Type keyword(s) to search

Alaskan Bush People - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 10/12/2021 at 10:36 AM, Mothra said:

That blew my mind, too.  Does she just not bathe?  And does she just turn on the shower to clean that litter box?  You're supposed to have more than one box if you have more than one cat (I read somewhere one box per cat, plus one)--her whole toilet must be unusable due to the odor.  Is she hooked up to some kind of cess pit?  Won't that absorbent litter eventually clog her pipes?  And what a lazy slob to not bother with litter boxes!

Yes that scoopable cat litter she was using definitely would clog up pipes. In the past I have used it and emptied it into the woods until it rained and I noticed the whole outside smelled like a million cats had peed out there. The air was filled with cat pee smell and the stuff when wet, turns into a thick paste-like glop that does not break down. I would throw it away in the garbage after that until I switched to the best litter I had ever used. 

I started using hardwood woodstove pellets that cost only about $6 for fourty pounds. A 40lb bag would last about 5-6 months for one cat, and I never ever smelled catbox while using it. They do have pine based wood pellets for kitty litter or woodstoves out there, but the pine didn’t seem to eliminate the smell as well as plain hardwood pellets would. Plus, if bought in the kitty litter isle a bag of pine wood pellets would cost WAY MORE for a small bag, just because it was sold as kitty litter.  I would get my 40lb bag of hardwood woodstove pellets from Tractor Supply co. What a deal! 
For one cat it would cost me a little more than $1 a month.

I had one of those sifter kitty litter pans that was a 3 piece item with 2 solid bottom pans and one sifting pan. The wood pellets broke down and easily sifted out while the still good pellets didn’t. Just sift out the poops with a handheld sifter and empty the still good pellets into the 3rd clean bottom pan and top off with new pellets. Throw away whats been sifted out, wash out the solid bottom pan and you’re all set! The triple layer sifting pan I got from walmart for $16. Best set up I ever used in a lifetime of being a cat owner.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, buttersister said:

Thanks, montro, now that I've seen these atavistic dweebs in action, reading that recap and this thread is all I'll ever need.

I understand the sentiment.  I'm always amazed at how most people interested in this show seem to hate it.  I've always been one of the few that actually enjoys it, although I'm not sure I could explain why.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, rmontro said:

Was just reading realityobserver's latest recap so I thought I'd post a link.  I laughed all the way through it, because he points out so many of the questions and thoughts that come to your mind watching this show:

https://railingkill.com/alaskan-bush-people-episode-recap/alaska-bush-people-recap-s13-e5-the-storm-and-the-sea/

That was just absolutely hilarious! 🤣 The subtitles on the pictures crack me up like no tomorrow!!  What ever that means, lol, but I was ROFL.

He got one thing wrong though, I think that poor horse Prometheus, that Noah had, was gorgeous. Not an old plug, glue factory reject. I’m no horse expert, but that was one beauty. 
I see the previous month he wrote the recap, has a picture of Gabe with his wild elastic banding thing going on that I thought was so odd.

Bears dock picture : “Do I have crab on my chin?” 😂😂🤣🤣

Oh I needed that laugh!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Forgot to post my recaps here... sorry... enjoy !

S13 E1 'Out off the Ashes'

https://railingkill.com/alaskan-bush-people-episode-recap/alaskan-bush-people-episode-recap-s13-e1-out-of-the-ashes/

poster 1.jpg

S13 E3 'Little River and the Big Sea'

https://railingkill.com/alaskan-bush-people-episode-recap/alaskan-bush-people-episode-recap-s13-e3-little-river-and-the-big-sea/

poster 2.jpg

Edited by realityobserver
  • LOL 2
22 hours ago, rmontro said:

I would have guessed that Park Slope would have rented it, like they did Browntown.  But they've earned some decent money in the past few years, so I could believe Billy possibly wanting to own it for nostalgia's sake.  I just don't see them having any practical use for it, while allegedly living on top of a mountain.

I also want to say that I had a bit of a negative reaction to Bird killing the deer.  I'm not against hunting, but it just seemed trivial.  If they were living there and needed the meat to eat, that would be one thing.  But it seems like they basically shot the deer just to fulfill some storyline about Bird reliving her childhood.

