Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: 'Til DeAth Do Us Part

(edited)

SERIES FINALE!

No episode description yet (but let's be real - we don't really need one since we know it will be two hours of shipping and then we'll find out who AD is in the last five minutes).

Promoa:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

SERIES FINALE!

Promoa:

That 2nd clip contains multiple shots of the original end scene from 6x10 -- and if you compare it to the dream sequence from last episode, apparently in Emily's original dream Alison was clearly not pregnant, Alison's face was much thinner, Alison's outfit was different and the blackboard only had one name on it (Mrs. Rollins) .  But Emily still enters the room AFTER Aria.

AD is apparently known almost instantly (biggest curve ball)

But things to note from promo: Alison's hair is a disaster, Jenna eats Addison for breakfast, "Aria can't marry Ezra" fake suspense saga continues, Melissa and a horse (she better be who Twincer takes orders from), Mona slaps "Spencer", Mary Drake stabs Spencer in the shoulder and jig is up,  Mona's back at Radley, and Wren's firing a gun.

Will the Wrenchman actually kill someone?

A-List Wrap Party I have no high expectations for, probably just running down the list of things Marlene tweeted out while laughing and reminiscing. 

• Love 1
(edited)

So I guess AD is not any of the people in the clip. I am totally unspoiled, but I think it will be a male.  I thought I didn't care, but I am actually curious.  I kind of hope it is someone who has been watching all along and not the new kid in town.  I will also require an explanation of how AD has so many resources, including human resources...and the doll thing. Zah?

Edited by insubordination
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, insubordination said:

So I guess AD is not any of the people in the clip. I am totally unspoiled, but I think it will be a male.  I thought I didn't care, but I am actually curious.  I kind of hope it is someone who has been watching all along and not the new kid in town.  I will also require an explanation of how AD has so many resources, including human resources...and the doll thing. Zah?

maybe but then again we suppose to have massive twists in this episode so go figure

1 hour ago, insubordination said:

I will also require an explanation of how AD has so many resources, including human resources...and the doll thing. Zah?

What I don't get (and I don't know why I'm surprised given the poor continuity of this show) is how AD can know every move the Liars make but not know who killed Charlotte till the Liars figured it out. If Charlotte was so important to AD why didn't he/she keep better tabs on her???

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Froippi said:

ok i've watch this trailer a few times and swear Aria says she can't bury Ezra anyone else hearing that ?

I THINK she's saying that she can't marry Ezra, but the audio quality is lower so it could easily be mistaken for bury. However, I did hear it too the first time I watched the promo.

49 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

What I don't get (and I don't know why I'm surprised given the poor continuity of this show) is how AD can know every move the Liars make but not know who killed Charlotte till the Liars figured it out. If Charlotte was so important to AD why didn't he/she keep better tabs on her???

Yeah, I want to know how AD knew about Mona being Charlotte's killer at basically the same time that the Liars did. She must have devices planted on them if she can get info like that instantly. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I THINK she's saying that she can't marry Ezra, but the audio quality is lower so it could easily be mistaken for bury. However, I did hear it too the first time I watched the promo.

it would make since why you can barely hear it though since Aria would be that depressed over Ezra being killed in the finale

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think you were right i turn my volume up on TV on youtube to 53 and it sounds like Marry idk wtf is going on their poor volume I guess and it was confirmed thanks to interview by ET online with Marlene King that she can't marry Ezra

Edited by Froippi

So that flashback occurs during 5.01 Escape from New York, right?  The one where Ali gave CeCe her fake Vivian Darkbloom passport and ticket.  Who exactly is telling this flashback - both of the participants are dead.

"Is she here?"  I'm trying to eliminate who "she" couldn't be:

Melissa - in RWPD with her parents

Any of the Liars - In NYC / on a bus back to Rosewood

Ali - Ditto

Mona - in Rosewood assembling her futile anti-Ali army

Paige - in the aforementioned army

So who's left, Pam?  Ella?  If "she" is Shower Harvey I'm gonna spit.

• Love 2

I actually think the girl on the phone is Jenna. Charlotte's probably looking for Mary, and we know Jenna was helping her do that. My question is, who the hell is telling us this flashback? Both of the people in it are dead and if that really is Jenna on the phone, she still wouldn't know everything that happened before Charlotte picked up the phone.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, I can't imagine Charlotte getting a phone call from one of her minions and then saying to them, "OMG, I just met a cute boy on the plane and he's going to call me tomorow!!!" so yeah, there's no way for anyone to know that this conversation actually happened. Let me guess - Charlotte left behind a pink Hello Kitty diary with a little lock on it where she wrote about meeting Archer for the first time!

