Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation & Spoiler Discussion for Animal Kingdom

• Start Topic

I suspect that little Lena is going to utter something to Baz about her mother, that would make Baz suspect Pope...but obviously that would be near the tale end of  this show, otherwise the show  would fall flat on its face.

Baz does not survive. J was the shooter, unless Smurf hired outside the family. The police eventually get Pope for the bank robbery spree but not before he tracks down Lucy and her brother.

(edited)

Y'all are going to think I'm a dork but this thought came out of nowhere while I was working so I had to sneak over to my personal computer so I could post this.

Does anyone think Baz's murderer could be Nikki's dad?

Edited to add:  So much for that! lol

Edited by Pink-n-Green

Shawn posted pics with them too. All of the guys have had some spoilerish stuff on their social media. I'm excited to get some insight into Smurf's relationship with Julia even if it's only with young Julia. And I suppose we will get more Pam in the flashbacks.

Seems like a lot of the shooting currently is in Craig's place w/ the baby.

Jake also posted the infamous 'cock sock' so it seems like Derran gets over/ Adrian quick :(

I’d actually be interested in some flashbacks to the late 1990s/early 2000. I still have a lot of unanswered questions about Jays birth and would love some flashbacks centering on Julia, Pope, and Baz at the time.  I want to know what happened between the 3 of them that caused Julia and Jay to be banished. It’s never quite added up to me. The Baz we knew was ambitious and smart, but not too smart. He made the smart move, but the obvious smart move. If Julia was pregnant with Smurfs first grandchild, the obvious smart move for Baz is to marry Julia (or do some common law version of it) claim Jay as his son and secure his place in the Animal Kingdom as the father of the prince. I mean we know that probably wouldn’t have worked out, but it would seem like the good move at the time. So what happened? I still feel like there’s more there. Is it related to Pope’s irrational hatred of Jay? I mean Pope has reasons now but he’s hated Jay since long before he had justification. Was Julia banished because she was pregnant and Smurf’s didn’t want to share the Mom in Charge title? Why not try to take Jay the was Smurf tried to take Lelia? Wasn’t there something way back in S1 about Julia talking to the police? The Julia/Baz/Pope/Jay story has always bugged me with the amount of unanswered questions.

On 4/28/2021 at 8:53 PM, FozzyBear said:

I’d actually be interested in some flashbacks to the late 1990s/early 2000. I still have a lot of unanswered questions about Jays birth and would love some flashbacks centering on Julia, Pope, and Baz at the time.  I want to know what happened between the 3 of them that caused Julia and Jay to be banished. It’s never quite added up to me. The Baz we knew was ambitious and smart, but not too smart. He made the smart move, but the obvious smart move. If Julia was pregnant with Smurfs first grandchild, the obvious smart move for Baz is to marry Julia (or do some common law version of it) claim Jay as his son and secure his place in the Animal Kingdom as the father of the prince. I mean we know that probably wouldn’t have worked out, but it would seem like the good move at the time. So what happened? I still feel like there’s more there. Is it related to Pope’s irrational hatred of Jay? I mean Pope has reasons now but he’s hated Jay since long before he had justification. Was Julia banished because she was pregnant and Smurf’s didn’t want to share the Mom in Charge title? Why not try to take Jay the was Smurf tried to take Lelia? Wasn’t there something way back in S1 about Julia talking to the police? The Julia/Baz/Pope/Jay story has always bugged me with the amount of unanswered questions.

They have cast a teenage Pope, Julia, and Baz. They won't show up until season 6 though.

Season 5 looks good so far. One thing I noticed about the trailer is no sign of Angela(she won't be missed) or Frankie (who was mildly interesting). Renn is there briefly but it looks like she might be in trouble. I hope she doesn't end up fridged she's the closest any of the boys has come to a viable likable love interest.

I think Pope saw Jay as a threat initially as competition for his place in Smurf's affections. (Darren had a similar reaction) He was just out of prison so when Jay showed up so his emotions would have been all shut down. I think by the time he calmed down he saw something in Jay he didn't like. I think Jay reminds him of himself or Baz at that age in ways he doesn't like. That Jay is too controlled and Pope sees it as being cold. Jay isn't actually cold the way Baz was but Pope has very little emotional intelligence and doesn't see that. Pope tends to assume the worst of people's intentions and since Jay's intentions are hard for us to read it basically impossible for someone like Pope. Plus Pope is right that Jay lies a lot and Pope hates liars. Jay doesn't actually intend to hurt Pope he wants to get Smurf but Pope doesn't know that.

Its funny though Craig sussed out that Jay was a scared kid almost instantly because Craig is emotionally intelligent. That's why he gets along with Jay best initially.

