Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Things Are Going To Get Worse

• Start Topic

I don't have coherent thoughts to add right now but I just needed to say that I love this show so damn much. 

Not one plotline I'm not interest in. 

And I KNEW Keisha and Tommy has to of been hooking up. 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I don't have coherent thoughts to add right now but I just needed to say that I love this show so damn much. 

Not one plotline I'm not interest in. 

And I KNEW Keisha and Tommy has to of been hooking up. 

Yes I got that vibe too. 

James is NEVER going to turn on Tommy. I don't see that happening ever. I do want to know how his stint in jail is going to play out regarding the other inmate who's wife has terminal cancer.

Tariq is SO FUCKING DUMB. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I KNEW it, wrt Keisha and Tommy.

And I knew that Angela was being super messy having James arrested. She's now realizing how fucking dumb she's being and way too late I might add..she swears she knows ghost but hearing the murder weapon was found in his office at truth must have rang some bells.

I cannot WAIT for her to get her comeuppance.

Also, Tariq is irritating the shit out of me. I get being mad at your father, but gotdamn. No loyalty, no question as to why this old ass dude wants to hang around you?? Smh

Edited by Fairlily26
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, Fairlily26 said:

Also, Tariq is irritating the shit out of me. I get being mad at your father, but gotdamn. No loyalty, no question as to why this old ass dude wants to hang around you?? Smh

Yeah, Tariq is too stupid to live. I mentioned last season that I hope Raina got Tasha's smarts. There has to be hope for at least one St. Patrick child. Jury's still out on the toddler.

Some random-ass guy is taking an interest in a 12 year old? The alarm bells should've been deafening. His lack of street smarts is annoying AF.

• Love 6

I hope Keisha's not really falling for Tommy since he is a walking bundle of cray.

Tasha does know Ghost has killed people, right? I guess she was just trying to protect the kids' image of their father. And why would they ever call their father Ghost to his face? Oh wait, Tariq absolutely would do that, on purpose.

This John Mak guy rubs me the wrong way. He seems too smug and cocky  for no apparent reason. Wonder when Angela's gonna sleep with him? Because of course she will at least try to even though he all but called her a gardening utensil to her face.

Lol at Tommy giving his ditzy mom his car. Lord knows where the feds will track her going and doing. They'll probably end up with some dirt on her that they'll try to use to work Tommy with.

James should've told Tommy to kill Angela but he probably couldn't say that over the prison phone.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Did I miss an episode?  Is Tariq gay?  I'm just trying to figure out his reasoning for constantly reaching out to Caanan.  Doesn't he have any friends his

own damn age?

I don't think Tariq is gay, (we haven't been told anything about that either way) although I do think the fact that a grown man is taking such an interest in him should be ringing alarm bells in his head with a big neon "child predator" sign.

The writers seem to be playing it as Tariq is in need of attention from an adult male figure and combined with his general stupidity Kanaan has him ripe for the taking. This would make so much more sense if Kanaan sent a Dre figure (someone slightly older but still young) to gain his confidence, not someone his Dad's age ?  

• Love 1

Tariq has been disillusioned with his dad for a while now. He doesn't trust him. Kanaan represents what he would like to have with his dad. No bullshit. No lies. At least from his perspective. He's also confirming every doubt he has about his dad. He's just looking for a new father figure in all the wrong places. He feels like he's always being treated like a child by his parents as well and Kanaan doesn't really do that.

10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I hope Keisha's not really falling for Tommy since he is a walking bundle of cray.

Tasha does know Ghost has killed people, right? I guess she was just trying to protect the kids' image of their father. And why would they ever call their father Ghost to his face? Oh wait, Tariq absolutely would do that, on purpose.

This John Mak guy rubs me the wrong way. He seems too smug and cocky  for no apparent reason. Wonder when Angela's gonna sleep with him? Because of course she will at least try to even though he all but called her a gardening utensil to her face.

Lol at Tommy giving his ditzy mom his car. Lord knows where the feds will track her going and doing. They'll probably end up with some dirt on her that they'll try to use to work Tommy with.

James should've told Tommy to kill Angela but he probably couldn't say that over the prison phone.

The use of "Ghost" at home has always struck me as wrong. It's his street name. You know, on the streets where he's a drug kingpin, and they presumably don't want their kids to know about that. If it turns Tasha on to call him that or something, keep that in the bedroom, but to be like "Ghost, pour Tariq some cereal" is really weird and sloppy. I just feel like that wouldn't happen. It would be WAY too easy for one of the kids to be like "My mom calls my dad Ghost sometimes" to the wrong person. The kids shouldn't know that nickname for him, let alone call him that.

