal with Nickeldeon.

It's hard to believe anything after that "Playing With Matches" performance was disqualified! They made it out that Abby cancelled it due to how the moms treated her with disrespect! That was one of my favorite episodes; Abby was hilarious! The moms were at her about how she berated the kids comparing them to Maddie! When Jill called her out for criticizing Kendall for her posture, Abby performed; "did Kendall straighten up? No, she just laid there!" Abby slumping in her chair! Holly got into it too and Abby went dark; "Face it your kid is growing! She can have kids and get married in some countries!" Holly was disgusted and stormed out with the other moms following! That's when Abby supposed cancelled the group dance performance! I heard behind the scenes that it was disqualified because the girls actually used real matches! lol! ;-)

On 8/9/2017 at 0:26 AM, renatae said:

The moms are always like that. They complain no matter what. They even sometimes change what they are complaining about in the middle of an episode.

I've never really liked Gianna, but I also felt bad for her when they were all, "what are we going to do without a choreographer." Hasn't she been doing the bulk of the work for years? I also laughed when she was telling one of the moms that when you do a move well you put it in all your dances. I think that is especially true on this show where they have to learn a new dance in two days, every single week. It has also been the case for years, so I don't know why someone was complaining like it was a new thing.

The moms were also ridiculous with Abby. Complaining that the woman going to prison in a couple weeks was only thinking about herself instead of helping their daughters? Abby is a mess, but I don't really blame her for not caring about this show anymore.

That vegan song....I am a vegetarian and thought his blabbering about speciesism was ridiculous and obnoxious. If he's really Abby's boyfriend than I guess it makes sense. Obnoxious people are drawn to each other.

• Love 4

I think when they were talking about needing another choreographer , they didn't mean to teach them dances . They meant to be the face of the show . I think Gianna does the bulk of the work but she isn't nasty or loud enough to carry the show . 

I always wondered why they never in any episode show Gianna dancing . Once in a while she'll show them doing a move but they never show her teaching them the dance 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I think when they were talking about needing another choreographer , they didn't mean to teach them dances . They meant to be the face of the show . I think Gianna does the bulk of the work but she isn't nasty or loud enough to carry the show . 

I always wondered why they never in any episode show Gianna dancing . Once in a while she'll show them doing a move but they never show her teaching them the dance 

Well, yeah, they want someone to be the face of the show. I guess it was really the producers talking in that scene about what to do. I still felt sort of bad for her, but maybe it was all an act. She looked legitimately annoyed though.

I don't know why they renewed this show. It seemed like the last season had a good-bye, the cast thought it was their last episode, but for some reason they got pulled back in. Despite the star becoming unavailable. It is such a weird decision by Lifetime.

19 hours ago, RamonaVanderpump said:

I was also horrified at the way they all treated Gianna like she was nothing. If she is bitter and snarky it is from years of these women treating her like she is the designated shoe cleaner of the studio. Ridiculous. My guess is that the moms and production don't think Gianna is as much drama as someone like Abby or Lori Ann Gibson. I think is more likely to just not put up with the BS and shut it down rather than has it out which doesn't make for good TV and the moms (especially Holly) are trying to milk this show for it's last drop.

5 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Well, yeah, they want someone to be the face of the show. I guess it was really the producers talking in that scene about what to do. I still felt sort of bad for her, but maybe it was all an act. She looked legitimately annoyed though.

I don't know why they renewed this show. It seemed like the last season had a good-bye, the cast thought it was their last episode, but for some reason they got pulled back in. Despite the star becoming unavailable. It is such a weird decision by Lifetime.

Regarding Gianna : http://www.accesshollywood.com/videos/dance-moms-kalani-hilliker-on-working-with-gianna-martello-exclusive/

On 8/12/2017 at 0:20 AM, KaveDweller said:

The show was supposed to end last season. Hence returning to the original Pittsburgh studio for the last two episodes. But at the last minute Lifetime ordered 10 more episodes for another season. 

Everybody looks so bored and going through the motions, especially the girls. The girls seem over the ridiculousness of it all by facial & body language. The show hasn't been the same since they moved to Los Angeles. After the Zieglers exited it feels like the show has been on life support to keep going (the flop mini team, bringing back Cathy/Candy Apples, Chloe and Christi returning). This show played itself out and has become stale.

Edited by MoonWalker
7 hours ago, MoonWalker said:

They should have stuck with the original plan and ended the show last season. Going back to the Pittsburgh studio for the final two episodes and Lukasiaks making a surprise cameo at the end. But no, at the last minute Lifetime ordered 10 more episodes for another season. 

Everybody looks so bored and going through the motions, especially the girls. The girls seem over the ridiculousness of it all by facial & body language. The show hasn't been the same since they moved to Los Angeles. After the Zieglers exited it feels like the show has been on life support to keep going (the flop mini team, bringing back Cathy/Candy Apples, Chloe and Christi returning). This show played itself out and has become stale.