I get hunting for food not to just hunt.  They were guilty of just "hunting" for the show in the past.  Everyone knows they never lived in BrownTown and never went hungry or lacked food for a meal.  Just really pisses me off with all this shit.  They wouldn't know how to live if they had to rely on themselves in the wild.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, SassyCat said:

He got one thing wrong though, I think that poor horse Prometheus, that Noah had, was gorgeous. Not an old plug, glue factory reject. I’m no horse expert, but that was one beauty.

You are right, it is a very nice horse in the episode... but just for the sake of the recap, the satire and snarkiness, I make it seem that Noah's idea of a magnificent war horse, is in reality a leftover from a pony ride at a county fair. So naturally I Googled every slang word for a horse that had seen better days, and came up with those... haha

16 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Bears dock picture : “Do I have crab on my chin?” 😂😂🤣🤣

Oh I needed that laugh!

Every now and then I write something, or think of something, that actually makes me laugh out loud, this is one of those. That, and the meme of the dead deer yelling at Bird that she shot him and to call 911... priceless... and Noah feeding Gabe the sugar cube laced with LSD, honestly, the first thing I thought of when I saw that, Window Pane acid...

Thanks for the nice comments, glad you enjoy the recaps...

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, realityobserver said:

Thanks for the nice comments, glad you enjoy the recaps...

Oh you are Welcome! The recaps really cracked me up and I’d have mentioned all the pics with memes,,, but I didn’t lol. They were all equally hysterical 🤣🤣😂😂

Thank YOU for writing the recaps that made my day!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, realityobserver said:

Noah feeding Gabe the sugar cube laced with LSD, honestly, the first thing I thought of when I saw that, Window Pane acid...

Says something about you, I bet!  Welcome back, I figured you had left for good.  I tried to send you some views while you were gone lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Aww, Sad to hear the beautiful Tervuren Belgian Shepherd, Cupcake, wont be seen anymore. Those Browns have an eye for pedigree animals thats for sure. A few of Birds cats are regular cats but she always has siamese and beautiful persians. That horse Noah was playing with last week looked like a Friesian, a pretty rare and gorgeous breed. 
That lost dog that just happened to crate itself inside Rains little hut was a mutt and most likely not up to par as a keeper for the Browns, who want pedigreed animals. That was a real believable event, huh? The dog going into the crate and staying there, while Bear claims he just walked in and shut the crate door on him. Why would Rain have a large dog crate in her tiny dogless hut to begin with? Such a lame story line. 
I have heard Rain has herself a little dog of her own now, but its never been shown on the show.

• Love 4

I didnt think it was possible to find funny things from this epically boring episode, but you did Reality Observer! Wow ! It certainly is a gift you have to be able to make humorous recaps when given nothing to work with! Theres nothing I love more than sarcastic humor Lol!! Thank you!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/14/2021 at 3:48 PM, rmontro said:

Says something about you, I bet!  Welcome back, I figured you had left for good.  I tried to send you some views while you were gone lol.

Thanks rmontro, I've always enjoyed your insights also. That scene with the sugarcube just automatically clicked with every hippie trippin hallucinogenic movie I've ever seen, or maybe something a little more personal, let's leave it at that... lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SassyCat said:

It certainly is a gift you have to be able to make humorous recaps when given nothing to work with! Theres nothing I love more than sarcastic humor

Thanks SassyCat... I was raised on Monty Python, M*A*S*H, Mystery Science Theater 3000 so I had a good education in the art of snark, satire and sarcastic humor. Anyway, I find it easy to rip this show apart, glad you enjoy it !

• Love 4

I noticed in this episode when Bird held her head back and up, I could see that her front tooth had come in completely sideways. Shes going to need some strong braces to pull that baby into proper alignment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

I noticed in this episode when Bird held her head back and up, I could see that her front tooth had come in completely sideways. Shes going to need some strong braces to pull that baby into proper alignment.

Is that what the issue is?  I'm no oral surgeon, but I wonder if it might be easier to just remove it and replace it with an implant.  If she's just avoiding a procedure or two she's plain not thinking straight, but if she's stuck with some heavy duty braces for several years I could at least understand some of her hesitancy.

