Type keyword(s) to search

Let's try to market this: media, articles and interviews

caracas1914

I still don't own even one DVD of Glee. The only way I will splurge on a box set is if they do extensive all-season cast episode commentaries, extensive blooper scenes, cast interviews, Glee tours bts's and such goodies. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

LOL I'm not going to actually buy the DVDs. But I'll find a download of the blooper reel because I love these cast members. So I'm glad they're finally releasing one. Fandom has been begging for one for years.

• Love 1

LOL I'm not going to actually buy the DVDs. But I'll find a download of the blooper reel because I love these cast members. So I'm glad they're finally releasing one. Fandom has been begging for one for years.

Same thing here. 

I don't trust them and their DVD extras.  The bloopers will probably be all of Warblers or the glee project.

I want a half hour blooper reel of Rachel Berry's train wreak extravaganza. 

• Love 3

I broke down and pre-ordered season 6 DVD. I enjoyed more of this season then I disliked and there were 4 episodes that I really liked a lot. The only other Glee DVD that I own is season 1 volume 2 (Road to Regionals).

I do have most of the first part of season 1, some of season 2&3 and maybe 2 episodes of season 4 on my DVR. I can't see myself ever wanting the complete set of all seasons because there were too many stories that I hated or that bored me.

Lol he won't let go of the GG. And a KID? Chris is just 3 years younger than him. 

I think this is at least the fourth time he's brought up the GG. Wonder if we should expect similar "jokes" about NPH's Tony award when he rolls into Hedwig.

I think you are reaching. Darren practically fangurls over Chris. (Just like he does some of the other incredibly talented people he's worked with. Like Lea, and a few people from UMich, and Usher..who he hasn't worked with but he fangurls over.) It's just a joke. And one that doesn't deprecate Chris' achievements at all. It actually just brings up the fact that Chris won a Golden Globe a few years ago..

• Love 2

It actually just brings up the fact that Chris won a Golden Globe a few years ago..

He actually uses it to make a joke, same as the other times I can recall. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 5

This is the 3rd time now that Darren has 'joked' about Chris' Golden Globe win.

The first time he said that people would of course assume that he was the one who won the Golden Globe ('Old Dog, New Tricks' BTS), the second time he said Chris won the GG because of his "whiny crying" as Kurt (Klaine BTS of 'A Wedding'). Now he said that Chris won the GG not for Glee but because he can disguise the fact that he's in reality an old lady.

I also vaguely remember Darren saying several times something like (paraphrasing) that the smartest and easiest thing for him to do when he started on Glee was to attach himself to, and even ride on the coattails of, a Golden Globe winning actor.

So maybe all these times Darren just meant to fanboy over Chris in a (according to him) comical manner, but not once has he actually really complimented Chris on winning the GG because he's simply a good actor.

Make of that what you will.

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 3

I don't think Darren is trying to disrespect Chris' GG win at all. He is making jokes based on actual events. The GG win is one of the biggest and most known about Chris, so he used that. Celebrities are asked the same questions day after day, year after year. One is bound to repeat jokes or statements. They'd run out of stuff to say otherwise.

He hasn't made the same repeated jokes for Jane's Emmy afair. And when he mentioned Shirley MacLaine's Oscar, he didn't make a joke about how she got that either (the joke was "Oscar winning Shirley MacLaine and Teen Choice Award winning Darren Criss are *gesture of earth and sky*). So it's possible for him to just bring it up if he so wishes to compliment someone. He may have good intentions, idk, but after the second time these jokes don't work. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 5

I would assume he's closer to Chris than then other two actresses. He works with Chris more and is closer in age. I know wouldn't joke about my older co-workers the way I would the younger ones I usually joke around with. 

I think Darren and Chris had very different experiences in their formative years and it shows in their public personas. Chris says he was harassed pretty hard core when he was younger and he's self deprecating in interviews--he's going to make fun of himself before anyone else can. I think Darren had a more typical middle/high school experience where you riff on your friends and it's more a sign of familiarity than ridicule. I think because Chris doesn't do the riffing thing, it can sort of look like Darren's being douchey because he's poking fun at Chris but Chris doesn't really poke back. In fact, if Chris was sitting nex to Darren when he made the little old lady comment, Chris would agree with him and add a funny quip to prove his old ladyness.

It reminds me of the interview where Matthew Morrison was blathering on obliviously about how awesome his high school experience was and Chris and Cory were side eying so hard they were almost coming out do their seats.

Edited by Myrna123
  • Love 2
(edited)

I dunno,  Chris jokes online with people his age like Grant Gustin, Kevin  and Roberto Aguirre trading quips and getting quite snarky  so I don't quite buy that the kidding/joking around is outside of Chris' comfort zone with certain friends.

Personally I just think Darren sticks his foot in his mouth more often than not because he just can't.stop.talking. but it's not the crime of the century overall.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

I think Darren and Chris had very different experiences in their formative years and it shows in their public personas. Chris says he was harassed pretty hard core when he was younger and he's self deprecating in interviews--he's going to make fun of himself before anyone else can. I think Darren had a more typical middle/high school experience where you riff on your friends and it's more a sign of familiarity than ridicule. I think because Chris doesn't do the riffing thing, it can sort of look like Darren's being douchey because he's poking fun at Chris but Chris doesn't really poke back. In fact, if Chris was sitting nex to

Darren when he made the little old lady comment, Chris would agree with him and add a funny quip to prove his old ladyness.