Did James break that guy's arm who was messing with him?

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don't think Tariq is gay, (we haven't been told anything about that either way) although I do think the fact that a grown man is taking such an interest in him should be ringing alarm bells in his head with a big neon "child predator" sign.

The writers seem to be playing it as Tariq is in need of attention from an adult male figure and combined with his general stupidity Kanaan has him ripe for the taking. This would make so much more sense if Kanaan sent a Dre figure (someone slightly older but still young) to gain his confidence, not someone his Dad's age ?  

I don't think he's gay either, but I keep watching him like "Why has no one taught him about stranger danger?"

I enjoyed watching Angela go through trial prep and realize how messy her life is. Like, girl. Do better. Make better choices.

• Love 5

I know it's only been two episodes, but if they don't start to show us that SOMEONE (Ghost, Tasha, Angela, Fine-Ass Julio, somebody) getting a clue, I'm probably gonna be out.  I know the gun in the club thing rang at least one bell in Angela's head.  I hope the rest of them starting ringing.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, BindsTheTuna said:

I know it's only been two episodes, but if they don't start to show us that SOMEONE (Ghost, Tasha, Angela, Fine-Ass Julio, somebody) getting a clue, I'm probably gonna be out.  I know the gun in the club thing rang at least one bell in Angela's head.  I hope the rest of them starting ringing.

I think Tommy has a clue. I also think Tasha has a clue, she smelled Kanaan mitts all over this although he's supposed to be dead. 

One of the things that really frustrate me about Angela is that I don't think she has a low iq, but her PERSPECTIVE is off. She's so blinded by the delusions that 1. She's on the high road, and 2. Social rules don't apply to her. The mental gymnastics she's going through are clouding her god given intelligence. But again she's the one that got wrapped up with Ghost in the first place. The first time she didn't know he was married or a drug dealer but after that.....like in what way was she not complicit in all of this?!!

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Tommy has a clue. I also think Tasha has a clue, she smelled Kanaan mitts all over this although he's supposed to be dead. 

One of the things that really frustrate me about Angela is that I don't think she has a low iq, but her PERSPECTIVE is off. She's so blinded by the delusions that 1. She's on the high road, and 2. Social rules don't apply to her. The mental gymnastics she's going through are clouding her god given intelligence. But again she's the one that got wrapped up with Ghost in the first place. The first time she didn't know he was married or a drug dealer but after that.....like in what way was she not complicit in all of this?!!

Yup, I really didn't like Tommy, especially when he was with that crack head holly, but once they showed how loyal he was to Tasha and the kids he grew on me. 

Plus that crazy mother fucker is smart.

I think I like that he and Keisha (predictably) hooked up.

And I think he might be the one to actually kill kanaan. Hopefully, Angela too.

But yes, I think Tasha and Tommy (to some degree) know that kanaan is behind tariqs disappearance and fucked up attitude.

• Love 3

Still don't care what happens to Ghost. Still sick of Tariq (Tasha calling him Riq made me think of Reek from Game of Thrones - that's how through I am with his character as I never thought this previously). Still hoping Angela ends up painful dead.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I need the current Kanan storyline to wrap up quickly because 50 isn't a strong enough actor to make me get past the ugly when his character is on screen this much.

Still Team Tasha, Tommy, Keisha and Dre. Kanan, Ghost, Angela and to a lesser extent, Tariq (and only because he is a child) can disappear at any time.

The use of the race card was priceless as I looked at the prosecutors office and saw a clearly racist white man, a black man who could be on some Clarence Thomas BS, and three non black PoC who could be anti-black , wonder if that was intentional?

Tommy running over Hispanic Common shouldn't have been funny, but it was.

I like Tommy with Keisha, but I don't know where the show is going with this story.

I thought the device placed under Tommy's car was. Bomb, but I didn't see anything happen to his mom (glad of this because I like the actress and think she and Tommy play off each other well), so I guess it was a tracking device.

Question -- Is this the last season, because I don't know how much longer this Ghost in jail story can go on if it isn't. Although I guess it could be the season (please no) with Ghost being acquitted in the face of Angela's death and the reveal that her co-worker/supervisor is on the payroll of the drug cartel, thus sinking the case against Ghost.

