Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E16: Nominations #5

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

True but she could have put up Alex or someone else everyone liked and then Josh would have gone home.

Right. But at the time, her game plan was to "mend fences". She, by extension of Cody, had recently pissed off and alienated most of the house. So she was trying to have an HOH that served two purposes - got out an enemy without ruffling a ton of feathers. She didn't want to risk an Alex move IF everyone was on board with Josh, because then it would show they were still working alone and didn't trust/couldn't be trusted by the others. 

But I really do think, at the end of the day, she'd have done it if it weren't for Cody. 

• Love 2

I know it's an unpopular opinion but Josh banging the pans and counting down the hours he and Mark had left to bond was the funniest thing I've seen on BB. I'm going to remember that on a bad date. Just start banging shit together and say, "Come on meatball, we have 2 hours left to bond!"

• Love 8

I'm trying to figure out if Josh is making a spectacle in the house because he wants to be considered a " character" so he can parlay it into some kind of " career" as a reality show oddity or if he is really just an asshole. All of his behaviors this week seem so calculated to get himself maximum negative attention from the audience watching at home. There doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason other than to be obnoxious.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, ghoulina said:

My husband randomly sat down and watched with my last night. He noticed bad stretch marks on Mark's shoulders and said it could be a sign of steroid use. That he grew suddenly before his skin had time to catch up. I don't know. If he has used them, it was in the past. I don't see any behavior to indicate he's on them now. 

He could have just had a big growth spurt... I went from 5'9" freshman year to 6'3" senior year of HS and have stretch marks on my hips from it, and I never did steroids. Also I think Mark is too calm-headed to have been a steroid guy, he's the opposite of a poster child for roid rage I think.

Please tell me they didn't just all drink from the same two disgusting bottles...

• Love 2
On 7/30/2017 at 10:29 PM, woodscommaelle said:

Did Jessica lie about her temptation thing? Are she and Cody really safe for three weeks or no?

The halting hex allows Jessica to halt the eviction once in a 4 week period,  When she said for a couple of weeks I guess it's technically true, but only if she's not forced to use it this week,  She was hoping to convince Paul to put someone else up so she could save it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

He could have just had a big growth spurt... I went from 5'9" freshman year to 6'3" senior year of HS and have stretch marks on my hips from it, and I never did steroids. Also I think Mark is too calm-headed to have been a steroid guy, he's the opposite of a poster child for roid rage I think.

I agree with you.  You can see from my picture I am a female and when I was in 6th grade I grew a foot, from 4'2" to 5'2" in one school year.  I have stretch marks up and down both sides of my torso.  Never did steroids.  I just remember how much pain I was in.  It was as if I could actually feel the bones growing.

1 hour ago, babs1226 said:

The halting hex allows Jessica to halt the eviction once in a 4 week period,  When she said for a couple of weeks I guess it's technically true, but only if she's not forced to use it this week,  She was hoping to convince Paul to put someone else up so she could save it.

The halting hex ends next week (see this link) so she has this week and next week to use it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Josh's obnoxious behavior doesn't seem to have an off switch.  I don't know who keeps egging him on, but he really needs to calm himself down.

I have a guess, and it has an ugly tattoo and a black beard.

• Love 11

I am not enjoying this season of Big Brother.   There isn't anyone left that I like, so no matter what the outcome is, I will be disappointed. 

The only reason to watch is that I want to see when Paul finally gets voted out.  But I'm worried that won't happen. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

As a person who suffers from severe migraines, all of that pot banging would have driven me crazy.  There has to be a tipping point with Josh.  As much as he does to upset Mark, Jessica, and Cody, eventually he has to get under most house guest's skin.

After the first continuous half-hour or so of Josh's antics, I expect anyone would be tipping over the edge.  

Give Josh a nonstop hour of screaming and pot-banging, and Mother Teresa would be serving up his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I agree with you.  You can see from my picture I am a female and when I was in 6th grade I grew a foot, from 4'2" to 5'2" in one school year.  I have stretch marks up and down both sides of my torso.  Never did steroids.  I just remember how much pain I was in.  It was as if I could actually feel the bones growing.

The halting hex ends next week (see this link) so she has this week and next week to use it.

