Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Jorge couldn't even keep a straight face when he said that he never told anfisa he as a millionaire. Liar liar. 

I hated Loren's delivery, but she was spot on about Mo. 

Don't ask Chantal about anything, girl is dumb as a box of rocks. 

LOVED watching Loren back Mo into a corner. Oh, these women who speak their minds to him. What's he to do?

"SILENCE, WOMAN! Go to your corner."

Not gonna work here, Mo! You're gonna have to reason with her. You're gonna have to give her logical answers. Are you up to it?

Guessing by his deer in the headlights look, I would say no.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, 7isBlue said:

This show really needs the editors from Real Housewives: They would have a field day with her! She is so full of herself. The constant flipping of that cheap weave (and the eye-rolls, and lip pursing) was beyond annoying. 

Haha, cheap weave is right!! Her hair looks like shit lately. Ever since she started messing with it, it looks worse every time i see her.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Lying and telling your husband that your friend set up the strippers you asked for after you agreed not to have any, thus causing a rift between your husband and your best friend...

To me, that's much worse than marrying for money. That's a serious character flaw.

Lying was wrong, but I personally think this was manufactured drama.

2 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

The concept of sin was written in  the Torah, the Jewish bible, before Christianity ever existed. Look it up before replying. 

I didn't say it wasn't in the Torah, just that the way you phrased it was from the NT.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

This is not true in Russia.  Russian peasants for example, always had the right to choose their spouses.

But it is true in the United States. It was also true throughout much of Europe. Love was not the first consideration, if even a consideration at all. Family money, empire strengthening, ability to birth a male heir who would survive childhood... all valid marriage reasons throughout history.

• Love 3

You can spin Loren and Paola's behavior however you want but they acted like mean girls and fed off of each other. It may not have been the kind of bullying you are thinking about but it was a mean girl form of bullying.

Just because they think Anfisa is not beautiful or real looking means nothing. Who are they to judge?? ?

Russ isn't going to say a word because he has no balls when it comes to his amor but Alexei looked clearly over Loren's BS 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Real Eyes said:

I didn't view it as bullying.  They asked questions, and said things that a lot of viewers are thinking.  Rude?  Yes.  But they weren't wrong.

Anfisa married Jorge for money.  That is the definition of a golddigger.  She couldn't do the same in Moscow because in Moscow, she is far below average, looks wise.  

Loren called Anfisa a "Bitch" to her face. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

And what kind of person would manufacture drama using her real name and her real marriage? An attention seeking drama queen? 

If we've learned anything about reality tv, it's that it is bad for a marriage and for all but Nene Leakes, bad for launching acting careers.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Cini said:

I thought Anfisa handled herself well with regards to the bullying by Pao and Loren. Pao especially is starting to show how ugly her character really is.

Somebody needs to tell Pao that the extensions and bleaching will completely ruin what little natural hair she has left. Her dark wigs looked so much better than the ratty grey-ish orange extensions

Agreed! Im not an Anfisa fan, but after seeing the other two girls behave like mean girls towards her, i thought she held her composure very well.  She didnt engage and kept her mouth shut.  I actually wouldnt have minded if she snapped back at them but no point in stooping to their level and engaging them.

And yes, her hair is atrocious!! And im glad im not the only one that noticed the grey hair phase. She had some serious over toning going on there. It looks like shit.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, SoshulMeedya said:

Pao's instagram "apology" was as authentic as her hair.

Starting out I thought she was going to maybe be apologetic, but then she quickly spun the "apology" around to make it about her and Loren.

Also hashtagging and tagging Loren?? Come on.

Edited by Deafening Roar
Autocorrect
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

I didn't say it wasn't in the Torah, just that the way you phrased it was from the NT.

I didn't make the comment about glass houses. I just said that Jesus didn't say it. You brought up Loren's religion and said that because she was Jewish she wouldn't be concerned with sin or the teachings of Jesus. True, she is unconcerned with the teachings of Jesus but none of what he said was brought up here. The phrase, "People who live in glass houses should not throw stones" was mentioned. That's not the same as John 8:7 even if the poster mentioned sinners. And her religion had nothing to do with any of it.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Deafening Roar said:

You can spin Loren and Paola's behavior however you want but they acted like mean girls and fed off of each other. It may not have been the kind of bullying you are thinking about but it was a mean girl form of bullying.