• Love 4

I'm scratching my head about why Tariq would be so taken with "Slim" in the first place.  He's ugly. He's crude. He's as ghetto as all get out.  The places Tariq's hanging out at and the things he's doing are so far from what he has at home with his parents that it doesn't make any sense to me.  I'm sick of seeing his face all twisted up and the pissy little chip on his shoulder.  What an ungrateful little shit.  Kanan wants to hurt Jamie and Tasha, if Tariq gets hurt or killed or put in juvenile detention he doesn't care.  Bottom line, I can't stand Tariq and hope he dies.  I would love Tasha to kick Angela's ass. And that skank knows damn well Jamie wouldn't have killed Greg over her.  Didn't he kick her ass to the curb before Greg ended up dead?  Tommy cracked me up running that dude over.  Lakeisha is needy, and be should get her act together.  I feel bad for Jamie and hope they don't plan to keep him in jail for the whole season. I need him to be scheming and pulling strings on the street.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

Question -- Is this the last season, because I don't know how much longer this Ghost in jail story can go on if it isn't. Although I guess it could be the season (please no) with Ghost being acquitted in the face of Angela's death and the reveal that her co-worker/supervisor is on the payroll of the drug cartel, thus sinking the case against Ghost.

A year ago it was renewed for two more seasons, so there's at least another one after this one.

Edited by Empress1

Tommy running over Hispanic Common shouldn't have been funny, but it was.

Especially given the music choice. Who knew Easy like a Sunday Morning could be used in such a savage way?

12 hours ago, taurusrose said:

I'm scratching my head about why Tariq would be so taken with "Slim" in the first place.  He's ugly. He's crude. He's as ghetto as all get out.  The places Tariq's hanging out at and the things he's doing are so far from what he has at home with his parents that it doesn't make any sense to me.  I'm sick of seeing his face all twisted up and the pissy little chip on his shoulder.  What an ungrateful little shit.

I guess it's the classic rich, privileged kid who wants to be down stereotype. Michael Rainey, Jr will hopefully go on to do great things because he's believable as a little asshole.

On 7/3/2017 at 11:57 AM, Empress1 said:

The use of "Ghost" at home has always struck me as wrong. It's his street name. You know, on the streets where he's a drug kingpin, and they presumably don't want their kids to know about that. If it turns Tasha on to call him that or something, keep that in the bedroom, but to be like "Ghost, pour Tariq some cereal" is really weird and sloppy. I just feel like that wouldn't happen. It would be WAY too easy for one of the kids to be like "My mom calls my dad Ghost sometimes" to the wrong person. The kids shouldn't know that nickname for him, let alone call him that.

Yeah, this. It's ridiculous that Tasha and Tommy would be so cavalier as to call James "Ghost" at home. Ghost was mad at Tommy, rightfully, when Tommy told Holly his street name and all about the operation. If he was upset about that, why would he be okay with Tasha calling him Ghost at home? It is sloppy and one of the few missteps the show has made. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Tariq had a great moment when he stood up to the guys in the school hallway.  BUT, everything else about him is too irritating.  The one thing that bugs for me is the actor plays the same troubled kid in pretty much every role I've seen him.  Orange is the New Black, Barbershop 2, and now this.  He may not have a extensive career thus far, but he needs to broaden his range because I see him and know exactly the role he will be playing.

Also, why isn't Kanan dead?  Not from the fire, but from someone just putting a bullet in his head.  He is that leader that physically chastises his underlings like that won't come back on him.  I can understand maintaining a certain amount of respect/reputation, but he doesn't really have anybody backing him up for him to be choking dude out at the club.  Only in TV and movies do leaders kill/hurt their underlings with impunity.

Edited by PsychoDrone
  • Love 4

She seems pretty into him already, which...yeah, that's not going to end well for her. As a rule of thumb, Tommy should not be trusted.

• Love 5
(edited)

Ghost and those baby seal eyes attracting all the admirers in jail. Lol!  

I preferred the show when Lala barely had any lines......and she so already fallen hard for Tommy.  First Kanan's dumb son, now this.  She makes bad decisions.

Speaking of dumb, die Tariq, die!  I can't wait for when Kanan turns on his side and roughs him the fuck up.

And speaking of die, join him Angela.  I don't even understand how she's still allowed to work on the case.  

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 4

And speaking of did, join him Angela.  I don't even understand how she's still allowed to work on the case. 

This is why I can't take AUSA John Mak all that seriously. He goes on and on about how Angela's compromised, but is still including her on the case. He's as dumb as all the other characters on this show.

• Love 2