What is going on with Gabe's new look?  He's wearing mascara now.  Seriously, wtf is he trying to go for?  Maybe when this Bush People stuff is over, he's planning on being the new James Bond. 

RIP Mr. Cupcake!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

What is going on with Gabe's new look?  He's wearing mascara now.  Seriously, wtf is he trying to go for?  Maybe when this Bush People stuff is over, he's planning on being the new James Bond. 

Is that what it is? I noticed he looked different in the eyes, and that he looked a bit “prettier” lol. He looked pretty awful. And shiny.
Yes, going for an implant might be the best bet for Bird and that tooth. I was wondering if there was any kind of oral surgery that could be done to move that tooth into its correct position without having to go the braces for years route.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

I was wondering if there was any kind of oral surgery that could be done to move that tooth into its correct position without having to go the braces for years route.

I'm guessing maybe years ago she got to see a dentist, who gave her a grim prognosis and didn't offer her much in the way of technological dental advancements, when faced with someone wanting to pay their bill with salmon.  Or perhaps she saw a "bush dentist" and that put her off of them for good.

17 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

Or the new Rue Paul? I see another reality show in the making.

By the way our culture is going, I don't imagine there will be much difference between the two characters (Rue Paul and James Bond).  Looks like Gabe might also have a perm going.  Maybe he's joined an Alice Cooper tribute band.

• Love 5
On 10/19/2021 at 4:50 PM, rmontro said:

What is going on with Gabe's new look?  He's wearing mascara now.  Seriously, wtf is he trying to go for?

Thank you!  I thought I'd lost my fucking mind.  And it doesn't look like the charcoal/kohl look the girls were trying out, either.  That was Maybelline.  Of all the Brown boys, Gabe seemed to me the least likely to wear makeup.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

Of all the Brown boys, Gabe seemed to me the least likely to wear makeup.

You're right, I would have thought Noah or Bam before Gabe.  I doubt if Bear could stand still long enough to apply it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Another thing:  A while back, I remember one of the boys saying that he'd been told he had a weird accent, which he sort of shrugged off, saying he didn't understand it, either, since they'd grown up in isolation.

Well, first of all, I'm not so sure they did grow up in isolation, but assuming they did, how come each of the boys (I don't notice it in the girls) has a *different* strange accent?  How did pompous Noah achieve that pomposity, and where is he picking up the fashionable (among young women, anyway) "uh" at the end of words?  Did the ADD one learn his lockjaw speech from Katherine Hepburn movies?

Edited by Mothra
semi-colon leakage
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Another thing:  A while back, I remember one of the boys saying that he'd been told he had a weird accent, which he sort of shrugged off, saying he didn't understand it, either, since they'd grown up in isolation.

Do they have accents or speech impediments?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3

I'm relatively new to this forum, so please forgive me if this has been discussed to death:  money.

What gives with bartering for health care (I saw somebody's ?toothache? being paid for with salmon when I was idling by this show, yet they always have lots of heavy machinery--*new* heavy machinery--at their disposal?  Sometimes they have to trade crap (old cedar boards for a boat), yet everybody who needs one has a shiny new chainsaw?

Here is my theory:  Billy's family had money, and either he inherited that, or there was life insurance, or a suit against the plane manufacturer.  Anyway, Billy had lots of money, which he used when it would be too tedious for viewers to watch his sons haul scrap  long enough to buy a Husqvarna--can you imagine how much scrap metal those boys would have to come up with to buy even a used chainsaw?  And forget about a front-end loader.

Gabe's rubber-band expenses alone could send a family to the poor house.  Which makes the mystery of Bird's teeth that much harder to fathom.  For me it comes down to she just doesn't want her teeth fixed.  I also have intimations of lesbianism from Bird; could it be that she wants to be unattractive (in her mind) to men?  But not to women?  Huh?  Or maybe she's asexual?  Of course, there's the fact that she's nutty as a fruitcake, too. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Mothra said:

What gives with bartering for health care (I saw somebody's ?toothache? being paid for with salmon when I was idling by this show, yet they always have lots of heavy machinery--*new* heavy machinery--at their disposal?  Sometimes they have to trade crap (old cedar boards for a boat), yet everybody who needs one has a shiny new chainsaw?

