Type keyword(s) to search

Media for Sharp Objects

Premiere is Sunday, July 8.

The eight-episode limited drama series “Sharp Objects” will debut Sunday, July 8 at 9-10 p.m. ET/PT, exclusively on HBO. The series is based on Gillian Flynn’s bestselling novel of the same name. The show stars Amy Adams as reporter Camille Preaker, who returns to her small hometown to cover the murder of a preteen girl and the disappearance of another. Trying to put together a psychological puzzle from her past, she finds herself identifying with the young victims a bit too closely.

And some ultra creepy posters for the show are here.

On July 8, 2018 at 1:04 AM, spaceghostess said:

Cracks me up that this, of all projects, is Adams and Messina's Julie and Julia reunion.

Well  Julia Powell's (the Julie in Julie and Julia) next book was titled Cleaving: Marriage, Meat & Ambition.    It was about her Infidelity, and it appears she lost a lot of fans with it. They are still married. 

So, given what happened in their lives, this show may actually be an appropriate setting for their actors' reunion. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, BingeyKohan said:

From New York mag - all the words and phrases hidden in plain sight throughout the first episode:

http://www.vulture.com/2018/07/sharp-objects-all-the-hidden-words-you-missed.html

I missed several of these: the carvings in the desk, "girl" in the dollhouse, and the ones behind the drink. I'm a word nerd so I'll enjoy spotting the hidden words in the rest of the episodes.

4 hours ago, Macbeth said:

Well  Julia Powell's (the Julie in Julie and Julia) next book was titled Cleaving: Marriage, Meat & Ambition.    It was about her Infidelity, and it appears she lost a lot of fans with it. They are still married. 

So, given what happened in their lives, this show may actually be an appropriate setting for their actors' reunion. 

Apparently Julie Powell is not a very nice person - if I recall correctly, even SHE said that Amy Adams played her much nicer than she actually is.

Tara Ariano is recapping this show.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, BingeyKohan said:

From New York mag - all the words and phrases hidden in plain sight throughout the first episode:

http://www.vulture.com/2018/07/sharp-objects-all-the-hidden-words-you-missed.html

Thank you for the link. Other than the writing on the car trunk I missed all of them while watching on my iPad. I only saw the one in the last scene because I rewound and replayed the scene about five times.   Actually a lot of the show was very dark for me. I was trying to change the lighting settings on my iPad while watching it. I’ve never had to do that before. So I think I might’ve missed a lot of other little nuances in scenes  as well. I wasn’t crazy about the show but I love all the actors so I will stick with it for now.  

• Love 1

Sharp Objects won’t be getting a followup. Deadline reports the HBO TV show will not return for a second season.

Based on the novel by Gillian Flynn, the limited series follows St. Louis newspaper reporter Camille Preaker (Amy Adams) as she returns to her small hometown to file a story about two missing girls. The cast also includes Patricia Clarkson, Chris Messina, Eliza Scanlen, Elizabeth Perkins, Matt Craven, Henry Czerny, Miguel Sandoval, Taylor John Smith, Sophia Lillis, and Madison Davenport.

During a recent panel, HBO boss Casey Bloys revealed Sharp Objects will remain a limited series and there are no plans for a second season:

"Unlike Big Little Lies where all of the stars wanted to come back, Sharp Objects, it’s a very dark character, very dark material. Amy doesn’t want to live in this character again and I can’t blame her, it’s a lot to take on for an actress. So no plans for a second season. We are very happy with this living as a limited series.”

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/sharp-objects-no-season-two-for-hbos-amy-adams-series/

• Love 4
1 hour ago, casey65 said:

So glad to hear they aren’t trying to stretch out another season.  They are telling the story of the book, and that should be where it ends. 

Absolutely. There's no point to a second season either. I'm surprised anyone would think there would be a second one.

However, I'd be happy to see them do a limited series of Dark Places.

8 hours ago, carrps said:

Absolutely. There's no point to a second season either. I'm surprised anyone would think there would be a second one.

However, I'd be happy to see them do a limited series of Dark Places.

Did you know that Charlize Theron did a Dark Places movie?

7 minutes ago, Buttless said:

I dont read crossover fan fiction, but Id make an exception here .

As Adora is being led away she turns to dust...

The editor and Amma have to go here too. Camille needs to lose everything. Lol

Golden Globe nominations!

Best Television Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Best Performance by an Actress in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: Amy Adams
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: Patricia Clarkson

Amy is also nominated in another category:

Best Actress in a Supporting Role in any Motion Picture: Amy Adams (“Vice”)

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2