Just because they think Anfisa is not beautiful or real looking means nothing. Who are they to judge?? ?

Russ isn't going to say a word because he has no balls when it comes to his amor but Alexei looked clearly over Loren's BS 

When it comes to talking about being/looking natural, Pao has absolutely NO room to speak!

Im waiting for a piece of her weave to come undone one of these times shes excessively flipping her hair around.

• Love 15
50 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

Loren is Jewish, so the words of Christ on sin probably don't mean much to her.

I have no issue with how they presented their thoughts.  Yes, it could have been done calmly, but overall, it wasn't a big deal.  

I also agree 100% with poeticlicensed.

LOL.  It's in completely different leagues.  Loren's husband forgave her.  

Anfisa was such a stellar human being that as soon as the cash ran out, she did too.

Meh, I don't think calling out poor representatives of humanity (Anfisa and Mohammed) for their crappy behaviour is so terrible.

I wouldn't be afraid in the least of Jorge.  He's coming from a position of pain and humiliation.  As I posted, I don't have sympathy for him, he saw what she was, but I doubt he is a danger.

I don't think Jesus ever talked about glass houses although glass was around back then. :) 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

LOL.  It's in completely different leagues.  Loren's husband forgave her.  

Forgiveness or not, it was in bad character. No matter how far the goalpost keeps moving.

Anfisa has been telling the truth. Loren has been telling lies to cover her ass.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, S86226 said:

When it comes to talking about being/looking natural, Pao has absolutely NO room to speak!

Im waiting for a piece of her weave to come undone one of these times shes excessively flipping her hair around.

Exactly. Pao has had work done. It's very obvious she partakes in the Botox and fillers. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Sprockets said:

I totally agree.  Mo was a class act on the show, at least compared to some of the rest of them.  He may appear to be snotty, but he's just reserved.  I was set against him at the start, but I think very highly of him now.  He apparently holds down a real job, and his English has improved dramatically, unlike some of the others ("the family Chantal," oh please).  Danielle completely misrepresented herself to him and no doubt he was shocked by what he found out on many levels.  Also, she is crazy.  

I would also like to know where this money Danielle is talking about came from.  She has none. I've never been clear how she proved she could support Mo, as she had to do on the visa application.  I suspect there was a cosigner, because nothing else makes sense.  

Mo doesn't hold down a real job. He got fired from Uber, Lyft and even GrubHub and makes his money the old fashioned way: scamming more stupid women! 

• Love 7

I was the one who said "sinners and glass houses and all that". Jeeze Louise, pardon me for not making it crystal clear, I thought "and all that" was obvious I was kind of mashing up two different things, a common saying and a bible verse.  

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, realitymaven said:

Mo doesn't hold down a real job. He got fired from Uber, Lyft and even GrubHub and makes his money the old fashioned way: scamming more stupid women! 

He and his ex have that in common. I wonder if that's what they bonded over in Tunisia.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, NinaH said:

I was the one who said "sinners and glass houses and all that". Jeeze Louise, pardon me for not making it crystal clear, I thought "and all that" was obvious I was kind of mashing up two different things, a common saying and a bible verse.  

No offense taken here. 

3 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Regarding Danielle's medical problem, if I remember correctly, Mo didn't say anything about it until she outed herself on the tell all.

Nope, he was blasting it all over his (public) FB page with cutsie shout outs to his female fans. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, NinaH said:

I got it, I think one of the posters was just being deliberately argumentative and antagonistic for some reason. 

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

I've said this before, but romantic love as the basis for a marriage is relatively new. Marriages as business transactions was the norm. Marriage as providing stability is still normal. Marriage as a commitment/contract is a norm.