By way of explanation, there are two things going on here:  First, there is a lot of fakery going on in this show.  And I'll just leave it at that.

Secondly, sounds like you are watching shows from different seasons.  Plus they have a lot of clip shows that mix up videos from different times.  Early on in the show, they were probably legitimately broke, and did things like trade salmon for health care.  You rarely saw cash trade hands, everything was a barter.  It was a stretch, even then, but that was the narrative.

In more recent seasons, it's become obvious that Billy especially has accumulated a good deal of wealth from the show (I think he gets a producer's credit or something, plus the show is based on his book).  Everyone knows they have cash now, so it's silly to try to hide it.  So they admit Billy has bought the mountain land (they actually own it), and you see a lot more heavy machinery (whether its rented or owned).  "Browntown" in Alaska was rented by the production company, although I don't think they ever admitted that on the air.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Well the highlight of the show was seeing Eli saying NO to any and everything Bird was offering or suggesting. How adorable!

That Raiven sure is kind in giving Bear another chance to be in his sons life. Bird sure was alot nicer to her than she was to Noahs wife. Probably because she is so afraid of scaring her away from Bears only chance at happiness. Raiven was mighty Brave letting him take the sweet adorable big blue eyed angel for a sled ride. With all his insistence on being EXSHTREEM in every little thing he does, I would be afraid he would hurt the baby by going overboard and flipping that sled. He had to go and be a big ass with his stupid howl that nearly popped those big baby blue eyes out of Rivers little head upon hearing and seeing the idiot try and force the baby to accept his loud obnoxiousness. He pushed it too far by trying to make the howl last as long as he possibly could and scared the bejesus out of that little darlin. Great way to bond with the little fella when you get your big chance to prove you’ll be a good, adult-like dad. 

Grow the fuck up asshole.

No one in his family did him the favor of telling him being the constant court jester and family pet idiot, might not get him too far in life in the social circuit. Just letting him be the attention seeker he constantly was with his stupid EXSHTREEMNESS in absolutely everything he says  and does, and encouraging it by laughing and saying well, thats Bear, has ruined any hope that boy has at finding normal happiness with normal people in normal life. Well, Billy and Ami didn’t want that for their kids anyway. Make them all idiot outcasts and the slaves will always come running back to the chain gang where they are accepted, and put to hard labor.

I wouldn’t let him anywhere near any kid of mine. I’m sure Raiven wont be sticking around too long, and who could blame her? She has to protect that little one.

Edited by SassyCat
Spelling
  • Love 4
On 10/22/2021 at 2:09 PM, rmontro said:

In more recent seasons, it's become obvious that Billy especially has accumulated a good deal of wealth from the show (I think he gets a producer's credit or something, plus the show is based on his book).  Everyone knows they have cash now, so it's silly to try to hide it. 

I have read elsewhere online that the Brown family is worth a combined 60 million. With Billy making $500k per episode and the rest of them making between $40 and 60k each per episode. 
No wonder Raiven is giving Bear another shot. I don’t think any amount of money will be able to make her stay and expose her precious baby to the constant shenanigans Bear brings to the table along with his bank account. Unless of course, shes planning on marrying him and putting up with him and going for spousal support along with child support he will have to pay when she leaves. Personally, I couldn’t “bear” one day of it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Well, hilarity ensues whenever Reality Observer puts up the show recap for the week! So damn funny!! I was glad they didn’t show any Billy dying footage during the main meat of the show because I was afraid that your recap might be toned down in an effort to not appear to be insensitive to the sad event. I know that sounds awful of me, but Thank you show! Heeheehee

Good catch on the sighting of the air conditioner in Rains little tiny house! I didn’t see that and I’m sure most of us missed it.

Last week I suspected Noah-uhh of faking his arm injury as he stood around uselessly while the others put up all those tents. Now that its time to whip that “ranch” back up into a working farm, its the perfect time for an arm injury to come in handy. 

I noticed he had no problem doing what he wanted when he whipped up that gadget he then used his arms to attach to his little tractor, that he says works like a heater. His two arms were ok during that. It looks like the youngest son Noah, is taking after his father more so than the rest of them. He’s figuring out ways to not pitch in with the heavy labor and just sit back in his slug like, overweight overseer role. Gonna need one of those soon, to take Billys place. Ugg-uhh

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 10/25/2021 at 3:11 PM, SassyCat said:

No wonder Raiven is giving Bear another shot. I don’t think any amount of money will be able to make her stay and expose her precious baby to the constant shenanigans Bear brings to the table along with his bank account. 