It reminds me of the interview where Matthew Morrison was blathering on obliviously about how awesome his high school experience was and Chris and Cory were side eying so hard they were almost coming out do their seats.

At least Matt Morrison admitted( in 2013 I think) that he was ignorant about the effect bullying had on kids up until recently.

(edited)
At least Matt Morrison admitted( in 2013 I think) that he was ignorant about the effect bullying had on kids up until recently.

Yea, Matt is another who can sometimes give   awkward interviews (sorry Sara!)  that when he's trying to make a "joke" , just no.  

Edited by caracas1914

Yea, Matt is another one who can sometimes has given awkward interviews (sorry Sarah!) that when he's trying to make a "joke" , just no.

Oh I know. I think most Matt fans would agree that he sometimes sticks his foot in his mouth. He often admits his mistakes too, though.

My point was about how these jokes come across, at least to people who aren't unabashed Darren fans. It's the same for me with his type of self-deprecation which comes across as humblebrag, because it's different when he genuinely brags (rightly so) about his achievements and his new opportunities.

I think Darren also made a similar foot-in-mouth comment about bullying, but you're right about Matt there.

Edited by fakeempress

Darren's previous GG jokes were all on video, Sara, just to be clear.

I would assume he's closer to Chris than then other two actresses. He works with Chris more and is closer in age. I know wouldn't joke about my older co-workers the way I would the younger ones I usually joke around with.

Nah, he's worked a lot with Jane and is close with her, she was the only? cast member who could and actually made the trek to see him in How to Succeed. And he called Shirley "my girl". 

I think because Chris doesn't do the riffing thing, it can sort of look like Darren's being douchey because he's poking fun at Chris but Chris doesn't really poke back. In fact, if Chris was sitting nex to Darren when he made the little old lady comment, Chris would agree with him and add a funny quip to prove his old ladyness.

It's a night and day now because there aren't as many all cast interviews now. But if you check the older ones -- I ended up browsing the UT last night and watched quite a few, from their mall tours, Aussie trip, etc., you'll notice Chris riffing alright.  

Edited by fakeempress

I howled laughing at Chris and Cory's faces. My school experience was similar so i appreciated the side eye.

(edited)

Matt was literally THAT guy in high school.... Senior President AND Prom King....seriously  LOL.

I ran into an old HS acquaintance and she started saying something about how weird HS was  and i just went " shut the fuck up, you were Homecoming Queen" and we just melted in laughter.

Edited by caracas1914

From the Paris Con:

Per the producer there, cut scenes unlikely to ever be released. The scenes change the story as it exists, and as it exists *is* the story. 

---- Dumbest rationale I've heard, in case she meant the DVD releases.Some scenes were cut just for length as far as I know.

Mark apparently said he wrote a song Musical Soulmate which is about a cast member but not saying who. 

What they’d do in down time: Jacob drank Red Bull with Jenna, and Becca to get wired on late shoots. Mark said that for a while he was dating Naya Rivera (down time activity lol!), so that was nice to have his girlfriend on set but sometimes not so nice, for a couple of years. He still loves Naya, and she’ll always be a major part of his life.

Edited by fakeempress

I had to find this interview, and I did. Unfortunately the resolution kind of sucks, but still:

Chris Colfer's "Good for you." Oh, my god. LOL.

Performing arts high schools tend to be better in the sense that you don't get the physical bullying, but people are still just as nasty and cliquey...the cliques just look different. Still, the class president type always seems to get along with everybody and assumes that everybody else got along, too. In reality the nastiness doesn't end until senior year, when everybody just decides to be over the drama with the people in their class because it's almost done, and instead focus on hating the kids in the lower classes.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

I dunno,  Chris jokes online with people his age like Grant Gustin, Kevin  and Roberto Aguirre trading quips and getting quite snarky  so I don't quite buy that the kidding/joking around is outside of Chris' comfort zone with certain friends.

Personally I just think Darren sticks his foot in his mouth more often than not because he just can't.stop.talking. but it's not the crime of the century overall.

My point was about how these jokes come across, at least to people who aren't unabashed Darren fans. It's the same for me with his type of self-deprecation which comes across as humblebrag, because it's different when he genuinely brags (rightly so) about his achievements and his new opportunities.

I think Darren also made a similar foot-in-mouth comment about bullying, but you're right about Matt there.

No, I think they come off as silly little jokes to anyone who isn't a sensitive Chris Colfer fan.

And honestly, I don't think Darren puts his foot in his mouth as much as people get oversensitive to what he's saying/twist what he says/takes what he says out of context. 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Love 1

I see both sides of the argument. I do think his comments, either way, can be warped by your opinion of Darren. I probably wouldn't have thought anything about them if people hadn't said anything about them. I think it is a little awkward though since it's obvious to people who aren't delusion CrissColfer shippers that they aren't close, and I probably wouldn't make those kind of jokes with someone I wasn't close to.