Love, it's great, but not required to get a marriage license. I won't even pretend to know all of the requirements of the K1 process because that's not my domain, but we do know from the show that to get the visa, your money has to be right. Not necessarily you mutual love.

thank you.  I don't understand WHY love is the standard here.   For example, my great grandmother died after the birth of her 7th child.  This was in 1920s.  From newspaper accounts, she was well loved throughout the community.  So great grandfather is a coal miner in the 1920s, widower, with 6 kids and a new baby.  Ancestry records has shown me that one year later he was married again, however, no further children.  It is obvious that it was a practical arrangement....and if that worked for both of them, then fine!  So I don't understand why Anfisa is cast as a villain because she knew what she wanted beforehand and those were her terms.  She wanted a man who could provide a cushy life and nice things.  Hey, I met my husband when he was starting college for engineering.  I am DEFINITELY happy that he had that path set out and wasn't some stoner drifter.  His career choice was a factor in me being interested in him.  (P.S.  I knew far too many handsome worthless types too, but when it came time to get serious that wasn't who I was going to marry).   

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Exactly. Pao has had work done. It's very obvious she partakes in the Botox and fillers. 

She definitely has! And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, however, there is something VERY wrong with knocking someone else for it as Pao did to Anfisa. She made me sick....

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Sprockets said:

If they were married, it was just as much his money as hers.  All of that is dealt with in a divorce settlement, anyway. So it's done and dusted.  

"  Mohammed does not strike me as someone who actually wants to do an honest day's work. "

Why?  It's been mentioned several times on the show tht he has been working construction.   

Bwahahaha, Mo work construction? He had a two week job in Sandusky placing plastic boxes inside other boxes and quit once the TLC cameras stopped rolling. He worked for Uber, Lyft and GrubHub in Florida but got fired from them all. Yes, fired from GrubHub which I guess is an accomplishment of sorts. The one career path where he excels is getting money from his female fans. Which I guess is proof of the old PT Barnum line about the birth rate of suckers...

1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

A lot of bullying actually uses 'fact' as its basis

Nowhere has this been more evident than in the story of Danielle and her alleged bad "smell". It has no basis in fact (the original rumor was started by one of Mo's rabid female fans and then picked up by Mo). I've seen post after post citing this "fact" as a rationale for Mo's treatment of Danielle. Not only is it one of the nastiest things one could say about anyone else, how would one go about disproving it? It just amazes me how people fail to see the obvious: Mo is a textbook GC scammer who thought his GC would arrive the day of his marriage and then was very displeased when it didn't. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Bunnygirl said:

I got it, I think one of the posters was just being deliberately argumentative and antagonistic for some reason. 

That would be me. I wasn't trying to be either of those things. I just got this image in my head about Jesus talking about glass houses and it cracked me up.

Because of the houses they lived in at the time.  Like Jesus is saying that and the crowd is looking around at each other baffled, like, "But our houses are made of stone!?"

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, CoachWristletJen said:

That would be me. I wasn't trying to be either of those things. I just got this image in my head about Jesus talking about glass houses and it cracked me up.

Because of the houses they lived in at the time. 

No it wasn't you that I am referring to. 

59 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

The concept of sin was written in  the Torah, the Jewish bible, before Christianity ever existed. Look it up before replying. 

Yes, however,  your post was about not judging others.  The concept as described was not from the Torah, which states to judge neighbours fairly.  

57 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

But it is true in the United States. It was also true throughout much of Europe. Love was not the first consideration, if even a consideration at all. Family money, empire strengthening, ability to birth a male heir who would survive childhood... all valid marriage reasons throughout history.

But it's not a 21st century concept, at least, not in the Western world.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sprockets said:

There would have been a period of time during which he was not permitted to work.  Does anyone know what that was?  