(edited)

Did anyone watch the "sneak peek" that aired last night (7/04/21)?  I knew the show was coming back sometime in the summer and luckily my DVR is still programmed for it.   The problem is that several minutes from the beginning of the episode were not recorded.  I started to watch but stopped since I don't know what I missed and don't want to guess.  This peek isn't even on the TNT website yet, so I can't go there and see what I missed.   

What I got is BOOM mid-scene of:  Pope and someone talking in a room and Pope says "we're giving it back" while he zips up a black bag, then it goes into a flashback of young Smurf and the twins stealing from a store.  So what happens BEFORE this... any revelations for backstory from last season?    TIA

NEVERMIND:   I see the new season starts 7/11 - I will wait and watch when this ep re-airs then.

Edited by patty1h

patty1h my DVR recorded this too. It must have started early because I missed something at the beginning but I don't think it was more than a minute or so, if that. The entire first episode was aired. It was pretty good, but I'm disappointed they are still doing these dumb flashbacks with young Smurf. That pretty much ruined Season 4 for me. Isn't this supposed to be the last season?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I think this week's episode and and the blurb for "FUBAR" have convinced me that Pope is J's father. Idk that this is where the writers were always going, but Julia seemed pretty done with Baz (rightfully) whereas I could see her letting Pope around over the years, if only bc she had no one else.

But like every other prediction I've made about this show I could be very wrong.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

I think this week's episode and and the blurb for "FUBAR" have convinced me that Pope is J's father. Idk that this is where the writers were always going, but Julia seemed pretty done with Baz (rightfully) whereas I could see her letting Pope around over the years, if only bc she had no one else.

But like every other prediction I've made about this show I could be very wrong.

You could be very right after: I watched the last episode yesterday, they hinted at that. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LoveLeigh said:

You could be very right after: I watched the last episode yesterday, they hinted at that. 

Billy's attitude about J struck me as another factor. I mean - i don't trust J either - but as far as we know the two never had much interaction. Maybe Billy's thinking 'like father, like son'? 🤢

Also, it only struck me this week that Penny & Julia look similar.

6 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Well it would be no surprise that after growing up with completely inappropriate Smurf and having no outside group of friends to pick up on social norms with that Pope and Julia may have hooked up. The show has been giving off weird vibes about Pope and Julia for a longtime now. I'm inclined to believe Julia and Pope may have stayed estranged after Julia left, not totally because of Smurf, but because something happened and things got weird between them. However, I'm sort of inclined to believe J really is Baz's son. He has his father's cunning, at least when it comes to crime. Also, Julia knows hooking up with Pope is wrong. If she did conceive with him I'd be inclined to think she'd have had it taken care of. But Baz may be the guy she still held a candle for and had his kid, even though he had probably moved on with Catherine or Lucy by then. Perhaps knowing he didn't care about her or his son drove her deeper into addiction.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

Well it would be no surprise that after growing up with completely inappropriate Smurf and having no outside group of friends to pick up on social norms with that Pope and Julia may have hooked up. The show has been giving off weird vibes about Pope and Julia for a longtime now. I'm inclined to believe Julia and Pope may have stayed estranged after Julia left, not totally because of Smurf, but because something happened and things got weird between them. However, I'm sort of inclined to believe J really is Baz's son. He has his father's cunning, at least when it comes to crime. Also, Julia knows hooking up with Pope is wrong. If she did conceive with him I'd be inclined to think she'd have had it taken care of. But Baz may be the guy she still held a candle for and had his kid, even though he had probably moved on with Catherine or Lucy by then. Perhaps knowing he didn't care about her or his son drove her deeper into addiction.

I know many of us have gone back & forth on Baz or Pope as J's dad; I also saw Billy as a very dark horse bc I knew Leary was returning and his character had mentioned he always liked Julia. I don't like that they're condensing Julia's spiral to the final two episodes but I'm leaning more towards Pope being the father bc there's so much focus on his regret. I also think there's a probability the act was not consensual. 

And to me Penny resembles Julia so that gives J a Pope-ish creep factor.

8 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Billy's attitude about J struck me as another factor. I mean - i don't trust J either - but as far as we know the two never had much interaction. Maybe Billy's thinking 'like father, like son'? 🤢

Also, it only struck me this week that Penny & Julia look similar.

OMG who is Penny? lol Penny is J's girlfriend but how could she be related to the Codys? You mean he is attracted to a woman who looks like his mother?

Edited by LoveLeigh
1 hour ago, LoveLeigh said:

OMG who is Penny? lol Penny is J's girlfriend but how could she be related to the Codys? You mean he is attracted to a woman who looks like his mother?

Yes to the latter that J gf reminds him of mom. 

Idk, These guys are all creeps so maybe I look into things more than I should.