Type keyword(s) to search

Alaskan Bush People - General Discussion

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

He made the sled two episodes ago and made that awesome diaper table last ep. I'm telling you, that thing is the bee's knees. 

Yeah, I wasn't saying he stopped inventing.  I was saying you don't hear him bragging about his genius so much.

This episode was not pleasant to watch, with Bird repeatedly trying to band the goat.  Gives me the willies.

It was also unusual in that most of the actions seemed relatively sane - taking care of the goat, delivering a foal, the kids worrying about their father, No-uh and Rhain abandoning the fairy tale caste (for the moment) and moving down the mountain to be close to the hospital. 

The only real insanity came from Bear, painting a mural on his skid row shipping container home that would make a five year old embarrassed to display.

Rhain Alisha is very pregnant-uh, and is getting ready to deliver the baby-uh.

Next week is the season finale already.  The seasons are six episodes long now. That can't bode well for the Brown clan, can it?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/2/2019 at 7:19 AM, rmontro said:

The only real insanity came from Bear, painting a mural on his skid row shipping container home that would make a five year old embarrassed to display.

And then they drop the container next to the first one with the mural facing against it - wtf?

Why do they never discuss why Billy has a breathing problem? Asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis? Heart condition? Does he have a rescue inhaler? Does he still smoke? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

And then they drop the container next to the first one with the mural facing against it - wtf? 

No mystery there, I'd be covering that thing up too.

Bird said something about pneumonia, but I don't think that was Billy's issue.  It appears to me that he has some sort of asthma/emphysema/COPD issues.  Probably related to smoking, but maybe not.  Some people don't like to discuss their medical problems, it's a very personal subject, so that's probably why they haven't gone into much depth on it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

The look on the construction guys face when Noah told him he needed the blocks to build a castle: PRICELESS.

Good grief. The poor goat. Surely production would not let idiot birdbrain do that to him.

Edited by b4pjoe
Edit
  • LOL 4

I watched part of an episode last night for the first time in a long time.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Did Birdbrain put up the walls of her "birdhouse" and then say she was going to bring in her cats so THEY could tell her where to put the windows?  And THEN she hoisted a window up, leaned it up against a solid wall and THEN said, "This looks like a good place"?  She didn't frame out the windows BEFORE putting up the wall?

Oh . . . and why don't they just buy scrubbies at Walmart (since they seem to be there ALL THE TIME), rather than using dry vegetation ("I think it's sterile, but I'm not sure") to "wash" their dishes?  Without soap.  Leaving copious amounts of "brownie mix" in the bottom of a "clean" bowl.

Annnnnnd I'm back to not watching, just enjoying the snark.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Well, that didn't last long.  Both Bear's marriage and this "season" in general.

So I hear they somehow acquired some land in Canada now.  Sounds like they will be moving yet again.  Gee, what about that barn they supposedly constructed?  And of course, Bear's dumpster dream house?  😉

They might as well call themselves the "(Anything but) Alaskan Bush People."  Heh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I bet Bear will have some EXTREEEEEME child support payments in his future.  😉

Yeah, just when you think this messed up family couldn't get more messed up...I read about that pregnancy news.  Wow.  I feel so bad for that kid.  What a sad bunch of nutjobs to be born into.  Yikes.

I can't imagine this series being very long for the world.  They only had about 5-6 episodes this season, right?  And even the true believers have to be a bit weirded out by now.  At least you would think so. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, brgjoe said:

I bet Bear will have some EXTREEEEEME child support payments in his future. 

I don't know how well their barter system will work for that. He may have to go to jail or get a job or something.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Eataton said:

I don't know how well their barter system will work for that. He may have to go to jail or get a job or something.

Might not be too bad if she needs something done, they often trade labor.  Child payment due, so the whole family turns out to crookedly put up some drywall in her house.  Just don't let Bear do the painting. 

Unless, of course, Bear gets custody lol.

• LOL 3
On 9/12/2019 at 1:01 AM, brgjoe said:

So I hear they somehow acquired some land in Canada now.  Sounds like they will be moving yet again. 

Seriously?  They probably looked at those "houses" they built and realized they couldn't live in them.  Better move to Canada.  My more suspicious side makes me think they're trying to avoid some sort of problem with the US government, or maybe they found out Washington state wants them to pay property taxes.  Probably not cheap with all the acreage they have.

On 9/12/2019 at 12:26 PM, realityobserver said:

Funny article.  Maybe they should have called No-uh's kid North Star Second.