Mo obtained his work authorization in December 2014. He then took off for NY for a "job interview" with one of his first mistresses who then bankrolled him for the next year and a half to the tune of 40K. She has sworn and filed an Affidavit with USCIS about their relationship and how he scammed her too. During their ill fated romance, she said she tried to get Mo a job based on the CV he gave her. This too turned out to be fake. He doesn't have any academic qualifications whatsoever, much less an "IT degree" from a fictional university in Tunisia. He admitted on the show that he contributed nothing to Danielle during their time together: she housed, fed and clothed him and he didn't work (save for two weeks). 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, realitymaven said:

Mo obtained his work authorization in December 2014. He then took off for NY for a "job interview" with one of his first mistresses who then bankrolled him for the next year and a half to the tune of 40K. She has sworn and filed an Affidavit with USCIS about their relationship and how he scammed her too. During their ill fated romance, she said she tried to get Mo a job based on the CV he gave her. This too turned out to be fake. He doesn't have any academic qualifications whatsoever, much less an "IT degree" from a fictional university in Tunisia. He admitted on the show that he contributed nothing to Danielle during their time together: she housed, fed and clothed him and he didn't work (save for two weeks). 

Dang! What a bum! 

What was he doing over in Qatar? Didn't he have some kind of warehouse job?

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Under different circumstances she'd be in college in New England not giving a thought to botox or marrying for money.

She could have gone to college or university in Russia.  The cost is relatively low for Russians.

• Love 3

Yes, he left for Qatar from Tunisia in 2010 (had been living with his parents) to visit his older brother who had a job with DHL. Once in Qatar, he asked his brother to get him a job with DHL too. It seems to have been a low level warehouse job that Mo inflated to "Logistics Warehouse Manager", lol. His younger brother was made of sterner stuff and got a student visa to Canada. That wasn't available to Mo (high school dropout) but a plan was hatched for him to get to Canada. Luckily for Canada, we have no fiancé visa so Mo went on numerous other sites and found Danielle. Perfect mark! 

Before his fiancé visa could arrive, Mo got fired or laid off from his job in Qatar and had to go back to Tunisia (they're pretty strict in the Gulf!). So his lament about "leaving everything behind" is more BS. But he's a good BSer, lol

Edited by realitymaven
  • Love 11

But it's not a 21st century concept, at least, not in the Western world.

Marrying for money and/or stability is still very much a 21st century concept. And if you scratch the surface, what many people call "love" has lots of socioeconomic and cultural limits in place. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It is what it is. But it's far from "We married for pure and true love only."

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

I didn't make the comment about glass houses. I just said that Jesus didn't say it. You brought up Loren's religion and said that because she was Jewish she wouldn't be concerned with sin or the teachings of Jesus. True, she is unconcerned with the teachings of Jesus but none of what he said was brought up here. The phrase, "People who live in glass houses should not throw stones" was mentioned. That's not the same as John 8:7 even if the poster mentioned sinners. And her religion had nothing to do with any of it.

But you were mixing metaphors.

Glass houses comes from Chaucer, and it does not mean people shouldn't judge others because of hypocrisy, but rather, because they are vulnerable.

You were the one who said "stones and all that".  That comes from the New Testament and is about hypocrisy.  So, accuse me all you wish of being "obtuse" and making a "federal case" out of it.  You were the one who introduced both concepts.  I merely responded to your posts.

Edited by Real Eyes
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, realitymaven said:

He admitted on the show that he contributed nothing to Danielle during their time together: she housed, fed and clothed him and he didn't work (save for two weeks). 

Interesting.  Still, just having to deal with Danielle is something you couldn't pay me enough to do.  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Marrying for money and/or stability is still very much a 21st century concept. And if you scratch the surface, what many people call "love" has lots of socioeconomic and cultural limits in place. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It is what it is. But it's far from "We married for pure and true love only."

I know no one who married for money/stability.  I've known a lot of people who married out of lust rather than love.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, realitymaven said:

Mo is a textbook GC scammer who thought his GC would arrive the day of his marriage and then was very displeased when it didn't.

In light of this information which is new to me, it is beginning to look like he and Danielle were pretty evenly matched.  