The Bush people could have a future doing their reality show with a Beverly Hillbillies-type vibe.  Raiven might be able to get some hefty child support out of Bear if she decides to stay separate from him, depending on what the laws are wherever they are.  How much good is the money doing if you're living in a wasp infested shipping container?  But those shopping trips down the mountain would be fun.

In this episode we saw Bird again being slow to accept an outsider into the family, and being overprotective off a brother.  It's not one of Bird's best sides, IMO.  She might be right in her suspicions that Raiven and Bear aren't going to be happy together, but they already have a kid together and it's not her decision.

We see the beginning of the end of Billy here, the producers have really stretched this out.  With him gone, I suppose Ami gets his producer credit?  Or maybe the whole family?

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, rmontro said:

We see the beginning of the end of Billy here, the producers have really stretched this out.  With him gone, I suppose Ami gets his producer credit?  Or maybe the whole family?

Yeah, maybe we will even see Ami grow a partial personality now that Billy isn’t around constantly hanging all over her, holding her hand, keeping her prisoner in a trailer. I doubt it though.

• Love 3

It looks to me like the family was not surprised at Billys death,,, that they have been prepared for this for a long time. I did not see one of them with red puffy swollen squinted shut eyes, which comes from weeping uncontrollably. I know all about that and it takes eyes a loooong time, sometimes months or a year, for your eyes to recover from that type of crying. Sometimes they never completely recover. It makes you look a million years old.  They were ready and not taken by surprise by his demise, judging from their eyes. 

I have never heard of a funeral following immediately the day after someone dies. I have NEVER heard of someone being allowed into a crematorium to watch as the deceased is put into the burner as Ami said she was going to do. I highly doubt that is allowed. Maybe they do up there in that town. I don’t know.

No sign of Matt showing up for his fathers funeral. 

Gabe is definitely wearing Mabeline mascara in his talking head sessions. Maybe Cover Girl.  

I cant get over how much Billy and Ami look exactly like Bear and Bird in one of those pictures from their youth. 

The stupid howling has got to stop being done around the little ones. In that preview for next week, the look on little Eli’s face says it all. He looked SO uncomfortable and like he wanted to just get away from the insanity. 

Alot of cliches were used in how they were decribing the feeling of the loss of their father. Especially when Bear was up in that tree. I wonder how they got that parallel shot of him way up there. Cherry picker or drone maybe? Well he saw his father In the sky, felt him in the wind, smelled him in the dirt etc. etc. 

I think they are all going to be doing just fine without Billy there anymore. Thats the impression I got. 

Anyway, I am sure they are all very sad their dad died, losing a parent is very sad, but logically , has to be expected. Everybody dies. Especially the older ones. More so when they have been sick for a long time, as Billy was. He probably had COPD. I don’t know what would cause him to have seizures though. 
Goodbye Billy Brown. Gods Speed. Your kids all loved you and Ami sure relied on your companionship too. Its a good thing you left them all financially stable before you left. I have to hand it to him on that account.

• Love 4

Well, that was a tearjerker episode.  I thought Ami took it especially well, and I was impressed that Bam gave a good eulogy after isolating himself so well.  Also impressed that Gabe stayed on camera, he pretty much disappeared when Ami was having her cancer scare.

I do imagine that Billy was a bigger part of their lives than most dads, and he was a big part of their world, that's all they knew.

One thing I thought was odd.  Until the preview last week, and this episode, I've never noticed that they all called him "Da" before.  I thought they called him Dad, albeit in their funny way.  I watch with the closed captions, and it translated it as "Da", even though I swear I've never seen it do that before.  It's almost like a Mandala Effect type thing.

• Love 4
On 11/1/2021 at 6:43 PM, rmontro said:

One thing I thought was odd.  Until the preview last week, and this episode, I've never noticed that they all called him "Da" before.  I thought they called him Dad, albeit in their funny way.  I watch with the closed captions, and it translated it as "Da", even though I swear I've never seen it do that before.  It's almost like a Mandala Effect type thing.