ETA: I feel like there's supposed to be some kind of significance to the fact that she told Archer her name was Charlotte Drake (not Cece Drake or Charlotte Dilaurentis) but at this point, I just don't care anymore.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/21/2017 at 3:13 PM, mac123x said:

So I can shut off the TV immediately?  Bonus!

Lmao my thought exactly.

I have to say though, seeing the old scenes in the extended promo reminded me that this show was actually fun and exciting once upon a time. 

Also, ETA: the music in the extended promo reminds me of the Battlestar Galactica theme every time Head Six appeared to Baltar.

Edited by raytch
  • Love 3
(edited)

ok all this don't make since though who would want to expose lucas friendship with charlotte surely not AD he want to keep that quite so my guess is someone like Ezra or caleb found out be my guess cause if they found that out someone could start connecting the dots this just now dawn on me when connecting stuff to Mary Drake and that is what I cannot figure out

Edited by Froippi
8 hours ago, raytch said:

I have to say though, seeing the old scenes in the extended promo reminded me that this show was actually fun and exciting once upon a time. 

^^^ This. Every time I see old clips I see the potential of this show, and the stupid route they decided to take it. There were so many good theories and plots they could of went down but this is what they decided on. But I still love it, because sometimes I see the awesomeness of all the four girls and ♥♥♥♥♥ back to the good old days, when their friendship through the shit that was going down was wonderful to see. Forever pissed that they ruined Spanna! 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, raytch said:

7 hours ago, dkb said:

^^^ This. Every time I see old clips I see the potential of this show, and the stupid route they decided to take it. There were so many good theories and plots they could of went down but this is what they decided on. But I still love it, because sometimes I see the awesomeness of all the four girls and ♥♥♥♥♥ back to the good old days, when their friendship through the shit that was going down was wonderful to see. Forever pissed that they ruined Spanna! 

My thoughts exactly. The first season had potential (Veronica Mars rip-off or not), but then the escalation began (we need bigger and stupider than last season) and just got out of control. But the moment it dropped off the cliff was the moment Ali was revealed as alive. Since then it has become pure car-crash TV, rather than a slight silly but infinitely enjoyable show. 

• Love 11
On 6/21/2017 at 8:44 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, I want to know how AD knew about Mona being Charlotte's killer at basically the same time that the Liars did. She must have devices planted on them if she can get info like that instantly. 

It was married, at least that's what the captions said.

On 6/22/2017 at 4:40 PM, mac123x said:

So that flashback occurs during 5.01 Escape from New York, right?  The one where Ali gave CeCe her fake Vivian Darkbloom passport and ticket.  Who exactly is telling this flashback - both of the participants are dead.

Yeah, how would anyone else know about that scene even took place ?  Let lone describe it to that level of detail, right down to Charlotte's bad wig and huge hat.

Mona shatters the snowglobe, and this promo shows a different perspective of the Wren gunshot scene. He looked cold and resolute in the first promo, but here he looks more conflicted and shaky about using it.

This makes me think Wren might not be full bad guy. Maybe he'll be in the same room with Spencer and Twincer and won't know who the real one is. :P

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, AftermathTV said:

Mona shatters the snowglobe, and this promo shows a different perspective of the Wren gunshot scene. He looked cold and resolute in the first promo, but here he looks more conflicted and shaky about using it.

This makes me think Wren might not be full bad guy. Maybe he'll be in the same room with Spencer and Twincer and won't know who the real one is. :P

Please let that trope happen. 

• Love 2
(edited)

is it possible he shoots Ezra and just a pawn that AD is using that looks like the same gun from the blind school in 7x10 could be a mask to idk

Edited by Froippi

That shot of Hanna seeing her reflection in the knife totally reminded me of Heathers!

The only thing I got out of clip #3 is that Ali needs to grow out those bangs ASAP.

5 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Considering that Spencer/Alison just got the keys to the Lost Woods last episode, definitely some time jump has occurred in order to allow them time to completely revamp/remodel the place.

Nah, they just need to have Mona bend space and time for them with the power of her mind! What? Isn't that something you can do when you're living in a perpetual state of hyper reality?

• Love 3
Just now, Chairperson Meow said:

One of the promos sounds like Spencer is yelling "He's freaking A!"  Which makes me very hopeful for EzrA, the return.  I could forgive IMK for at least a season or two for that.  

That, I'm pretty sure, is a flashback to when Spencer was on drugs, but she WAS also talking about EzrA, around the time that he was discovered to be writing that book. A lot on that promo was flashbacks to the series' previous seasons. Though it would be nice if it was a hint toward what'll happen in the finale, but I doubt King will make any of the precious love interests A.D.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

That, I'm pretty sure, is a flashback to when Spencer was on drugs, but she WAS also talking about EzrA, around the time that he was discovered to be writing that book. A lot on that promo was flashbacks to the series' previous seasons. Though it would be nice if it was a hint toward what'll happen in the finale, but I doubt King will make any of the precious love interests A.D.