Darren's repeated jokes about Chris' Golden Globe win comes off as a little passive aggressive to me, and I'm definitely not a sensitive Chris Colfer fan. 

Nothing new except a rumour that Naya may be in talks for Fashion Police

I hope that stays a rumor, too.

• Love 7

As I watched the old UT videos of the cast, it struck me how often Chris would make a point to say directly that he is very sarcastic and also called himself judgemental a few times. He was giving plenty of warning what his sense of humour is. And yet, I haven't heard him make a similar type of joke repeatedly about Darren, unless I missed something -- though one would expect a sarcastic and judgemental person to do exactly that kind of joke a dozen times 

Edited by fakeempress

I always thought Mark/Naya was a tabloid rumor!  Now I wonder if she actually did (or threatened to) key his car.

I feel bad for Matt in that clip.  I mean, he was literally asked "Which clique were you?  What was your high school experience like?" and he answered honestly.  Maybe it was a little insensitive to Cory and Chris, but if he legitimately had a happy time in high school, he should be able to say that.  And again, Cory flat out asked him!  

• Love 1

I always thought Mark/Naya was a tabloid rumor!  Now I wonder if she actually did (or threatened to) key his car.

I feel bad for Matt in that clip.  I mean, he was literally asked "Which clique were you?  What was your high school experience like?" and he answered honestly.  Maybe it was a little insensitive to Cory and Chris, but if he legitimately had a happy time in high school, he should be able to say that.  And again, Cory flat out asked him!  

I think Mark-Naya was mentioned by the cast before. And Ryan probably meant them when he said for the early seasons that he banned sex of set or something to that effect LOL, don't recall his exact words. 

Edited by fakeempress

No, I think they come off as silly little jokes to anyone who isn't a sensitive Chris Colfer fan.

And honestly, I don't think Darren puts his foot in his mouth as much as people get oversensitive to what he's saying/twist what he says/takes what he says out of context. 

I agree.

As for that Cory/Matt/Chris video. Not everyone is bullied in high school. Not Matt's fault he had a great high school experience. I found their reactions to be really dumb. He's a lot nicer than I am for taking their reactions in stride.

• Love 1

I think the Matt/Cory/Chris thing is hard because they all had SUCH different experiences. Matt gushed a bit too much, but I kind of understood all 3 POVs. It was an awkward situation all around.

He's a lot nicer than I am for taking their reactions in stride.

I think people are over-stating Chris and Cory's reactions.  I don't really think either really side-eyed Matt.  They did look uncomfortable at Matt's gushing but I think that was just the awkwardness of their high school experience (or lack of one for Cory) being very different than Matt's.  

Edited by camussie

American crime story makes me bash my head against the desk harder than anything Glee ever did (and I'm still probably going to need to be careful from that concussion Blaine/Dave gave me). Does anybody not getting a paycheck from it think this will work at all? These are not the right people to hand the keys.

Did anyone else hear about Mark losing his court case? The young woman he pushed and had unprotected sex with won a 2.7 million dollar ruling against him. His insurance company has to pay it, but with his personal net worth not being much more than that, I don't think he has a future in Hollywood anymore. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3012138/Glee-actor-Mark-Salling-reaches-2-7million-settlement-Playboy-model-claimed-forced-unprotected-sex.html

He didn't "lose" the case, they settled it, and apparently the money is coming from Mark's insurance company, and, weirdly, he might get some of it too?

"However, under the terms of the settlement signed by a judge, Gorzela can only go after Salling's insurance company State Farm for the damages awarded to her, and not the actor personally."

Edited by SNeaker

It seems like a settlement just to make her go away and sort of like an insurance scam?  It doesn't sound like Mark admitted to anything other than she fell on his property and hurt herself, maybe stemming from negligence.  I mean it's a civil lawsuit so there's no criminal charges anyway.

Also glad someone else wonder what happened to Marley, Jake and Ryder. Although the way they destroyed Kitty I'm kind of glad we'll never know.

Although I did read one fan theory that in 2020 Marley is dead, Ryder is with Unique and Jake and Kitty are together. The first two I can believe but not the last!

While visiting a few other Glee related forums I've seen posters convinced they saw Marley in the finale, a really quick blink and she is there. Obviously these people are confusing some shots of Madison for Marley but I think this lends some piece of support to my theory that the wardrobe department put Madison into a beret so she could be mistaken for Marley on quick shots. I refuse to believe Marley would be dead. And just cause Ryder held Unique's hand doesn't (for me anyway) mean they are together. Ryder was just being a gentleman and helping a lady walk down the stairs in high heels. The way those 3 enter at the back, it is clear (to me anyway) that if Melissa was able to attend she would have entered at the back on stage right with Joe to balance out into a pair entering both sides. That doesn't mean Marley would be with Joe in 2020. I honestly don't think much thought went into who entered with who in regards to what that meant for the future. Are we to assume that Mike and Matt are in a relationship cause they danced together?

Edited by Bill1978