I wonder if Jess was under the impression that it would be the three weeks AFTER her HOH, when it actually started with the Ramses/Josh noms.  Because I thought I heard her say at one point that "[she] had the power to keep [her] and Cody safe for the next three weeks."  

I'm not the hugest of Paul fans but yes, he needed to nominate her and Cody and draw out the advantage she had.  At noms, when she didn't advise him (like Paul did when he had that advantage) that she could not be nominated, he was certainly surprised.  Also, I'm sure Paul has picked up on the fact that she said she AND Cody are safe.  Usually advantages only inure to one person, and that certainly has been the case here since the season began.  The real advantage here is for Jason.  The "halting hex" kills off the entire eviction night, not just her and Cody.  James will be safe as well.  

Oh, and here's a "prediction" - If Cody or Jess wins HOH, Paul somehow convinces the entire house not to compete in the Temptation Competition next week so that as the only competitor, he will be safe and not nominated.  And they'll do it.  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

The same thing happened to me as a teenager. But my husband works out and said that the shoulder stretch marks are very common with the guys who do steroids. I agree with you on his demeanor, though. So who really knows. I do think it's funny how he always seems to find the smallest, tightest shorts to wear! 

15 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Oh, and here's a "prediction" - If Cody or Jess wins HOH, Paul somehow convinces the entire house not to compete in the Temptation Competition next week so that as the only competitor, he will be safe and not nominated.  And they'll do it.  

Yeppers. As others have said - I really don't hate Paul. I find him obnoxious, but I don't hate him. However, what does tick me off is the way the idiots just follow him. With the exception of Kevin (or at least Kevin's claim) these people have watched Big Brother before and can you just imagine them all discussing the blind trust / sheeples / minions/ etc. of past seasons. And they don't even realize it when they are not the armchair quarterbacks anymore and are playing for the real money??? How ironic.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

Yeppers. As others have said - I really don't hate Paul. I find him obnoxious, but I don't hate him. However, what does tick me off is the way the idiots just follow him. With the exception of Kevin (or at least Kevin's claim) these people have watched Big Brother before and can you just imagine them all discussing the blind trust / sheeples / minions/ etc. of past seasons. And they don't even realize it when they are not the armchair quarterbacks anymore and are playing for the real money??? How ironic.

Agreed... with one exception.  I loathe Paul.  I want to throat punch him.  I'm not normally a violent person, either.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I would actually love that!  The seething and whining of Jodica would be a sight to behold! 

Maybe because I'm fairly new to BB (started watching just before the twin reveal in BB16) and I've stayed away from the feed threads this year (except for Thursdays when nothing is spoiled) but...  I think it's fairly smart of the HGs to line up behind Paul right now while he dukes it out with Cody & Jess.  Taking cover behind the bigger target could be an actual strategy for some, not just blind sheepiosity. 

I'd like for Jess not use the hex this week, Cody get evicted, & Jess, Christmas, Kevin & Alex team up to take out Paul & the others.  

47 minutes ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I would actually love that!  The seething and whining of Jodica would be a sight to behold! 

Maybe because I'm fairly new to BB (started watching just before the twin reveal in BB16) and I've stayed away from the feed threads this year (except for Thursdays when nothing is spoiled) but...  I think it's fairly smart of the HGs to line up behind Paul right now while he dukes it out with Cody & Jess.  Taking cover behind the bigger target could be an actual strategy for some, not just blind sheepiosity. 

I'd like for Jess not use the hex this week, Cody get evicted, & Jess, Christmas, Kevin & Alex team up to take out Paul & the others.  

I'm trying to remember if she has to use it BEFORE the vote.  If so, I also wonder if it's a detail she may have forgotten.  I hope so.  I'd love for her to be sitting there all smug as the vote is taken, and after it's done, rise dramatically and say "Halting Hex Rise! Eviction Night Dies!"** only to have Julie say "uh, Jessica, you had to say that BEFORE they took the vote.  By a vote of 9 to 0, CODY, you are evicted from the Big Brother House!"  

I think you've got a great point in the guests lining up behind Paul.  But I'd replace Jess with Jason in that alliance of four, only because I don't like Jess much, so it's a personal thing rather than a strategy thing.

