Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Ralphie

I thought this was creepy as hell - and absolutely mesmerizing. Sheesh, that little boy was a great actor. The feeling of dread never let up. I'm still not sure what to make of the ending, but I guess it's kind of cool that it was left a bit ambiguous? Anyway, I'm in - was wishing I could binge watch the whole thing, which is high praise in this era of peak tv.

• Love 5

Okay, am I the only one who thought that girl must have some bladder if she didn't have to go to the bathroom that whole time? 

I wasn't surprised that there was a WTF ending. I used to watch "Tales From the Darkside" and other shows like that.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Okay, am I the only one who thought that girl must have some bladder if she didn't have to go to the bathroom that whole time? 

I wasn't surprised that there was a WTF ending. I used to watch "Tales From the Darkside" and other shows like that.

ha! true. i would have had to use it at least 5 times!

i will watch the next episode but i'm all that into stories that make you figure out the ending. like was there a demon twin boy or was the babysitter insane? 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

ha! true. i would have had to use it at least 5 times!

i will watch the next episode but i'm all that into stories that make you figure out the ending. like was there a demon twin boy or was the babysitter insane? 

I think it has to do something with the room. Maybe it makes you see thing that are not real. 

That was...interesting. Actually, it was pretty great until the end. I like an ambiguous ending, but this was just really predictable as far as her killing Ralph not "Ralphie". I wasn't sure if it was going to be the boy or her who died, but once it was Ralphie I knew it was Ralph.  All this episode made me want to do is re-read The Turn of the Screw.

Girl needs to hit the prison gym after she's tried and convicted for murdering a kid because she should have been able to take him easily. He was a skinny little thing.

I do agree, that child actor was amazing. I really felt bad for Ralph.

• Love 3

I agree it was creepy. I wasn't going to watch but this ep hooked me from the first minute when the kid refused to come out. I think the kid was traumatised by his mum committing suicide and created the demon twin corporeal form. The dad must have known though.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, shang yiet said:

The dad must have known though.

The dad was acting squirrelly from the get go. Why was he sitting there with his head in his hands at the beginning? He didn't check Meg's references and didn't bother to introduce her to Ralph before he left. I actually thought the dad wanted someone else to put an end to Ralph/Ralphie and duped the babysitter into doing it for him. But then he seemed genuinely devastated when he discovered his dead son, so maybe not.

I know nothing about this show or the Duplass brothers, but it reminded me a bit of The Twilight Zone so I'll watch a few more episodes to see if I stick with it.

• Love 2

I tend to like Twilight Zone anthology series-type stuff, but almost by definition, they can be hit or miss. You have to swallow a fair amount of unrealism for this one -- the aforementioned not having to use the bathroom for 3-4 hours, the taking a babysitting gig at a hotel, the simply texting rather than calling dad and being "Um, what the F is wrong with your kid? You need to come home or pay me quadruple or something because this is messed up" and the babysitter not being able to physically deal with Ralph/Ralphie without choking him.

• Love 1

That was creepy. I thought Dad set Meg up to kill Ralphie. He was too vague about where he was going and when he would be back. I thought he locked him in the bathroom or else he should have made him come out to meet Meg. I didn't believe he was heartbroken that Ralph died.