EzrA would make sense that Aria couldn't marry him.  I'd sacrifice that couple.  Put Spencer and Toby back together, give Toby a long speech on feelings and stuff, idc.  I'll suffer through it for that.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

The nearest I could get to a  satisfying conclusion, would be the following: -

AD is uncovered and is whoever (Melissa/ Jason/ Lucas/ Wren - someone irrelevant and peripheral). Everyone breathes a sigh of relief, the remaining marriages happen, we fast forward a year or so and all of the couples are homemaking and happy. Either: -

1. Aria uncovers something in Ezra's belongings that identifies him as the real AD; or,  
  2. my preference. Ali uncovers something in Emily's belongings that identifies her as the real AD and still in cahoots with Paige. 
  3. Obviously the same could happen with Spencer/ Toby or Hanna/ Caleb, but they would not be as pleasing. 
Edited by Chinspinner
  • Love 3

Twelve more hours until we (allegedly) get all of our questions answered! Hahaha, you know, followed by a week of Marlene tweeting "answers" because she didn't answer everything in the finale.

You guys, I can't believe that we have THREE HOURS of Marlene shipping Ezria to watch tonight.

• Love 6

Charlotte being A pissed me off. This show missed the mark by having such a long awaited mystery and then making a random character that nobody cares about as the mystery A. And back in the day when the mystery was still interesting, Marlene used to say u can find hints of who A is in certain episodes blah blah. No. There were no hints of Charlotte being A in any of the episodes ever. AD better be someone good. I really oh so badly want it to be one of the 4 girls. That would be the only way to satisfy me.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Charlotte being A pissed me off. This show missed the mark by having such a long awaited mystery and then making a random character that nobody cares about as the mystery A. And back in the day when the mystery was still interesting, Marlene used to say u can find hints of who A is in certain episodes blah blah. No. There were no hints of Charlotte being A in any of the episodes ever. AD better be someone good. I really oh so badly want it to be one of the 4 girls. That would be the only way to satisfy me.

It's because everything she said up until few episodes before that finale was pointing at Wren. It's quite clear that Cece was thrown in as Uber A because Wren wasn't shocking enough. They had plans for Uber A being a guy, but I'm positive King didn't think of doing a transgender storyline until way after the season 5 finale aired. Also, the clear shot of Uber A in the dollhouse in the season 5 finale clearing having dark brown/black hair. I am 95% sure it was supposed to be Wren, and that's why I'm sure Marlene King is bringing back Wren for him to be part of the A.D team. Sadly, the boat has sailed on him being Uber A, and A.D is probably Spencer's twin, because Marlene King will never commit to one of the four girls, or their love interests being the Big Bad. It ruins the illusion of her fairytale ending, after all. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

AD better be someone good. I really oh so badly want it to be one of the 4 girls. That would be the only way to satisfy me.

Or IMK will retcon it so that two people are actually A.D. (kind of like the first 'Scream' movie that had two killers) -- that's why A.D. can seemingly be anywhere and everywhere.

Paige and Charlotte's evil twin ?

Jenna and Pepe the corpse-sniffing dog ?

Lucas and Sydney ?

Mona and Spencer's evil twin ?

Aria and future Aria (since future Aria invented a time machine) ?

The possibilities are endless -- and absolutely none of them will make any sense.

• Love 4

Maybe it's the Kin cellphone designers, mad that their product placement on PLL didn't work. 

I still laugh at Aria having that Kin for all of two episodes before it crashed and burned and she was back to a regular phone. 

• Love 2

So, that was all bullshit. I think I could have liked the second half of the finale more if there was less talking and exposition and more action, mystery, and suspense. If they cut out 75% of the bullshit from the first hour, they could have had time to do anything.

Yeah, the dollhouse from season 5/6 was a way better arc than this crap. I'm going to need to process some more. 

Mona's awesome, Troian looked relieved to actually get something to do, and....that's about it. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think I could have liked the second half of the finale more if there was less talking and exposition and more action, mystery, and suspense. If they cut out 75% of the bullshit from the first hour, they could have had time to do anything.

My thoughts exactly.  Spencer should have been kidnapped before the first act, and the exposition and flashbacks could have been spread out, and they could have spent more time figuring out the Twin replacement (with Alex giving inadvertent clues to more people than just the horse and the blind girl).  The Hanna / Caleb wangst was totally unnecessary,  as was the first sex montage.  The second one was okay since a) it was relevant to the Twincer plot and b) shirtless Toby.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Dream Boy said:

So there were 2 Spencers walking around town and no one ever noticed?

Not even the writers since the made this up on the spot, this was not planned.

• Love 8