Edited by rmontro
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I suspect the state/county/neighborhood wants them gone.  I wonder if they have permission from Canada to live and work there?  Filming is work, and Canada is likely to get a bit grumpy if they just head on over the border and set up "camp".

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Fosca said:

I suspect the state/county/neighborhood wants them gone.

Maybe Billy needs the money and has to flip the land.  Besides, no one expected them to actually spend a winter in the bush, did they?  Canadian Bush People.  No doubt the official reason will be that Billy couldn't tolerate the altitude with his repiratory issues.  I wonder what will happen to their animals, storyline-wise?

• Love 3

Against my better judgement, I watched last nights "new" post-season garbage unaired footage episode.  A few things jumped out at me:

They said that the mountain they're on used to be a gold mine, and they showed an old miner's cabin.  They said something about how the Browns might be able to do some mining there.  Now it makes sense.  This must be the reason Billy bought this land, he probably figured he would be able to strike it rich.  He has a history of gold fever, and this is likely one of his hair brained schemes.

Gabe seemed especially cheerful in this "episode", speaking in a British accent and cracking jokes.  It made a big contrast to when he was so sullen and wouldn't say anything the season that Ami had lung cancer.  I guess no one bothered to tell him it was all just in the script lol.

To go off topic a bit, Raising Wild is getting hard to watch.  The one kid who cooks and has a lisp is hard to listen to.  Then there's the youngest boy with the long blonde hair that they seem to be raising as a girl.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Yeah on that unaired footage episode...that abandoned cabin they were looting didn't really look like it was abandoned. It was a heck of lot better looking than anything they've ever built. I think the Washington State Police need to see that video. 😁

• Love 2
16 hours ago, b4pjoe said:

Yeah on that unaired footage episode...that abandoned cabin they were looting didn't really look like it was abandoned. It was a heck of lot better looking than anything they've ever built.

I was a little surprised one of them didn't want to move into it.

If you have a certain amount of money and promise to start a business with it, you can get into Canada (and most other countries).  I however suspect that these yokels weren't going to let the guvmint stand in their way (e.g. living and building on national forest land without permission) and would just, you know, go for a visit and not return.  Hard to fly under the radar with a TV show, but I'm sure they'd try.

• Love 3
On 9/23/2019 at 12:42 PM, Fosca said:

If you have a certain amount of money and promise to start a business with it, you can get into Canada (and most other countries).  I however suspect that these yokels weren't going to let the guvmint stand in their way (e.g. living and building on national forest land without permission) and would just, you know, go for a visit and not return.  Hard to fly under the radar with a TV show, but I'm sure they'd try.

Well this is what I thought but many of those programs have stopped and even now to get an investor visa is a huge, long, expensive process. All that is left is the Quebec one which doesn't restrict where you live but requires a lot of paperwork and proof of money/assets. What do the Browns have? Reusable Walmart shopping bags? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
11 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Well this is what I thought but many of those programs have stopped and even now to get an investor visa is a huge, long, expensive process. All that is left is the Quebec one which doesn't restrict where you live but requires a lot of paperwork and proof of money/assets. What do the Browns have? Reusable Walmart shopping bags? 

When asked why they were jailed for stealing oil money from the Alaskan government, Billy's defense was, "We live in the wild, and we don't keep paperwork like other people do, so we couldn't prove we've been there the whole time."  Which they weren't.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

When asked why they were jailed for stealing oil money from the Alaskan government, Billy's defense was, "We live in the wild, and we don't keep paperwork like other people do, so we couldn't prove we've been there the whole time."  Which they weren't.

Wow. I didn't know it was that bad. I'm just curious how they would attain land and permission to live/work in Canada because it's been almost impossible for well meaning, financially secure friends of mine. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Billy's defense was, "We live in the wild, and we don't keep paperwork like other people do, so we couldn't prove we've been there the whole time." 

Common travel to and from Alaska would leave traces.

Flying does (airline tickets)

Driving through Canada does.  (two border crossings)

Hard to argue that you were in the lower 48, but returned to Alaska with no evidence of travel.   

• Love 1
18 hours ago, clod said:

Hard to argue that you were in the lower 48, but returned to Alaska with no evidence of travel.   