It's been "Da" ever since they moved to the mountain. It may have started during the California cancer treatment season, I'm not sure. Regardless, it's been several seasons since it suddenly appeared.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Passing Strange said:

It's been "Da" ever since they moved to the mountain. It may have started during the California cancer treatment season, I'm not sure. Regardless, it's been several seasons since it suddenly appeared.

I don't recall it ever being that way on the closed captions before.  I'm sure I would have noticed it, because it seemed so odd, it really jumped out at me.  They may well have been saying "Da" all this time, but with the weird way they talk I didn't really notice it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, rmontro said:

I don't recall it ever being that way on the closed captions before.  I'm sure I would have noticed it, because it seemed so odd, it really jumped out at me.  They may well have been saying "Da" all this time, but with the weird way they talk I didn't really notice it.

I noticed it on the CC a few times a few seasons back and wondered why they all of the sudden started calling Billy 'Da'... I just chalked it up to the way they did other things, saying 'More' instead of hello or goodbye, the group howls, the secret sign language that lasted a few episodes, the obsolete inventions that really weren't necessary... Anything to prove to the world at large that they were different and unique and 'watch us as we live a better life off the grid in the bush' instead of like the other 370 million people in America. Just a bunch of loons...

Discovery Channel Howl GIF by Discovery

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, realityobserver said:

I noticed it on the CC a few times a few seasons back and wondered why they all of the sudden started calling Billy 'Da'...

Maybe I did overlook it after all.  Maybe I saw it and dismissed it as a typo.  Lots of those on closed captioning.  When they were trying to revive him, they said it so many times I couldn't miss it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think the biggest surprise of this episode was Bam's joining in on the howling when they raised the North Star flag.  Bam usually seems to find it to silly, but he did it this time in honor of "Da" (look, now they've got me doing it).

I can't imagine how they are going to get this gold mining equipment set up in the right place, or what they're going to do with it if they get it there.  Guess they're looking to compete with the gold mining shows.  Maybe in a few seasons they'll be fishing for crabs in Alaska on a refurbished Integrity.

It was pretty amazing to see Ami get out there and help with the work.  Billy usually gave the orders and let the kids do it.  Maybe she's not used to giving orders yet.  Up until now it seems she'd always been in the trailer or wherever they really lived letting Billy stare at her.

• Love 3

I think "da" is an Irish thing.

I wasn't paying attention--did they have to pay anything for that enormous gold-mining setup?  If they had found any significant evidence of gold through panning or hand-digging, I could see investing in (modern) machinery, but to start out their search for gold with all that (old and who knows if it works and how to work it) stuff is as usual for the Browns insane.

They can use it for contact points for the zip line.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Mothra said:

I wasn't paying attention--did they have to pay anything for that enormous gold-mining setup? 

Last episode they talked to a guy who agreed to rent it to them, though they didn't say how much.  That's why I thought it was funny when they proceeded to tear it up with their moving efforts.  I don't think it was a "you break it, you buy it" type of situation.  Would you trust this group with equipment that you valued?  I'm sure they're highly insured.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, realityobserver said:

Alaskan Bush People episode recap S13 E9 'Million Dollar Mountain'

Reminded me that I thought it was odd that Rhain was digging in the snow with no gloves.  You'd think the bush people would be more likely to do that.  

"So you guys are miners?" "No sir, we're over the age of 18!" Lol.

I also got some creepy vibes from Rain riding in the truck with Bobby.  Not because I thought it was actually inappropriate, I just think society programs us to think this way.  Part of the attack on males.

I've seen women become invigorated before after losing their husbands.  It's not that they don't miss their husbands, but they sometimes feel a new sense of freedom and excitement as they face a new path.  Ami seems to fit this mold, this is probably the most energy I've seen out of her during the whole series.

How long has Oak Island been on the air holding out the promise of potential gold and treasure?  Maybe we'll see the same from this show.

• Love 4

"So you guys are miners?" "No sir, we're over the age of 18!" Lol.

I decided to put every stupid joke in this recap because there wasn't a lot to cover. I liked the ones about the fake tools, I heard every one of them at least once at work and from friends in the military. 