** it is very bothersome to me personally that I actually remember the stupid verse.

• Love 3

Just thinking out loud, I think Jessica needs to decide if she is there to win the game for herself, or to help Cody win. Her smartest play for herself is to NOT play the Hex, allow Cody to be voted out, and then play the Hex next week if she's nominated again. So, if she were to make it to the end, this would be a huge risk-taking and sacrificial play that may actually earn her some major Big Brother street cred. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MyBad said:

Just thinking out loud, I think Jessica needs to decide if she is there to win the game for herself, or to help Cody win. Her smartest play for herself is to NOT play the Hex, allow Cody to be voted out, and then play the Hex next week if she's nominated again. So, if she were to make it to the end, this would be a huge risk-taking and sacrificial play that may actually earn her some major Big Brother street cred. 

IMHO that ship has already sailed; Jessica has no choice except to play the Hex.  Point being that from the point of view of the rest of the House, Jessica is a MUCH bigger game threat than Cody:

• Jessica has at least a semblance of tentative relationships with others in the House besides Cody, whereas Cody wouldn't recognize a social game unless it shot an AK-47 at him.
  • Jessica also has a protection factor - the Hex - which could protect her next week as well; if it's not invoked this week, best to get it kicked out the Door before it goes active and screws up next week's game.  Cody has no such protection.

The only point which would favor a Cody eviction over Jessica is concern for his prowess in physical comps - the notion Cody could alternate between winning out on HoHs when he's eligible, and winning PoVs when he's not.  Which would only be an issue if every PoV Cody needed to win was a physical comp.  Still, Cody could be an ongoing threat in such a scenario, whereas Hexsica (Jessica + her Hex) only poses a threat for this week, and perhaps the week after.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

Jess could be a good ally to have, if separated from Cody.  She seems intuitive, and did well mending fences while on her own.  I can see several of the HGs wanting to evict Cody & align with single Jess, if given the opportunity, and she'd kinda have to reach out to build an alliance.  Cody, on the other hand, doesn't play well with others, has thrown his alliance members under the bus, has no protection to use as a bargaining chip, and licks his utensils like a cow (apologies to cows). 

In this instance, I think keeping the better player of the two could be smart game play.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I'm trying to remember if she has to use it BEFORE the vote.

That is indeed the case, once the vote begins she can't use it for that eviction.

3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I'd love for her to be sitting there all smug as the vote is taken, and after it's done, rise dramatically and say "Halting Hex Rise! Eviction Night Dies!"** only to have Julie say "uh, Jessica, you had to say that BEFORE they took the vote.  By a vote of 9 to 0, CODY, you are evicted from the Big Brother House!"

This would be beautiful... she'd then have to be like "Oh, well, nevermind then." while Paul would be peeing in his pants from laughter.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Jess could be a good ally to have, if separated from Cody.  She seems intuitive, and did well mending fences while on her own.  I can see several of the HGs wanting to evict Cody & align with single Jess, if given the opportunity, and she'd kinda have to reach out to build an alliance.  Cody, on the other hand, doesn't play well with others, has thrown his alliance members under the bus, has no protection to use as a bargaining chip, and licks his utensils like a cow (apologies to cows). 

In this instance, I think keeping the better player of the two could be smart game play.

I agree - she was able to do a pretty good rehabilitation after Cody's eviction - enough so that America gave her the reward.*  Unfortunately, her returning to form with Cody once he returned may have put the brakes on the house giving her a second chance, instead opting to just rid themselves of her completely.  I think Cody, she and Josh are probably the next three evictees barring HOH or Veto.  After that, I can't predict but by then I think Paul will have outlived his usefulness to them and his ass will be out the door at the first opportunity.  I can see him being backdoored after Veto.   

* I often wonder if production just decides who should have it on their own or stuffs the ballot boxes.  I assumed America was a lot fonder of Kevin, Raven or Alex than they were of Jessica to give her an advantage.

• Love 2
On 7/31/2017 at 10:37 PM, Wandering Snark said:

He could have just had a big growth spurt... I went from 5'9" freshman year to 6'3" senior year of HS and have stretch marks on my hips from it, and I never did steroids.

Ditto this, on my upper arms and shoulders, from when I first started football/weight-lifting. 

And Paul is the biggest tryhard I've ever seen on reality television, and that's saying a lot. 

• Love 2