You're forgetting that Billy probably just piloted them up there in the boat  🙂

• LOL 6

Are these crooks still on TV? What a family of deceitful, lying and dishonest people this lot are. I still wonder how one of these morons who was supposedly living off the grid in Alaska some years ago is an alcoholic when they had no contact with the outside world. Obviously making his own “Moonshine” on the Browntown site! Yeah sure! Amazing anyone still watches. I thought when they got caught out by the Alaskan Government claiming the gold mining royalties and were not even living  in Alaska that would have been the end of this rubbish. 

• LOL 2

Well...guess what?  Looks like they're gonna be BAAAAAAAAACK.

Was watching Disco today and saw a promo for a "New Season" of Alaskan Bush People.  In the promo, it looked like Bam was back.  At least for an episode or two.  Looked like before he couldn't stand to be on the show any longer, but perhaps he misses the paychecks.

I think they said the new episodes would start on December 4th.   (so set those VCR's!)  😉

17 hours ago, brgjoe said:

Was watching Disco today and saw a promo for a "New Season" of Alaskan Bush People.  In the promo, it looked like Bam was back.  At least for an episode or two. 😉

Bam's been back for awhile now.  Did you see Matt on the promo at all?  I assume they're still in Colorado.  I thought someone said they were moving to Canada?

The last season was what, six episodes?  I bet this is another short one.  

• Love 1

Well, it's been awhile since I've seen the show.  I didn't know Bam was back. 

And nope, didn't see Matt in the promo.  Probably for the best -- he probably should focus in on his recovery and not worry about being on this fakeity-fake-fake show.

Didn't say where they were at.  No doubt they will be "have to get everything built fast because winter is coming soon!!"  😉

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

OH NO!  Completely forgot to watch.  Anyone see it?????????????

I have it recorded, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.  I'll probably make some comment when I see it.  Anyway, I'm sure it will be rerun, or you can see it On Demand or even on the Discovery Channel website if you want.

• Useful 1

Watched it.  The episode mostly centered on efforts to disassemble a windmill that Billy mysteriously acquired.  At one point, Billy shows up with a crane that the narrator says he "bartered for".  I said bartered for, my arse.  I'm sure Discovery rented it for them, but we're to believe Billy traded some grass clippings or bull chips for it.

Bird has 20 cats.  Bear likes heights.  Bam is snarky.  Noah is getting fatter, marriage must agree with him.  The baby is getting bigger.

There's a scene where they're taking the windmill support down and Bear says it took half his finger off when it fell.  Must have been an exaggeration because they never show it and they don't go to the hospital, Bear presses on with the work.  Whatever happened, he took it like a man.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Most of this episode had me just thinking, UGH! Extreme Bear looked like more of an idiot than ever with his ridiculous workout contraption. 20 cats and Bird's furballs was gross,so was that homemade goat Nutella they were eating from the jars. I guess fat genius Noah wasn't smart enough to plan ahead and have a concrete mixer by now. Isn't he building a castle? What a miracle that their mountain neighbor had a brand-new cherry picker for them to borrow. Who knows how many miles he drove to get it there. They were bending the shit out of that tower, they should've tipped it over before disassembling it. I'll bet it'll look remarkably new next week.                                                                                                                                                        Did anyone see Bear's girlfriend in the previews? Is that the same one he already broke up with and are just friends now?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

just watched the episode on discovery's website.

I think real bush people could get by without indoor plumbing.

ready to take down the windmill.    "hey, we need a,....... look at that!   here comes billy on a manlift."   how convenient, those bush manlifts.

was that a well standpipe in the windmill foundation?    maybe the well has already been drilled.   heard no mention of paying for drilling.   from high on a hill, how deep will they have to go to reach water?

pushing numerous wheelbarrows full of concrete?   sure.  

are they going to explain how they will provide for ten people without holding city jobs?

about 4 minutes into the show on the website, there is a graphic showing where each of them would have land.    I noticed there was no spot marked for Matt.

Edited by clod
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I had forgotten it was on Wednesday's now.

So I was flipping channels and tuned in about 20 minutes in.  These idiots have ostriches now!?  And for what purpose(s) exactly?  (maybe it's best I don't know).

Then we cut to a scene where Bird-brain  Was running up the hill (unarmed with anything but her annoying voice) yelling at the bear cubs, "Go away...stay away from here!"  Seriously!?

And I think we know what happened to Matt.  Noah ate him.   I mean, he sure hasn't missed many meals lately.

That was all I could take.  I can't even hate watch this monstrosity any longer.  Way too much bullshittery for me to take.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1