Type keyword(s) to search

It (2017)

starri
  • Start Topic

On 2018-06-10 at 3:56 AM, methodwriter85 said:

The whole cast is in place now.

I'm really surprised that Jay Ryan got cast as Ben. It didn't seem like he had done much since Beauty and the Beast wrapped.

Me, too. Jay Ryan’s so....hot? I know Adult Ben is supposed to be handsome, but I thought in like a boy-next-door John Ritter kind of way, not a cologne ad kind of way.

Isaiah Mustafa as Adult Mike is another big surprise to me.

Uncanny resemblance between James Ransone and Jack Dylan Grazer (Eddie).

I thought they would cast a redhead for Audra, but I guess they can dye the actress’ hair if it’s really that important.

Seems like a nice mix of big names and (relative) unknowns.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 9/15/2017 at 9:35 PM, raven said:

Watching it, it didn't seem to me that Bev was damseled (though I can see how others would feel that way) because she was the only kid to face Pennywise alone and survive and that's because she wasn't scared. 

I'll admit that when Bev was captured and the boys had to rescue her it was almost a shock to me, because modern stories tend to stay away from that for political reasons (I guess).  But you have to remember this is based on an older book - although I haven't read it, so I don't know if that's what happens in the book or not.  Anyway, now days seems like it's much more common for a male to be "damseled".  I mean really, if someone has to serve as the damsel, is it really that bad if it's a female once in a while?  Not every time, but they should take their turn.

But I agree she was the strongest character.  When they were taking their blood oath, she was last, and all the guys were making faces like it hurt.  I knew she was going to barely flinch, because she just seemed that much stronger.  In fact, she seemed to be a few years older than the other kids, although maybe she wasn't supposed to be, because they were in the same class.

Edited by rmontro
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, festivus said:

That looks like a good cast even though I don't know some of those actors. I hope I like them as much as the kids cause I loved the kids.

Yeah, the bar has been set pretty high.  I was never impressed with the TV miniseries, but I was with this movie.  It reminded me of Stand By Me (not surprising, I guess), except it was scary.  I liked that they gave this movie to the kids without bothering with all the flashback stuff.  Making it a flashback kind of takes you out of the story.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, festivus said:

That looks like a good cast even though I don't know some of those actors.

I was disappointed in the casting of Jay Ryan as Ben based on the few episodes of Beauty and the Beast I've seen, but the kids and the rest of the adult roles are so well cast that I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

On 7/2/2018 at 9:17 PM, krankydoodle said:

I was disappointed in the casting of Jay Ryan as Ben based on the few episodes of Beauty and the Beast I've seen, but the kids and the rest of the adult roles are so well cast that I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

After James McAvoy was basically confirmed for Bill, I wanted Lee Pace to be cast as Ben.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/1/2018 at 10:39 AM, Eyes High said:

Me, too. Jay Ryan’s so....hot? I know Adult Ben is supposed to be handsome, but I thought in like a boy-next-door John Ritter kind of way, not a cologne ad kind of way.

Isaiah Mustafa as Adult Mike is another big surprise to me.

Uncanny resemblance between James Ransone and Jack Dylan Grazer (Eddie).

I thought they would cast a redhead for Audra, but I guess they can dye the actress’ hair if it’s really that important.

Seems like a nice mix of big names and (relative) unknowns.

I tip my hat to the casting director on that one. They absolutely look related. Bill Hader's casting is inspired as well. I don't think Jessica Chastain looks like the younger actress at all but oh well.

I don't think they have any intention on putting this in the film via flashback but just in case:

Spoiler

Will someone who has read the novel please explain to me how Bev having sex with all of the guys helps them get out of the tunnels? Was King on every available drug when he wrote this??? 

Edited by Jeebus Cripes
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Jeebus Cripes said:

Hide contents

Will someone who has read the novel please explain to me how Bev having sex with all of the guys helps them get out of the tunnels? Was King on every available drug when he wrote this??? 

As a matter of fact, King admitted he was high when he wrote the scene when the boys had their way to have sex with Bev. It was interpreted as to the boys' way of being grownups when they did the sex deed because they were lost and frightened when they couldn't find their way out of the tunnels after defeating Pennywise. It's been quite a while since I read the book so I hope that is the best explanation I have so far to answer the question.

• Love 1
On 7/2/2018 at 9:13 PM, rmontro said:

Yeah, the bar has been set pretty high.  I was never impressed with the TV miniseries, but I was with this movie.  It reminded me of Stand By Me (not surprising, I guess), except it was scary.  I liked that they gave this movie to the kids without bothering with all the flashback stuff.  Making it a flashback kind of takes you out of the story.

I was the exact opposite.  I thought the miniseries was a classic and bored out of my mind at this.  Different strokes I guess.  

On 7/2/2018 at 9:13 PM, rmontro said:

I am dying to see Bill Hader in that role. I bet he would be great. The director is also going to use a deleted scene to put on part 2. Should be great. I read the first draft of the script online. I remember the 90s mini-series, too, and what shocks me is that John Ritter, Johnathan Brandis, and Harry Anderson are both gone. It sucked that they would never see part 2 ever. I know Tim Curry is not in the best of health, but it would be awesome for a guest spot or cameo at least. I know his roles are very sparse now, but I would love to see him pop here.

• Love 1