I also got some creepy vibes from Rain riding in the truck with Bobby.  Not because I thought it was actually inappropriate, I just think society programs us to think this way.  Part of the attack on males

You may be on to something here, for some reason it just felt creepy to me. Maybe because I have girls of my own and wouldn't want them in this situation.

just...creepy....

• Love 2

As usual, Reality Observers recap is WAY more entertaining than the actual show. 🤣 So funny !! Bears lice filled haircutting ! Ack!! 😂🤮 Also noticeable was Gabes lack of mascara on his lower lashes in this episode. 
I too was uncomfortable with Rain in the truck and hanging out with all too eager, Bobby. 
I watch ALL the gold mining shows, even Aussie Gold Hunters (and opal miners) and know that those silly kids have no clue what they are doing. 

That heap of rust they are hauling to their mountain is a real crap shoot if they are expecting to run stone thru it. They know nothing about that machine and where to get replacement parts I am sure they are going to need after seeing them mashing those springs while trying to load it onto that truck. Plus they need a mechanic who will have to know how to fix that particular heap of garbage and even know what part is the broken one needing fixing! They are in way too deep over their heads. It’ll just end up being another piece of abandoned crap on their property. Just like all their dump site properties have ended up looking like in the past.

Ami sure has come out with a renewed energy for life and living! Billy must have been a really deep sucking pit of endless emotional need, to see such a difference in her happen so quickly. Seemingly overnight! She seems happier, smiling and more talkative than shes ever been in all the years of this show. Good for her! I hope to see a visable reversal of aging happen in her now that her life force energy isn’t being sucked out in a constant hand hold by a parasitic Billy. Bear cutting off his lice ponytail may also be a symbolic sign of shedding the energy vampirism Billy had over him in his encouragement to have a fool rolling about in front of him at all times. Lets hope so for Bears sake, and that son of his who needs a real father. 

I think they are using their cutest family member (Rain) and the gold mining topic in the forefront in order to keep or entice viewers. The gold mining shows out there are very popular.

• Love 2
On 11/5/2021 at 10:21 PM, realityobserver said:

noticed it on the CC a few times a few seasons back and wondered why they all of the sudden started calling Billy 'Da'... I just chalked it up to the way they did other things, saying 'More' instead of hello or goodbye, the group howls, the secret sign language that lasted a few episodes, the obsolete inventions that really weren't necessary... Anything to prove to the world at large that they were different and unique and 'watch us as we live a better life off the grid in the bush' instead of like the other 370 million people in America. Just a bunch of loons...

This is absolutely what I also thought about their using Da in reference to their father. I do not remember it in earlier seasons, but only in their recent couple of seasons.  Just another wierdo way to prove they are “different” from the rest of the worlds people. It’s so dumb sounding.

• Love 1
On 11/7/2021 at 9:52 PM, rmontro said:

can't imagine how they are going to get this gold mining equipment set up in the right place, or what they're going to do with it if they get it there. 

Maybe Freddy Dodge will show up and set up a successful operation. Then the Browns can join the cast of 'Gold Rush" too. The more likely scenario is that the mountain becomes a huge garbage dump. I often wonder who had to clean up the old Browntown. I doubt that it was the family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, realityobserver said:

I decided to put every stupid joke in this recap because there wasn't a lot to cover. I

I'm sure I've heard that joke before, but it still made me laugh. 

I also forgot to mention I could totally see Bear riding on the hood of Bobby's truck extreme style.  Maybe even giving him the stink eye the whole way.

11 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Ami sure has come out with a renewed energy for life and living! Billy must have been a really deep sucking pit of endless emotional need, to see such a difference in her happen so quickly. Seemingly overnight! She seems happier, smiling and more talkative than shes ever been in all the years of this show.

Maybe with Billy gone, she realized that she now has full control over the tribe.  Maybe she's going power mad.

8 hours ago, Eataton said:

The more likely scenario is that the mountain becomes a huge garbage dump. I often wonder who had to clean up the old Browntown. I doubt that it was the family.

They visited Browntown earlier in the season.  From the looks of it, I'm not sure anyone ever did clean it up.  They still had the rotten cedar boards laying around (allegedly).

Edited by rmontro
  • Love 2