• Love 4

Yeah, but he didn't think he'd have to do it for long. He was being coached by his brother and best friend but unfortunately for him, they were in Canada. In Canada back in 2012 (when Mo found Dani), the "green card" (our version) arrived when you marry. The day you marry. So there have been lots of stories about "here for the wedding, gone by the honeymoon." That's why Mo is so pissed on his post lawyer visit phone call to his friend in Canada.  "I never wanted to come here (i.e. the U.S.) and now this?"......LOL

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, realitymaven said:

Yes, he left for Qatar from Tunisia in 2010 (had been living with his parents) to visit his older brother who had a job with DHL. Once in Qatar, he asked his brother to get him a job with DHL too. It seems to have been a low level warehouse job that Mo inflated to "Logistics Warehouse Manager", lol. His younger brother was made of sterner stuff and got a student visa to Canada. That wasn't available to Mo (high school dropout) but a plan was hatched for him to get to Canada. Luckily for Canada, we have no fiancé visa so Mo went on numerous other sites and found Danielle. Perfect mark! 

What really gave him away to me was not the lawyer's visit, but what he said to the lawyer. He was genuinely shocked when he found out that he would have to wait two years for his green card. He could barely get the words out and all he could do was stammer, "B-but why it take so long?"  I truly think that his plan was to bolt for Canada two weeks after the wedding, no explanation, nada, leaving Danielle completely in the lurch and in the dark. In his mind it was either stick with Danielle or go back to Tunisia and start from scratch, so he decided to marry Danielle, but resented the hell out of her for it because she expected him to stay with her.

Mo didn't do his homework before coming here. He should have studied our laws a little more. That's what you do, right, when your entire future is contingent upon a single law? You find out what that law is?

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Sprockets said:

In light of this information which is new to me, it is beginning to look like he and Danielle were pretty evenly matched.  

The real victim is the U.S. taxpayer who will end up paying for this in the long run. Unless Mo's scamming career lasts a really long time! But I'm Canadian so we dodged a bullet here.....I hope (Don't come to Canada, Mo)

• Love 12

If Mo receives any form of government benefits within 10 years from the date of his marriage, Danielle has to repay those amounts.  There's a similar law in Canada.  It used to be 10 years, but it has been cut down substantially.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

What really gave him away to me was not the lawyer's visit, but what he said to the lawyer. He was genuinely shocked when he found out that he would have to wait two years for his green card. He could barely get the words out and all he could do was stammer, "B-but why it take so long?"  I truly think that his plan was to bolt for Canada two weeks after the wedding, no explanation, nada, leaving Danielle completely in the lurch and in the dark. In his mind it was either stick with Danielle or go back to Tunisia and start from scratch, so he decided to marry Danielle, but resented the hell out of her for it because she expected him to stay with her.

Mo didn't do his homework before coming here. He should have studied our laws a little more. That's what you do, right, when your entire future is contingent upon a single law? You find out what that law is?

BLAME CANADA! haha.... Yeah, I can see where his brother and best friend in Canada got confused. When Mo was talking to his first online girlfriend, he complained about being stuck in the U.S., he wanted to be in Montreal with other sophisticates like himself. He wanted her to send him a train ticket to Canada but by that time she was wise to him (she's also submitted an Affidavit to USCIS)

• Love 4

I know no one who married for money/stability.  I've known a lot of people who married out of lust rather than love.

Regardless of who we personally know, people do get married for money and for stability. It's not a far-fetched concept.

People indeed marry for lust. I said so last week. I said I thought all of the marriages on this show were lust based, though sometimes one-sided lust. That lust blinded people to some major problems: deceit, incompatible goals, and financial disputes.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, realitymaven said:

. . .the U.S. taxpayer who will end up paying for this in the long run. 

What will the taxpayer be paying for?  We've already received the taxes from whatever he was paid for appearing on the show. . . .I cannot imagine what costs there would be.  

• Love 2

***If you can only make your point by being rude to other posters, don't post.  Take a break and come back later.***

Uncivil comments past this point will be removed and warnings/suspensions issued to their owners. 

• Love 9

If Loren and Pao keep up with their friendly relationship I think Alexei is going to have a big issue with it. He is a man of few words but you can tell he doesn't like Pao at all!

Did anybody else notice when Loren was on the edge of the couch yelling at Mo for the eleventymillionth time, Alexei pulled her back and quietly said "That's enough, now". It was only then that she quieted down. Oh yeah, Alexei was not happy with her. I have to say the man has a lot of class. Team Alexei!

• Love 17