I guess I must be a very small person! I wouldn't have accepted Christi and Chloe back with open arms! Didn't both, along with Kelly go after all concerned when they left? They Tweeted and re-Tweeted all kinds of garbage to hurt Abby, the studio, and the girls! I would have told them to "take a walk!" It was pure evil and spiteful which shouldn't be forgotten so easily; no matter how much money they're paying for this farce! ;-(

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 1
On 8/12/2017 at 5:55 AM, Diane Mars said:

Thanks!  In all honesty, this is what I had assumed Gianna's role had been from the time we first started seeing a lot of her.  Abby had actually alluded to this a few times as well.   This just makes it much worse how the moms acted toward Gianna last week.  She gets less credit than the woman who cleans the studio bathrooms (who, let's face it, is probably a dance mom hoping to score points to get on the show).  These moms are just the worst people.   I didn't watch much last season so I don't know much about Cameron and her mother but they seem like sweet, quiet people.  I hope that they run far away from this mess.

• Love 1

Why's the show coming back? Because it still has followers - me for one - I can critique the girls, moms, Abby - but I do love to watch the show. I'm glad Chloe and Christie are coming back - one of the few I see - but that's OK. I would have been happy ditching the elite team and starting fresh with the minis. I love watching the girls grow.

The only thing that bothers me - is how now even in that clip with Kalani - they act like the show with Abby was such a negative thing - and yet none of them would probably be known today had it not been for Abby. Kalani got her chance on AUDC and stayed long past her time due to Abby. I love Kalani and her dancing - but they all signed up for this and have made $$$$$ off of the exposure.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, tessat said:

Why's the show coming back? Because it still has followers - me for one - I can critique the girls, moms, Abby - but I do love to watch the show. I'm glad Chloe and Christie are coming back - one of the few I see - but that's OK. I would have been happy ditching the elite team and starting fresh with the minis. I love watching the girls grow.

The only thing that bothers me - is how now even in that clip with Kalani - they act like the show with Abby was such a negative thing - and yet none of them would probably be known today had it not been for Abby. Kalani got her chance on AUDC and stayed long past her time due to Abby. I love Kalani and her dancing - but they all signed up for this and have made $$$$$ off of the exposure.

Amen! They would all still be unknowns if not for Abby and being so dower now that she's left just makes them look phony and backstabbers! ;-(

• Love 4

I realize both Christie and Kelly were disliked by many. In almost everything - there are 1 or 2 people that excel and are far better than the others - whether it be school, gymnastics, dance, sports, music - I think they all knew how truly blessed Maddie was - but when it is pushed in your face everyday - you get your back up - and that's what the show and Abby did. Everyone played second fiddle to Maddie in the dances and that even extended to a lot of the meet and greets and special appearances. And we saw this all played out in Australia.

The moms were jealous of the opportunities extended to the Zieglers due to their being first and foremost on the show - and as a mom - I understand this. When my son was on a baseball team in 4th grade - he was in left field - the coach's son was pitcher, the other coach's son was 1st base and the third catcher. Now my son was a great pitcher - but was never given the chance - so I can understand the frustration. And believe me - I can't say I felt bad when the coach's son failed to make the high school team because he was led to believe that he was the best. Karma.

35 minutes ago, tessat said:

I realize both Christie and Kelly were disliked by many. In almost everything - there are 1 or 2 people that excel and are far better than the others - whether it be school, gymnastics, dance, sports, music - I think they all knew how truly blessed Maddie was - but when it is pushed in your face everyday - you get your back up - and that's what the show and Abby did. Everyone played second fiddle to Maddie in the dances and that even extended to a lot of the meet and greets and special appearances. And we saw this all played out in Australia.

The moms were jealous of the opportunities extended to the Zieglers due to their being first and foremost on the show - and as a mom - I understand this. When my son was on a baseball team in 4th grade - he was in left field - the coach's son was pitcher, the other coach's son was 1st base and the third catcher. Now my son was a great pitcher - but was never given the chance - so I can understand the frustration. And believe me - I can't say I felt bad when the coach's son failed to make the high school team because he was led to believe that he was the best. Karma.

That's how life is; just not fair at times in some people's eyes! I taught tennis and had my favorites; it's really nothing new! It's unfortunate that it was made more obvious due to Melissa willing to play the game, while Christi and Kelly thought they should be able to get away with being rude, obnoxious, and insulting! I wish I would do someone's kid a favor when the mother's calling me ugly, fat, and not worth being around! I'd tell those b!tches to take their brats somewhere else! ;-(

• Love 2

That's exactly the reaction most of us would have - and they stayed because it was in the best interest of the show to have the conflict despite the abuse. 

My other son had a wonderful coach - who taught the kids that a team was not one person but everyone working together - he made sure that everyone played - no matter how good or bad they were. I don't believe that someone shouldn't be recognized because of their talent and no matter how nice it is - I don't believe that everyone should get a trophy just for playing unless the team as a whole won - but I do believe that everyone should be given a chance and considered equal but as an adult - we tend to forget that when dealing with children and those not as good don't get the encouragement to strive to be better. 

Nia was not a strong dancer - still isn't - but I enjoy watching her despite her faults because she has gotten better and she's a true performer whereas Kendall has always been told how good she is by mom and she's even been promoted by Abby and yet she still is not for me a joy to watch - she's stiff - appears to be thinking of the next move she has to do and doesn't connect with the music and role she's trying to portray. The last dance she did was probably the only one I've ever liked.

• Love 2